• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Shark Tale

17 hours ago, Metal Snake said:

Yeah, I agree with teenj, Storm Racers references are nice to see, as well as appropriate. It also ties in well to have a pirate-themed episode for Jake's birthday, since he used to be a thief growing up. Same to have Flinn too, so I can call this a good episode of Adventure Time with Flinn and Jake.

Oh lol i didn't actually realized it until now you meantioned it. Anyways I thought this is fun episode especially seeing Jack makes interesting appearance to this episode, and loving the battle as well. Jake has pretty good gift for his b-day.

I always wanted to see some of more of SR-element to this own thing, but hey, it's your show. :plankton2:

Overall, a very solid episode to read it.

Also, I thought Audrey was going to give Jake something else at first...

• Like 1

56. Mermaid Team Go!

Valina and Cassidy are seen walking down a sidewalk. Valina is now wearing glasses.

"Wow, it's a nice night out for February..." Cassidy said, looking at the night sky, and feeling the air.

"It certainly is. But what makes it even better is seeing it with you." Valina replied, as they smile at each other. "However, let's focus on our mission. No sign of those two goons so far..."

Donny and Blyde are then seen running through the streets.

"MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!" Donny yelled, holding a metal briefcase, pushing a civilian out of the way.

"Jerks!" the civilian yelled.

Cassidy and Valina see the commotion, and are surprised.

"Thanks for jinxing us." Cassidy said sarcastically, and takes out her phone. "Yep, we found them."

"Alright, Briar and I will intercept." Peyton's voice replied on the other line.

Donny and Blyde keep running, and Peyton appears from around the corner. She sends a sound wave from her hand right at the two, knocking them to the ground, and dropping the briefcase. Briar also appears from the corner, and quickly takes the briefcase. Valina and Cassidy meet up with them.

"Nice work." Cassidy said, but Donny and Blyde get up.

"Now ladies, let's not make this difficult! Give that fancy briefcase back!" Donny threatened.

"Or what?" Cassidy asked smugly.

"Uh...I don't know what exactly we'll do, but the boss won't be happy at me for one!" Donny bargained.

"Yeah, what he said!" Blyde nodded in agreement.

Cassidy lets out a water blast from her hand at Blyde, sending him into a trashcan.

"Duh..." Blyde groaned.

"Maybe we should've brought a weapon-" Donny was saying, when Valina sent an electricity bolt from her hand at him, sending Donny next to Blyde. 

"Later, weirdos." Peyton said, as the four laugh, and keep walking.

Briar opens the briefcase, and gasps upon seeing what is inside: bullets and other parts of weaponry.

"Oh no...it's what we've feared. These are blueprints to building weapons that can be used against mermaids...especially guardian mermaids." Briar revealed, concerning them all greatly.

Suddenly, a black boat goes driving crazily near them. A door opens, and a can is thrown out. It releases red smoke, making Cassidy, Valina, Briar, and Peyton fall to the ground, coughing heavily, and Briar drops the briefcase. A tall, buff narwhal walks out of it, who wears gold sunglasses, has a gold horn on his head, and a gold stick in his mouth. He laughs, and approaches the women.

"Hey yo, well what do we got here?" The narwhal spoke in a deep Italian accent.

The women look up annoyed, trying to channel their powers, but have no luck. Valina tries to reach for the briefcase, but the narwhal steps on it.

"Thank yous very much." The narwhal said, taking the briefcase.

He then flicks the gold stick from his mouth at Valina's forehead, irritating her more, as she keeps coughing.

"Haha, how do you like that!? It's a nerve gas that only works on you mermaid girls!" Donny taunted.

"Hey yo, Donny, Blyde, get movin'." The narwhal ordered.

The three get in, and it races off. The four then get up, annoyed.

"Ugh...we must warn the new guardians, before they use those weapons to wipe all of us out." Valina said.

The heroes are seen at the Golden Seahorse.

"Man, we haven't had much going on lately, I kind of miss having weirdos to fight..." Cynthia said, sighing.

"Yeah, our remaining enemies have gone quiet, other than Flinn and I's recent encounter with Broodwing." Jake said, wondering.

"Something about it seems...abnormal. However, I am at least 84.57% sure that there is still work for us to do." Zero replied.

Suddenly, Valina, Cassidy, Peyton and Briar enter in, surprising everyone.

"Hello friends, are we having a reunion?" Mai asked.

"No, but it can be if you want." Cassidy joked.

"We have something urgent to tell the guardians and knights." Briar said.

"Snail-tective's hiatus lasts a whole year?!" Nick asked.

"Uh...no, not anywhere even close." Peyton replied.

"Whew, I still haven't seen the season finale." Nick replied.

"We've discovered that Donald Bucklend's narwhal mafia is planning to make weapons that could be used to wipe us out, yes, all of us guardians." Briar explained surprising the heroes.

"...Narwhal mafia? I don't know whether to laugh or be legitimately concerned." Tori wondered.

"Well at least us guys are safe, but yeah, that's still not good for any of you girls at all...on second thought, maybe I shouldn't have commented." Nick said.

"How did you find out about this?" Cameron asked.

"We've been patrolling strange crimes in Posidonia Fields lately, to help you guys out. It's been a cool way for us to reunite, kind of like a throwback to the old days. Lately we've seen Bucklend's henchmen break into important places, some being Federation laboratories. They've been obtaining machinery to build their anti-mermaid weapons. We stopped two of his weird goons last night, and discovered what they were making." Cassidy explained.

"I don't understand something here though. How does Donald Bucklend even know of your existence?" Trent asked.

"When his thief Firebolt escaped from prison, it is possible he told him everything about us, along with his accomplices Donny and Blyde." Zero recalled.

"That would make sense." Jake replied.

"Unfortunately, we lost the blueprints. Now we're asking for your help to stop this Bucklend guy." Peyton said.

"Wow, us working together with the old guardians, this sounds awesome!" Audrey said.

"Wait, can you guys even still use your elemental powers?" Cameron asked.

"Yes, but we cannot transform." Valina said.

"However, I could allow Madison's heart to make us transform too." Briar said.

"Whoa, transforming eight people, now that's an upgrade." Madison replied.

"Perhaps...only us guardians can handle this?" Valina suggested.

"Yeah, this could give both groups some bonding time." Trent said.

"I suppose I could use a break, so if only you girls...and women, want to do this thing together, go ahead." Jake said.

"I don't mind taking off either, I could catch up with Snail-tective." Nick said, pondering.

"Are you helping us too?" Audrey asked Mai.

"Nah, I am getting too old, but best of luck to you all." Mai replied.

"Are you ladies sure you can handle this?" Zero asked.

"I think we'll be fine, that Bucklend guy is no real threat. Besides, it'll be interesting to see what these old timers can teach us about guardian powers." Cynthia replied.

"Sure, I'll give you whatever wisdom I can." Peyton replied.

"Hey, we aren't that old...at least physically, I look like I'm in my 30s which isn't too far off." Cassidy said.

"Maybe I can offer some helpful tips on how to improve your fighting styles." Valina said.

"Yeah, we don't need any from you..." Madison said under her breath, as Trent approached her, taking her off to the side.

"I don't know you still don't trust my mom much, and I don't blame you, but try to get along. She's trying to change." Trent said.

"I understand, it's just difficult after how she treated us, but I'll try." Madison said, smiling.

"Also, hey Valina, when did you get those glasses?" Audrey asked.

"The other day, they look great on me, don't you agree?" Valina replied.

"They're not bad, I say keep them." Cynthia replied.

"Thank you very much. I know you all probably don't trust me still, but this could be a bonding experience for all of us." Valina said.

"We'll still be around if you need help." Cameron said.

"Best of luck to all of you. Past and present guardians working together, that will be interesting." Mai said.

Both sets of guardians are seen hanging around a secluded area of the park.

"So...any stories you want to share about your days as guardians? I feel like those could be interesting." Audrey suggested.

"Maybe another time." Peyton replied.

"Yeah, let's save story time for after we defeat the bad guys." Cynthia said.

"Speaking of, I didn't know Bucklend is buddy buddy with a narwhal mafia." Audrey said.

"I wonder what's he doing right now anyways." Madison said.

"Probably something stupid." Tori replied.

Meanwhile, Donald Bucklend is seen inside a shady restaurant named "Mafia Meals", with several narwhal mafia gang members. There is a sign outside the restaurant stating "NO MERMAIDS ALLOWED". There is a ton of food at his grand table, as he chows down. Suddenly, two narwhals enter, holding weapons.

"Good news boss, the weapons are ready. Made with the best money can buy, just shoot these fancy things at dem mermies, and BOOM! Heh, they'll be done." a narwhal said, tossing one of the bullets to Bucklend, who caught it, while eating spaghetti. 

"So what'cha waitin' for, fellas? Once the mermies are gone, taking over this place will be a piece of cake, which reminds me, get me a nice piece of cake! That reminds me again, my grandfather made the best cakes. Now, GET TO IT!" Bucklend yelled, throwing a bread roll at a narwhal's head, who ran off to get a cake.

"Weren't you running to become the Posidonia King?" the other narwhal asked.

"I was, but I dropped out. Once word got out Ramos quit, so did I. There was no point in continuing without that fool in there. My dream was to beat him, and cast him in eternal shame for losing to Donald Bucklend. But with him not running, it'd be pathetically boring if I won without beating him. He's been awfully distant, I get the feeling those mermies got rid of him, and I'll probably be next. Therefore, I'll take over this entire country with you fellas at my side, and with these weapons, we'll be unstoppable. Now, go crush those mermies, but keep one alive. We'll examine 'em in my PosidoniaCorp labs, see what makes 'em tick, hehe." Donald Bucklend explained, laughing, as he ate more spaghetti. 

Back at the park, Briar casts an enchantment on the heart. It gives off a pink glow, and she returns it to Madison.

"This will allow you to transform former guardians now." Briar explained.

"Sweet, there's nobody around, so we could transform now if you want to train." Madison offered, looking around.

"I've missed being a guardian, so let's do it." Peyton replied.

They go under a bridge, and Madison shines the heart. It makes all eight transform this time, as they fly around. 

"Tori, join your powers with mine." Cassidy offered.

They face their backs against each other, and join hands. They release a combined water strike, twirling it through the air together. 

"Wow, it feels so much more powerful, thanks for this!" Tori said, as they both make it stop. 

"Cynthia, let us try combining our Earth powers." Briar offered to her.

The two fly up, and look across from each other. They throw their hands out, and begin rising vines up from the grass. The vines circle around, and rises back down into the ground.

"Excellent work." Briar said to Cynthia.

"Thanks, it's cool having you guys to help teach us, you're like our mentors, or really older sisters who look younger than they actually are." Cynthia said.

"Too bad my grandma doesn't want to be a guardian again." Audrey said.

"Don't worry, Wind and Music will make an interesting combination. Try with me." Peyton offered.

Peyton and Audrey flew side to side. Audrey let out a gust, and Peyton sent a sound wave, making it echo strongly through the air.

"Madison, join me. I can help amplify your powers, we share the same element." Valina offered to Madison, who is unsure.

"Uh...maybe, I guess, sure, just don't try anything funny." Madison replied.

"I'm not one for comedy, give it a chance, please..." Valina replied.

Madison shrugs, and joins with her. They form a similar position that Tori and Cassidy also did, and join hands. Electricity sparks through both of their hair, and they power up a bolt.

"Now, follow my lead, can you do that?" Valina asked.

"Sure." Madison replied uncaringly, as they try out a combined electricity strike.

Their electricity blasts collide together, as they concentrate on launching it. It goes slightly out of control, and crashes into the ground.

"Whoops..." Madison said.

"In order for this to work, we need to both concentrate better. It requires teamwork." Valina said.

"I'll try..." Madison replied, as they give it another go.

They try again, but with no luck.

"Alright, what is the problem?" Valina asked, getting somewhat annoyed.

"I'm sorry, it's just working with you is...weird. It's nothing personal, but after you were our enemy, it's hard to do." Madison said awkwardly, and Valina seems sad.

"I wanted to try making amends with you, but I see it is not simple. I'll leave if it's a problem..." Valina said.

"Wait, don't." Madison said, stopping her.

"Yeah Val, stay. She has her reasons to be on edge about trusting you, along with the other girls." Cassidy said.

"I have my problems with her too, but I'm willing to get along to fight off that weirdo's mafia." Cynthia said.

"Let's all try to get along." Audrey said.

"I'm sorry Valina, we can try again." Madison said, as she smiled.

"Alright. I will admit two Aether users trying to use their powers together is not very easy, either." Valina replies.

"YOOHOO, MERMAID GIRLS, COME OUT AND PLAAAAAAYYY!" a voice yelled, confusing them.

"Uh...what?" Tori asked, looking around.

Donny and Blyde jump out of the shadows, laughing, and the two are now wearing black greaser jackets.

"Oh wonderful, these two..." Peyton said, annoyed.

"You met these clowns too?" Cynthia asked.

"They are who we tried to get the briefcase from." Briar said.

"Aha, indeed you did, but you failed, silly!" Donny said, chuckling.

Briar then sends a rock flying at Donny, knocking him into a tree. 

"Wow, that hurt a lot, but what we are about to do is going to hurt even more!" Donny said, getting back up.

"Yeah, what he said! We also got these awesome jackets!" Blyde agreed, and showed his jacket off.

"What ugly jackets." Cynthia said.

"Hey, these jackets were given by our friends, how dare you! We actually fit in somewhere, kind of! That's it, say hello to my little friend..." Donny said annoyed, pulling out a red anti-magic laser gun. 

"Heh, I got one of those too!" Blyde said, showing his.

Suddenly, other narwhal gang members approached from different sides of the park, laughing. 

"Found 'em boys, now fire away! It's curtains for you, mermies!" a narwhal yelled, as they all fired their weapons.

"Alright, mermaid team, go!" Madison yelled.

The girls fought back. Several lasers hit them, as they somewhat feel weakened, but kept pressing on. Tori and Cassidy sent out whirlpools, twirling some members around.

"AAAHHH!!!" they yelled, and are sent flying away.

"Alright, be prepared for our epicness!" Blyde said, as they fired their weapons.

One blast hits Cassidy. Valina angrily sends electricity bolts from her hand at both of their weapons, as they explode, making the two fall to the ground.

"Owie!" Blyde yelled.

"Of course our weapons break, why cruel world!?" Donny cried.

"Are you okay?" Valina asks Cassidy.

"Yeah, I hope." Cassidy replies, and sends a water blast at Donny and Blyde, washing them away.

Audrey barely avoids more laser blasts from the narwhals, and sends gust attacks at them. Peyton sends sound waves that knock one narwhal's gun out of their hand. Audrey and her team up, sending a combined wind blast of sound at a narwhal, knocking them aside. Briar and Cynthia make vines rise up, grabbing some of the narwhals. However, some are able to break free with their horns, and keep firing. Madison sends electricity balls at some, who either dodge, or the attacks collide into the lasers. Several narwhals then throw out red smoke bombs.

"Don't breathe those!" Peyton warned, as they tried to avoid the gas.

"Maybe I can clear it up..." Audrey said, as she quickly blows the gas away with wind gusts. Valina and Madison send electricity blasts at the smoke bombs, destroying them.

"No! But don't worry mermies, we got another surprise..." a narwhal said, as they pulled out a giant red machine gun. "Hasta la vista, baby."

The narhwal fires multiple laser blasts everywhere, as all of the guardians get hit. Smoke comes off of them, and they press on.

"Dang, these weapons aren't jokes." Tori said, sending another water blast at that narwhal, who jumps out of the way, and keeps firing his machine gun.

"AAAAYYYYYY!" another narwhal yelled, as they fired their machine gun, along with others.

"These guys are really getting on my nerves now!" Cynthia said, wrapping one of the machine guns in vines, and tossing it away.

"No, my baby!" the narwhal yelled, running for the gun, but Peyton sends a sound wave right at their face. "Gah, my head!"

Valina and Madison both throw electricity strikes at other machine guns, making some explode, and knocking the narwhals around. One goes flying into a tree, and their horn makes them stick to it.

"Ayy, this sucks." the narwhal said.

Audrey turns invisible, avoiding one narwhal's laser gun.

"What the?!" the narwhal asked, as she reappears behind him.

"Peekaboo." Audrey said, and sends a whirlwind at him, tossing him into the air.

Tori and Cassidy send more combined water waves, knocking them away. 

"Wow, we go together like bread and butter, nice teamwork." Cassidy said.

"Up top." Tori said, as they gave each other a high-five. 

Cynthia and Briar rose up the ground, sending some of the narwhals flying up, dropping their weapons. While flying, Audrey and Peyton sent combined wind sound attacks, knocking them down to the ground. One more narwhal remained, who looked around scared.

"Oh boy...uh, no worries, you're no match for me!" the narwhal said, pulling out two machine guns, and fired.

"Madison, let us try working together again." Valina offered.

"Sure, I hope it works this time." Madison said, as they channeled up their electric powers, while the others stalled the narwhal to give them time.

Madison and Valina launched the electricity blast, but it missed the narwhal.

"We almost had it!" Madison said disappointed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure there will be more of these fools to try it out on." Valina said, shooting a lightning strike at one of his machine guns, making it explode, and sending the narwhal flying away.

They look around to see all the knocked out narwhals.

"Ay..." one groaned.

"Well I guess that's all for them, but something tells me we should move before more come." Madison said.

Suddenly, Donny and Blyde come running toward them before they leave, almost out of breath.

"Not so fast, you're not going anywhere! The boss will give us a promotion if we capture one of you, and that's what we're gonna do! I don't have a weapon, but somehow, we wi-" Donny was rambling.

Valina floats down, and punches him in the face, as he falls to the ground. 

"Uh...don't hit me as hard..." Blyde begged.

Valina slaps him across the face with her mermaid tail, and he falls to the ground next to Donny, who both cry.

"Okay, we'll just leave now...oww..." Donny groaned.

Both of them run off, screaming. 

"Weak fools." Valina said.

"Much better, I can finally hear myself think again." Peyton said snidely.

"Now what?" Audrey asked.

"I say we pay a little visit to Donald Bucklend." Madison said, picking up one of the narwhals. "Where is he?"

"Ugh...the boss is at Mafia Meals, yum..." the narwhal said, and she drops him.

"Where is that?" Tori asked.

"I've heard of it before, it's a shady restaurant located on the outskirts of Posidonia Fields where that narwhal mafia hangs out." Peyton said.

"Then let's get going, before more of their allies come." Briar said, as they fly off.

The eight guardians carefully stay high above, and land on a rooftop. 

"It feels weird to use these mermaid tails...and wings again, after so long." Cassidy said.

"I still don't know why we have wings, but whatever. Are we close to their hangout?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes, just a little further." Peyton replied.

From a distance, several other narwhals are seen on a rooftop. One looks through their binoculars, and gasps.

"It's da mermies!" the narwhal said.

"Heh, good. Time to bust out this bad boy." another one said, taking a red rocket launcher out of a crate. 

The narwhal aims it at the guardians, and fires. 

"Watch out!" Cassidy yelled, as they scattered, avoiding the missile, as it explodes onto the rooftop. 

"Where did that come from!?" Tori asked.

"Over there." Valina said, noticing the narwhals in the distance, who taunted them.

The narwhal fired another missile from the rocket launcher, but Madison quickly struck it with lightning, making it explode. 

"I don't really feel like fighting these creeps all day long, let's get to that restaurant." Peyton said.

"Maybe we can split up. Half of us can deal with them, and the other half can confront Bucklend." Madison suggested, avoiding another missile blast.

"How about you, me, Cassidy and Cynthia go, while the rest of you can deal with this." Valina suggested.

"Sure thing." Tori said, firing a water blast at a narwhal on the other roof, knocking them off.

"AAAHHH!!!" they yelled.

The first group floats off, headed to Mafia Meals, while the rest headed to the rooftop with the rocket launcher narwhal. Audrey sends a whirlwind at another, knocking them off the roof. The remaining one with the rocket launcher keeps shooting, but Briar hurls several stones at the narwhal, knocking them down. They land on the rooftop, and Peyton throws the narwhal off. Briar crushes the rocket launcher with another stone.

"Anybody else want some?" Tori asked.

Suddenly, a few nerve gas cans are thrown onto the roof, as they begin to cough. 

"What...where...did that come from?" Audrey asked, looking around.

Four narwhals jump onto the roof, laughing. They fire their laser guns, knocking them down.

"Remember boys, take one for examination." a narwhal said.

One shoots a capture net at Tori, wrapping her up, and she struggles to move.

"Great..." Tori said.

She tried to use her mind control power on a narwhal, but the gas made her too weak, as she faints. The narwhals take her, as Briar manages to crawl out. She swims to Tori, but a narwhal fires at her, and she is sent falling on top of a van below. The narwhals take Tori to the bottom, as Audrey and Peyton struggle to get out of the red gas. A narwhal sees Briar on top of the van roof.

"Might as well take another, for variety." the narwhal said, as both Briar and Tori are tossed in the back of the van. It drives off. 

Audrey and Peyton break free from the gas, and look around.

"Oh no..." Audrey said, seeing Tori and Briar are gone.

