• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Shark Tale

41. Rotwell Files

The girls and Jake are seen eating lunch at school. Madison sees Trent walking to a table.

"The White Knight said something about Trent, I hope he's okay..." Madison said concerned.

"He looks fine to me." Audrey said.

Madison approaches him.

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" Trent asked.

"Nothing, just making sure you're okay. It seemed like something was bugging you, I wasn't sure." Madison said.

"Everything seems fine, unless you count that weird farmer guy outside walking his manatee." Trent said, pointing to Farmer Bob outside the school through a cafeteria window, who was walking a manatee, as Madison laughed.

"Come on, this way!" Farmer Bob yelled, pulling the manatee away, which was eating grass.

"Alright, but if there's something wrong, you can tell me anything." Madison said to him, as Trent looked at his arm oddly.

"Yeah, of course..." Trent replied, as Madison headed back to her table.

Trent pulled up his sleeve and looked at his stone uneasily. Rotwell walked in, holding a long ruler.

"Attention hoodlums! Tonight is Posidonia Fields High Fest, where we'll showcase to your parental guardians everything that makes this school good! As vice principal, it'll go perfectly! Principal Thomson expects no error. For an example on how not to dress for tonight, observe...Madison Landers!" Rotwell yelled, pointing a ruler to her face.

"Wha-" Madison was saying, confused.

"Hair will be combed, shirt must not show shoulders, and pants will be fingertip length, none of this half-pants, half-shorts nickerdoodling!" Rotwell said, criticizing Madison's clothing.

Students laughed, except for her friends and Trent.

"Hey man, isn't that your girlfriend? Awkward." a kid said to Trent.

"Yeah, that guy's a weirdo anyways." Trent replied.

"Are you gonna eat that?" the kid asked, referring to his orange.

"No." Trent replied sadly.

"Yo Rot-" Madison was saying annoyed, when he silenced her.

"And none of this "yo"! When you speak your street slang, nobody understands what in the kuten burgers you're talking about! DISMISSED!" Rotwell yelled, slapping the ruler on his hand, and marched off. Madison stood there annoyed.

"That is it, I've had it with Rotwell! He's humiliated and tortured me long enough! We need to get payback." Madison said.

"Sorry sis, but we're here for you. On the bright side, you may not feel as embarrassed when you got scolded by a guy who used the word "nickerdoodling"." Jake said, trying to cheer her up.

"What the heck is "nickerdoodling" anyways? Is that even a real word?" Cynthia asked.

"Y'know, I've been feeling devious. Maybe I could work some of my prank magic tonight..." Tori said, with a smug grin on her face.

Madison is seen with Zero back home, being tutored.

"So the next class you need help is in Mythology, correct?" Zero asked, looking at papers.

"Whatever you do isn't going to help. The teacher is a complete nutjob." Madison replied annoyed.

"It can't be all bad, just pay attention to the contents rather than his mouth. Besides, learning about mythology could be interesting." Zero replied.

"It would be if he didn't pass off false stuff on mythical creatures and Karmania. He thinks Karmania is one kingdom consisting of creatures such as gnomes, giant lobsters, and mole people, thinks sea unicorns can turn invisible, thinks you need to balance a glass of chocolate milk on your head, and sing a song backwards to make a magical portal open to Karmania... I could keep going. He thinks all of it is true, and if I say otherwise, he marks it wrong. If I try correcting him, he'll wonder how I know, or call me crazy." Madison explained, as Zero gave a strange look.

"...Oh boy. These are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen." Zero said, looking at the notes she took, very confused.

"I know, and he's my vice principal to make it even worse. But tonight, Tori has a way to humiliate him. He's embarrassed me long enough..." Madison said.

Trent enters his house, and yells, confusing Valina. He feels immense pain from the white stone, which glowed.

"Are you okay?" Valina asked, actually concerned.

"It's the stone, it's like it's trying to rip off my arm..." Trent said, showing it.

"Don't worry, must be on too tight." Valina said, as she let out a small spark into it, helping stop the pain.

"It feels kinda better now I guess. Anyways, are you coming to my high school's event tonight? All parents are welcome." Trent offered.

"No, I have important things to do." Valina said oddly, walking off.

"Like what?" Trent wondered.

At the school's gymnasium, many students and parents are seated across the floor and in the bleachers. Madison sat with the girls, Jake and her parents. She waved to Trent nearby, who sat nearby with friends.

"Ladies and gentlefish of Posidonia Fields High, I introduce you to Principal Thomson and Vice Principal Hans Rotwell!" a student said on stage through the mic, as the audience applauded.

Through the doors, Thomson and Rotwell are seen being carried by the football team down the gym. Rotwell and Thomson were brought on stage, and Thomson went off to the side. Rotwell looked behind, seeing the marching band ready. He looked at a teleprompter, reading from it.

"Thank you, thank you. Before we do the beginning, I am proud to unveil the wood shop's latest creation: a statue of previous king, King Edward!" Rotwell announced, as a cloth was taken off, showing a wooden statue of King Edward. People applauded, as did Rotwell.

"Yes yes, looks very beautiful, I know. Later tonight, we also have King Edward's niece Gloria here to sing a beautiful song!" Rotwell said, as a slide came down, showing a picture of her.

"Ahem. Students, parents, and friends, the state of this school is very strong! Hear me when I say... I chew people's gum, and spit it on the hallway floors so the snail-faced children can step in it!" Rotwell said, shocking everyone.

He realized what he just said, looking at the teleprompter. Madison and the gang gave Tori multiple hi-fives, smiling.

"He litters?!" 

"Forget that, he called our kids snail-faced!" 

"Uh...my apologies, it appears we have er, technical difficulties." Thomson said, taking the mic, when Rotwell pushed him aside.

"No no, it was a mistake! Someone messed with das teleprompter!" Rotwell said, waving his hands frantically. The marching band mistook this however.

"There's our cue!" one said, as they walked out.

"Wait, not yet, stay back, I must finish my speech!" Rotwell said, trying to stop them.

He accidentally pushed himself into a trumpet player, as the trumpet went flying into the wooden statue's head. It cracked and fell to the ground.

"No, my precious King Edward! It was so hard to carve..." a student said, crying from the audience.

Madison kept looking at Jake and the girls, laughing, and the audience was annoyed.

"Please, this was all a big misunderstanding! I got pranked! The teleprompter, the marching band, there was supposed to be a song too!" Rotwell said, when Gloria came walking onto the stage in royal gear, trying to sing, annoying Rotwell. 