The first group sees Mafia Meals, and gets closer. Inside, Bucklend is still seen inside, eating his delicious meal, with the narwhal from the beginning by his side with the gold stick in his mouth. Suddenly, the doors fling open, and two narwhals are thrown across the room. The "NO MERMAIDS ALLOWED" sign is thrown in front of Bucklend, as the girls approach him.

"Donald Bucklend, we need to talk!" Madison said, as the other narwhals looked at them.

"Uh oh, are you the tax collectors?" Bucklend asked, not looking up from his food.

The girls look at him oddly, and he then sees their mermaid tails.

"Oh wait...it's the mermies, never mind. Intruding into our restaurant, eh? How rude, but hey, I finally get to see what you freaks look like." Donald Bucklend replied, eating ravioli, and the narwhals laughed.

"Hey yo boss, want me to escort these intrudas out?" the narwhal by his side asked, cracking his knuckles.

"No Morty, let 'em speak." Donald Bucklend replied.

"Call off your narwhal army...or whatever you call them, or else you'll regret it." Madison said.

"Hahaha, get a load of this boys, they think they're the boss of me!" Donald Bucklend replied, as the narwhals laughed.

"Can we just attack and get this over with?" Valina asked, readying electricity.

"Cool it..." Cassidy said to her.

"Come on, you know you can't beat us anyways." Cynthia taunted.

"Don't be so sure mermie, these anti-magic weapons are pretty powerful. Y'all have been the bane of my existence lately. First you stop my thief and ruin my image, then you blew up my bodyguard!" Donald Bucklend, showing Vastacoar's severed hand.

"Uh...what is that?" Cassidy asked oddly.

"If we're being technical, a robot blew it up, not us." Cynthia corrected.

"Silence! Don't worry though, Vastacoar has a special ability that lets him regrow his body back, so my boy's going to return one of these days, heh. Until then, go Vastacoar!!" Donald Bucklend yelled, throwing the shark hand.

The hand just crawled on the floor, and Madison kicks it aside.

"Alright, this is getting us nowhere." Madison said.

Suddenly, Bucklend's phone rings.

"Hold on, let me take this call, mermies." Bucklend replied, answering. "Hello? Heh...I see. Excellent. Hate to break it to ya girls, but it appears two of your comrades are down. They are being transported to PosidoniaCorp right now."

"No!" Madison said.

Morty chuckles, and stares at Valina creepily. He flings the gold stick from his mouth at her forehead again, angering her. She then releases electricity at Bucklend and Morty, who barely dodge. The girls attack, and the narwhals all immediately get up, firing their anti-magic weapons. Bucklend laughs, as he flips over the table during the fight. Suddenly, his large chair transforms into a robotic flying chair, as the girls look at him in confusion.

"...Huh? What the heck?" Cynthia asked, punching a narwhal in the face.

"Mwa ha ha, my company made this, like my sweet ride?!" Donald Bucklend asked, as he fires lasers from his chair, and flies to Vastacoar's hand.

He quickly grabs Vastacoar's hand, and escapes through the back exit, laughing. Morty fires lasers from his red gun, and escapes through the back exit as well. The remaining narwhals are beat up swiftly by the girls.

"Ouch..." one yelled, who is thrown over a table, and their horn is stuck in the wall.

"Who did they take?" Cynthia asked.

"Guess we'll find out in a few." Madison said, as they leave Mafia Meals.

Peyton and Audrey fly toward them, about to explain.

"I take it Briar and Tori were captured." Valina said.

"Yeah, but we don't know where the van went." Audrey said.

"To PosidoniaCorp, looks like that's our next destination." Madison replied.

They reach the outside of PosidoniaCorp, noticing narwhals patrolling around. Audrey turns invisible, and approaches the two.

"Hi there." Audrey spoke, confusing the narwhals.

"What the...who-who is there!?" one asked, as they point their guns around, scared.

While distracted, Cynthia rises up vines, and throws the narwhals aside. They head for the entrance, but lasers shoot their way. From the other side, more narwhals appear, along with Morty, who is in a big red mech suit. He has missile launchers on the top right and top left of his mech suit, while his left arm is a mech claw, and the right arm has an anvil on the end.

"Hey yo, you mermies ain't getting in nowhere." Morty said, firing multiple missiles from his mech suit.

"Okay, that is just ridiculous." Cassidy said, firing water blasts at narwhals and Morty's mech suit.

Audrey reappears, and twirls a narwhal around in a gust, avoiding laser blasts. She is hit by one of Morty's missiles, and is sent flying to the ground. The girls keep attacking, as Valina throws an electricity ball to Morty, who blocks it with the anvil arm.

Meanwhile, inside PosidoniaCorp, Tori and Briar are seen tied together, and sitting on a table. Bucklend is inside on his floating chair, with two narwhal guards.

"Don't even try to budge mermies, that rope is made of pure steel. Your friends won't save you in time. Now, we're going to see what makes y'all tick." Donald Bucklend stated, looking for dissection weapons in the room.

"Should we cut em top to bottom, or side to side?" one of the narwhals asked, making movements with their horn.

"Neither, we gotta do this carefully, boys. Now where are those tools, I can't find anything in this messy place anymore!" Bucklend said annoyed.

"Why are you floating on that stupid thing?" Tori asked.

"Shut it girl, this is a beautiful mode of transportation." Donald Bucklend replied, and kept looking.

"There's no real objects I can use to attack them with in here. Can you mind control one?" Briar whispered to Tori.

"I could try..." Tori said, focusing on one of the narwhals.

"Let us go." Tori spoke, and the narwhal hears.

"Must free mermies..." the narwhal said, but the other stops him.

"Snap out of it!" they say, as the narwhal comes to his senses.

"Whoa...what?" the narwhal asked.

"Worth a shot." Tori replied, sighing.

Back outside, the girls keep fighting the narwhals. 

"Alright, you keep handling them, Valina and I can sneak inside to rescue Tori and Briar." Madison ordered.

"Us?" Valina asked, knocking a narwhal away, and exploding their weapon with electricity.

"Sure, I guess both leaders should work together to end this." Madison replies.

Valina nods, and they head for the entrance.

"We'll keep them busy." Cassidy said, shooting whirlpools around Morty's mech suit, but he breaks through them, and fires his missiles.

Peyton sends a sound wave at another narwhal, knocking them onto Morty's mech suit.

"Hey yo, no free rides." Morty said, shaking the narwhal off.

"Hey hotshot, take this!" Cynthia said, throwing multiple rocks at his suit, but Morty shatters them with his anvil arm. 

Madison and Valina float around the entrance, where it is dark. Suddenly...

"OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!" Blyde yelled, jumping out of the shadows.

Valina is annoyed, and punches him in the face, as he goes sliding onto the ground. Donny then jumps out in front.

"Not so fast-" Donny was saying, when Madison shoots a heart blast, knocking him down.

Madison and Valina head up to the next floor, as they peek out from a corner to see narwhals walking around. They carefully float by, when a narwhal walks out of a room, gasping.

"Intru-" the narwhal was saying, when Valina punches them in the face multiple times, and kicks them back into the room.

"What was that?" a narwhal asked, as several of them go down the hall, seeing the two.

They fire away at once, but Madison shoots an electricity blast, knocking one into the wall. Valina shoots electricity blasts at the others, sending them aside. As they head up the hall, another narwhal pops out of a room, but Madison quickly punches them in the face, and closes the door.

"Nice job so far. But what room are they in..." Madison wondered.

"Hehe, get ready mermies..." Donald Bucklend said, as they hear the voice from a room.

Madison and Valina bust down the door, seeing Tori and Briar tied up. One of the narwhals has a power saw blade, but Madison quickly shoots an electricity blast at it, knocking it out of their hands. 

"About time!" Tori said, as Madison and Valina free the two.

The four guardians float up, about to attack Bucklend and the narwhals.

"Don't get too excited mermies. Your friends are getting pulverized by Morty, he's my best guy. Nobody can take him down." Donald Bucklend said, turning on a television, showing Morty attacking the other guardians outside, and beating them down with his anvil arm.

"Yeah, he beat a polar bear in a fight!" one of the narwhals said.

"Tori and Briar, go help the others. We'll handle this psycho." Madison said.

Tori smashes open the window with a water blast, as Briar and her head for Morty.

"Finish them!" Bucklend ordered.

"With pleasure!" a narwhal replied.

Both of the narwhals pull out knives, and begin striking them at Madison and Valina. Bucklend fires lasers from his floating chair, laughing.

Meanwhile, down below, Tori and Briar come to help the girls against Morty. 

"Hey yo, you're all about to get smashed by Morty himself!" Morty bragged, as he kept firing missiles everywhere.

"Hey Morty, take this!" Tori said, shooting a water blast at his mech, knocking him back a bit.

"Where are Valina and Madison?" Cassidy asked.

"They are busy with Bucklend, now let's take care of him. I have an idea..." Briar replied, seeing a platform above, leading to another part of Posidonia Fields.  "Let's lure him up there."

They float around, and launch attacks at Morty's mech suit, as he tries to counter with the missiles.

"Hey yo, hold still so I can blast you!" Morty annoyed, walking his mech forward.

They all float up over the rails, and land in a street, seeing buildings around. Morty's mech suit flies up, but Cassidy and Tori are behind him. They let out a powerful water strike, knocking his mech suit down.

"Hey yo..." Morty groaned.

His mech suit gets back up, as his sunglasses fall off, making him angry.

"Aight, gonna turn these mermaids into roadkill, yo." Morty said, firing more missiles.

Briar and Cynthia stop them with their telekinesis, and send them exploding into the ground. Peyton and Audrey launch combined wind sound attacks, knocking Morty around. Cynthia rises vines up, but he breaks loose, and she avoids his swinging anvil arm. Briar begins to levitate a trashcan, which Cynthia sees. They throw it together, but Morty smashes it aside with his anvil arm. However, everyone attacks his mech at once, which begins to smoke. Tori and Cassidy shoot more combined water blasts, but he breaks through them with missiles. Briar and Cynthia see a parked boatmobile, and get an idea. They levitate it together, and quickly send it flying right into Morty, knocking him off the platform. 

"Heeeey yoooooo!" Morty yells in slow motion.

His mech suit goes smashing into the ground, and it breaks.

"Dang." Morty said.

"Whew...great teamwork guys." Audrey said, tired.

"Yes...nice work helping me levitate that boat, Cynthia. Your powers are getting as strong as mine." Briar said.

"Sweet." Cynthia said.

"You're a pretty chill girl, Audrey." Peyton complimented.

"Aw, thanks." Audrey replied.

Back in the room, Madison and Valina knock out both narwhals, but Bucklend fires more lasers, knocking them back. Bucklend is about to fire another blast at Madison, who is open, but Valina gets in the way, blocking it with an electricity strike.

"You...saved me." Madison said, surprised.

"You are...welcome, I believe that's how you say that. But look..." Valina said, noticing a weak point on Bucklend's chair.

"Want to try that trick again? I'm ready." Madison offered, as they stood by each other, and powered up their electricity.

"Now what's this?" Bucklend asked.

They release their lightning together, fully in tune, and it strikes into a power core at the back of the chair, overheating it.

"NOOOOOOO!" Bucklend yelled, as his chair goes blasting off like a jet engine through the broken window, and keeps going. 

"Nice work." Madison said, impressed.

"Yes, we finally did it. T-thank...you, yes, thank you." Valina said, smiling.

"MERMIEEEESSS!" Bucklend yelled, as he keeps going flying.

The girls are seen walking away from PosidoniaCorp, no longer in their mermaid forms.

"We made a great team." Cassidy said.

"Yeah, maybe we should do this again sometime." Cynthia said.

"Also, Valina...I'm sorry for being on edge, but you came through in the end." Madison said.

"I admittedly was not sure how to feel about helping you either, but Cassidy convinced me. I'm glad we could get along." Valina said.

"I'm glad we could all get along. It still feels weird befriending elders, but you know what, I don't care." Cynthia said, as they laugh.

Meanwhile, Bucklend is seen awaking in a forest, and his chair is smashed into pieces.

"Ugh...better luck next time." Bucklend sighed, as he looks into his pocket, feeling something.

He pulls out Vastacoar's arm, and notices it grows an elbow.

"Heh, you're growing back buddy, soon, very soon..." Bucklend said, laughing.

As Valina heads back home with Cassidy, the girls approach them.

"Hey, uh, Valina...we made you this." Madison said, giving her a bracelet that is a bunch of bracelets tied together.

"What...is this thing?" Valina asked oddly.

"It's a friendship bracelet, feel free to wear it." Audrey said.

"Oh...thank you. I'm getting a strange feeling in my heart, but I think it's good." Valina said, keeping the friendship bracelet.

They wave goodbye, and walk off.

"I guess some people can change." Madison said, smiling.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Morty, Narwhal Mafia

-Area Debuts: Mafia Meals

-Valina now has glasses.

-It is revealed Bucklend dropped out of the king race, because without Ramos, "it's boring".

-The de-aging of the ex-guardians (minus Mai) put their physical appearances in their late 20's/early 30's. (but they are still 56)

-Second time where none of the knights transform whatsoever. (first being "Framed")

-The Heart can now transform the ex-guardians.

-

Spoiler

Vastacoar will eventually return.

• Like 3

Very good episode! I think the Narwhal Mafia were a fun bunch of characters, and Bucklend is always lulzy. Glad that he dropped out of the race tbh. It was interesting to see the old Guardians teach the new ones a few tricks, but I think what I liked most here was how this episode seemed to be a trust-building one for Val. It was natural that the girls would struggle to trust her again, especially her future daughter-in-law Madison. But, in the end they made a great team and were able to defeat Bucklend. 

• Like 2

I would totally dine at Mafia Meals if I was a crook. The police would never think to look there, especially Chief Wiggum.

This was a good episode, seeing the guardians fighting on their own and Bucklend again. The mafia members' lines are so much funnier when you read them imagining their accent.  

"Heeeey yoooooo!"

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 2

I couldn't resist posting yt vid of WWE wrestler saying "hey yu" :P

but seriously tho, that was great episode with having mermaid team-up with new and old as teamwork, Donald Buck was hilarious tbh. I think that's pretty much to sat :P  Overall, a fun & lulzy episode to read.

Also wow...Donny & Blyde are braindead now.

• Like 1

Note: Read Henry's voice in either Timmy Turner's Dad or Hugh Neutron's voices, might make this very lulzy.

57. I Hate Rotwell

Edward is seen in the Neo Federation base with Colress.

"How has your research on the guardians and knights been going, Colress?" Edward asked, approaching him.

"Average. I have a bare understanding of their personalities. However, what I have is not nearly enough. It is difficult to reach them, as they are in none of my classes. However, there is an opportunity for a...direct approach. Tomorrow night, the school is having a fundraiser at the amusement park. All are welcome. Teachers, students, and parents. An unsuspecting place for any activity by us. I want to lure the heroes into their guardian and knight forms respectively, and analyze them...up close and in person. This will give me more information on what we are dealing with. Their true powers, their personalities...and so much more." Colress explained, walking around.

"Sounds simple, but how will you do it?" Edward inquired.

"Stealthily, of course. We would need people who have blended into the civilian world before, ones who know how to get to them..." Colress stated.

Two feminine laughs are heard, as Morgana and Thorn walk out of the shadows, smiling.

"Not to brag, but we're the most reliable for this plan." Morgana said.

"I do not know enough about you two, but Edward's judgment would be better than mine." Colress replied.

"They have encountered the guardians and knights before, by pretending to be ordinary girls of Posidonia. They would be best for keeping an eye on them. A least, they better, because you two haven't had a real reason for me to keep you here..." Edward said annoyed.

"Oh, don't worry silly, we so promise we'll stick to the plan." Thorn replied.

"Very well then. Ms. Thorn and Ms. Morgana can spy on them at the amusement park with me. When the time comes, we'll capture one guardian and one knight." Colress said.

"Why only one of each?" Morgana asked.

"Attempting to capture all would be foolish. Besides, taking one knight and one guardian allows me to analyze both groups better, with a basis for each." Colress explained.

"Very well crafted plan, Colress. However, the execution is what matters most." Edward said sternly.

"I promise it can deliver, if these two cooperate with me." Colress said.

"We won't be difficult to work with, I promise mister." Morgana reassured.

The next day, Jake, Trent and the girls enter the high school. They notice a large crowd looking at something, and laughing.

"What's going on over there?" Madison asked.

"Ha, Rotwell wrote that your stupid traffic cone is an eyesore in class!" one student said, reading a folder.

"Hey, that's not nice!" Luke replied annoyed, as kids laughed.

"What are those?" Trent asked to Bryan, who is slightly scared of him.

"Uh...oh hey, y-you again. I pr-promise we weren't making fun of you!" Bryan replied nervously, dropping a folder.

"What's his problem?" Trent asked, whispering to the others.

"I guess he's still scared of the time when you...or well, the White Knight, scared him in that fight." Jake recalled.

"Oh..." Trent replied awkwardly.

"Calm yourself Bryan. Anyways, that coo coo Rotwell guy left these student files on his desk, so we took them." Steve explained, reading them.

"This seems wrong." Audrey said.

"But it's so fun, look at Johnny's file! Ha, he is Rotwell's favorite, nerd!" Bryan said, reading Johnny's file.

"Whoa...dudes...here's Trent's girlfriend's..." Gnarly Dewd said, finding Madison's file.

"Don't open that!" Madison said worried, but it's too late.

"What the...Madison Landers, in addition to being a terrible student, pretends to be a magical mermaid?" Steve read in Rotwell's notes.

The students around began to laugh. Madison however, is embarrassed and confused.

"Hey, don't look at that!" Madison said annoyed.

"Haha, wow, it says that when Madison sleeps in class, she has fantasies about fighting crime as a magical mermaid, and protecting a place known as "Karmania"!" Bryan read, laughing with some others.

"Wow, Mrs. Mermaid sure has wild fantasies!" a student said, as Madison keeps feeling embarrassed. 

"Watch out guys, she might use her mermaid magic!" Steve taunted.

"I'm not a mermaid, I don't know what Rotwell is going on about! Sure, I fall asleep, but I don't imagine anything like that!" Madison defended.

"Just ignore them." Cynthia said to Madison.

"Alright, that's enough, you guys should put those away now." Jake said.

"Or what?" Steve asked, as they keep looking through the folders, when Trent approaches the three.

"Or else you go through me." Trent threatened, scaring him, Steve, and Gnarly.

"Run!" Bryan yelled, as the three ran off, dropping the folders.

"Uh oh guys, let's hope Madison doesn't use her mermaid powers on us next!" another student said, laughing, and they walk off.

Rotwell walks by, sipping coffee, when he sees the folders all over.

"Oh dear, did I "accidentally" leave das portfolios on my desk with the door unlocked? Silly me!" Rotwell said, taunting Madison.

He smirked, and heads inside his classroom.

"Wow, what a jerk." Tori said.

"Man, I hate Rotwell! Ever since he found out about my secret, he's been trying dirty ways to expose me." Madison said, annoyed.

"I could suggest to prank him again, but we all know how that backfired last time..." Cynthia said.

"Yeah, no more pranks, but somehow I need to get him to stop bullying me." Madison said.

"Don't worry, we'll be here to help you. I won't let anyone harass you like that." Trent said, trying to cheer her up.

"AAAHHH, HELP! MONSTER!" Rotwell yelled.

Madison immediately charges into the room with the others, seeing Rotwell attacking himself with a monster puppet on his hand. He held a camera in the other hand.

"What are you waiting for?! See how this dreaded monster is attacking me, aaah, ooohh, come on, transform into your mermaid form!" Rotwell demanded.

Madison and the others walked away uncaringly.

"Blasted...but no worries Madison, I will find a way to expose you!" Rotwell said, laughing.

Madison and Jake are seen heading back home after school finishes.

"What an awful Friday so far." Madison said.

"Don't let him get to you, he's a weirdo anyways." Jake reassured.

"I know, but now he's trying to humiliate me in front of others. Now the whole school will think I'm some weirdo." Madison said.

"Eh, who cares what they think. I used to worry about that too, but now I don't." Jake replied.

"I know, it's just...I don't want people to actually believe Rotwell, or they'll find out our secret. I know they think he's crazy, but Rotwell can be sneaky. Remember how he used the last drip of that chemical to reveal my mermaid form?" Madison asked, recalling the ending of "Rotwell Files".

"Good point. I don't know if Rotwell is really capable of revealing our secret at the moment without people seeing him as insane though." Jake replied.

"Fair enough. I just want him off my mind..." Madison said, as the two enter their house.

They gasp upon seeing Rotwell having tea with Henry and Susan. The spider crab and blue jellyfish are seen sitting on the couch watching television.

"Uh..." Madison was saying, at a loss for words.

"Guten tag Madison Landers!" Rotwell greeted, smirking, and drinking tea.

"What's he doing here?" Jake asked, confused.

"Welcome home children! Mr. Rotwell here decided to pay us a surprise parent-teacher conference at our own house! He even made us this splendid tea! How thoughtful!" Henry explained gleefully. 

"W-what!? Why is he doing a parent-teacher conference at our own house?!" Madison asked.

"I wanted to be nice to your dear elterns. I know they did not have the best of impressions after that...teleprompter incident, so I wanted to get to know some parents better..." Rotwell said.

"How did you even know we lived here?" Jake asked.