"Silence your cheesy singing you royal brat, I didn't mean now!" Rotwell ranted to her.

She began crying, making Rotwell frantic.

"Gloria, I'm sorry-" Rotwell tried to apologize, but she kicked him in the knee. "OW!"

He limped in pain, and tripped backwards over the wooden statue head. 

"He vandalized our former king!" 

"Rotwell, you monster!"

"BOO, YOU STINK!"

Rotwell covered his face in shame. The next day, Madison is seen in the hall happily.

"Wow, I can't believe it! Tori changed one line of the speech!" Madison said happily.

"And the whole thing came crashing down like a chain reaction!" Cynthia said, and Roxy approached them.

"Did you guys hear? Rotwell got fired!" Roxy said.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of feel bad that..." Madison was saying.

"Hey guys, awesome prank!" a student said from the distance, giving a thumbs up.

"Your girlfriend is pretty rad dude, I wish I could get a teacher fired like that." Trent's friend said to him.

"...that we didn't get rid of him sooner! Think about it, no more Rotwell, no more bad grades, and we're the most popular crew in the school now!" Madison continued, as students cheered for them.

"Does this mean we can get away with anything now?" Cynthia asked deviously.

"What are they going to do with his class?" Jake asked.

"I heard they're turning it into a study hall." Audrey replied.

"Dude, can you guys get one of my teachers fired with a prank?" a student asked, approaching them.

"Don't give the credit to all of us, it was Tori who changed the line!" Madison said.

"Yup, it was me. I don't really care who takes credit, I just did it for fun." Tori replied.

"Let's not get too happy. With Rotwell, you knew what to expect, this new guy could be even worse for all we know." Jake said, somewhat unsure.

"Don't be a stick in the mud, there's no way this new guy can be any worse than him." Cynthia replied.

In the cafeteria, Thomson introduces the new vice principal.

"Students, as you may know, it is my somewhat, but not entirely, regretful decision to inform you that Mr. Rotwell is no longer this school's vice principal, or teaching here." Thomson said, as students cheered. "Meet your new vice principal!"

"Hello children! I'm your new vice principal. My name is Kent Brock, and this school year is GOING TO ROCK!" Kent yelled, as a blue electric guitar was thrown at his hand, and he played it.

"Haha! What makes a school yearning for learning? Less rules and more fun! :D " Kent said enthusiastically with a large smile, and a toy gun was thrown into his hand. "Now, who wants cheeseburgers?!"

Everyone cheered in excitement, as Kent fired cheeseburgers from the gun at everyone. Madison grabbed one, eating it happily.

"Anybody who plays guitar and shoots cheeseburgers is okay in my book." Jake said, eating one.

"See Jake, being optimistic can be good." Audrey said, also eating one.

A cheeseburger got stuck on Luke's traffic cone, as he picked it off. The gang then walked down the hall, as students were eating cheeseburgers.

"Wow Maddie, you should've pranked that guy ages ago." Trent said, snacking on one, as she smiled.

"Maybe this is how things were supposed to be, I've never seen the school so positive before." Cynthia said, as they kept walking, when they suddenly heard someone yell.

"HELP! Someone get vice principal Kent Brock, or principal Thomson, or both! There's weird creatures in the school boiler room, and they want to eat me! THEY WANT TO EAT ME!" the janitor said, scared and pointing to the room. He ran off shouting, as did many students.

"Nobody panic, I'm sure it's just...some wild clams, yeah, let's go with that!" Madison said, trying to sound confident.

"Or maybe it's another ghost." Audrey suggested.

"Whatever it is, we should check it out." Jake whispered, as the five went into the boiler room.

Jake tried to turn on the lights, but it was pitch black. A wire hung from the ceiling, which had been cut open. Madison used the heart to guide them as a light source down the stairs.

"I'm pretty sure this is the part of the movie where someone in the audience yells for us not to go down here, but then again, this isn't a horror movie." Tori said.

Something then crawled past them, as Madison shined the heart.

"What the heck was that?" Cynthia asked.

"It looked like some kind of giant-" Jake was saying, when a large spider crab screeched, jumping at them.

"Sp-spider crab?!" Cynthia said nervously, as it shot webs at the gang, and they avoided.

"I think it's time we go guardia...I mean, guard the halls from letting these disgusting clams getting in!" Madison covered, as she was going to transform with the heart, but stopped when two students approached the door in the hall after overhearing.

The five jumped around, dodging its gashes. It then quickly gashed one of its claws at Jake's right leg, leaving a scar. Cynthia levitated a crate into it, knocking it down. Madison and Tori punched it in the face, and it went unconscious.

"What are spider crabs doing here? I thought they weren't around these parts..." Audrey asked.

"Forget parts, what are they doing in school?" Madison asked suspiciously.

"If it's here for learning, then it apparently brought a study group." Tori pointed out, as two more spider crabs came out of the shadows. They jumped at Madison.

Madison jumped up and kicked them in the faces, sending them flying into a hanging wire. It electrocuted them, and fell to the ground smoking.

"Huh, I guess having a brother who does karate can pay off." Madison said, surprised.

"Speaking of, my leg..." Jake said, holding it pain.

"I got this..." Tori said, placing her hands on his scar, and used her water healing powers to heal it.

"Thanks, I forgot you could do that." Jake said, getting up.

"So did I." Tori replied, when Kent appeared out of the shadows.

"AH!" they yelled in shock, and all ran except for Madison.

"Tsk tsk, an infestation in the boiler room? If only Rotwell had spent time keeping this place neat and clean, and less time vandalizing wooden statues of the royal family. Madison, I admire your dedication to protecting this school. Come with me." Kent said.

Madison looked at him oddly, but she shrugged and followed. She is seen in his office, sitting in a chair.

"Haha, your friends sure left in a rush when they saw me, didn't they?" Kent said.

"I assume they thought you we-" Madison was saying, as Kent slammed his fist on the desk.

"Let's cut to the chase here." Kent said in a different tone.

"...Excuse me?" Madison said confused.

"Listen girl, I'm not here to launch burgers, play the guitar, or pander to brats, I came to do what that clown Rotwell couldn't!" Kent said strangely to her.

"...Give a speech?" Madison guessed.

"Catch the mermaids!" Kent revealed, surprising her.

"...M-Mermaids? I don't know wh-" Madison was saying, when Kent grabbed her by the shirt angrily.

"Don't mess with me!" Kent said, but went back to a happy look, and let go of her. He walked to a wall.

"Ahem, my apologies. I too am a researcher of the magical world hidden in Posidonia. Rotwell is a fool, but I believe he was onto something with his talks of seeing magical mermaids, and other...otherworldly things. He believes at least one student here is secretly a mermaid, or possibly more..." Kent revealed.

"But I don't know anything about mermaids!" Madison lied.

"Ah, but you do Madison. You see, I've read Rotwell's files on you, your brother, and your friends." Kent said, pressing a remote, which opened up the bookshelf to show pictures of the five on a board. "Always hanging out together, even outside of school, the strange behavior, such as the way you reacted to those spider crabs I planted in the boiler room. Everyone else ran away in fear, but you five raced into action, almost as if you've had experience fighting creatures before... like guardians. If I know my mythology correctly, those would be the job of mermaids, right? But which one of you is it...or is it all of you?"

"You...planted those things?" Madison was saying, at a loss for words.

"I've had some small luck in the field, but the people who fund my research need to see something special. Just like a captured mermaid, and soon, I'll deliver..." Kent said, pressing another button.

The floor opens, making a canister rise out. Inside of it is a test tube with blue liquid.

"This is Kentium, a chemical I created that will make any disguised magical creature reveal itself. I only have one vile now, but if I expose at least one mermaid at this school, I'll get the funding to mass produce all the Kentium I could ever want! Magical creatures everywhere will be revealed, including ones not from this world, and Kent Brock will go down in history! But of course, normal civilians like us have nothing to fear. :) " Kent revealed to Madison.

"Haha...nope, you'd just be wasting your only one...." Madison said nervously.

Kent slowly tilted the tube to her, but heard a student's voice.

"Vice principal Brock, can you come to our study hall?" one asked, as a drop hit Madison's shoulder.

"Why of course children, I can teach you fun study hall games! Anytime you want to talk, Madison..." Kent said, walking away.

"Haha, yeah, peace!" Madison said awkwardly. She noticed her left arm now had her guardian sleeve. "Aw jeez..."

"We've got a major problem." Madison said to the gang, after explaining everything in the dojo.

"With that chemical, Kent is beyond dangerous. He must be stopped." Mai said.

"It would not only expose the girls, but Karmanians like Ranen, Mrs. Lenden, and Lawrence too." Jake said worried.

"I want to be on the news, but not for being a secret magical mermaid fairy thing." Cynthia said.

"We must get that chemical, and I might be able to destroy it." Zero said.

"Hey, where's Nick?" Audrey asked, when Nick appeared wearing a green seahorse costume.

"Yeesnaw...haw...I dunno if I'm saying that right. Hi kids, I'm Sean the Seahorse." Nick greeted.

"Nick, what are you doing?" Ranen asked. Everyone stared at him, and he took off the head.

"Oh, this is my old high school mascot costume, found it around the house. Back in Senior year, they voted me to be Sean the Seahorse...for some reason. I loved this old suit, we had fun and bad times. Figured it'd fit the theme of these high school shenanigans." Nick explained.

"I can only wonder why they voted you." Tori said.

"Anyways, I don't know if I can get this guy fired, everyone loves him too much." Madison said.

"Everyone Loves Kent, heh, that could make a good sitcom. If you got one vice principal fired, time to work on the sequel." Nick suggested.

"I don't know, he'll be harder to prank. Maybe we should just sneak in and steal the Kentium. Audrey can turn invisible after all." Madison suggested.

"That could work." Audrey said, turning invisible, and re-appeared.

"Too risky. Sorry Audrey, but your invisibility power does not last forever, I should know. If you got caught, then it'd just further his suspicions on your identity. Nick is surprisingly right, you must get rid of him." Mai said.

"Not to mention they have security cameras, and Kent would be pretty curious on how his chemical floated out of the building." Zero said.

Madison is then seen walking along a sidewalk to get fresh air.

"How am I supposed to get rid of my vice principal-" Madison was saying, as she kicked a can into an open dumpster, and heard a loud "OW!". Rotwell rose out, holding the can angrily.

"Do you mind?!" Rotwell asked.

"...Rotwell? Do you need help? Wait, scratch that, why are you in a dumpster?" Madison asked.

"Nein nein, I'm fine. I just love the scavenging life, aha! For example, you see a rusty can of soup, I see a hat!" Rotwell said, putting the can on his head, and it fell off. Madison looked at him.

"Dah, who am I kidding? I have nothing. I can't tell my mother I lost my job, it would break her old heart! The world can be a cruel place, where teleprompter bloopers can lead to ruined dreams... I hope you're happy with the new vice principal." Rotwell said.

"Vice principal Brock is a psycho." Madison said.

"Yes, you know, I'm sure-WAIT, BROCK?! Surely you do not mean Kent Brock!?" Rotwell asked in shock.

"Uh, yeah, you know him?" Madison asked.

"Know him? Hark vein strudel, he was my professor at my university! It was he who opened my eyes to the magical world hidden in Posidonia, and the evidence of this Karmania, he changed my life forever..." Rotwell revealed, as a flashback shows a younger, hipper Rotwell in Kent's class. He showed a chalkboard, which had a drawings of the Ancient Seal and an evolutionary stage from a seahorse to a sea unicorn. Rotwell then got on his professor clothing, amazed by Kent's class.

"Unfortunately, Kent was too harsh of a task master. He got boiling angry, like a steamed vegetable, at the slightest mistake..." Rotwell explained, as a flashback shows a pixie jellyfish on a bush. Rotwell tried to catch it with a net, but it flew off. Kent angrily placed a dunce hat on Rotwell's head and walked off.

"I'd take you over Kent any day." Madison said.

"And I'd return in a second if I could." Rotwell said, giving Madison an idea.

Madison is seen entering the Golden Seahorse with Rotwell, surprising Audrey's parents. Audrey's mom then grabbed a broom, came running, and hit Rotwell in the face with it. Madison is seen with him in the basement.

"Excuse Audrey's mom, she... always hits guests in the face with a broom, it's family tradition." Madison lied.

Rotwell spit out a broom hair, and she moved a cart. A picture of Cynthia's mermaid tail is seen falling to the ground. Rotwell picks it up out of curiosity.

"I see I'm not the only one interested in magical creatures." Rotwell said, as Madison took it away.

"Oh, this was just a picture from Audrey's family vacation to Mermaid Magic Amusement Park." Madison lied.

"Funny, I've never heard of it..." Rotwell said curiously, when they heard voices.