"When you are the vice principal, you get to know a lot of things...and in hindsight, that sounds somewhat creepy, but I digress! Anyways, they already know about your poor class performance." Rotwell said, annoying Madison.

"I know, you're probably mad, but-" Madison was saying.

"We're not mad. Nobody is perfect. Mr. Rotwell here told us his class is a difficult one to pass. But try to do your best to improve, the school year is ending in two months." Susan said.

"No need for panicking. I know I can be hard on your daughter, but it's because...I want her to do the best, yes! I also want to make it up by taking you all to the school's fundraiser tonight at the amusement park! My treat." Rotwell said, confusing Jake and Madison, but Henry and Susan are excited.

"Ooh, I can't wait to go! I haven't been to an amusement park in...a very long time! I've missed those rides. Ah yes, the screaming, hurling, and delicious food!" Henry reminisced. 

"We agreed to his offer. This will be a fun bonding experience for all of us. Plus, Henry and I haven't been to an amusement park in ages." Susan said to Madison and Jake.

"Yay, I guess..." Madison said unenthusiastically.

"Wunderbar! It's settled, we're all going! We'll meet there by 6 o'clock sharp." Rotwell said.

"Are you taking these cool pets too?" Henry asked, staring at the spider crab and blue jellyfish.

"Alas, no pets are allowed at the park. But they are well-behaved thanks to my strict training, and are very loyal!" Rotwell said.

"Wow, I've never seen pets like these around here. Where did you find them?" Susan asked.

"Adoption! This is Klaus, and this is Gerhard." Rotwell said, pointing to the spider crab and blue jellyfish respectively.

"Fancy names, I remember when I had a pet as a kid...good times." Henry reminisced.

"Speaking of pets, can we please get one...eventually? It's been seventeen years, and neither Jake nor I have had one." Madison asked, trying to change the subject.

"Maybe someday if you improve your grades." Susan said, winking.

"I dunno sweetheart, raising a pet is a big responsibility! But like your mother said, that's a big "someday", which could mean any time in the distant future! But not today, because today we're going to have so much fun at the amusement park!" Henry said cheerfully. 

Jake and Madison stare at the spider crab, and it growls at them back.

"Settle now, Klaus. Be kind to our friends..." Rotwell said, smiling evilly, and petting the spider crab. "Now, I must be going. Auf Wiedersehen!"

Rotwell waves farewell, and walks out of the house, getting into his boatmobile. Klaus and Gerhald get into the backseat, and the boat drives off.

"I really love that guy's funny accent, adds a nice touch to what a cool guy he is! I can't believe we misjudged him for so long!" Henry said.

"Alright, Rotwell is clearly up to something here." Madison said to Jake.

"I know, he might be trying to trick you into revealing yourself at the amusement park, right in front of our parents." Jake said.

"I won't fall for it though. We'll still go since we kind of have to, but we can invite the others for help." Madison said, as the two agreed.

Rotwell is seen driving his boatmobile, and laughing.

"Haha yes, this is my most genius plan yet! I will expose Madison's mermaid form to EVERYONE at the amusement park, even to her own parents! Then, Hans Rotwell will go down in history! Yes, only me, not that dummkopf Kent Brock, who is still rotting in jail like a baby! I have to give him a minuscule of credit though, his chemical did help me figure out her identity, though I had my suspicions for a while, but that confirmed it! However, only I will reveal her mermaid form to Posidonia, and then everyone will see I'm not crazy!" Rotwell rambled, laughing.

Klaus spits out a web from its mouth at Rotwell's hair, as the boat begins to swerve out of control.

"AHH, MY HAIR! What did I say about doing that!? Bad boy!" Rotwell said angrily to Klaus, as it chuckles with Gerhald.

Rotwell's boat then crashes into the back of another boat. The fish gets out angrily, and approaches his window.

"Hey buddy, you think this is funny?!" the fish asked.

"In a twisted way perhaps, but I'm not sure if I'd personally find it "funny" Mr. wise guy, because my beautiful boat is wrecked too! Gah, what a travesty, thanks a lot!" Rotwell replied.

"Well Mr. funny man, how do you like this!?" the fish asked, punching him in the face, as strudel and stars spin around his head.

"Duhh...das strudel must be mine..." Rotwell rambles, and his head falls on the steering wheel.

Later, at the Posidonia Fields Amusement Park, many students, parents and teachers are seen arriving. Colress is waiting by the entrance, looking around. Thorn and Morgana approach him, wearing civilian clothes.

"We're ready." Morgana reported.

"Feel free to enjoy the rides, games, and food. However, watch out for the targets. When an opportunity shows itself, you may strike." Colress ordered.

"Wow, someone who lets us have fun for a mission, that's new." Morgana replied.

"Wow, this place's rides are so cool." Thorn said, looking at the ferris wheel and rollercoaster in the distance.

Henry, Susan, Jake and Madison are seen getting out of a boat.

"This is going to be awesome! I can smell the greatness of this amusement park from right here, and we're still in the parking lot!" Henry said.

Madison and Jake look around, and see Cynthia, Tori, Audrey, Trent, Cameron, Zero, and Nick approach them.

"Wow, maybe it's a good thing we did come, this place looks fun." Audrey said.

"Yeah, but Rotwell is plotting something, so keep a close eye on him." Madison said.

"Speaking of..." Trent said, as Rotwell approaches Henry and Susan, whistling.

"Ah yes, right on cue! Where are your children?" Rotwell asked the two.

"Over there with their friends." Susan said, as Rotwell glares at them.

"I don't understand why that guy invited your parents...does he want friends or something?" Nick asked.

"That wouldn't surprise me, but I think he's just obviously using them to get to Madison." Cynthia said.

"He'll probably try some stupid "a monster is attacking me" prank like he did earlier today. That was one terrible puppet, by the way." Tori said.

"Whatever happens, I won't let him try to reveal you like that, you're my girlfriend." Trent said to Madison, as she blushes.

"Thanks guys. We'll keep in touch, but you can still have fun." Madison said.

"Madison, Jake, come!" Susan yelled, as the two walk over.

"Welcome, the wonderful children of these lovely parents! I'm glad you could spend time with me, I really am..." Rotwell said.

"Sure, let's go." Madison replied.

The five walk off further into the amusement park, and the others approach behind them. Colress greets them at the entrance.

"Welcome everyone to our fundraiser night, have as much fun as possible. I am glad you could come, Hans Rotwell." Colress greeted.

"Uh...yes...who are you again? Oh right, you are that new computer teacher, hi hi, yes!" Rotwell replied.

Colress seemed annoyed, but faked a smile, as they kept walking. He notices how Rotwell is with Jake, Madison, and their parents.

"Now why is Rotwell with them?" Colress wondered.

Thorn and Morgana notice the heroes walking by.

"There those jerks are..." Thorn said annoyed, eating cotton candy.

"Keep a close eye on them." Morgana said.

"Oooh, this ride looks fun!" Henry said, reading a sign saying "ESCALATOR RIDE".

The five step onto an escalator, as it keeps going up, which is all the ride does.

"When do we get to the actual ride?" Jake asked.

"This IS the ride!" Henry yelled.

"YIPPIE!" Rotwell and Henry yell at once, as the escalator slowly moves them up.

"Wow, never thought I'd see Jake and Madison's family chilling with Rotwell. This must be one really messed up dream...are we dreaming?" Nick asked.

"No, but it feels like a really bad dream." Tori replied.

"I've had some crazy dreams. This one time I had a strange dream about Madison, and she was wearing...um...never mind, forget I said anything." Trent said awkwardly.

"...Okay then." Cameron replied.

"There's something not right here. My sensors are detecting Karmanian presences here." Zero said, concerned.

"How are any Karmanians here?" Audrey asked.

"I currently cannot answer that question, but we must investigate. I get the feeling it is not friends of ours." Zero replied.

Thorn and Morgana overhear them from behind a stand.

"Uh oh, looks like they are so onto us." Thorn said.

"Not for long." Morgana said, contacting Edward on a silver device. 

"Yo Ed, we could use some he-" Thorn was saying.

"DON'T CALL ME ED!" Edward replied angrily, making both flinch.

"...Alright, Edward, we could use help. The pests are onto our presence." Morgana explained.

"I shall send a beast to Central Karmania. Hopefully that gets their attention, and it'll divide them up even further." Edward replied, exiting the communication.

"He can scare me sometimes..." Thorn said.

Edward gets up from his chair, and approaches a Neo Federation soldier.

"Send Fury to Central Karmania." Edward ordered.

"Yes sir, but should we tell Colress?" the soldier asked.

"No worries, he is already aware. I had planned to send an ally of ours to help separate them." Edward replied.

Colress walks around, trying to find the heroes.

"Edward has sent his ally to help divide them." Colress said to himself, when Johnny approaches him.

"Hello Mr. Colress, I am enjoying this place a lot! How did I do on the recent quiz?" Johnny asked.

"I have yet to grade them, but I am sure it was good, as you are one of my best students Johnny." Colress replied confidently.

"Oh boy, I sure hope so! See you later, I'm going to win the ring toss game!" Johnny said, running off.

"Smart child, but I do not want to be distracted from my mission. Yes, there they are..." Colress said, seeing Madison, Jake, Rotwell, Henry and Susan walk out of the Escalator Ride.

"That was kind of lame." Madison said to Jake.

"Kind of?" Jake asked.

"Alright gang, where to next?" Henry asked cheerfully.

"How about the rollercoaster?" Susan asked.

"Yes, of course! But er...I have a fear of those, so you can go without me!" Rotwell said ominously, as Trent meets up with them.

"Oh, uh hey. Can I go on this too?" Trent offered.

"Of course!" Madison replied immediately, as the five get on the "Bubble Blaster" ride. The rollercoaster goes off.

"I'VE NEVER FELT SUCH A RUSH OF EXCITEMENT!" Henry yelled, as it twirls around.

"I'm getting dizzy..." Susan said.

Madison stares into Trent's eyes, as both blush. They lean over to kiss each other, when Henry puts his head in-between them, and they stop.

"Hey groovy kids, check out those fireworks!" Henry said, as they see fireworks in the sky.

"Hooray..." Madison said, annoyed their kiss was interrupted.

As the rollercoaster keeps going, Colress approaches the other heroes.

"Hello there, students and friends." Colress greeted.

"Sup." Tori replied.

"Lovely night, is it not?" Colress inquired.

"I guess it is, sure." Cynthia replied.

"I've heard you are a computer teacher at their school. Pleased to meet you, I am Professor Zero." Zero introduced.

"Ah yes, I have heard much of your work. Perhaps we can become acquainted better in the future..." Colress replied.

"We could talk right now. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on..." Zero was saying, when he gets a communication. "My apologies. Hold on, I have a call to take."

"No apologies needed. Take your call, it could be important." Colress replied, as Zero walks off.

Colress walks off in the opposite direction.

"He's so mysterious." Cynthia said.

"Yes, I see..." Zero replied, and the communication ended.

"What is it, doc?" Nick asked.

"It appears a monster is attacking Central Karmania near Rainbow Forest." Zero explained to Cameron, Nick, and the girls.

"Right now? Odd timing..." Audrey wondered.

"We'll handle it." Cameron said, as Jake, Trent and Madison approach them.

"How was the rollercoaster?" Tori asked.

"Meh." Madison replied.

"We have an issue, some weirdo is attacking Central Karmania...again." Nick said.

"I'll go with you, if it gets me away from Rotwell." Jake said.

"Speaking of, where is he?" Audrey asked.

"I don't think I want to know." Madison replied.

"I'm not sure, but our parents are busy looking at merchandise." Jake said.

Henry and Susan look at merchandise inside a store.

"Ooh, I LOVE this watch!" Henry said, seeing a gold one. "I'll take it!"

"This purse is pretty nice." Susan said, seeing a blue one.

"Can I please go with you guys?" Madison asked.

"I know this will upset you, but you should probably stay here. If both of us vanished, they'd get suspicious." Jake said.

"He has a point. Don't be sad though, maybe we could spend some time together." Trent offered Madison.

"Like a date? Sure then." Madison replied.

"Earlier I also discovered there is Karmanian presences at this amusement park. Sounds like another possible enemy is lurking here." Zero said.

"Could it be the enemy in Karmania right now?" Trent asked.

"No. I am still picking up the presences here." Zero replied.

"Whatever it is, I'll open a portal for you." Madison said.

"No need to waste your jewelry's power, my girlfriend can open us a portal, she'll listen to me." Nick said.

"...He has a girlfriend?" Trent asked, surprised.

"It's fine Nick, trust me, it's just one portal." Madison replied.

"I know..." Nick sighed.

The knights and Madison go behind a building, out of sight from the rest of the amusement park, as Madison opens the portal. 

"If they ask where I am, just say I went to help a friend, or think of something else creative." Jake said to Madison, as the knights go through the portal.

Thorn and Morgana are seen walking by, who overheard the earlier conversation.

"The prey has fallen right into the trap. Now to lure the others into our web..." Morgana said, smiling.

Susan and Henry then exit out of the store with their merchandise.

"Jake, Madison, Mr. Rotwell! Where are you?" Henry asked.

"You three can do whatever, but don't wander too far off." Madison said to Cynthia, Audrey, and Tori.

"Sure thing. This place might have nice clothes, let's go shopping!" Cynthia said, as they head for a store.

Madison and Trent approach Henry and Susan.

"Jake had to go help a friend with things. But don't worry, my boyfriend will be joining us!" Madison said, wrapping her hand around Trent's shoulder.

"I hope Jake comes back soon, but teenage romance warms my heart! I remember when I was in love..." Henry reminisced.

"Well, until Hans returns, where should we go?" Susan asked.

"How about letting Madison decide?" Henry suggested.

"Uh...we could go to the Barnacle Bumpers over there." Madison said, pointing to it.

"Sure thing darling!" Henry said, as they head off.

"AAHHH, HELP, MONSTERS!" a voice yelled.

"That doesn't sound like Rotwell, I think someone is actually in trouble!" Trent said.

Madison and Trent walk around, and they hear the voice coming from in-between two buildings. Colress, Thorn and Morgana regroup, and see them running off.

"Should we attack now?" Thorn asked.

"No. Let us see what the problem is first." Colress said patiently.

Trent and Madison walk through the area, looking around. Thorn and Morgana stand against the left building corner to overhear what happens without being seen. Something shoots a web at Madison and Trent from out of the shadows, and they hear growling.

"Alright, this is definitely real!" Madison said, trying to rip it off.

She then uses the heart to transform herself. Trent also powers up. Madison shines her heart at the shadows, revealing the creature is Klaus. It is startled, and runs off.

"Wait...Rotwell's pet? What's it doing here?" Madison asked, concerned.

"Hahaha, you fell right into my genius plan!" Rotwell said, clapping, and stepping out of the shadows.

He holds his camera in one hand, and is holding a tape recorder in the other. He presses a button on the tape recorder, which says "AAHHH, HELP, MONSTERS!".

"I deceived you with this false tape recording, and now I finally have your transformation on camera!" Rotwell said, holding the camera out.

"Yeah...too bad you left the lens cap on." Trent pointed out, as Rotwell looks.

"What? NOO, I WAS SO CLOSE!" Rotwell cried, as Madison and Trent turn back to normal.

"Nice try jerk, I knew you were using my parents to get to me!" Madison said.

"What will you do about it, hmm? Silly girl, you cannot tell your parents why I am doing this..." Rotwell noted.

"Whatever." Madison shrugged.

"Let's just go. Leave her alone, weirdo." Trent warn, as the two walk off.

Thorn and Morgana keep standing against the building, not paying attention to the two.

"Let's hope my parents aren't mad." Madison said, as she heads off to the Barnacle Bumpers ride with Trent.

Thorn and Morgana report what happened to Colress.

"Interesting. It appears that Hans knows of their secret to an extent, and is trying to get closer to them as well. This is the moment we've been waiting for. Let's use this to our advantage." Colress said.

Rotwell is seen in the area annoyed.

"Blasted photoapparat, I thought I had the cap off! At least I have five other back-up plans..." Rotwell said annoyed.

He then hears Thorn and Morgana's laughing, who stand on the right building's roof, looking down below at him.

"...Hello?" Rotwell asked, getting up.

Thorn and Morgana jump down, transforming into their Karmanian beast forms. Morgana shoots several webs, and Thorn severals several acidic blasts. They hit his camera and tape recorder, melting them.

"No, my beloved camera! W-what are you hideous creatures!?" Rotwell asked, stepping back. 

"You so did not just call me hideous, freak!" Thorn replied angrily, shooting another acidic blast, as he barely dodges, and it burns into the wall.

Rotwell runs off, as Morgana shoots a spider web at his legs, dragging him down.

"No, no...HELP! I MEAN IT, HELP ME!" Rotwell yells in the distance.

As Madison and Trent approach the ride, they hear the yelling.

"Is that Rotwell?" Trent asked.

"Yeah, I'm not falling for it a third time." Madison replied, shrugging.

Cynthia, Tori and Audrey walk out of the clothes store with bags, and they hear Rotwell's yelling.

"What's that obnoxious sound?" Cynthia asked.

The three take a peak, seeing Rotwell wrapped up in a web by Morgana, covering his body and mouth.

"Thorn and Morgana? We haven't seen them in a while." Audrey said, surprised.

"Let's find Madison." Tori said.

Near Rainbow Forest, an eagle beast with gold armor is seen flying around, attacking several Karmanians and pixie creatures, and scaring them away. The knights appear.

"Stop right there!" Jake yelled.

"What are we dealing with?" Cameron asked.

"A scary giant bird thing." Nick said.

"There you are, I've been expecting you! I am Fury, prepare to suffer by the pain of my claws!" Fury said, extending his talons on his feet and hands.

He flies forward, as the four transform into their knight forms, and barely avoid the strikes. 

"Why are you attacking here?" Cameron asked.

"I dunno, I'm bored!" Fury replied.

"You're lying." Cameron replied, as Fury strikes him with the talons, but Cameron strikes back with his sword.

"Well aren't you smart, but I ain't tellin' why!" Fury replied, as he flies up and strikes at Zero.

Zero sends several shocks back at Fury, making him growl. Nick then casts a spell, and his stone sends a green blast right into Fury, knocking him down. He flies back up into the air, and goes flying down at Cameron, pointing his talons at him.

"Cameron, watch out!" Zero warned.

Cameron activates his stone's shield, as Fury's talons go smashing apart into it.

"...Ouch." Fury said awkwardly, and surprised.

Zero then sends another electricity blast at Fury, knocking him into a tree. Zero flashes his scanner, judging Fury. It marks him as "Guilty".

"No! I swear, I was just goofin'!" Fury pleaded.

Nick sends a green magical blast from his stone at the containment unit, sending it at Fury, and imprisoning him.

"Why...why..." Fury cried.

"Huh. That was easy." Jake said, surprised.

"Indeed, just as intended. I presume whoever they are working for wanted to separate us from the amusement park." Zero theorized.

"Yup, let's get back fast." Cameron said, as they run off.

Back at the amusement park, Madison and Trent waited in line at the Barnacle Bumpers, getting bored. They see Henry and Susan driving their bumper cars around. Henry sees them and waves.

"You guys are missing out, but I promise we'll save a round for you!" Henry echoed at them.

Cynthia, Tori and Audrey approach the two, telling them what happened.

"...Thorn and Morgana?! Great, the one time Rotwell is in danger...fine, let's go." Madison said annoyed, as they run off.

They run into the area, seeing Rotwell still tied up, hanging from a pipe. He lets out a mumble, as Thorn and Morgana appear out of the shadows.

"It's been a while..." Thorn said.

"Yeah, where were you two weirdos?" Cynthia asked.

"We went into hiding. We tried to rejoin that king, but he got too...weird for us, so we bailed." Morgana said.

"He acted so creepy..." Thorn said.

"I don't know what you're up to, but it stops now!" Madison said, transforming the girls, and Trent powers up.

They send attacks at each other. Morgana launches several dark blasts from her mouth, and as Cynthia dodges, she shoots out a web. Cynthia levitates a trash can, throwing it at the web, and at Morgana. Thorn shoots several acidic blasts, but Trent fires multiple laser arrows, knocking her back.

"Ow, you hit my nails, jerk!" Thorn said.

Suddenly, a smoke bomb is thrown into the area, confusing everyone. Colress approaches from behind, wearing a cyber mask, cyber armor, and odd metal backpack. The backpack extends out two arms, and they let out stun blasts at Madison's back and Trent's knight stone. Both fall to the ground, knocked out.

"What's going on? Who is there?" Audrey asked, trying to blow the smoke away.

As soon as she does, they see Madison, Trent, Thorn, and Morgana are gone.

"Uh oh." Cynthia said.

Henry and Susan get off the Barnacle Bumpers ride, looking for Madison and Trent.

"Now where did those two go?" Henry asked.

"They are a teenage couple, maybe they're having some fun of their own." Susan said.

"Ooh, I getcha...I think. Maybe, I'm actually not sure if we're on the same page here..." Henry wondered.

"Never mind...maybe they just went on a ride of their own. But where is Hans? Something is definitely strange here." Susan wondered.

Trent and Madison are seen waking up on two metal tables, still in their forms. Rotwell is seen still tied up, off to the side. A light turns on, as Colress stands in front of them, but still wearing his cyber mask, so they cannot see his face. Thorn and Morgana are shown with several Neo Federation soldiers.