"Madison said in her text to meet us in the basement-" Tori was saying, as the remaining heroes walked downstairs, and they saw Madison with Rotwell.

"What the-" Jake was saying. 

"Ew, another basement monster!" Cynthia said in shock.

"It's a long story, but me and Rotwell are working together to get Kent fired. I started working on a plan..." Madison said, showing blueprints, and Rotwell looked at Nick in his seahorse costume.

"Eek, walking seahorse! Or is that just a very bad costume?" Rotwell asked curiously, as Nick took off the head. "Never mind, just a weirdo."

"Hi, I'm Nick, Nick Carson. I'm a friend of Madison's, and I've heard a lot about you. I was also my school's mascot in Senior year." Nick greeted.

"Nick, why do you keep wearing that thing?" Cameron asked.

"Because anything involves a school prank requires this costume! That and I felt like wearing it again, might as well put it to good use when it was in my basement." Nick replied.

"Here's what I got. Tonight, at 7:45pm, me, Cynthia, Audrey, Tori, Jake and Cameron will uh...arrive on the rooftop. We'll go in from the skylight. Nick will then sneak his way to the east side in his seahorse costume, and cut the wires for the security cameras." Madison was explaining, showing a fantasy of them in spy gear. The girls floated up to the roof in their mermaid forms, holding Jake and Cameron.

"Yes, I get to do something, and while wearing Sean!" Nick said.

"After that, Jake lets in a lunch lady, one of the hot ones, in his opinion. We'll get her to flirt with the security guard, and unlock the cafeteria doors." Madison was explaining.

"How are we going to get the lunch lady involved?" Cameron asked.

"That's just it, it won't be a lunch lady, it'll be Rotwell in disguise. Then, Cameron will distract the guard, and Zero will activate their boat alarm." Madison kept explaining, as the fantasy showed Cameron throwing a can down the stairs, distracting the guard. After picking it up, Zero whistled, and broke open the boat window with his sword, setting the alarm off. The guard runs out.

"Then, Audrey and I will sneak into the vents, as Rotwell stands guard. Tori and Cynthia will lock the main entrance so the guard can't get in. In Kent's office, Audrey and I will break into the school's fundraiser cash safe with some...special skills. We'll take the money, and when they find it empty, they'll arrest the only guy with the combination!" Madison explained, as the fantasy showed her opening the safe with her electricity, and Kent is taken away by cops. 

"Wow, this sounds like a complex scheme I'd think of, impressive." Nick said.

"Ohoo, it's genial! Let's do it!" Rotwell said.

"I've calculated, and there is a 47.45% chance of this working, if we do our roles right." Zero said.

Unfortunately, the plan didn't work out like Madison's fantasy. The girls got tangled in ropes from the ceiling skylight, and Rotwell is seen in an old lunch lady costume, being grabbed by the security guard.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you to treat a lady with respect?!" Rotwell asked, as Kent approached him.

"Ah Rotwell, my old apprentice. Somehow I always pictured you ending up exactly like this." Kent said.

"HELP, I CAN'T SEE!" Nick yelled, running into the building, being chased by another guard. His seahorse face was on backwards, and fell to the ground. "Did we do it?"

"Should've mentioned using spy gear right too. Well, live and learn." Zero said, who hid in a hallway with Jake and Cameron, as they face-palmed.

Madison is seen in Kent's office, who held her blueprints.

"By the way Madison, you left your blueprints on the roof. YOU TRIED TO SET ME UP!" Kent confronted.

"What, no!-" Madison was saying.

"Just come clean about the mermaid's identity, save me some time and a world of misery..." Kent said.

"Wait, people know I'm here!" Madison said, as he headed to a microphone.

"Relax, I'm just doing the morning announcements. Hello children! This is your friend vice principal Brock. I am sad to say there's been attempt to have me fired..." Kent said, angering students in the halls. "But I suppose Madison Landers in homeroom 118, locker number 405 is entitled to her own opinion. That's all."

Madison looked at him angrily, as Trent was confused upon hearing this.

"Dang, your girlfriend's trying to get him fired too? She's bad." his friend said.

"Something's not right, that's not like her...ow." Trent said, feeling pain from the stone.

"I'm going to reveal the truth. You can either help me or...suffer. Say hi to your classmates." Kent said, leaving the room.

As Madison walked down the hall, people looked at her angrily.

"Kent hater!" Steve yelled.

She goes into the Golden Seahorse basement annoyed, meeting Rotwell.

"You're just in time, I'm working on a plan to make Kent allergic to the school!" Rotwell said, writing it down.

"It's weird how we're working together after everything." Madison said, surprised.

"Ah yes, remember the time I forced you to run the school's fair since you slept in class, or the time I gave you a detention while you were in a detention!" Rotwell reminisced.

"Or the time I messed with your telepromp...uh, television!" Madison quickly covered, and Rotwell gasped.

"YOU! You started to say teleprompter, you are the riffraff who ruined my job!" Rotwell said angrily.

"Actually, if we're being fair, Tori changed it-" Madison was saying awkwardly.

"From this day on, you have made a powerful new enemy... Alright, technically an old enemy who wasn't for a while, but now is-you know what I'm saying!" Rotwell shouted, and walked out.

"Wait, no, come back!" Madison pleaded, going out of the restaurant, trying to stop him.

"Don't worry about that weirdo. What's the worst that could happen?" Mai calmed.

Kent is seen looking at a picture of Cynthia's mermaid tail in his office, and is on the phone.

"Yup, the picture is quite real. I've sent it to every news organization in the city. I'll prove its authenticity in a press conference tomorrow. The mermaid is secretly a normal fish, but my new assistant knows who it exactly is..." Kent spoke.

Rotwell is shown on a chair in the room, smiling.

Trent enters into his home to see Valina. He keeps feeling immense pain from his stone.

"Mom, it's hurting again, a lot worse! Ow!" Trent yelled, as it kept glowing oddly.

He transformed into White Knight.

"Finally, I'm gaining control..." White Knight said.

"I'm still your master. Do not torture my son, that's an order." Valina said.

"Then separate me from your worthless son like you promised when you created me. I'm tired of being stuck in his body, waiting. Trust me, having us apart will you do much better. You don't need him." White Knight bargained.

"...Fine, but do not harm him. I created you using my own magic from an old stone, and kept it hidden, waiting for the day he would find it. I had hoped one day he could become a knight when the time was right for him, and you could teach him, but I fear he won't." Valina pondered.

"His girlfriend could tell him everything about them and you. A true warrior should have this power, your son is too weak. It is better we separate him. We need to keep him quiet after this separation. We don't want him telling anybody what he learns..." White Knight said.

"Fine, I'll seek a special crystal for a difficult separation spell." Valina said, pressing the stone, making Trent turn back to normal. 

"Mom, what just happened? It feels like I keep blacking out lately..." Trent said curiously.

"Nothing, I'm going to the store. I'll be back soon." Valina lied.

Trent looks around the house out of boredom, and sees Valina's room unlocked. He went in out of curiosity, seeing a portal in the room, shocking him.

"What the..." Trent said, reaching his hand out at it. 

He fell in, appearing outside the cave.

"What is this place? I don't know where am I, but... this place feels familiar for some reason." Trent said, walking into the cave.

As he looked around, Cassidy's ghost floated down in front of him, and the possessed Briar also appeared.

"...Who are you guys? Wait, I've seen you somewhere before..." Trent pondered.

Trent recalled an old photo in his mom's room, showing younger versions of his mom with the previous guardians. Athos, Porthos and Aramis then floated down from behind, spooking him.

"Okay, I don't know what you three are, but I think I'm going to get out!" Trent said, running.

As he made his way to the cave exit, Valina appeared, holding several crystals and her staff.

"...Mom?" Trent said, stepping back, as the energy warriors, Briar, and Cassidy were behind him.

The stone glowed, as Trent transformed into White Knight.

"Let's get this over with, he knows too much." White Knight demanded.

The crystals are set around White Knight, and Valina lets out an Aether blast around them, shouting a spell. He began to glow purple, as Trent splits out of him. The two were now separate beings, as the crystals stopped glowing.

"Okay, that's it! No more hiding mom, what is going on?! Is this some cult, some reunion, or one of your weird hobbi-" Trent was blabbing, when White Knight let out white beams from the stone, grabbing onto Trent. "Yeah, this must be one of your weird thi-"

He yelled, being sucked inside of the stone. He appeared in a void, confused.

"It's done. Now you won't have to worry about him. Trust me, it's for the best he stays out of my way." White Knight said.

"I know. I just wanted him to know this is all being done for him, maybe someday, he'll understand." Valina said.

"To avoid suspicion from his friends, I'll go undercover..." White Knight said.

He glowed, as the stone made him transform into Trent, but something was different. He had an evil smile.

"Now I have full control..." White Knight said in Trent's body.

The next day at school, Roxy approaches the gang.

"Did you hear? Brock is going to reveal that someone at school is a mermaid!" Roxy said.

"Oh boy." Madison said, as they rushed off.

"We have to get out of here." Cynthia said.

"Not without the Kentium." Madison said.

"How do you plan to get it?" Tori asked.

"By finishing what we started." Madison said.

Later, Madison, Jake, Audrey, and Nick wearing his seahorse costume are in a vent, looking down into Kent's office.

"Nick, can you give that thing a rest? It's kind of starting to smell from your sweat..." Jake said.

"Sorry dude. This is the last time, after tonight I'm putting Sean away." Nick said sadly.

"This place looks different." Audrey said, as they looked into the vent to see laser beams everywhere, and spider crabs jumping around.

"He may have redecorated...a bit." Madison said, as they fell into the room. She disarmed the security camera with electricity.

Madison and Audrey transformed, Jake and Nick powered up, and attacked the spider crabs. One charged at Nick, who was looking around the bookshelves for the Kentium.

"Nick, look out!" Jake yelled.

Nick turned around, took off his helmet, and put on the seahorse head.

"I'm Sean the Seahorse, and I say, hear me neigh...or is it...weesnaw, weeshaw..." Nick said, with the face staring at the spider crab menacingly.

It cowered in fear, as Madison shocked it with an electricity blast. Audrey and Jake took care of the other two.

"Hey, that worked. Nice job Sean." Nick said, putting the head away.

"Now where is that stuff..." Madison said, powering down.

"Is this it?" Audrey asked, opening a book to show the test tube. She pulled it out, as a red light went off inside of the book.

"Yup, let's get out of here." Madison said, as they headed to the door.

However, cage bars rose up around them, and Kent entered the room.

"Well isn't this a surprise? Madison, I've been looking all over for you..." Kent said.

"You can't-" Madison was saying, when Kent grabbed the tube from her.

"I will! Thanks to my former apprentice, I know exactly which one of you is the mermaid..." Kent said, as Rotwell entered.

"Rotwell!?" Madison said surprised.

"Come Hans, let's expose a mermaid. Oh, and just so her friends don't try anything silly, you're all coming. Fun, right?" Kent said, pressing remote, making the cage rise up, giving it wheels underneath.

Multiple news teams, students and teachers are seen in the gymnasium, as the cage rolls on stage. 

"He's got those kids in a cage!"

"I'm 22 years old, not really a kid." Nick corrected.

"What you're about to see will change science as we know it! Watch, and believe..." Kent said, opening the tube. "Rotwell, are you sure it's them?"

Rotwell winked and gave a thumbs up.

"This is it. Goodbye secret lives..." Madison said, as they were worried.

"Ladies and gentlemen, behold the mighty mermaid! Change into your true form!" Kent yelled, pointing to Nick.

He threw the liquid onto Nick, who spit it out, wiping it off his face. Audrey, Jake and Madison had no reaction.

"Gross dude, this tastes like wet gym socks... not that I'd know what they taste like." Nick said.

"What?! Change into your mermaid form!" Kent said, angrily grabbing Nick by the shirt.

"He's yelling at that boy!" 

"This "boy" is a MERMAID!" Kent said angrily, pointing.

"That boy is a boy, and is not a student here at all! Now let go of him!" Rotwell ordered, pushing Kent aside.

"You set me up! You told me he was the mermaid! But, it must be him, he has a mermaid tail!" Kent said, pointing to a seahorse tail over his legs.

"Uh, I can turn into a seahorse if you want, watch." Nick said, putting on the rest of his seahorse costume. "Weesnaw...weeshnaw, check it, I'm a seahorse!"

"A mermaid, at this school? Ha, I don't care about your delusions, I care about the children! The sweet, wonderful, children!" Rotwell said, as the crowd applauded, and Thomson was happy. Tori and Cynthia were relieved, watching from a gym entrance.

"You should be the vice principal!" 

"You're fired. Welcome back, Hans." Thomson said to both, shaking Rotwell's hand.

Kent is dragged away by the cops.