"Who are you people?" Trent asked.

"Unimportant. I know you two, however. Madison Landers and Trent Mullan. You are a couple that attends Posidonia Fields High School." Colress spoke in a distorted voice.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Madison asked, confused.

"I love Madison and all, but yeah, we don't need a weirdo telling us! Let us go!" Trent demanded, trying to break free from the straps.

Madison is happy upon hearing Trent loves her, but is worried about their situation.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that. I admire your strength however. You two are keys in my research." Colress spoke.

His backpack extended the metal hands, as they grab onto the heart and Trent's knight stone.

"The Heart of Karmania and a knight stone. Fascinating objects. Yes...I see." Colress said, as the hand analyze the objects, and he reads the results on a tablet he is holding. 

"What is going on here...is this mystery man trying to steal my research?! Not on my watch!" Rotwell spoke in his mind, as he flailed around.

"Alright, you got the information, can we go now?" Madison asked, trying to move her arms.

"No, you're staying with your boyfriend, sorry sweetheart." Thorn taunted.

"Now then, let me get a closer look at this...jewelry, of yours, Mrs. Landers." Colress said, taking the heart.

He examines it in curiosity. Rotwell keeps flailing around in his wrapped up body. He then goes rolling across the floor, and knocks a soldier over.

"Stop!" Morgana yelled, as she crawls to him, but Rotwell rolls into Colress, knocking him down, and dropping the heart.

Rotwell hops around, barely getting up, and presses a button on a table with his head, releasing Madison and Trent.

"Wow...he actually helped us." Trent said, surprised, as Rotwell kept mumbling annoyed.

Trent cuts open his webs, as Rotwell is relieved.

"Danke! Now, let's get out of this nuthouse, I promise I won't trick you!" Rotwell begged, as the Neo Federation soldiers pointed their laser guns at them. Thorn and Morgana also readied attacks in their beast forms, as Colress gets up.

"I guess we don't have a choice here..." Madison said.

Madison shoots several lightning blasts at the soldiers, knocking them down and exploding their guns. Trent fired his laser arrows, sending them at Thorn and Morgana. A soldier is about to attack Madison from behind, but Trent punches them in the face, knocking them down. 

"Ow..." the soldier groaned, as their black mouth-mask and hat fall off. 

Morgana jumps up at Madison, as she avoids several web blasts, and fires an electricity ball at her. Suddenly, the roof shakes, as a hole is opened in it. Cynthia, Tori and Audrey fly down, surprised.

"Wow, I was right." Audrey said, surprised.

"Guys! How did you know we were here?" Madison asked.

"I used my enhanced hearing, and heard fighting from this abandoned warehouse close to the amusement park." Audrey said, sending a tornado gust at Thorn, knocking her down.

"It's not exactly abandoned anymore, as these creeps are using it." Trent said, knocking another soldier down.

Colress watches, not attempting to fight.

"More mermaids..." Rotwell said, surprised, and avoids attacks. "Watch the hair, you scoundrels!"

"Hey, only I complain about hair!" Cynthia said, levitating several crates, tossing them at Thorn and Morgana.

"Alright, let's get out of here. My parents are probably worried." Madison said.

The girls fly out of the hole, as Trent and Rotwell go through an exit door.

"Sir, let's go after them!" a soldier said.

"No. Let them go. Stand down." Colress ordered.

"Why? We had them in our grasps!" Morgana questioned.

"I have the information I need. Besides, it's best to not draw any further attention to this area." Colress said, taking off his cyber mask.

The heroes and Rotwell are seen back at the amusement park, back to normal, faraway from the warehouse. It was close to the amusement park. They all power down.

"Everyone, I am...s-sor...sorry, yes, that is how you say it. I didn't intend for these shenanigans to happen. Please don't vaporize me!" Rotwell apologized.

"We won't. I'm still mad how about how you treat me, but if you really want to be friends with my parents, go ahead." Madison said.

"Yeah, you may really need some friends." Tori said smugly.

"HAHAHA, oh, did you really think I want to be friends with those weirdo parents of yours?! I just used them to get closer to you, silly! Besides, they are your parents, not mine! But...their daughter did save my life, even after how rude I was to you. I can go on one more ride with them." Rotwell said.

"I almost didn't help you, until they convinced me. But...you're welcome? Maybe if you stop being so mean to me in class, we could get along, and someday...I could explain to you what we really are." Madison said.

"You know, you have been getting better in class lately, I've just been a jerk and intentionally failing you. But after this night, I have a different view of you, Madison. However, I'll still find a way to expose you...someday! Until then, toodles!" Rotwell vowed, as he runs off.

"Weirdo." Cynthia said.

"Eh, at least we're kind of on a mutual level now. Now then Trent, with no interruptions..." Madison was saying.

They begin to make out, as the other knights walk out from behind the building.

"Hey guys, uh...I see we came back at an awkward time." Jake said, as they keep making out.

"Let's say everything worked out a-okay." Tori said.

"Ahem...Madison, are you going to close that portal?" Cameron asked, as Madison tosses the heart into Cameron's hands, and keeps kissing Trent. "Never mind."

"Anyways...I am concerned about these new enemies. They must be the ones who sent Wiz and Fury." Zero theorized.

"I don't know who they were, but Thorn and Morgana are with them, and the soldiers have stupid outfits." Cynthia said.

Henry and Susan walk by, as Madison is surprised, and stops making out with Trent. Trent has kiss marks all over his face.

"Hey...did you see Rotwell?" Madison asked.

"Yup, he did one last round of Barnacle Bumpers with us and left." Henry said sadly.

"We can go on one last ride if you want." Madison offered.

"Sure thing." Susan replied happily.

"I wonder what Hans is doing now." Henry wondered.

Rotwell is shown on the Escalator Ride again.

"YAAAY!" he yells happily.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Fury

-Area Debuts: Posidonia Fields Amusement Park

-Bryan is still scared of Trent after how the White Knight fought him in "Zero Memory".

-Kent is still in jail according to Rotwell.

-Valina and Trent's last names are revealed to be Mullan.

-Rotwell named the spider crab and big blue jellyfish from Season 2 "Klaus" and "Gerhard" respectively.

-It is revealed Thorn and Morgana met up with the Neo Federation sometime after their escape in "Magnum Opus". They tried to rejoin Ramos, but found him "too weird" and quit before "Legal Trap".

• Like 4

Nice episode. Reading Henry's voice as Timmy's dad made his character 100% more engaging, haha xD. This episode had a number of funny moments, including Trent almost describing the wet dream he had about Mads xP.

• Like 3

Damn, nice seeing Trent & Maddie has become couple well ok maybe for me :P

Anyways, this is very intense of Rot actually saved them, and Contress is far worse than him at least, so there hasn't been much to say except reading Harry's voice as Timmy's dad xDDD

• Like 2

58. Girls Night Out

Many students are seen entering the Posidonia Fields High School. Cynthia walks off from the group, and meets with Elana. The two are seen talking to each other by a tree.

"Do you have any plans after school?" Elana asked.

"Not really, we could hang out if you want." Cynthia replied.

"Sure thing! But uh...what should we do?" Elana asked.

"We can figure that out later." Cynthia replied, as they are about to head inside, when Roxy approaches them.

"Hi guys!" Roxy greeted.

"Oh...hey." Elana replied, as Cynthia and Elana look at her awkwardly. 

"It's been a while since we've spent time together. If you two want to hang out with me sometime, let me know." Roxy suggested.

"Of course, we can chill after-school, just us three. We haven't done that in a while. We'll have a girls night out!" Cynthia replied.

"Great, see you soon then!" Roxy replied, as she heads off.

"I feel bad for ditching Roxy recently, she was one of our first friends." Elana said, sighing.

"I know, but she can't find out about our secrets." Cynthia replied.

"Yeah, it's why I feel bad, especially since I'm moving away soon. I'll have to say goodbye to her..." Elana said.

"We can worry about that in due time, let's just stay positive for now." Cynthia reassured, as the two head inside with the others.

Meanwhile, at the Neo Federation base, a mysterious figure approaches Edward, who is sitting at his chair. The figure wears a black cyber armor resembling Zurtrax. 

"Glad you could come. You were the most easily accessible hunter I could get in touch with. I am going to need your help in dealing with the threats. For a new Federation, we need all the help we can get." Edward greeted.

"Who is this?" a soldier asked.

The stranger's visor on their black helmet lifts up, showing a shark's face, with scars on both eyes.

"I am 5. With my skill, there is nobody that can run from me, Karmanian or not." 5 said darkly, clenching his fists.

"He is one of the Federation Hunters, a group of elite warriors trained to hunt down Karmanian creatures and Federation enemies. General Zurtrax used to be the number one of this group, but he has perished, leaving the others trying to climb up the ladder to his position. Our chief scientist here, Colress, has an idea involving you." Edward explained, as Colress walks toward them, who is reading a scanner.

"Indeed I do. I would like you to visit the old rebel base: the Underground City. They may have some interesting...artifacts left behind there." Colress said, handing 5 the scanner, which has the location of the Underground City.

"What will going to that old dusty place do?" Thorn asked.

"Going to their old central base may seem redundant, but I believe it can tell us more than meets the eye. Key details such as where they may have relocated, and what other ancient secrets they left buried down there." Colress explained.

"Using my keen senses, I'll sniff out the area. It could help me find where they ran off to like the cowards they are. I promise I will not fail you, lord Edward. In fact, I can lure some of the prey out of hiding..." 5 promised, and walks off.

Cynthia, Elana and Roxy are seen in Cynthia's room, listening to music.

"This new Boys Who Cry song is pretty sweet." Roxy said, impressed.

"Yeah, I've missed listening to music. Too bad we won't be listening to this music together for much longer..." Elana said sadly.

"I can't believe you're moving away. Hopefully you can keep in touch though." Roxy replied.

"I'll...try. At least we have time until that happens, we've got about two months." Elana replied awkwardly.

"Yeah, so let's make the best of this short time. What else do you want to do?" Roxy asked.

"We could get some food, I'm feeling pretty hungry." Cynthia replied.

"Sure thing!" Roxy replied, as they later are seen at the Golden Seahorse.

"Hey girls!" Audrey greeted them at the entrance.

"Hey, we're just there to chill and eat, you know. Get us the best seats in the house!" Cynthia replied.

Cynthia, Elana and Roxy are seen eating delicious food at a booth with Madison, Audrey and Tori.

"It feels great to relax with all of you again." Elana said, delighted.

"Yeah, especially after your ridiculously long "vacation", and then your "flu"." Tori said.

"Haha, yeah, hopefully another extended break doesn't happen before the end of Junior year." Elana replied.

"Yeah, you don't want to miss out on the rest of this year. I'm just disappointed you won't be able to spend Senior year with us..." Roxy said.

"Who knows, maybe I can still try to...uh, visit again sometime after the move. I won't forget about you guys." Elana promised.

"Yeah, it's not like you're moving faraway or anything...well, depending on your definition of faraway." Madison said awkwardly.

"Anyways, I feel bad for my dad, he has so many customers to deal with today..." Audrey noted, trying to change the subject, seeing her dad struggling to deal with multiple tables.

"Can I get some extra salt?" a customer asked Audrey's dad.

"We're all out." Audrey's dad replied unhappily.

"Can you check?" the customer asked.

"...No." Audrey's dad replied, as the customer walks away angrily.

Audrey's dad then bumps into Bubble Bass.

"I'll take a double triple bossy deluxe, on a raft, four by four animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease, make it cry, burn it, and let it swim." Bubble Bass demanded.

Audrey's dad looked at him in confusion.

"I need a break." Audrey's dad said, sighing, and walks off.

"At least we got here early before those wild animals arrived." Cynthia said, finishing her food.

"What do you girls want to do from here?" Roxy asked.

"We could watch a movie-" Tori suggested, when Mai approaches the table.

"Hello girls. I hope you enjoyed your food, however, I need you five for a moment. Sorry to their friend." Mai said to Roxy.

"It's okay, take your time." Roxy replied, as the girls follow Mai into another room.

"What is it?" Madison asked.

"We have a major problem, and we need to have a group meeting due to it." Ranen said, appearing with Jake, Trent, Cameron, Zero and Nick.

"Karmania related?" Elana asked.

"You bet." Mai replied.

"I don't want to ditch Roxy again, but duty calls." Elana said, sighing.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you can find a way to spend time with her again before you have to "go"." Madison said.

"We'll see, hopefully." Elana said.

"Madison, open a portal to Karmania. I'd tell you here, but there's too many around." Ranen said, as they head outside, but Cynthia and Elana approach Roxy.

"Hey uh, we have a major problem. It turns out Audrey's mother broke her leg, and we have to go help her. Sorry." Cynthia improvised.

"That's horrible, I can help!" Roxy offered.

"No, it's fine, we have it handled. But yeah, we have to go now, sorry. We can try hanging out again another time." Cynthia replied.

"Well, it was nice while it lasted, see you girls." Roxy said, leaving, and waving bye to them.

"I feel bad, but...it has to be done." Elana said, as they regroup with the others outside of the Golden Seahorse, in the back.

The heroes are all later seen in the Hidden Kingdom, standing in front of the communication device.

"We have received concerning intel from the mysterious "Agent"." Ranen said, turning it on.

"Oh yeah, that guy...or girl...or whatever. I wonder who it is." Nick pondered.

"This is the message "Agent" sent us earlier." Ranen said, replaying it.

"Agent reporting. Codeword: The shining water of Posidonia. I have most unfortunate news. There is a new enemy lurking, named the Neo Federation. They have split from the main Federation system, and formed their own to annihilate you all. As I speak, they have sent a skilled hunter to the Underground City, your former rebel base. I do not know why, but...it may be worth investigating. Agent out." "Agent" spoke, as the transmission ended.

"I thought we were done fighting with those creeps." Tori said disappointed.

"I figured the Federation weren't done for permanently, but why would they go to a base we don't use anymore?" Cameron wondered.

"Also, how do they know all of this?" Trent asked.

"They could be a mole, perhaps someone in or close to the Federation to know what this new group is doing. Whoever it is, their intelligence has never been wrong. Seems like we should investigate whoever is in our old base." Ranen said.

"Is there anything there even left for them to find?" Audrey asked.

"No, but perhaps they are investigating it to trace where we've relocated. Regardless, since someone working for this group is there, we should investigate." Ranen said.

"You know, I haven't really fought any enemies lately, so how about I go?" Elana asked.

"While we're at it, how about Elana and I go investigate together? We do deserve our girls night out." Cynthia suggested.

"I suppose, if everyone else is okay with it." Ranen replied.

"Sure, why not." Jake replied.

"Yeah, go for it." Tori replied.

"I am not against this decision, but will Queen Elana be safe with just her and Cynthia?" Zero inquired.

"She'll be fine. The army, Vince, and Mariette have been helping control her powers better with training." Ranen replied.

"Yeah, no need to worry guys, with both our powers combined, we can send whoever this creep is running. I'm one of her best friends, and would never let get hurt." Cynthia said. 

"In fact Elana, I want you to have this." Ranen said, handing her a special platinum sword.

"I'm flattered, but...why? I can control my light powers fine, not that I'm against it, I mean, it's an awesome sword, but I don't know if I should have it..." Elana replied confused.

"Heh, you sound like me in one of my odd tangents of pondering." Nick said.

"I remember when that weird Tom guy gave us swords once when we lost our powers. Don't question it, keep it." Tori said, jealous.

"You deserve it, majesty. That is an old sword, created by my father, and passed down to me. In case things get difficult, it can channel your powers, and be helpful for close combat. I thought it'd be a nice bonus gift from me for your work in restoring Central Karmania." Ranen replied.

"Wow, thanks Ranen, I can keep it since it is pretty cool. I just hope I can use it well." Elana said.

"Plus, the queen should get her own sword...right? Is there anything wrong with that?" Nick asked.

"No, I've just never really used a weapon before, so I'm surprised, but hey..." Elana replied, giggling, and holding onto it.

"If I were the queen, I'd want an awesome sword like that. Alright, now that's settled, let's go!" Cynthia said.

Madison transforms Cynthia with the heart, as Ranen opens the Hidden Kingdom entrance. Cynthia and Elana are seen headed to the Silent Hills together. Elana swings her sword around, checking it out.

"If my powers ever go haywire on me, this could be a helpful alternative. Plus, I've always admired the sword fighting skills of the knights and army, maybe they can teach me how to use it better in the future." Elana said, staring at the aqua gem in the center of the sword handle.

However, Cynthia couldn't help but notice that something is still bothering Elana.

"Is something still wrong?" Cynthia asked.

"Yeah...it's Roxy. It just feels unfair that I'll still be able to keep in touch with you guys, but not her. At least this trip can help me get my mind off of her." Elana said.

"Maybe you two can still find a way to keep in touch without her having to know the whole "queen of a magical world" thing, somehow..." Cynthia reassured.

"We'll see, let's just focus on this mission for now. I'm glad I have you to make me feel better, we're best friends for a reason. I like Roxy and all, but I don't know if I was ever as close with her." Elana said, smiling at Cynthia, and she smiles back.

"Roxy has a few other friends, I don't think she'll be lonely, if that helps any." Cynthia replied, as they reach the destroyed entrance of the Underground City, and the large cracks are still in the ground. Cynthia floats to the entrance.

"Sometimes I wish I could have mermaid forms like you girls, would make traveling A LOT easier. It kind of makes me feel inferior sometimes..." Elana said, as she walks to the entrance.

"Hey, you don't need to be like us to be awesome, you're awesome on your own. Don't be so negative, you're the Queen of Central Karmania." Cynthia said, cheering her up.

"You're right, I need to stop worrying about everything. I'm glad I have you." Elana replied, as they head down into the Underground City.

From behind, a floating black robot ball with a red eye is seen watching the two...

Cynthia and Elana reach the end of the crumbling stairs, and see the debris of the base. 

"I still can't believe this place got utterly trashed." Elana said, as they search around. Elana looks at some of the shining crystals on the ceiling, walls, and floor. 

"Yeah, blame Ramos and that stupid dragon. At least our new kingdom is impossible to find, and ten times better than this old place." Cynthia said.

"Where should we look first?" Elana asked.

"I'm not sure, this place is so large that the enemy could be anywhere. I guess we could start at...the armory." Cynthia said, seeing the building.

"Why there?" Elana asked.

"It was the first place I saw." Cynthia deadpanned.

"Fair enough." Elana replied, as they head inside the abandoned armory building. 

Elana uses her hand to light up the area, as they search around. Outside, the floating robot stares at the building with its red eye ominously. 

"I see no weird enemies or any other clues of importance, let's move out." Cynthia said, as Elana nodded.

The two exit, as the robot floats off, avoiding their sight. They keep traveling, and make their way to the abandoned prison. Cynthia pushes down the door with her mermaid tail, and they search around. They look through the creepy cells, and reach the end. They go into Rorrim's former cell, and find nothing.

"This place gives me the creeps. Good thing they moved all the prisoners to the Hidden Kingdom. I hear those prisoners are some of the most deadliest Karmanian beasts, imagine if someone had released them..." Elana said.

"Yeah, good thing. But still no enemy. I hope this mysterious "Agent" isn't pranking us. Although, there is one more area we can look at...follow me." Cynthia said, as they leave the old prison.

The robot watches them again from the shadows, as a thin figure in black cyber armor similar to 5 appears. 

"The Queen and a guardian. Excellent work, my lovely pet." the figure spoke in a distorted feminine voice under their helmet, and pets the robot. 

Cynthia and Elana approach the abandoned trail, and see more rocks had fallen since their last visit. However, a multitude of slashes had been sent through the rock avalanche, making an entrance. Cynthia moves the rest of the rocks, and the two walk through the tunnel. They reach the pit where the heroes all went down to face Ramos before. Cynthia and Elana look at each other, nodding. Elana is seen being carried down by Cynthia, as they reach the bottom.

"Thanks, Cynth." Elana replied, and used her powers to light up the area. 

They head to the ancient chamber, as it looks the same as it did before. They look at the creepy monster carvings across the walls. Elana stops, and gasps when she sees one of them resembling The Beast.

"This carving...I've...seen this monster before." Elana realized.

"Where?" Cynthia asked.

"In the castle, there is a room showing glass paintings of my family's greatest accomplishments in history. One of the windows showed my mother, Meritel, fighting a creature just like this..." Elana recalled.

A flashback shows Elana looking at the window paintings with Vince, Mariette and two guards. She sees one of Meritel striking The Beast off a cliff with a powerful light blast from both of her hands. The Beast looks at her in horror, and he is wearing an ancient battle armor in the painting.

"I asked them who that creature was, but they weren't really sure. All they knew is that it was some ancient evil my mother defeated, but the remaining details were somewhat lost to history." Elana explained.

"Interesting, maybe someday you'll be as powerful as her. I don't want to get too touchy here, but...do you know what happened to your real parents?" Cynthia asked.

"I'm sadly not sure. That Brak guy, who is the brother of Ramos, said a while ago he knew what happened to them, but I don't know if he was just messing with me. Even if he was telling the truth, he is long gone." Elana said regrettably.

"If you never see them again, at least you have Vince and Mariette." Cynthia said.

"Yeah, even if they aren't my true parents, I'll still love them. I'm not mad at them for lying to me, they just wanted to keep me safe. Still, I hope my real parents are out there somewhere..." Elana wondered.

"Nobody seems to know for sure, so they might still be out there. I just wonder what happened to that Brak creep..." Cynthia wondered, as the two look around the chamber.

Elana approaches the back of the chamber, and looks at the center of the mysterious circle where Ramos disappeared.

"Um...what is this?" Elana asked, shining her light over the center, and seeing Beast's middle finger.

"Ew...it's a finger. But how did that get here? That wasn't here when we fought that psycho king last time..." Cynthia wondered.

"Is it bait?" Elana wondered.

"I don't know...there's still no sign of any bad guy...unless this finger is the bad guy." Cynthia said.

Elana carefully picks it up, when it suddenly vanishes right before their eyes.

"...What a twist?" Cynthia deadpanned.

"Okay, really? Something's not right here..." Elana said annoyed.

A purple essence is seen going into the stone on Elana's crown. An image of the finger briefly appears, and it vanishes...

"Well that was pointless. I guess maybe there really is nothing here, other than a vanishing finger. Sorry this wasted your royal time." Cynthia apologized.

"No...there is someone here. I can sense it..." Elana said nervously.

Suddenly, a red electric blast is shot at both of them. The floating robot appears out of the shadows, which is shooting the electricity at them. The hunter from earlier steps out of the shadows, and laughs.

"W-who are you!?" Cynthia asked, trying to break free from the electricity.

"My robot pet followed your trail." the hunter spoke in their distorted voice.

Cynthia smashes her fist into the ground, making rocks shoot at the robot, releasing the two. Elana shoots a light blast at the hunter, but she quickly jumps up behind them. Suddenly, 5 appears out of the shadows from behind, who pulls out a black sword handle. He ignites it, and it shoots red lasers from both sides. He is about to attack the two from behind.

"Behind us!" Elana yelled, as both attacked 5, but he slashes through the attacks with the double-bladed laser sword.

However, 5 stops attacking when he sees the other hunter, surprising both.

"Great, two of these weirdos?" Cynthia asked annoyed.

"...7? What are you doing here? Only I was assigned this mission..." 5 questioned annoyed, and rose up his visor. 

"My robot scouted the area and saw these two girls head here. I didn't know you were on a mission, but you must've been failing if it took you this long." 7 taunted, and her visor rose up, showing the face of a green fish.

"Silence. I have a keen sense of smell and hearing. I was exploring the abandoned tunnels, when I heard their voices down below. They will be my bounty." 5 said.

"Sorry sweetheart, you should've used those "keen senses" sooner. If you want any chance of rising up to number one, you should be faster and smarter, like me." 7 bragged, as 5 growls.

"I don't know what you two are bickering about, but since both of you are trying to attack us..." Elana said, firing light blasts from both hands at the two.

7 pulls out a black sword handle like 5's, and ignites red lasers on both sides. Both 5 and 7 use their double-bladed laser swords to block the light blasts. 

"An impressively quick draw, but it takes more than speed to capture the prey." 5 said to 7.

"It also takes more than brawn and muscle, wise guy." 7 said, as she activates a device on her arm, making her floating robot attack Elana and Cynthia with electricity blasts, but they avoid them.

5 charges at the two, but Cynthia wraps his body around in rocks. However, he busts out of them using his double-blade sword, and spins it around like a helicopter propeller. He uses it to fly up across the chamber.

"That is just silly-" Cynthia said, when 5 quickly flies down and strikes her at the wings, making her fall to the ground. "Ugh..."

"Cynthia!" Elana said, as she kept firing light blasts at 7, her robot, and 5.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Say...you two look a lot like that Zurtrax guy." Cynthia noted, rising up the ground, as the two jumped around.

"Foolish child, we are the Federation Hunters. Our mission is to hunt magical threats like you two. Our weapons resist all forms of magic. Zurtrax was the grand hunter of them all. I have claimed many trophies, and I am slowly working my way up the ranks." 5 said.

He spins his double-bladed laser sword around, as Cynthia keeps shooting rocks, but the blades shred them apart. 

"Who said you were taking all the credit?" 7 asked, striking both ends of her laser-sword at Elana, who blocks them by forming a light shield with her hands.

"If you two can't even get along, good luck capturing us. Elana and I are in synch because we're besties!" Cynthia said, making a rock fall down on the floating robot, damaging it. 

However, it fires an electric blast at Elana, knocking her down on the ground. 7 is about to strike her with the red laser blade.

"Elana, the sword!" Cynthia reminded, avoiding more blasts from the robot. 

Elana quickly picks up the sword, and defends herself, striking it at 7's red laser blades. 

"Ranen's sword saved me. He was right, I do need this for close combat..." Elana said to herself.

"So, queenie here thinks she can beat me in sword combat?" 7 asked, laughing, as they kept clashing.

The floating robot is smoking, but sends multiple electricity blasts across the chamber. Cynthia keeps trying to avoid 5's sword strikes, and fires rocks at him. However, an electricity blast hits her, knocking her down. Elana and 7 keep clashing swords, but 7 trips her, punches her, and sends her flying to the ground next to Cynthia. The robot then releases an electric net on the two, stunning them.

"Don't bother fighting it, it's an anti-magic net. You're finished." 7 said, smiling smugly, and walking to them.

"You should get this robot fixed." 5 said, as the robot kept smoking.

"In due time. First, let me examine our prey..." 7 said, as she picks up the net, getting Cynthia and Elana facing back to back.

She circles around the two, and stares at the two.

"So this is the guardian of Earth, and you're the Queen of Central Karmania. I expected more from you two..." 7 said.

She strokes her hand across Cynthia's face and hair, making her uncomfortable. She does the same to Elana's face and hair, creeping her out.

"Okay, this got weird fast..." Elana said.

"What to do. I'd strike them both down right now, but I get the feeling our new employers won't like that..." 7 wondered.

"Wise move, "genius". Allow me to contact lord Edward first on what to do with them." 5 said, showing a communicator on his arm.

"Edward?" Cynthia wondered.

"I really need more sword training. Do you have an idea to get us out of this?" Elana asked, whispering to Cynthia, and struggling to break free.

"Somewhat. We may not be able to break through these nets with magic, but I might be able to get us out of here without attacking the nets. Hopefully I get enough time to concentrate..." Cynthia whispered, pressing her hands against the ground.

"Lord Edward, I have captured-" 5 was reporting.

"Ahem." 7 interrupted.

"I mean...WE, 7 and I, have captured the Earth guardian and Queen Elana. What do you want us to do?" 5 asked.

"What?! Why is the queen there?! No matter...you did good, even though I did not order any extra help..." Edward said, looking at 7 confused.

"...Apologies sir, my robot was patrolling the area, and we coincidentally found the two." 7 replied.

"Now then, keep them there. I will send a squadron to your location to pick them up." Edward replied, ending the communication with 5.

Cynthia keeps focusing on the ground, as it slowly cracks.

"...When we float up, could you make a shield around us? That way we won't hit our heads on the ceiling." Cynthia whispered to Elana.

"I'll try." Elana replied.

"Well then, looks like we're just staying in this drab place until then..." 7 said, staring at the carvings on the walls. 

Suddenly, Cynthia makes the ground around their net rise up, surprising the two. It keeps floating up, as Elana makes her crown glow, forming a light bubble around the platform. it smashes through the ceiling, rising them up.

"NO!" 7 yelled.

5 and 7 spin their laser-blades around, and use them to fly up after the platform. Cynthia makes the platform crumble apart, and she picks up the sword with her tail. She cuts through the net with the sword, freeing both. They both land onto the ground, as Elana grabs the sword. 

"Thanks a lot, that was a great plan you had!" Elana complimented.

"Yeah, but watch out, something tells me those two aren't giving up easily." Cynthia said.

5, 7, and the black robot fly up through the hole, and land onto the ground in front of them.

"Clever trick, but not enough!" 7 said angrily.

5 and 7's visors fall down, as they charge at once.

Cynthia sends several rock blasts, but they bash through them with their laser swords. Elana sends light blasts at both, but they fly up on their laser blades, and land down, avoiding the blasts.

"I hate those things." Cynthia said, rising up rocks around them, but they kept jumping around.

"Let's trade this time. I'll take shark head, and you take the creepy woman." Elana said, as Cynthia nodded.

Cynthia makes boulders fall down, as 7 sends her double-laser blade spinning up into the air, slicing through a boulder. The laser-sword falls back into her hand, and she keeps spinning it. She throws it at Cynthia, and she avoids it. She then sends a rock hurling at 7, knocking her down. She gets up without a scratch, and catches the laser-sword again. The robot is about to shoot an electric blast at Cynthia, as she keeps fighting 7. Elana notices, but 5 is on her tail. She holds the sword, and concentrates. It begins to glow, as 5 strikes her with his double laser-blade. However, Elana strikes back, and the sword keeps glowing, as she overpowers 5.

"What is this?!" 5 asked.

The sword sends a powerful light blast, knocking 5 into a wall.

"There we go." Elana said happily.

She then throws a magic light ball from her right hand at the black robot, and it explodes into ash.

"No, my baby!" 7 said, surprised.

Elana and Cynthia attack her at once, with light blasts and rocks, which send her smashing into a wall. She falls to the ground out cold. 5 gets back up, picks up his double-laser blade handle, and charges at the two, igniting it.

"I got a sinking feeling that it's over." Cynthia taunted, as she makes the ground under his feet sink.

"AAAHHH!!!" 5 yells, as he goes falling down, with the handle out of his reach.

Elana and Cynthia breathe heavily, feeling tired.

"Whew...that was intense. Let's get out of here before their allies show up." Elana said, as the two escape.

They make their way back to the Hidden Kingdom, heading through the forests.

"I was able to channel my light energy through the sword, and showed the hunter who is the queen. I'm still rusty with it, but hopefully Ranen and the knights can train me better. Still, despite how close to danger we were, I had fun. It got my mind off a lot of things." Elana said.

"Yeah, it felt good to kick enemy butt with my best friend. But the shark guy mentioned an Edward. Does he mean King Edward, Ramos's dad?" Cynthia wondered.

"I think he did. It looks like he might be the one in charge of this "Neo Federation". At least we know who we're dealing with now, but I won't let the Federation hurt this place anymore. They can keep trying all they want." Elana said.

"The only other thing I'm unsure of, what was the deal with that finger?" Cynthia wondered.

"I have no idea. Maybe it was something Ramos dropped before he got sent away." Elana wondered.

"Eh, who knows or cares, maybe we both just imagined it. At least we're okay. We made a great team." Cynthia said, giving Elana a high-five. 

"Let's do this again sometime!" Elana said happily.

"As long as it doesn't interfere with any queen related duties, sure. Speaking of, what super secret royal business decisions do you have planned in the future, if you can let me in?" Cynthia asked.

"The castle staff are the ones who help me with those, I'm still not that acquainted with how royal decisions work here on my own. I can say that soon we'll be focused on uniting other kingdoms together for allies, which is very important if we want to prevent the Neo Federation from taking over." Elana explained.

The two report back to the Hidden Kingdom, as the knights are seen powered up, training. The girls tell everyone what happened.

"I see. So Edward has come out of hiding, and is the one responsible for the incidents lately." Ranen concluded.

"They must have been who kidnapped Trent and I at the amusement park." Madison recalled.

"We also know Thorn and Morgana are working for them, in addition to these "hunters"." Zero said.

"Nobody has heard from Edward in years, so it's surprising he came out of hiding. I suppose he heard about Ramos and Brak's failures, and wants to finish us off himself with this new group." Cameron said.

"Well the enemies he's sent so far have been pretty pathetic, so he better step up his game soon." Tori said.

"I wouldn't say pathetic, those hunters were pretty strong. They are trained in hunting magical creatures and are very skilled. They had us captured, but Cynthia was smart enough to get us out of there. Still, with further training, I'll be prepared to fight them again. I thank you for the sword once again Ranen, but I may need a lot of training from you or the knights." Elana explained.

"No worries, nobody is perfect on their first try. I am just glad you're safe." Ranen said.

"We can give you some sword training anytime." Jake offered Elana.

"How about right now?" Nick asked, ready to go.

"Not right now, but the weekend will work. Trust me, Cynthia and I need a break after that intense fighting." Elana replied.

"Well then, everyone is dismissed. Thank you for taking the mission, Cynthia and Elana." Ranen said.

As everyone is about to leave, Cynthia and Elana approach Ranen.

"There is one more thing. In that ancient chamber, we saw a weird purple finger. When I touched it, it vanished. Do you know anything about it?" Elana asked, briefly surprising Ranen, but he hid his look.

"...No, but...thanks for telling me. Sounds like a possible trick item, but I'll think about it more in-depth." Ranen said, somewhat concerned.

"Alright, bye! Thanks so much again for the sword, I promise I won't do anything too stupid with it!" Elana promised, as Cynthia and her laugh, leaving with the rest.

"It's as I feared. This is not good, I'll have to tell the Council about this..." Ranen said, sighing.

Edward is seen in the Neo Federation base, slamming his sword cane angrily.

"The squadron reported in. They found 5 and 7 unconscious. They failed." Edward said, annoyed.

"Not quite." Colress corrected.

"Dude, I appreciate the positivity, uh, but they kind of failed." Morgana said.

"There are many different types of failure. The truth is...there was another reason I wanted them to visit the Underground City. Isn't it interesting how Queen Elana and her friend Cynthia went there soon after our hunter was sent?" Colress inquired.

"What are you getting at? Wait..." Edward began to realize.

"Yes. This means someone told them about the hunter's visit. There is a spy in our midsts." Colress revealed, surprising everyone.

"Not me!" Thorn said.

"A traitor? Yes...it makes sense. That's the only way they could've known! But who could it be? Interrogate all personnel!" Edward demanded angrily.

"Not yet. We can use the spy to our advantage. Perhaps, it is not someone in this base at all. Someone might be spying on us as we speak..." Colress said.

"Whoever it is, they made a big mistake." Morgana said.

"Indeed they did..." Edward said, smiling.

Elana is seen sleeping in her royal bed. Her crown is on a bureau, and the gem stone begins to ominously glow purple...

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: 5 and 7

-Bubble Bass is the fourth SpongeBob character to make a cameo.

-Ranen gives Elana one of his old swords to help channel her energy.

-

Spoiler

The Federations Hunters debut, who are advanced magical creature hunters, or general hunters of Federation enemies. It is revealed Zurtrax was not just the #1 general of the Federation army, but he was also #1 for the hunters.

-

Spoiler

The Beast's essence is now inside of Elana's crown. It is also revealed her mother Meritel once fought and defeated The Beast. 

• Like 3

Another awesome episode! I really liked the interactions between Cynthia and Elana. They've always been one of my favorite friendships on the show, and this episode was a great showing for that once again. I thought the hunters were pretty interesting, and it'll be cool to see how that concept moves forwardc throughout the season. The heroes now know about Ramos's father being in the midst of things, but Colress now knows there is a spy in his orbit. Both sides got a lot out of this episode. I'm intrigued with how the game will change now that everyone knows a little bit more. Also, I liked seeing Elana's continuing development into a powerful Queen. She's definitely come a long way from Season 1. 

• Like 3

This is one of my favorite episode of s3 so far, loving Cuthn & Elana's friendship on this episode is always awesome as this. Elana's sword is amazing , too. it's interesting to see how they tried to figure it out who is this mole betrayal of Edward's side...wobder who could it be.

Overall, an awesome adventuresome episode :) 

• Like 2

As always, great episode! Cynthia and Elana getting some time together again was good not just because I like their friendship, but also because we got to see Elana shine again for the first time in a while.

• Like 3

59. Fire and Ice

Firebolt is seen sleeping in his prison cell at the Posidonia Fields Jail. Suddenly, an alarm goes off, waking him and other prisoners up.

"What now..." Firebolt wondered annoyed, yawning. 

A feminine laugh is heard, and an ice beam is thrown right at a guard, freezing them solid. Ice then begins to freeze the walls.

"Brr...did we get hit by a surprise snowstorm...in spring?" Firebolt asked, shivering.

The ice walls crack and crumble open, with snowflakes flying everywhere. From the icy fog, a figure walks into Firebolt's cell. The figure is revealed to be a female, wearing ice blue robes and glasses. She has blue eyes and white hair. A cold aura emits from her body and eyes. 

"...W-who are you?" Firebolt asked, still shivering.

"Call me the sorceress of frost...Icy. I have come to free you from this wretched domain, trapping your elemental powers here!" Icy replied.

"Never heard of ya lady. Name's Keith, or Firebolt, whichever you prefer. My momma always said to never go with strangers, but you've released me, so I'll consider ya a friend...for now." Firebolt replied.

"Yes, I am a friend. I'll explain more later, but we must go before he shows..." Icy said, heading out of the cell.

"Before who shows?" Firebolt asked.

"Stop right there, evildoers! This is a job for MIGHTY MAX!" a heroic voice yelled.

"Ugh, he followed me! Show yourself!" Icy said annoyed.

"Nice try sorceress, but I followed your trail! Nobody can escape the sleuthing skills of...MIGHTY MAX!" the hero known as Mighty Max yelled, as he jumps out of the shadows.

He is a big, muscular fish wearing orange and white superhero clothes. His belt has an "MM" on the front of it. He also has a large chin, and laughs. Icy shoots two ice beams from her hands at Mighty Max, but he quickly jumps out of the way. Icy inhales, and releases an icy breathe from her mouth at Mighty Max. 

"Aha, I knew you'd try that classic move, so I came prepared!" Mighty Max replied, as he pulls out a strange disc from his utility belt.

He activates the disc, which emits a heat wave from it, blocking Icy's breathe. 

"Alright, someone wanna give me a memo on what's going on here? Who is the super nerd?" Firebolt asked, walking out of his frozen cell.

"She is a dangerous super villain, and is planning on using you for her own nefarious purposes!" Mighty Max said, countering an ice beam from Icy's hand.

"Ignore this fool, let's go, my new friend!" Icy said, as she shoots multiple icicles at the ceiling, and makes flakes fall everywhere.

She then lets out an icy gust, and vanishes with Firebolt. Mighty Max clears the air.

"Curses...she will not rest, but at least I know she is in Posidonia. Mark my words, I will stop her, if my name isn't MIGHTY MAX!" Mighty Max yelled, as he jumps out a window, trying to fly. However, he falls down into a dumpster.

"Ouch! I need to stop forgetting to activate my jet-pack when I make a dramatic jump!" Mighty Max said boldly, as he activates the jet-pack under his cape, and flies off.

The next day, Jake, Trent and the girls are seen heading to the high school. Luke goes spinning around and bumps into Audrey, making her drop her backpack. 

"Whoa...so dizzy..." Luke said, as he stops spinning, while Bryan, Steve and Gnarly Dewd laugh at him.

The gang helps Audrey pick up the backpack, and Tori notices several Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy comic books inside. 

"I didn't know you read comic books." Tori noted.

"Uh...yeah, sometimes I read superhero comic books..." Audrey replied awkwardly.

"Don't be shy about it, we won't judge you. You're our friend." Madison reassured. 

"Yeah, we already knew you like anime and manga, so this isn't a big deal, like at all." Tori replied.

"If you're worried about what others think, don't worry. Like what you want to like, or even like who you want to like. You're not hiding a secret crush from us too, are you?" Cynthia asked.

Audrey looks at Jake awkwardly.

"Haha...nope. I promise I don't have any other secret interests. I know I was supposed to outgrow these comic books, but I like reading about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's adventures. Thanks for being positive though, anyone else would've probably mocked me, like those bullies." Audrey said, referring to Steve, Bryan and Gnarly Dewd, who keep laughing at Luke, spinning him around.

"Like I said, that's what friends are for, you can tell us anything." Madison replied, cheering Audrey up.

"I know, I guess another reason I feel weird about it is because nobody really reads Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy anymore. In general, I feel like nobody else cares about them..." Audrey said, feeling bad.

"That's what happens when a franchise gets too old. But hey, don't worry, maybe you can find another hero to take their place. I'm sure there's another comic book series you could give a try." Jake said, trying to cheer her up.

"We'll see, there hasn't been any interesting manga for me to read, so I'll consider it." Audrey wondered, as they headed to their classes.

Later, Firebolt is seen in his orange armor in an abandoned warehouse with Icy.

"Alright lady, you saved me, so I'll help ya. Are you a thief like me, or...?" Firebolt asks.

"I am no simple petty thief. I have big plans. Trust me, I want to change the world, but morons like that Mighty Max keep getting in my way! I really need allies on my side, and I could use your help." Icy offered.

"Sure thing princess, but why me?" Firebolt asked curiously.

"I see great power in you. I heard about your strength from fellow contacts in the seedy underworld, and wanted to release you." Icy explained.

"As long as you can help me get revenge on the mermaid girls, we could be pretty cool friends." Firebolt said, and Icy gasped.

"...Mermaid girls? You fought the guardians too?!" Icy asked excitedly.

"Uh, sure, if that's what you call 'em. My boss hired me to steal junk from that jerk Ramos, but those mermaid girls stopped me for whatever reason. They used these crazy powers. You know 'em?" Firebolt asked.