"ONE OF THEM IS A MERMAID, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Kent pleaded.

"That boy ain't right." Hank said from the audience.

The heroes are seen at their lunch table the next day.

"Good thing that psycho's gone, but we still have one psycho, so eh." Cynthia said.

"He makes Rotwell look sane in comparison, and that's sad." Audrey said.

"I'm just surprised Nick's stupid costume came in handy." Tori said.

"Oh well, at least he doesn't know our identiti-" Madison was saying, when Rotwell approached them.

"Oh hey, we totally weren't talking about you." Tori said.

"Madison Landers, I would just like to say...thank you. I'd like to shake your hand." Rotwell said, confusing Madison.

"Uh, sure." Madison said, shaking his right hand.

However, after shaking it, she felt something drip on her arm. Suddenly, Madison's mermaid wings grew out of her back, shocking them all except for Rotwell, who smiled. He pulled up his sleeve to reveal an empty tube of Kentium taped to his arm. Madison quickly hid the wings with her backpack.

"One drop left, seemed like a shame to let it go to waste. No need to panic miss Landers, I...always suspected there was something special about you. But I'd be a knackwurst before I let that dummkopt Kent Brock take credit for my discovery! I'll find a way to expose you, but for now, I have a school to help run. Tschüss." Rotwell said ominously to her, and walked away.

The gang didn't know how to respond.

"...Aw man." Madison said, looking at her wings.

________

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Kent Brock and Gloria

-Ramos and Brak's father is named Edward, who was the previous king.

-Farmer Bob (from "Whiteout") makes a cameo.

-Nick was his high school's mascot, Sean the Seahorse, in his Senior year.*

-It is revealed that Rotwell was once Kent's apprentice, who opened his eyes to the myths around Posidonia and Karmania.

-

The White Knight takes control over Trent, trapping him in the white knight stone.

-

Rotwell discovers Madison's mermaid identity.

*Production Fact: When I originally conceived Mystic Guardians, my original plan for Nick was to be their school's mascot, who wore a seahorse head all the time, and he would later become interested in the girls's secrets. Obviously I scrapped this, but I re-used some of the mascot idea for this.

• Like 3

• Liked the opening joke with the manatee and farmer Bob :P .
  • As soon as Tori mentioned working some of her 'prank magic', I knew things would go downhill.
  • I like the continuity with Zero tutoring Madison still.
  • I lol'd at Tori's trick with the teleprompter, but I d think the prank got progressively more mean.
  • New principal plays the electric guitar, says 'less rules and more fun', and plays with toy guns...yeahhhh that will turn out well.
  • The infestation of spider crabs in the school was strange.
  • Oh god, Kent knows of the merfolk.
  • Gotta admit, his plan of luring the Guardians out was clever.
  • Haha, 'Sean the Seahorse', classic Nick. I'm guessing that bit was also a reference to the initial way he was gonna start on the show?
  • Nice twist with Kent being the one who set Rotwell on his magical-obsessed path.
  • I liked Madison's plan to frame Kent, too bad it went south.
  • Lol'd at "Dang, your girlfriend's trying to get him fired too? She's bad."
  • Interesting scene between the White Knight and Valina, but I feel Trent needs to be told about what happening to him.
  • Well then, looks like the separation worked.
  • Oh god, now The White Knight is gonna masquerade as Trent.
  • Haha, glad Kent was fired (and presumably arrested).
  • O.M.G at that ending. This is not gonna be good....again.
Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

42. Zero Memory

Diggy makes food in his trailer, when two royal soldiers approach it. He looks out the window concerned, seeing them and two strange objects flying in the sky, and gulps. His customers left in a hurry, as tables fell.

"W-what are they doing here!?" Diggy wondered to himself, as he stopped cooking.

They banged on the trailer door.

"Mr. Diggy, open up. Now." one demanded.

"Oh jeez..." Diggy said nervously, throwing stuff to the side in a hurry, frantically answering the door. "H-hello gentlemen, what can I do for you today? Any special meals you seek?"

"We have come on serious matters. I'm sure you heard we recently arrested two Karmanian villagers in this area, who stole technology from us. They finally cracked tonight, and claim you helped them steal it. They claim you have a machine that allowed them to teleport anywhere in Karmania. If this is all true, you are coming with us." one said sternly, holding cuffs, and Diggy tried to hide his nervousness.

"Haha, what a bunch of nonsense! I have no clue how to build whatever they said, I don't even know who those two are!" Diggy lied, faking a smile.

"They claim they're your friends, and were regularly customers at your establishment." the other said.

"Now see here, I know they were customers, but I ain't friends with all customers, see. Go ahead and search the premises, you won't find any weird machine." Diggy said.

They searched the area, and found nothing. 

"I suppose they could've been lying. You're off the hook...for now." one of them said.

"Sirs, see here, I promise I would never do anything to put your group at risk, see. After all, this new life made me rich, see!" Diggy said.

"Have a nice day, sir." the other said, walking away, but the other stopped.

"Can I have a sample?" one asked.

"Of course, on the house for the people who keep us safe!" Diggy said, giving him food.

The soldier paid him in gold, and left. Diggy went behind his trailer, scared.

"That was close. I had to destroy that thing because of stuff like this, see! I don't know if I can keep this shtick up..." Diggy was saying, walking back, and bumped into a Green Slayer behind him, which was next to another. They stared at him with red eyes.

"Target found. You are coming with us." one said, as both grabbed Diggy.

"Not again!" Diggy panicked, as they flew off with Diggy, and he screamed.

Zero is seen at Darlene's house, watching a western movie with her. Two cowboys were about to duel.

"Listen up here Pinhead, this town ain't big enough for the both of us!" Dirty Dan said to Pinhead Larry.

"Who you callin' Pinhead?" Pinhead Larry asked, annoyed.

"These old western movies are cheesy, I don't get the fascination with them." Darlene said, wrapping her arm around Zero's shoulders, confusing him.

"I concur, let's try a different channel." Zero suggested, pushing her arm away.

"Sure..." Darlene replied, confused, changing the channel to "Wheel of Money".

"It's the host with the most-" Justin was saying.

"I'm not exactly into game shows either." Darlene said, changing it to Snail-tective.

"A mystery genre could be passable." Zero said.

"I suppose, but this looks like a silly children show..." Darlene said.

"Alright Snail-tective, it appears the mayor has gone missing. Where could he be?" the officer asked to Snail-tective, finding a clue.

"Meow meow meow." Snail-tective said, sniffing footprints.