"Yes, but not this generation of guardians. I'll tell you everything about my beautifully amazing backstory. I hail from another dimension called Karmania. I wanted to be the best sorceress, but was laughed at by other magical wielders. However, I soon began to have interesting visions. I learned I am the purest ice elemental, and I need to find the other seventeen representing the remaining Karmanian elements. The vision told me I could change the world with their help. I began to train my hardest, and wanted to master my ice powers. I tried to seek out the strongest elementals, but nobody would join me. So, I began to terrorize Karmania with my ice powers, and get revenge on the jerks who mocked me! I felt like I was dominant, until those accursed guardians stopped me!" Icy explained, as flashbacks show her conjuring up ice spells around Permafrost Mountains. She is then confronted by Mai, Cassidy, Valina, Briar and Peyton, who attack her.

"They defeated me, and I felt humiliated...yet, also impressed by the power of their elements. I needed their help. So, the easiest way to do that was to kidnap them against their will, duh! I froze all five of those foolish girls in cold ice. Combining my power with theirs, we would've taken over Karmania." Icy explained, as another flashback shows the former guardians frozen in ice blocks in an icy altar. 

"Unfortunately, my plot was thwarted once again by their foolish knight allies." Icy continued sadly, as five knights run into the altar, who had purple, red, orange, blue, and green outfits. They free the girls, and they all attack Icy.

"After that humiliating defeat, I fled to Posidonia through a strange portal. I vowed I would never try to conquer Karmania until I united the other seventeen elementals, which has been a dead end goal. I've been in this realm for 35 years. I had to start a new life here, and so, I continued my conquest for world power. People like that stupid Mighty Max have been trying to stop my plans, and that's how I got a reputation as a "super villain". I've been trying to find more elementals to join me, but had no luck...until I found you! You are the purest fire elemental! Together, you can help me get my revenge!" Icy finished, laughing.

Firebolt wasn't sure how to respond.

"...Alright then, so that Karmania place is real, eh? I'm flattered, but I don't really use fi-" Firebolt was saying confused.

"No, I know for certain you are the fire elemental I've been looking for! I heard how Firebolt used strong flame powers to rob places, and I knew you must be an elemental. It inspired me to continue my quest!" Icy said.

"Sure, let's go with that. Now then, despite your strange backstory, we both have a common enemy: the mermaid girls, past and present. You appear to be a more competent partner than the two idiots I worked with last time. That reminds me, I know a guy who can help us out..." Firebolt said.

"Oh goodie! Yes, after having no friends for so long, this is wonderful! Just sixteen more elementals to go..." Icy said happily.

Meanwhile, after school, the heroes are seen at Ranen's dojo. Audrey reads one of her comic books, and Zero notices.

"I see you are reading Issue #78 of the New Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Adventures. I remember when I read those comics." Zero noted.

"You read these too?" Audrey asked surprised.

"Yes, it's where got the inspiration from for the technology we've been using. I used to read those comic books at university." Zero said, as he has a flashback.

Zero walks through Posidonia, and looks at a comic book store, seeing Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy comics displayed behind a window. He goes inside and buys them out of curiosity. He is then seen reading some at university while waiting for his next class, and Darlene approaches him.

"What'cha reading?" Darlene asked.

"The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. The technology they use to fight these evildoers is fascinating..." Zero said, when Tristan walks by, and intentionally knocks into Zero, making him drop the comics.

"Don't stand in the middle of the hall." Tristan said smugly, and kept walking.

Darlene looks at him annoyed, but helps Zero pick up the comics, ending the flashback.

"Wow, that's cool doc. I guess you liking superheroes makes sense, since some have mysterious origins just like you. I'm glad I found someone else who likes these." Audrey said.

"I haven't read one in a long time due to my research, but you could consider me a "fan"." Zero replied.

"Oh...the franchise doesn't seem that popular anymore sadly. I was considering going down to the comic book store, and seeing if I could get interested in another new series. Maybe you could come with me? We've never had a bonding adventure before." Audrey offered.

"I have nothing else better to do right now, and Ranen does not have any assignments...therefore, sure thing, kid." Zero replied.

"See Audrey, you found someone else who likes them, and you didn't need to look far at all." Jake said.

"We'll be back soon then." Audrey said, as Zero and Audrey head off to the comic book store.

"At least Audrey has someone to bond with over one of her interests now. Warms my heart it does." Tori said.

Meanwhile, Mai whistles while cleaning up tables at the Golden Seahorse. She then overhears a news report on the television.

"This is Paul Dunkley, and we have breaking news: The thief "Firebolt", aka Keith Heckler, has escaped from prison once again. The prison was attacked last night by a super villain known as "Icy"." Paul reported, as Keith's mugshot is shown, and another image shows Icy attacking guards.

Mai drops a plate in shock upon seeing Icy's image.

"No...it cannot be, I thought she was gone..." Mai said, and heads to a phone.

"The two's whereabouts are unknown, but civilians are advised to check their surroundings carefully, and report any suspicious activity to the police. The superhero known as "Mighty Max" was also stated to have been around the area at the time of the crime." Paul reported.

Mighty Max is shown on a rooftop, looking down at the streets with goofy binoculars. 

"It feels great to revisit Posidonia again. Unfortunately though, I can't get distracted now, I need to look out for Icy. I wonder if the old gang is still here..." Mighty Max wondered.

Down below him, Zero and Audrey head to the comic book store, known as "Comics!". They enter inside, and look around at the selection.

"I am disappointed. There used to be many Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy comics, but now there's barely any." Zero noted.

"This guy looks interesting..." Audrey said, seeing a comic named "The Mightiest Tales of Mighty Max!". The cover has Mighty Max on it fighting a two-headed eel.

"Who is this Mighty Max?" Zero asked, analyzing the comic.

"They say he's this mysterious hero who got into the scene 5 years ago, and he recently got his own comic book series. I never really looked too much into it, but it seems to be what's popular now..." Audrey said, seeing several other kids reading the Mighty Max comics.

Audrey decides to buy the comic, taking it to the cashier. Zero also buys some remaining Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy comics out of curiosity. Zero and Audrey exit the building, as Audrey reads the Mighty Max comic.

"I guess this could be a cool replacement, it has similar humor to the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy series." Audrey said, smiling.

"Just because something is not as popular anymore doesn't mean you necessarily need to replace it. You can enjoy more than one comic series." Zero said.

"You're right, thanks doc. I've liked Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy since I was younger, so it saddens me people have lost interest in them. I do wonder what this Mighty Max guy is actually like though..." Audrey wondered.

Suddenly, they hear a cry for help.

"HELP, MY PURSE!" an old woman yelled.

A thief in a gray ski mask steals the old woman's purse, and runs off.

"Get back here you whippersnapper! Someone help!" the old woman yelled, as the thief keeps running.

Zero and Audrey immediately give chase.

"Stop!" Zero yelled, as they chase the thief into an alley, and they begin climbing an iron gate. 

With nobody else in sight, Zero is about to send a stun beam onto the gate, when suddenly...

"This looks like a job for...MIGHTY MAX!" Mighty Max yells, as he flies down on the gate. He steps on the thief's hands.

"YOUCH!" the thief yelled, as the thief falls to the ground, dropping the purse.

Mighty Max hops down, and picks up the thief by the turtleneck collar.

"Don't ever rob innocent civilians again, you lowlife!" Mighty Max warned, as the thief looks at him scared.

Max then tosses him in the air, and twirls him around. He is then sent flying out of the alley, and crashes into a mailbox. He gets up and runs off, crying. Audrey and Zero stare at him surprised, as Mighty Max picks up the purse. 

"You're..." Audrey is saying, comparing him to the comic.

"A superhero, Mighty Max is my name, civilians. I appreciate your effort in trying to stop that criminal. I'll gladly sign that comic!" Mighty Max offered.

Without reply, Mighty Max quickly signs Audrey's comic, leaving a fancy signature on the cover.

"We thank you for the assistance, "Mighty Max". I am Professor Zero, and this is Audrey." Zero introduced.

"No problem, Audrey and Zero! I'm just doing my duty." Mighty Max replied, about to walk off and deliver the purse back to the old woman.

"Wait, what brings you to Posidonia, sir?" Audrey asked.

"I've come here in search of an old enemy, while helping others in need along the way. My enemy's name is Icy, and she recently attacked the prison last night. If you two hear about her whereabouts, let me know." Mighty Max said.

"I have never heard of this "Icy" before, but if we learn anything, we shall let you know." Zero replied.

"Thank you. Mighty Max...AWAY!" Mighty Max yelled, as he runs off.

Mighty Max takes the purse back to the old woman, as several civilians cheer.

"Thank you Mighty Max!" the old woman replied.

"THREE CHEERS FOR MIGHTY MAX!" one yelled.

"Lucky guy, he gets to proudly help people out without having to do it in secret like us." Audrey said, slightly jealous.

"Well our secret helpings are justified, as civilians would be able to tell who you girls are, while this "Mighty Max" has a mask to conceal his identity. I wonder who he truly is..." Zero pondered, as the two head back to the dojo.

Meanwhile, Firebolt and Icy walk into Donald Bucklend's office, who is eating a sandwich, and stops.

"Oh...hey, you're...back again." Bucklend greeted Firebolt awkwardly.

"Yes I am, and I got a new partner. Her name's Icy, and she has a bit of history with magical shenanigans. She broke me out." Firebolt said.

"Sorry for not bailing you out, I've been busy with my own problems, and I don't need the cops investigating my company even further. Anyways, welcome to my domain, lovely lady. Now what do you two want?" Bucklend asked.

"For me, revenge. For her, I'm not sure, but revenge too, I guess." Firebolt said.

"Yeah sure, take whatever weapons ya want." Bucklend replied.

"I don't need weapons, trust me." Icy replied.

"If you say so. Be careful, those mermies are tough. My men tried to take on all eight of 'em some time ago, didn't go so well..." Bucklend said, finishing his sandwich.

"Wait...eight? I only fought four..." Firebolt said, confused, as Icy smiled.

"This must mean some of the old ones have come out of hiding, and are working together with the new generation! Excellent!" Icy said, laughing.

"I still don't really understand your backstory, but we can try robbing a bank to get their attention." Firebolt suggested.

"If you succeed, lend me some of that dough, I could use it. Let's just say my company isn't the best money wise right now..." Bucklend said.

Donny and Blyde walk down the hall, and gasp upon seeing Firebolt in the room, as they enter in.

"Hi friend, it's me!" Blyde greeted, shaking Firebolt's hand, as he jerks it away from him angrily.

"Hey buddy, who is this hot lady you have with you? Is she your girlfriend?" Donny asked.

"What, no, she's just a friend who will help us defeat those brats." Firebolt replied.

"I'm flattered, but "hot" isn't the word I'd use to describe my chilling personality. With the powers of fire and ice combined, we'll show the foolish mortals of this world the true power of elementals!" Icy laughed diabolically, as Bucklend stares at her oddly.

"Alrighty then, well I'll be going to the armory to get junk. See ya later, hopefully I don't go to jail again." Firebolt said.

Firebolt and Icy walk off to the armory, as Icy's hair emits a cold frost into Blyde's face.

"Brr...she's c-cool." Blyde shivered, shaking his mouth.

"More like crazy. Smething about that chick rubs me the wrong way. I hope Keith isn't getting himself into some weird stuff, but considering he partnered with you two bozos before, I guess it's no surprise he finds crazies." Bucklend said.

"Can we help them, boss?" Blyde asked.

"No, I got lots of paperwork to file, so get to it!" Bucklend said, handing Donny and Blyde stacks of paper.

Back at the dojo, Audrey and Zero explain what happened to everyone.

"Wow, a real superhero eh? I've always wanted to meet one, but that only happened once, and it was in my dreams. With these superhero shenanigans, I may still be considering that superhero persona next, but I like my wizard powers for now." Nick said.

"Icy? What an uncreative super villain name." Cynthia said unimpressed, and Ranen seems concerned.

"It is just as Mai told me. This villain is no ordinary super villain, they are a magical enemy we faced a long time ago." Ranen revealed.

"For real?" Audrey asked.

"What are they doing in Posidonia?" Cameron asked.

"Icy is a sorceress who is skilled in the element of ice. She wanted to unite other elementals for a strange goal of hers that we're not entirely sure on. Whatever her reasoning was, she still tried to terrorize Karmania with her wicked powers. We defeated her twice, and afterwards, she disappeared with no trace. It appears she has been in hiding across the ocean ever since, continuing to commit evil deeds. She released an enemy of yours, Firebolt, from prison again." Ranen explained.

"Oh hey, I haven't got to fight him yet, so this could be cool...not because of this ice witch though." Trent said.

"Him again?" Tori said annoyed.

"Even with a new partner, he should be easy." Jake said.

"Don't worry about him, but be on your guard for Icy. It has been a long time, and she most likely has new tricks up her sleeve." Ranen warned.

"That Mighty Max guy is looking for her, maybe we could ask for his help if we ever see him again. I doubt he'd mind about our secrets, since he has a secret identity himself." Audrey said.

"That depends on if we are lucky enough to see him again, but we'll see." Zero said.

Suddenly, a news report comes on the dojo television.

"The Posidonia Fields Bank has been robbed yet again! This time, it's being attacked by Firebolt and his new partner in crime Icy-" a reporter states, when Icy throws an ice ball at the reporter, freezing them solid. A screen saying "TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES" pops up.

"Welp, there's our cue." Madison said.

Icy and Firebolt are outside the bank. Firebolt shoots solar beams from his arm cannons, slicing two police boats in half.

"Whoa." an officer said, and Icy froze them solid.

"I tell you what, this bank seems to have the worst possible luck. Calling for reinforcements-" Hank was saying through a walkie talkie, when Icy also freezes him, and she laughs.

His walkie talkie falls to the ground, as Firebolt picks it up.

"Report, the situation is handled. No need for reinforcements. We have both of the robbers in captivity." Firebolt lied through the walkie talkie, mimicking Hank's voice.

"Roger that." a voice on the other end replied, as Firebolt smashes the walkie talkie.

All of the cops and bank employees are frozen solid, as Icy and Firebolt laugh, and snowflakes fly around through the air. They set the bags of money they stole down on the ground. Icy opens a bag, and gleefully throws several dollars in the air. 

"Yes, so much money, so much power! Your fire magic is unlike anything I've ever seen before!" Icy said, impressed.

"Magic? This ain't magic, lady." Firebolt replied, confused.

"Don't deny your elemental power! Now then, they should be coming any moment now..." Icy said, whistling.

The nine heroes arrive, confronting the two.

"Dad! You two are going to regret this!" Tori said concerned, seeing Hank frozen in ice.

"There you brats are, I'm going to pulverize y'all for sending me back to that confounded jail!" Firebolt laughed, immediately shooting a solar beam from his right arm. 

Jake's stone quickly activates the shield, stopping the blast. 

"So you are the new guardians and knights. Show me your true power!" Icy said, blowing an icy wind from her mouth at the nine, as they transform.

Firebolt shoots more solar beams, as the heroes dodge or counter them. He hovers around, as Icy floats up, and lets out ice blasts from both her hands at the ground. An ice blast hits Trent's legs, trapping him. Jake breaks the ice open, helping him out.

"Thanks man!" Trent replied, firing laser arrows at Firebolt, but he kept hovering around. 

Firebolt then throws several anti-magic smoke bombs, but Madison and Zero send electricity blasts, making them explode. Icy sends powerful ice gusts through the air, knocking some of the heroes around. Cynthia shoots several rocks at Icy, who dodges. Firebolt shoots anti-magic laser blasts from a handgun at her, knocking her down to the ground.

"I thought you only used those stupid arm cannons, jerk!" Cynthia said.

"Let's see how this ice witch likes our own ice attacks!" Tori said.

Tori and Audrey send combined ice attacks at Icy, but she waves her arm, which turns the ice attacks around, and sends them back at the heroes.

"Pathetic, you're the new guardians and knights? I expected a challenge!" Icy taunted, laughing.

The girls fly up and attack at once, but Icy clouds herself in an icy mist, confusing them. She then sends several ice blasts from the mist, knocking the girls all down.

"She is strong!" Audrey said.

Nick sends multiple magic blasts from his stone at Firebolt, but he is flying faster, and keeps avoiding. He sends more solar blasts, as one hits Cameron, knocking him down.

"Not to fear, Mighty Max is here to save the day!" Mighty Max yelled, as he jumps down on the bank roof.

Everyone looks up at him.

"So these are the new guardians and knights..." Mighty Max said to himself.

"Yes, finally, I get to meet a real life superhero and not in a dream!" Nick said, while avoiding another solar beam from Firebolt.

"Ugh, you again!" Icy said annoyed, immediately forming icicles in the air, and firing them.

Mighty Max quickly jumps up and goes flying right at Icy. She shoots multiple ice attacks at his jet-pack, as it malfunctions, and he falls.

"My apologies fellow heroes, it appears this jet-pack's days are numbered." Mighty Max apologized.

"It's okay...and I guess you know my identity now." Audrey said awkwardly, sending a gust attack at Firebolt, trying to slow him down.

"Not to worry, your secrets are all safe with me. Heroes stick together! Now let's stop these vile fiends!" Mighty Max said.

"Cool cape." Trent noted, and fired several laser arrows in front of Firebolt's path, hitting him.

"This has gone on long enough!" Icy yelled.

An ice cloud forms in the sky, as it hails down. She exhales, letting out an icy fog everywhere. As everyone avoids Firebolt's solar beams, Icy sends multiple ice attacks. Tori, Trent, Cameron and Nick are frozen solid. Jake, Madison and Cynthia try to attack, but are frozen solid as well.

"Grr...come out and show yourself, cowardly witch!" Mighty Max said, as he jumps through the mist.

Firebolt shoots a solar beam at him, but Mighty Max sends a metal disc, reflecting the blast back at his right arm tube, making it leak.

"Great..." Firebolt said, annoyed.

Audrey and Zero carefully walked around the icy mist, and saw their frozen friends.

"Oh no..." Audrey said, as she stood close to Zero, and Mighty Max approaches them.

"Watch out..." Mighty Max warned.

Another ice attack was coming from an unknown direction, when Zero's stone glowed. A silver aura is cast around the three, and teleports them away. Firebolt flies down, noticing they are gone. Icy clears up the mist, as Mighty Max, Zero and Audrey are nowhere in sight.

"Three of them are missing." Firebolt reported.

"What?! How?! Whatever, they're weaklings anyways. At least I got them out of the way, now I can find the true elementals..." Icy said.

"I think I know just the spot where they'll regroup." Firebolt said, as the two fly off.

Audrey, Zero and Mighty Max are seen appearing behind the bank.

"Whoa...how did you do that?" Audrey asked.

"It appears my stone gained the power of quick teleportation. That was most handy for our circumstance." Zero said, as the three walk around to the front, seeing all their friends frozen.

"Strange...she didn't take anyone hostage?" Audrey asked.

"She is searching for who she believes are the true elementals, and it appears your friends are not who she was searching for. Perhaps there is an older group with these similar powers that she is searching for instead..." Mighty Max theorized.

"Oh no...grandma!" Audrey said.

"Mr. Max, you seem very unfazed by us." Zero inquired curiously.

"Uh...well, I've seen plenty of odd things, so magical mermaids and knight dudes aren't the oddest things out there, heh." Mighty Max replied awkwardly.

"Nonetheless, yes, the old guardians are most likely in danger. Thankfully, I placed a tracking device on Firebolt in the midst of the fight when he was not looking." Zero said, reading his scanner.

"Hey, I also placed a tracking device on Icy! I see great minds think alike." Mighty Max said, reading his scanner.

"First, let us free them, we'll need as much help as we can get." Zero said, as he smashes open Madison's ice with his sword.

Mighty Max, Audrey and Zero release the heroes.

"Thanks so much guys, but I can't believe that witch beat us." Cynthia replied annoyed.

"We'll get her, but let's help them first." Madison said, referring to the officers and bank staff in their frozen prisons.

They power down, and help break them free from the ice.

"T-thank you...too bad the money is gone." Hank said, trying to warm himself up.

"I promise sir, I will help get it back. These civilians were fortunate enough to stumble upon the area after our fight, and they helped release you from the icy prisons." Mighty Max improvised.

"I tell you what, I owe my daughter and her friends." Hank said, proud of Tori.

"Sure thing, dad." Tori replied.

"Now then, let's call a clean-up crew to clean up the bank...hey, where's my walkie talkie?" Hank asked, as the heroes headed off to the Golden Seahorse.

Peyton is seen jamming out to her headphones, and heads to the Golden Seahorse. Firebolt and Icy see her from a roof.

"Yes...that is her! She was the Music elemental in the old days!" Icy said.

As Peyton gets closer, Icy floats down behind, and freezes Peyton solid. Inside the Golden Seahorse, Mai is seen with Cassidy, Valina, and Briar, having a meeting with them.

"Unfortunately, Icy has returned from obscurity." Mai explained to them.

"Great, that psychopath again. I hope the kids can handle her." Cassidy said concerned.

"They have proven their strengths, I believe they can stop Icy." Valina said.

"I have a feeling I know who this superhero is..." Briar wondered.

"Now then, where is Peyton?" Mai asked.

Icy and Firebolt burst into the restaurant, and laugh. The four look at Icy sternly, as the Chef walks into the area. Icy freezes him solid, and then freezes the women. They all vanish in an ice gust. The heroes later burst into the restaurant, seeing the frozen Chef.

"Oh no, we're too late!" Trent panicked.

"No worries, remember, Zero and I both have them tracked! Now they'll lead us right to their hideout..." Mighty Max said.

"Say, after this is all over, can we know your secret identity? You know ours, so it only seems fair." Nick bargained.

"We shall see, but let's go!" Mighty Max said, running off out of the restaurant.

"Hey, wait up!" Audrey yelled.

Inside the warehouse, Peyton, Mai, Valina, Cassidy and Briar are seen frozen in the center of the room.

"My, how the mighty have fallen. However, they are still the pure elementals, and I need their power!" Icy said.

Icy unfreezes all of their faces, but their bodies remained frozen.

"Mark my words, when I get out of this, you will pay." Valina said, as electricity sparks through her hair.

"Now, let's be nice! I'm still trying to be friends with you girls, 35 years later, haha! We have seven pure elementals now, as Keith over there controls fire!" Icy said creepily.

"This is nonsense, he is not a magic user." Mai said.

"We've seen some pathetic villains, but this is pretty sad-" Peyton was saying, when Icy refroze her face.

"You will all regret ignoring my offer! Together, we can rule the world! Now I just need to find eleven more elementals..." Icy said, as she begins pondering.

"Too bad, the new generation will save us." Briar said.

"I don't think so, they barely stood a chance against me, how can they possibly save you?!" Icy asked, laughing.

Firebolt is off to the side near the stolen bags of money, trying to repair his broken tube.

"Come on, stupid thing..." Firebolt said.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Icy asked.

"I'm trying to repair my armor, woman. I can't shoot from this arm without it." Firebolt said.

"Huh? An elemental doesn't need this weird technology to channel their energy, silly! Here, try it!" Icy said, as she picks up Firebolt's arm, and waves it.

It begins to irritate him, as he tries to get it away from her.

"Huh...you're not emitting any fire..." Icy said, confused, and she lets go of his arm. 

"Look lady, I'm just going to be honest here. I don't know what the heck you're blabbing about, I have no real magical powers. I'm just a thief with advanced machinery. That's not really fire I'm shooting, it's solar energy." Firebolt said to her, shocking Icy.

"WHAT?! But how?! Your name is "Firebolt"!" Icy said, confused.

"Yeah, sorry sweetie, but that's just a cool nickname, it doesn't mean I'm an "elemental". The fire part is metaphorical, and the bolt part is because I fly super fast. No magic involved. I've been trying to tell you, but I didn't want to interrupt your boring story, and I played along because you released me. I get the feeling you didn't take your meds." Firebolt replied smugly.

"You...FOOL! Now that you know my secret, I will bury you!" Icy said angrily, and begins firing icicles at him.

"Uh oh, maybe my mom was right about changing the way I talk to women..." Firebolt said, as he flies around, avoiding her ice attacks. He fired solar beams from his other arm back at her.

"I could see them working out." Cassidy joked, as they flew around the warehouse, and attacked each other.

The heroes barge in through the metal door, seeing the commotion.

"Never fear ladies, we're here to save the day!" Mighty Max said heroically, as Firebolt flew in front of them.

"You gotta help me, this lady is insane!" Firebolt begged, but he is frozen solid.

"He just now realized that?" Audrey asked.

"How did you find this super secret base?!" Icy asked, confused.

"Tracking device." Zero and Mighty Max said at once.

She lets out an angry onslaught of ice attacks, as the heroes dodge. Some fight back, while the others try to free the ex-guardians.

"Zero, Audrey, as fellow hero fans, I'd like your help in taking down this witch. Follow my lead." Mighty Max said.

He flies up, and throws several smoke bombs, blinding her. 

"Zero, teleport!" Mighty Max ordered, as he distracts her.

Zero teleports with his stone, and appears behind the two. 

"Audrey, wait for my signal..." Mighty Max said.

The smoke clears up, and Icy releases a powerful ice breathe at Mighty Max. He uses his heat disc to block it, and then quickly tosses it to Audrey.

"Now!" Mighty Max said.

She blows on it with a gust, and sends it quickly hurling toward Icy.

"Zero!" Mighty Max said.

Zero sends an electricity strike from his sword at the heat device, as it explodes, masking Icy gasp. She goes flying onto the ground. Audrey then sends her hurling against the wall with a wind gust, knocking her out. The ex-guardians are all freed. Valina walks up to Icy and kicks her in the face.

"Thank you all so much." Briar said.

"The true thanks goes to Mighty Max, Zero and Audrey. If it wasn't for them, we'd all be frozen solid." Madison said.

"I guess being a fan of comic books can pay off." Audrey said, smiling.

Nick breaks Firebolt open from his ice prison.

"Alright...so, can I not go back to prison this time...?" Firebolt asked nicely.

"No, you're still going back to prison." Zero replied, as he stuns him, and Firebolt drops to the ground.

"Here's the stolen money." Cameron said, as Trent helps him pick up the bags.

"Uh guys...she's gone." Tori points out, as Icy is gone.

"Whatever, let that weirdo go into hiding again." Peyton said.

"I'm sure we'll see her again." Mai said.

"She was harder to fight than I anticipated, but after analyzing her strategy the first time, it helped us see how she operates." Zero said.

"Indeed, realizing how the enemy works the first time is essential in defeating them! Now, it's been an honor to help you all, but I must be going..." Mighty Max said, about to leave.

"Not so fast...Maxwell." Mai said, as he pauses.

"Who?" Audrey asked.

"...Fine, you got me. I am Maxwell, one of the old knights!" Maxwell revealed, taking off his mask, and surprising the heroes.

"Hey Max, it's been a long time." Cassidy greeted.

"Yeah, he was the orange knight back in the day. He was obsessed with comic books, so no surprise he became a superhero. I'm proud of you though, dork. You've become a real man." Peyton teased.

"Yes, for the past five years, I've been fighting crime around the world as Mighty Max, influenced by my time together with the former gang. I had been tracking Icy's whereabouts, and she led me to here. It was an honor to fight alongside the new generation." Maxwell said.

"Hopefully we can meet again. I'm enjoying your comics so far, even though I'll miss Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy." Audrey said.

"Those two old timers are still doing just fine, no worries. Some hero franchises never last forever, but you don't have to forget them! Now then...before I go, I'd like you kids to have this." Maxwell said, handing Zero his orange knight stone.

"You really want us to have this?" Zero asked.

"Yes, I have no use for it anymore, it un-bonded from me ages ago. But perhaps you knights could give it to someone in the distant future." Mighty Max said, winking.

"I promise we'll give it to someone worthy. Take care, Maxwell." Zero said.

"Tell Ranen I said hi! Now, Mighty Max...AWAY!" Mighty Max yelled, as he climbs out of a warehouse window, and flies off.

"Did you two date or something in the past?" Tori asked Peyton.

"W-what makes you think that!?" Peyton asked awkwardly.

"I can tell..." Tori said.

"Let's just leave..." Peyton said, blushing.

Firebolt is seen in his prison cell again annoyed, writing a letter.

"Dear Mom, how are you? It's me, your son, Keith. It's been a long time. I'm in jail...again, because some crazy ice lady busted me out. Don't worry though, it's actually not too bad, the food here is pretty nice. Please send cake. From, your loving son." Firebolt wrote.

His cellmate smiles at him creepily.

"Also, please send a lawyer as fast as possible!" Firebolt added to the letter, worried.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Icy and Maxwell

-Area Debuts: Comics!

-Knight Stone Upgrades: Zero's knight stone gains the power of teleportation. 

-It is revealed Audrey and Zero like reading superhero comics. Zero got inspiration from the comic books for the rebel technology used since the beginning.

-The original main knight group was: red (Wes), purple (Ranen), orange (Maxwell), blue, and green.

-

Maxwell is a former knight, who was the orange knight. He gives his stone to the heroes, hoping it bonds to someone one day. It is also implied Peyton and him used to date.

-

Icy is the first villain to be an enemy the previous group of guardians fought. She fought the old guardians and knights 35 years ago, and went into hiding in the ocean world ever since.

• Like 4

Excellent episode! As a big fan of superhero stories, it was fun to see Icy and Mighty Max (who made for pretty good heroes/villains). I also liked the twist of Max being a former Knight from the old Guardians' group. I think that cycle will totally be repeated with Nick eventually. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Austin Layers said:

"We'll see, there hasn't been any interesting manga for me to read, so I'll consider it." Audrey wondered, as they headed to their classes.

220px-Boku_no_Hero_Academia_Volume_1.png

audrey's clearly never heard of this

Now that's a character pair-up I wasn't expecting, Audrey and Zero. I also liked Mighty Max, being a moderate fan of superhero stuff, and the end twist of him being one of the old guardians.

• Like 2

60. Steele's Big Adventure

Steele is seen patrolling around the Central Karmania Bazaar, whistling. He adjusts his cowboy hat, and looks around at the stands.

"No sign of any suspicious activity. Hmm..." Steele spoke to himself, as he keeps wandering around, when suddenly...

"HELP!" someone shouted, as Steele runs to where the civilian is.

He stops in his tracks, and goes slipping, but stops upon seeing a Karmanian outside a magic shop.

"Help me, I've been robbed by one of those gangsters!" the Karmanian said.

"Where did they go, civilian?" Steele asked confidently.

"They went that way!" the Karmanian replied, pointing north.

"I will return what was stolen. Stay put! Officer Steele will save the day!" Steele said, running off.

Steele looks around, and hears a voice from behind another building. He carefully walks behind, and peering out from a corner, sees Stout with the stolen supplies. He is talking to someone on a communicator.

"Aye, I managed to steal some o' that magic junk, but the officials will be on my tail. I've evaded 'em for now..." Stout spoke through the device.

"Ah yes, Stout, one of the notorious Karmanian gangsters! If I bring him in, I'd be doing a great service to this kingdom! If I can bring him in, that is..." Steele spoke to himself, unsure.

"Good. Bring it to The Under." Broodwing's voice replied on the other end, as the communication ends.

Stout is about to pull out his dimensional scissors, but Steele jumps into the area.

"Freeze, fiend! I am here to stop you!" Steele said proudly.

"Who are you?" Stout asked, confused.

"I am Steele, one of Central Karmania's best trackers, so uh-uh...be very afraid! I've got you red-handed for robbing that store! Y-You're under arrest!" Steele threatened nervously, showing his badge.

"I ain't going nowhere lad, take this!" Stout replied angrily.

He throws out five Slayer balls, as four orange ones and a green one appear.

"...Oh boy, uh, I don't have as much experience in fighting these things as the guardians, but l-let's see what I can do!" Steele said

He shows the blades on his arms, putting them in front of his face. The green slayer fires a laser, which Steele tries to deflect with his blades. He quickly runs for Stout, but an orange one gets in the way.

"I can do this!" Steele said to himself.

As Steele is about to attack, the green Slayer flies down behind him. It knocks him in the back of the head with its robotic hand.

"Duh..." Steele groaned, as he falls to the ground unconscious.

Stout laughs as he runs off. However, while Steele is unconscious, fighting is heard. His eyes start to open, to see the guardians and knights fighting off the remaining Slayers in the distance. Flinn slices right through an orange one with his gold sword, and Madison makes an orange one explode with a lightning blast. Steele gets up, surprised to see the heroes.

"Excellent, I knew you guys would arrive! Now then, I'm back up and ready to fight with you!" Steele said happily.

However, they look back at him confused, and Steele is also confused. He then sees the five Slayers are destroyed, and Stout is gone.

"You're way too late, dude." Cynthia said.

"No, surely I could not have been knocked out that whole time! This must be a dream!" Steele said in denial.

"No, you were literally out cold the whole fight. You just woke up at the end of our beatdown. Sorry dude." Tori explained.

"Gosh darnit, I can't believe I missed the action! I promise I'll hunt that Stout down!" Steele said, about to run off.

"Don't worry about him, we've retrieved what he stole." Cameron said, stopping him by putting his hand on Steele's right shoulder.

"Yeah, we'll return this to the magic store. You go do what...you do." Madison reassured, carrying some of the supplies.

"Well...thanks for your help. Hey...where's the white knight?" Steele asked, wondering where Trent was.

"He's busy doing a school project right now, but we can get him to sign an autograph if that's what you're looking for." Jake replied.

"Oh no, I was just curious, I always must pay attention to any little thing that seems off. Anyways...so yeah, cool. Guess that's that. Uh...see ya, yeah..." Steele said awkwardly, as he slowly walked away.

"Is he okay?" Flinn asked to the others.

"I don't know, maybe that robot hit him pretty hard in the head." Cynthia replied.

"Yeah, let him rest." Cameron replied.

"Ah, I still remember the first time we met him. You guys thought he was the bank robber and tried to attack him, what an awkward way to meet an ally." Nick reminisced.

"Oh...yeah, he's an ally, I kind of forget who he is, but yeah, sure." Tori replied.

"He tried to help us recapture Rorrim too. At least we're cool with him now." Jake said.

"What does he even do anyways?" Audrey asked.

"Ranen has said Steele is a skilled tracker, who is responsible for looking into criminal activity." Zero explained.

"I kind of question the "skilled" part." Cynthia said.

"Hey, don't be rude, he's a nice guy...creature...whatever, he's just a bit...odd, sometimes." Jake said.

"Heh, just like me." Nick replied.

"Enough banter, let's take the magic supplies back." Cameron said, as they walk off back to the magic shop.

Steele is seen walking back toward Elana's castle.

"D'oh, I can't believe I failed to stop Stout! I embarrassed myself in front of the guardians and knights. I'll never be as strong as them..." Steele said sadly.

As he walks toward the entrance, a guard approaches him.

"Officer Steele, welcome back. What happened with the reported robbery?" the guard asked.

"I...uh...well, Stout was the thief, but he got away. I was able to stop him though...with some help, and retrieve the stolen stuff, yeah!" Steele replied awkwardly.

"Good. We have another report of suspicious activity if you're up for it." the guard said.

"Aye aye captain! What's the situation?" Steele asked, saluting.

"Someone claims that the notorious gangster Vito is trying to attack Crystal Town. Do you want back-up?" the guard asked.

"No-no-no, I'll be fine! I can handle this! Anyways...strange how two of those gangsters are out and about today, I'll get to the bottom of this..." Steele said, walking off.

Steele later arrives at Crystal Town, seeing smoke flying out from a crystal building. Vito walks out of it holding bags of crystals, and two green Slayers fly out with him.

"STOP, THIEF!" a crystal guard yelled, charging at Vito with their staff, but a green Slayer fires a laser at their left leg, breaking it off. "Ow, my leg!"

Vito holds a communicator in his right hand, speaking to Broodwing.

"Ay, I got the crystals boss." Vito reported.

"Good, hopefully you actually bring them back, unlike Stout!" Broodwing replied annoyed.

Steele makes his way to the scene, and stops in front of Vito.

"Stop right there! I am Officer Steele, and you're under arrest!" Steele threatened, holding out his badge.

"Yes, save our treasures!" the guard said, trying to reattach their broken left.

"You really think you can bring me in?" Vito asked, laughing.

"Yes, for I am one of Karmania's best trackers...or was, but I'll bring you in!" Steele said unsurely, grabbing a stun gun from his belt, and points it to Vito.

The two green Slayers attack at once, firing their lasers. Steele avoids both, and deflects a laser back at one of the green Slayer's wings, making it lose traction. Steele charges at Vito, who smiles. A blue Slayer sneaks up behind Steele and knocks him in the back of his head again, making him fall to the ground.

"Duh..." Steele groaned, as Vito laughs, and more crystal guards are seen attacking before Steele blacks out.

Steele wakes up, to see destroyed Slayers on the ground, but Vito is nowhere in sight. He gets up, and approaches a green crystal person.

"What happened? Where did Vito go?!" Steele asked.

"You missed it, the guardians and knights came, and blew up his robots! He got away, but it doesn't matter, they saved our crystals!" the crystal person explained.

"No, dangit, not again!" Steele replied annoyed.

"Look lads, he woke up." Flinn noted, as the heroes approach him.

"Hey dude, sorry, but you missed the good stuff again." Tori said.

"No fair, why can't I get a chance to win...I mean, never mind, good work gang!" Steele said sadly.

"Don't worry, nobody's perfect." Madison said.

"I've just been jealous of you guys. I used to be one of the best hunters, and brought in dangerous criminals before you were chosen. Now there's barely any crime here anymore, and when there is, you have it handled, while I can't stand a chance. I feel useless now..." Steele explained.

"Aw, poor guy, don't be sad." Audrey said.

"You should've said something sooner, we didn't know you felt that way." Madison said.

"You don't need to be one of us to fight. It's true there hasn't been much bad guy activity here anymore though, so maybe you're just rusty. We can train you if you want." Jake offered.

"Yes, that would be great! Thank you so much, I want to be a good tracker again!" Steele replied happily.

"We can train at the Hidden Kingdom." Cameron said to him.

"Do you like not have other friends to train with or something?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes, that is true!" Steele replied.

The heroes are later shown at the Hidden Kingdom with Steele.

"I'm honored to be training with such great warriors! Oh right...sorry about your vision, Cameron." Steele said to him.

"There's nothing to be sorry for. I've been managing, but I appreciate the concern." Cameron replied.

"That's good! I am sure you are still as skilled as ever! I remember when we were the last two standing against that monster Rorrim, I was impressed by your bravery!" Steele recalled.

"I promise I didn't lose that bravery." Cameron said, holding his sword calmly.

"Get ready lad." Flinn said.

Steele then trains with Jake, Flinn, Cameron, Zero and Nick. The girls and Ranen watch. Steele uses his blade arms to counter their swords, but they overpower him. 

"Always be alert of what is coming." Zero said, as he quickly strikes his sword at Steele's feet, making him fall to the ground.

At The Under, inside of Broodwing's palace...

Broodwing is seen sitting on his throne, annoyed. His glass tube is on the ground, and he angrily gets up.

"Wonderful, those two fools both failed at bringing me supplies! I'll never reclaim my glory, with Ramos gone, these incompetent minions, and those brats stronger than ever before..." Broodwing said sadly.

He angrily throws a glass cup against a wall, smashing it into pieces. Suddenly, three scientists then walk inside the chamber. Broodwing flies down in front of them.

"Master...we've done it! We've created THE MOST EPIC version of the Slayer yet!" one scientist said proudly, rubbing his hands together.

"...Will this be a disappointment?" Broodwing asked cautiously. 

"I certainly hope not...heh..." one of the scientists said nervously, as the three scientists sweat.

One of them holds out a red square, and tosses it onto the ground. A large red slayer appears, which has a box head and two large square shoulders. It scans around the room with its four menacing eyes.

"This...Lord Broodwing, is the Ultra Slayer. It is powerful, and very resistant against magical attacks. It can fire a multitude of projectiles from its shoulders, and it can capture enemies with ease. Its main purpose is defense, and baiting enemies into its traps. Since our offensive Slayers have become worthless, this will make a good bait. It can bring them to you, master." a scientist explained.

"For your sake, it better. If this works, I will pay you three...a little more." Broodwing promised.

Back at the Hidden Kingdom, Steele keeps fighting the knights, but they keep knocking him down despite him putting up a good fight.

"I think I've had enough. Maybe I'm just not a good fighter anymore..." Steele said sadly, getting up.

"You'll get the hang of it, lad." Flinn said, as the knights powered down.

"No Steele. I sense you are holding yourself back." Cameron replied.

"You're right! I need to do an actual investigation to improve my skills! Maybe I can cross over to your world again, and investigate crimes there! Yes, that will help me!" Steele offered, feeling inspiration.

"As long as you don't do anything too crazy there, sure." Madison replied.

"You've been to our world before, so sure, I guess, what's the worst that could happen?" Jake asked.

"Well someone could think I'm a criminal and attack me, like you all did last time, but let's hope that doesn't happen again..." Steele said.

"I thought we were cool about that." Tori said.

"I know, I know, I was just messing, heh!" Steele said, laughing.

The heroes look at him awkwardly. 

"...Alright, let's just go." Madison said, opening a portal with the heart.

The heroes enter through it, and they arrive outside the Posidonia Fields Mall. Madison then closes the portal.

"Wow, my favorite place to be teleported outside of." Cynthia said.

"Alright, let's get right to it friends! Where can we find any shady activity in this place?" Steele asked, looking around at the walking civilians.

"You just have to wait for it to happen...if it happens at all, Posidonia Fields is pretty peaceful for the most part." Madison said.

"Well then, Steele will be ready to strike when that call comes!" Steele said.

"I'm in the mood to go shopping, so sure, we can keep an eye out for a crime while taking a mall trip." Cynthia offered.

"What is a "mall"?" Steele asked, confused, surprising the girls.

"Oh man, you've been missing out." Tori replied.

"It's kind of like that Bazaar place you have, but in one large building, and it sells stuff that isn't Karmania related." Cynthia explained.

"Yes, I see...interesting! This would be a perfect place for someone to rob!" Steele said, as he writes down notes on a paper.

"Want to see it with us?" Audrey asked.

"Of course, I'll keep a close eye out for any attempted thefts." Steele replied, as they all headed inside.