"Excellent work Snail-tective, a clue!" the officer said, analyzing them.

"Never mind. Isn't there any good television on anymore?" Darlene said unimpressed, giving a weird look.

"Sorry this isn't working out, I can never seem to find any good science channels anymore. That's why I have my own entertainment program." Zero said, putting on an advanced set of white headsets, listening to them, and turning the knob.

"What kind of fancy headsets are those?" Darlene asked, checking them out.

"I created my own optical set of headsets. They have advanced range, allowing me to listen to entertainment from faraway." Zero said, listening to a science program.

"Today we will be analyzing the theorems relating to amplified sound-waves..." the scientist was saying through Zero's headset.

"That's neat, can I hear?" Darlene asked.

"Of course, anything for a friend. I have zero memory on my past, but I'm honored to have an intelligent friend like you to help me." Zero replied, putting the headsets on her.

"Wow, this is great. I can hear actual good programming." Darlene said.

"It can tap into music stations too, even faraway ones, such as this..." Zero said, turning the knob, and a song played.

"I'M COMING OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOING JUST FINE-" blasted through the headsets, making Darlene cringe, taking them off.

"Not a fan of a lot of these songs, a lot of them are annoying. Still fascinating you were able to make this, can I have my own pair if you have time?" Darlene asked.

"Of course, I can make a pair for tomorrow, that is if you have time for us to...hang out, as Jake would say." Zero offered.

"O-of course! Sure, it gets lonely here, I don't mind the company. Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow." Darlene said nervously, as Zero left confused.

Darlene looked at a picture of her and Zero, which showed them at dance from their university. She had a flashback, showing Zero meeting her at his first day.

Zero is seen walking into the university, confused and nervous. He walks down a hallway, bumping into Tristan.

"Oh, uh...sorry sir." Zero said, as Tristan turned around.

"Sorry means nothing. Watch your step, go away." Tristan said coldly, pushing Zero aside, and walking off.

Darlene approaches Zero.

"Sorry about him, he can be rude, that's Tristan. Welcome, I'm Darlene. You must be the new transfer, Zero is it?" Darlene introduced, smiling.

"Yes, that is correct. Hello "Darlene"." Zero replied oddly, as Darlene laughed a bit.

Another flashback then shows Zero and Darlene dressed up, arriving at their university's dance. Both were dressed the same way in the photo.

"May I have this dance, Mr. Zero?" Darlene asked.

"Uh, I'm not exactly a "dancing machine", but-" Zero was replying awkwardly.

"Just follow me." Darlene stopped, and they began dancing.

The next day, as Jake and the girls enter the schoolyard, Trent and Bryan are surrounded by a circle of kids.

"What's going on over there?" Jake asked.

"Is that a fight?" Cynthia asked, making Madison confused.

"About time, if only I had popcorn." Tori replied.

They went in closer, seeing Trent facing Bryan.

"Alright kid, let's do this! You think you can insult the Bryanster...eh, that name's not working, sorry Gnarly, let's try Big Bryan!" Bryan said to Gnarly Dewd.

"Gnarly approves." Gnarly replied.

"Trent? Why are you fighting?" Madison asked to Trent, but gave no reply, and just smiled.

"This fool thought he could insult me! He called me weak! Nobody calls me weak, but me!" Bryan boasted.

"Trent insulting someone? That's odd..." Jake said.

"Hit me with your best shot, kid. Go on, amuse me." Trent said ominously to Bryan.

Bryan threw his fist, but Trent grabbed it, and twisted it, making Bryan cry. His eyes glowed white, and threw Bryan from the hand over, landing on the ground. The heroes were unsettled. 

"Mommy..." Bryan cried.

The kids applauded, as Trent walked to the gang.

"Trent, that was kind of not cool, you could've hurt him, as much as I dislike him." Jake reasoned.

"I'm not "Trent". You may recognize me..." White Knight spoke in his voice, terrifying the gang.

He pulled down his sleeve, showing the white knight stone on the bracelet, surprising them.

"...You've been the White Knight this whole time..." Madison said, at a loss for words.

"We're separate beings, I have trapped your "Trent" inside the stone. He is safe...for now. But I'll be keeping an eye on you at this very school. Don't try anything, or he will become unsafe. I suggest getting to class, children..." White Knight said ominously, walking away.

"Great, what're we going to do?" Madison asked.

"We'll have to worry about this later, now's not exactly the best time..." Jake said, heading to class, and as "Trent" walked ahead, he smiled evilly.

Later, they explain what they saw in the dojo.

"It is as I feared, Valina has created her own knight stone. It must have formed an entity, which took over Trent whenever he transformed." Ranen explained.

"I presume Trent unwillingly transformed, he most likely had no control over his actions. Valina must've done it for him." Zero theorized.

"How can we rescue him from the stone?" Madison asked.

"That, I'm afraid, is something out of our reaches. Trent himself may have to fight the beast inside, so to speak. Be careful when dealing with the White Knight, Trent is still inside somewhere." Mai said.

"I knew that witch was crazy, but brainwashing her son? That's just insane." Cynthia said.

"Don't worry Madison, we'll find a way to get him back." Cameron reassured.

"Thanks, but what if we have to explain everything to him even if he is rescued? I don't know how he would respond..." Madison said.

"I dunno, some people we've explained our shenanigans to have taken it pretty well, like Flinn and Darlene." Nick said.

"Speaking of Darlene, she has been acting...odd lately, when we, as you say, "hang out"." Zero said, and they heard someone knock on the door.

Jake opened it, surprised to see Darlene.

"Hi, I know it's been a while since I've met you all. I came to see if the professor was here, and I see he is." Darlene said.

"Whoa, I just mentioned you and you appear. Am I...a psychic?" Nick wondered.

"What brings you here?" Zero asked.

"I was just wondering if you had time to come over." Darlene wondered.

"Maybe later, we have important issues. Nick, come with me, maybe I can analyze our stones to find a solution." Zero said, going down a hall.

"How did you even know we were here?" Jake asked.

"Zero told me a while back, we've been talking to each other a lot more lately. But...well, I kind of need some advice, particularly from some adolescent females like you four. I am at least 90% certain I have romantic feelings for Zero, and I need advice. I don't think he's getting my hints..." Darlene said awkwardly.

"Aw, how sweet. But I'm not a romance expert..." Audrey said.

"Just tell him, I think he'll be open-minded." Cynthia said.

"That's just it, I don't think he'll accept it. We've been just friends for so long..." Darlene said.