"Oy, those be some fancy clothes." Flinn noted, as a clothes store caught his eye.

"Hmm...yes, I see. This does function in a similar way to the Bazaar, where people gather, and merchants sell their items in a common setting, although our stands are not as advanced as these places." Steele noted, as he writes down more notes, looking around at the stores.

"Good luck with your investigation, us girls are going to see what's new in the fashion department." Cynthia said.

The girls walk off to a clothes store, while the guys stay with Steele.

"There are many store options, it's difficult to say which one could be robbed..." Steele pondered, still writing down notes.

"How about we split up? Cameron and I can go together, while Flinn can go with Zero, and Steele can go with Nick, yeah, those are cool pairs." Jake suggested.

"I like that idea, we could get along. We both like investigating things." Nick noted.

"Sure thing, one called "Nick". You were clever to see I wasn't the bank robber when we first met, so your analytical skills could be most useful." Steele replied, writing a note down about it.

"Heh, yeah, I consider that my "Detective Nick" persona, but I haven't used it in a while. Maybe that'll return sooner than I think." Nick replied.

The groups go their separate ways, as they explore the mall. Nick notices Doyle at a pretzel stand, purchasing a pretzel and lemonade.

"Don't tell anyone I was here." Doyle said, looking around carefully, and paying the cashier. He then walks off, eating a pretzel.

"Oh hey, it's the Doyle guy! Hey, it's been a while!" Nick greeted, walking him up to him, and Doyle looks at him annoyed.

"Who is this?" Steele asked suspiciously.

"A guy who used to work for Ramos and tried to destroy us, but he got fired, and left us alone. We became close with his buddy Van Gordon though, if you want to consider him a "buddy"." Nick explained.

"We aren't "buddies" mate, but we're on decent terms I suppose." Doyle replied.

"A former ally of Ramos? I'd keep a close eye on him!" Steele suggested, eyeing down Doyle.

"Look weirdo, I don't work for that jerk anymore. I've moved on, and I quite frankly couldn't care less what ya mates do." Doyle replied, drinking his lemonade.

"Fine, but I'll consider you a suspect if something strange happens around here!" Steele warned.

"Yeah, sure, okay. You didn't see anything..." Doyle said, as he slowly walked away.

"Alright then. Hmm...I wonder what store we should visit, there's so many options. I could get some jewelry for Luna, since we're going on a dinner date tonight..." Nick wondered, looking around.

"A date, you say?" Steele asked curiously.

"Yeah, Luna, the Council member, is my girlfriend. She's pretty sweet. I'm taking her out to dinner tonight, I've been a little nervous, but I think I'll be fine! After that, she said she wants to spend some "alone time" with me, which I'm kind of curious on what exactly entails now that I think about it, but I'm sure it'll be fun!" Nick rambled.

"Haha, atta boy! Wait, that's it! Yes, let us visit a jewelry store, that is what a thief would most likely target!" Steele said.

"Ooh, there's one!" Nick said, seeing a sign on a store titled "Jared's Jewelry Jalopy".

The two head inside, as Nick looks around. Steele looks at the surroundings.

"Lots of precious jewels here, any cold thief would love to get their hands on them..." Steele said to himself, writing it down.

"I bet Luna would love this one..." Nick said, seeing a purple stone on a gold necklace. 

"You want that stone, eh boy?" the owner named Jared asked, approaching Nick, who wore a tropical shirt and gold sunglasses.

"500 Doubloons...oh please, I can easily afford that! I'll take it!" Nick said.

"Excellent! But uh, can you not have your friend creep my customers out?" Jared asked.

Nick looks at Steele, who is seen confronting a customer in front of a ruby.

"I saw you eyeing that beautiful jewel, were you going to steal it!?" Steele asked.

"Uh no, I was just looking dude, no need to be a jerk." the customer replied, and leaves.

"Hey uh, guy, not every customer is going to be a criminal." Nick said to Steele.

"Sorry...I've just been craving for some action. I'm not used to this world either..." Steele replied.

"It's alright, I got my girl her gift. I hope she loves it." Nick said, having a bag with the necklace inside.

"That's good! Hopefully the others found suspicious activity though." Steele wondered, as the two exit the store.

The rest regroup with the two, who have purchased several items.

"Nick, what did you buy?" Zero asked.

"I got a cool necklace for Luna, I'll give it to her on our date tonight." Nick replied confidently.

"Aw, that's sweet." Audrey replied.

"Did any of you find any crime?" Steele asked.

"Nope, not a lick of any." Flinn replied.

"Darn! Oh well, better luck next time." Steele replied.

"We can't force it, you'll know when it happens." Cameron reassured.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I guess I was too desperate to help you all, but didn't think it through." Steele said.

"We appreciate the offer, but the thing is, we...don't really need help. You can still handle smaller tasks when we're not available though in Karmania, right?" Madison asked.

"If there were any..." Steele sighed.

"Like I said, you can't force crime. It will come to you." Cameron said.

"You're right. Let's get out of here. Sorry for wasting your time..." Steele said.

"Nah, you didn't waste it, since I got an excuse to buy these awesome clothes." Cynthia said, looking in her bag.

"I got these cool glasses, so I'm good." Flinn said, holding blue sunglasses. 

The gang exits the mall, as they head to Ranen's dojo.

"Fancy place you have here, commander." Steele complimented.

"Thank you. You're welcome to stay if you want, we have a vacant room." Ranen offered.

"That I might, I appreciate the offer!" Steele replied.

"Don't worry dude, we'll help train you, but now isn't the time. Like Cameron said, you just have to wait for the right time." Jake said.

"Steele, are you feeling inferior? You don't need any training, you're one of our best trackers." Ranen reassured.

"I know sir, but lately I've felt like nothing compared to them. I couldn't even stop those dumb gangsters, and there hasn't been much to do..." Steele said.

"Nobody is perfect. In addition, the Neo Federation is a threat, and other enemies such as Broodwing and Brak are out there somewhere, so there's still plenty to look out for, no matter how long it takes. Not all heroes have work 24/7, that's just life." Ranen said.

"I guess I was just so used to so many outlaws when Ramos took over, haha!" Steele said, laughing. "Alright, I'll try to be more patient..."

"Now that's settled, I've got a hot date!" Nick said, holding the box with his gift for Luna.

"Good luck with that." Madison said.

"I'll be in touch if anything happens, though I'd hope not, because I don't want to be rude and ditch my date." Nick said, leaving.

"I still can't believe he got a girlfriend." Tori said.

"Oh no, this is bad. I have just received reports that a strange new robot is attacking workers near Mt. Draglor." Ranen said, on a communication line.

"Just when Nicky boy left for his date, how awkward." Flinn said.

"Hold on, I'll take his spot if y'all want. He deserves a break, and maybe getting into some action can help me." Steele offered.

"I suppose, if Ranen is okay with it." Zero replied.

"I don't see any harm, go ahead." Ranen approved.

"Alright gang, woohoo! This time I'll be able to help without being blacked out...hopefully!" Steele said.

"Well, at least this time you'll be helping us from the start." Cynthia said.

Madison opens a portal, as the heroes approach Mt. Draglor, powered up. They see several Karmanian workers running out of the mountain, avoiding multiple lasers.

"HELP!" they yelled.

"What's attacking you?" Madison asked a worker.

"Some...big...red thing, it was unlike any other robot I've seen!" the worker said, running off.

The entrance explodes, as rocks and supplies go flying everywhere. The Ultra Slayer slowly walks out from the smoke, surprising the heroes.

"Wow, that worker was right, because we've never seen a robot like that before..." Audrey said, as it analyzes them all with its four eyes.

The heroes attack it at once, but it moves its robot hands apart, making a red electric shield appear in front of it. All the attacks smash right into the shield, and it vanishes, as the robot walks forward unscratched.

"Broodwing can make as many new robots as he wants, I'm sure we can trash this one again." Jake said, as he slices his sword at its body, but it doesn't even put a dent in it.

It then punches him in the helmet, sending him flying across the ground. Tori sends a water blast, but the Slayer fires missiles from its right shoulder, colliding with the water blasts. Cameron powers up his sword with the stone, and strikes right at the Slayer, but it knocks him aside with its left arm. Flinn sends several magical slashes at it, as Madison also throws electricity balls, but the Slayer puts up another shield, blocking the attacks.

"This thing is untouchable!" Tori said.

Its eyes glow red, and it begins to charge up. It creates a red plasma cube with its hands, and throws it right at Cameron, imprisoning him.

"What is this?!" Cameron asked, striking his sword through it, but it sends him back.

"Watch-" Zero was warning, when another cube is sent at him.

Cynthia makes the ground shake around the Slayer, but it jumps up out of the way, and slams down to the ground. It fires missiles at her, Audrey, and Tori knocking them down. It shoots three more plasma cubes, imprisoning them. Steele jumps right at the Slayer, and is able to slightly slice through its red armor with his blade arm, surprising the robot. However, it fires more missiles, knocking Steele aside. It fires a plasma cube at him, but Jake gets in the way, getting imprisoned.

"No, Jake!" Steele yelled.

"Go on, don't let it get you! Get Ranen, Trent, or Nick for help!" Jake ordered, inside the cube.

Steele understood, as he runs off. Madison fires more lightning blasts at the Slayer, knocking it forward. She is about to control it, but it fires another plasma cube trapping her. Flinn and Zero avoid the missile blasts, but they are trapped in the plasma cubes too. Steele hides behind a rock, and quickly looks.

"ONE TARGET ESCAPED..." the Ultra Slayer spoke.

"No matter, bring them to The Under." Broodwing replied, speaking to it via a communicator.

"UNDERSTOOD. TAKING PRISONERS TO THE UNDER..." the Ultra Slayer spoke, as the cubes are levitated in the air, and the Slayer walks off. The cubes follow it.

"Great, we're going to that place again..." Cynthia said annoyed.

"I just hope Steele and Nick can save us..." Madison said, worried.

"The Under...what and where is that? Perhaps Nick will know, and I'd hope so..." Steele wondered nervously, writing notes down.

Steele then immediately runs off, heading back to the portal. The Ultra Slayer opens a portal with dimensional scissors, and takes the eight heroes through it.

At the Golden Seahorse, Nick is seen at a booth with Luna, who is in fancy purple and blue civilian clothes. 

"Thanks for this dinner Nick, it's amazing..." Luna said, staring into his eyes.

"No problem, I'm surprised you had the time to visit this world. Anyways, uh...I got you a little something." Nick said, handing her the box.

Luna opens it, and is surprised to see the necklace.

"Wow...this is amazing! I love it, you're the best boyfriend!" Luna said, putting the necklace around her.

"And to think I knew nothing about girls or dating before we started dating, impressive." Nick replied.

Steele then bursts in through the doors, breathing heavily. He sees Nick and Luna, and quickly runs to their table.

"Hey, no running in the restaurant!" Audrey's dad warned annoyed.

"There you are! Nick, we have a code red! Your friends have been captured by a powerful robot, and I need your help!" Steele said, surprising the two.

"Oh no! Wait, they had a mission?" Nick asked.

"Yes, but I took your place, because I did not want to interrupt this date, I knew how much it meant to you!" Steele said.

"I would've understood if Nick had to go, this is important! We must find them!" Luna said, as the three left the restaurant, and left a check on the table.

Mai then approaches the table, seeing Nick and Luna are gone.

"Hey, no tip?" Mai asked, disappointed.

"Where are they?" Nick asked as they got outside.

"The robot took them to a place called "The Under". I have no clue where that is, but maybe you do. It'll require both of our detective skills to find-" Steele was saying.

"Oh, I know where it is. That's the creepy town under Pyrite Town. Unfortunately though, it's a long walk to get there..." Nick said.

"I may be able to make it easier. I can read your thoughts showing a memory of this place, and I can teleport us there." Luna offered.

"Sure thing, but I hope you don't read anything further in my thoughts..." Nick said, concerned.

"I won't, just show me a vision of this place. Stare into my eyes." Luna replied.

Luna and Nick stare into each other's eyes, as Nick thinks of the place. 

"Yes, I see it." Luna said.

The three glow, as Luna teleports them. They appear in The Under, outside the watch store.

"Oh hey, I remember this place. I still have a watch from here." Nick said, showing it.

"Hmm...I see a big creepy palace in the distance." Steele noted, seeing Broodwing's palace.

"Yup, that's where they most likely are. But we'll have to carefully make our way up there, as we don't want to get caught as well. That's right, we'll be doing this spy style." Nick said.

The three carefully walk by, avoiding the thugs around. Suddenly, Diggy walks out of a shady store, whistling. He now has a robotic right mole arm, a cybernetic left eye, and other various implants across his body. He gasps upon seeing Nick.

"Wha-wha-wha-what're you doing here, Nick and friends!?" Diggy asked, surprised to see him.

"I could ask you the same thing dude, where have you been, and where did you get those cool robot body parts?" Nick asked.

"Well...after the Scorpadroid ate me and that other guy, we survived, but unfortunately half my body got damaged thanks to y'all fighting it. Broodwing had his scientists replace my bad body parts, so now I'm "Cyber Diggy", that's cool! I've been staying down here ever since my business got destroyed in a freak accident, and also because I'd rather not return to Central Karmania and be arrested, since ya know I've been betraying you and all. So this place is the default option. But hey, I'm making plenty of friends down here! Hey there!" Diggy said, waving to a thug.

"Yo Diggy." the thug replied, and kept walking.

"Wait, how are you even still breathing down here? Been wondering that for a while." Nick pondered.

"Breathing potions, duh. Everybody in Karmania has to drink one breathing potion if they ever want to come to the other side, and if you don't, then you're really stupid! Anyways...are we still cool despite the betrayal thing? If it makes a difference, I never really disliked you Nick, heh..." Diggy bargained. 

"No, not really, you're still kind of a jerk for what you did back there, dude." Nick replied.

"I could arrest you right now, punk, but we're in a hurry!" Steele replied.

"Suit yourselves then..." Diggy shrugged, as he walks off, but Luna grabs him by the fur.

"Don't ever mess with my boyfriend or his friends ever again." Luna said, as she punches him in the face, and he falls to the ground.

"Ow..." Diggy groaned in pain, as the three ran off.

Three orange slayers guard the path to the castle, and stop the three.

"State your bu-" an orange Slayer was speaking, when Nick powers up and slices through it with his green sword.

Steele slices another in half with his blades, and Luna blasts the last one away with a magic blast. The three keep running towards Broodwing's palace. Diggy gets up, and pulls out a walkie talkie.

"Hey Broodwing, they're here." Diggy reported.

"Good, let them come." Broodwing replied.

Steele slices through a blue Slayer, as Luna levitates another orange Slayer, smashing them against the palace wall. Two green Slayers go flying down, but Nick jumps up with his stone's power and slices one's wing off. He chants a magic spell, and sends a blast from his stone at the other, sending it crashing into the ground. Two thugs are guarding the entrance. Luna and Nick levitate the two up at once with magic powers, confusing them. They are then thrown down the path, as they open the doors, entering inside the palace.

"Proceed with caution..." Steele said, as he carefully walks in.

"Just head north, that's where he held them captive last time." Nick recalled.

"Duck!" Steele warned.

Two blue Slayers jump out of the shadows, but Steele slices them in half before they can do anything, as they fall to the ground. 

"Nice reflexes." Luna said.

"Thanks, it appears I'm getting my groove back!" Steele said happily.

"See, like Ranen and Cameron said, you just had to wait for the right moment! You can't force a heroic deed, or something that sounds like a moral." Nick said.

"Before we enter, we must do it carefully. We need to take the enemy by surprise, that is a key tactic I learned in handling beasts." Steele said.

"I can make us invisible, that is the stealthiest way to take them by surprise." Luna said.

"Man, I love having a girlfriend with magical powers." Nick said.

Luna chants a spell, as the three turn invisible. They carefully walk to the throne room entrance, noticing the door is open. They walk inside, seeing the eight heroes imprisoned in plasma cubes.

"You pests are in my domain again. Minions, your new Slayer actually captured them...impressive. I'll add an extra...ten doubloons to your pay." Broodwing said to the three scientists down below, as he drinks from a cup, having a celebratory drink.

"Well, it's a start." one of the scientists said.

"Now, start working on more of those bad boys. I eagerly await for their allies to show...any minute now..." Broodwing waited, as he kept drinking.

"Yes, Lord Broodwing..." one of the scientists said, as the three scientists leave the room. Nick, Luna and Steele carefully get out of their way.

"Maddie, can you control that thing?" Audrey asked to Madison from her cube.

"I've tried, but it's tough. This cube is blocking my powers, and even when I tried before, it was too resistant." Madison replied.

Luna uses her powers to levitate the Ultra Slayer, as it floats in the air, confusing Broodwing.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Broodwing asked, as he flies down to the ground angrily.

"I have a good idea." Zero said, smiling.

Nick then uses his magic to levitate Broodwing in the air, confusing him. The three reappear, as the Ultra Slayer and Broodwing fall to the ground. Steele then jumps up and jabs his blade arm right into the Ultra Slayer's head. It sparks and malfunctions, as the plasma cubes disappear, releasing the heroes.

"You guys did it!" Tori said happily.

"NO, my robot!" Broodwing said angrily, pulling out two handguns, and firing at once.

The Ultra Slayer gets up, trying to see, but its eyesight is gone. It fires missiles everywhere across the throne room, as one flies right into a Broodwing statue, breaking it.

"No, my beautiful statue! You will all pay for this!" Broodwing said angrily, as he flies up and keeps firing his handguns.

The girls fire elemental attacks, and Broodwing barely flies out of the way, landing on the ground. Jake, Flinn and Cameron attack, as he blocks their attacks with his cape. Steele deflects the missiles, and sees the out of control Slayer, getting an idea. As the guardians send elemental attacks at it, distracting it, Steele sneaks up to it. He slices his blades right through its back, making it malfunction more.

"ERROR ERROR ERROR 49549fjdsfkdfk-" the Ultra Slayer rambled, as it smoked. 

It goes flying like a jet right at Broodwing, sending him smashing into the wall.

"Ha, take that, sucker!" Cynthia taunted.

"I still got it!" Steele said.

"Impressive, your blades were strong enough to pierce its armor." Zero noted.

"Thanks so much Steele, Nick, and Luna, you three are lifesavers." Madison said.

"No problemo, but give special thanks to Steele, who alerted us. If he hadn't gotten away and told us, we may have never known...at least not known as fast as we did. Also give thanks to Luna, my amazing girlfriend here had the invisibility power, which caught Broodwing completely off guard." Nick said, making Luna blush.

"You were just as important since you knew where the location was, and if you didn't, I wouldn't have auto teleported us here. I still love this necklace by the way, sweetie..." Luna said.

Nick and Luna begin making out.

"Ahem...that's cute and all, but can you two save that for later? I'd like to go back home now." Tori suggested.

"Sorry...yeah." Luna said, as she opens a portal, which they all enter through.

Broodwing shakes the remains of the Ultra Slayer off of him, as the portal closes. He angrily kicks the destroyed machine, and yells.

The heroes appear in the Central Karmania Bazaar.

"See Steele, your time did come. You can still help us if we ever need it. You've proved you can handle yourself for whatever emerges." Cameron said.

"Thanks guys, I'm out of my mid-life crisis! Now...whew, I'm bushed. I'm going to bed. See ya, we can do this again sometime, well, not the whole "rescuing you from certain doom" part, but yeah." Steele said, as he walks off to his home.

"I like him a little more after today." Jake said, impressed.

"Yeah, and to think I barely knew who he was, he really came through for us today." Cynthia said.

"Now then Luna, what is this "alone time" you were talking about?" Nick asked.

"Oh...right, sure, we can still spend some time together if you want..." Luna replied, smiling.

"Sweet! Want to binge Snail-tective with me?" Nick offered.

"...No clue what that is, but sure!" Luna replied happily, as the two teleport away.

"Yup, still a lucky guy." Jake said.

Steele is seen walking along a trail, headed back home.

"You did good Steele, you did good..." Steele said to himself, smiling.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Jared, Red Slayer (aka Ultra Slayer)

-First time Steele appears in Season 3.

-Mt. Draglor (from "Warrior"), Crystal Town (from "Mirror Mirror"), The Under (from "Broodwing's Con"), and Posidonia Fields Mall (from "Queen Valina") re-appear.

-Diggy is revealed to have survived being eaten by the Scorpadroid in "Broodwing's Con", and is now half-cyborg, living in The Under since he cannot return to Karmania. It is unknown what happened to Red however.

-First time Doyle has appeared since "Ultra Power", and his first appearance of Season 3.

-This is the first time Vito and Stout appear without Beethmore. 

-It is revealed all Karmanians use a breathing potion or spell when going to the underwater world. (but they only need to use it once)

-Luna can teleport people to a certain place if they show it to her in their memory, and also turn people invisible.

• Like 3

This was a really well done episode! The beginning was pretty lulzy when Steel kept getting knocked out and missing the battles, but I really like his earnest attitude. More people could learn a thing or two from him. Loved seeing Doyle again during the mall segment. Also, I'm happy to see that Nick/Luna is still going strong. Overall, it's always a joy when Luna pops up in an episode. Finally, it was nice that Steele got his big moment by leading the charge to save the heroes. 

• Like 2