"Don't worry, I got this. If anyone here is a romance expert, it's me." Tori said, stepping up.

"You?" Cynthia asked, confused.

"Yeah, sure, why not. I can help two scientists get together, trust me." Tori said.

"Alright, I've never dated before, so thank you." Darlene replied.

"Trust me, I'll get you and Zero together faster than you can say "I do" when you get married." Tori said.

"Whoa, let's not jump that far ahead-" Darlene was saying, as the girls laughed.

The two Green Slayers are seen landing in an alley with Diggy, still holding him tightly.

"Where are you taking me!?" Diggy asked, panicking.

They entered into a secret entrance, going into a building. Stout, Beethmore and Vito are sitting at a table, and Broodwing appeared out of the shadows. The two Green Slayers blocked the entrance like bodyguards.

"Hello...Diggy." Broodwing said.

"Whew, it's just you guys. Am I joining your rich club or somethin'? I'm rich myself now, I'd make a great member!" Diggy bargained, annoying the mobsters.

"No way boy, this is a three man band, that's three, not four!" Beethmore argued.

"Ay yo, why'd you bring him here?" Vito asked, eating food.

"He is my...business associate. Here's the deal gentlemen. Things...have not worked out the way they were supposed to. I've been making less money, and the Federation has lost its control over this place. I want to reconquer it, and we'll live like kings. I promise you gentlemen, you'll become powerful again. You've been forced into hiding since the rebels won, but no more. Swear your allegiance to me." Broodwing bargained.

"Eh, you could easily be defeated by those kids." Stout pointed out.

"I agree, they easily destroy all your junk." Vito said.

"Yeah boy, Big C wants to know how a merchant like you can send those dweebs running? Your last bodyguard failed, and so have your robots! The only thing they are good for are being Big C's servants!" Beethmore mocked. A Blue Slayer took away his plate of food like a waiter.

Broodwing grabbed Beethmore, tossing him aside, and falling to the ground. Beethmore tried to throw out a Green Slayer, but Broodwing stepped on his hand.

"I'm stronger than I look. I suggest reconsidering, you will help me in my plan, or else..." Broodwing threatened.

"Or else what?" Stout asked.

"There is no "or else". You will help me." Broodwing threatened, grabbing him.

"I think we can make an agreement, gentlemen..." Vito said.

"Yeah, whatever, Big C approves..." Beethmore said, getting up annoyed.

"Why am I here?" Diggy asked.

"I need you for a new plan, since you failed to bring me back royal technology." Broodwing said.

"Well...ya see, the funny thing is, my friends did have tech, and the base location. But they got arrested. They also betrayed me, and knocked my poor noggin in..." Diggy said, as the mobsters laughed.

"How unfortunate, seems like you need to pick your "friends" more carefully... No matter. I need all of your help for this." Broodwing said.

He pulled out a black box, opening it to show an eerie flute, with black and gray markings.

"Is that what I think it is?" Diggy asked, surprised.

"Yes, it's the Necro Flute. I got it from a faraway black magic market at a high price. Its power will let us control everyone in Central Karmania to do our bidding. Not any person off the street can play it however, I need a powerful music elemental, if any of you gentlemen have a henchman at your disposal." Broodwing explained.

"I got just the one to play it, sir." Stout replied.

"Excellent. You can also lend some of your robots too, to keep them busy." Broodwing said.

"Sure, take as many as you need, I certainly don't need 'em." Vito said, tossing Slayer balls to him.

"So where do I come in?" Diggy asked.

"You are the key part, doing what you're best at, luring those guardians and knights right to the flute. Use this to stay in touch, one of my own designs." Broodwing said, handing Diggy a communicator shaped like Broodwing.

"This plan, Big C hates to admit, is genius." Beethmore said.

The mobsters and Broodwing then laughed, and Diggy also tried laughing with them.

"You need to work on your sinister laugh." Vito said to him.

Diggy is seen outside his trailer, and Valina approaches him.

"Hello...Diggy. It's been a long time." Valina said, shocking him.

"...V-V-Valina? Wow, I haven't seen you in years, you...don't look any different." Diggy said.

"I could say the same for you. Interesting place you have here." Valina said.

"Yeah...I got rich. What brings you here again?" Diggy asked.

"I was just strolling by, felt like talking to an old acquaintance. I'm in the process of a little project, I'm going to make both these worlds better places. I just want to know if you'll be by my side..." Valina said ominously to him.

"Of course, I'm quite loyal. Those new guardians and knights come around here, but trust me, I don't like 'em much either. Actually, that Nick guy is the one I dislike the least-" Diggy rambled.

"They'll be out of the equation soon. Just let me know if they come around. I expect you aren't working with anyone else." Valina said.

"Of course not. Now then, could I offer you a snack-" Diggy was asking, but she was gone.

Diggy quickly pulled out his Broodwing communicator, opening the cape wings on it to show his face.

"Broodwing, I got big news." Diggy said.

"I have everything set up. Are the guardians in Karmania?" Broodwing asked.

"Not yet, but I'll get em. I found something else of interest. The sorceress you mentioned...her name is Valina. She was a former guardian. She is the one who has been trying to take over..." Diggy said.

"Interesting... why would a former guardian go rogue? Looks like you are useful for digging up the dirt, be sure to lure them here." Broodwing said.

"Roger that, chief..." Diggy said, putting the communicator away, and he sighed. "I hope I didn't get myself into hot water with another alliance..."

Zero is seen eating dinner with Darlene. Tori looks at them through binoculars from a room in Elana's old house, along with the other girls.

"This feels kind of weird." Audrey said.

"Yeah, I don't know if watching their dating progress is important when Trent is in danger..." Madison said, concerned.

"Relax, maybe we need this to get him off our minds. Besides, like Mai said, I don't know if there's really anything we can do right now. Sorry Maddie." Tori said.

"The creep said Trent was in the stone, so he is safe...for now. Sorry, I just get over-obsessive." Madison replied.

"It's cool, it happens. Besides, would Valina really harm her son?" Cynthia pondered, concerned.

"I would hope not, or she's an awful parent." Madison said.

"Audrey, what do you hear?" Tori asked.

Audrey used her supersonic hearing to overhear Zero and Darlene's conversation.

"So, how's the food?" Darlene asked.

"It's marvelous, I admire your craft-ship with these meals. You manage to outdo yourself each time." Zero complimented.

"Haha, thanks. You know, you are really sweet..." Darlene was saying, looking at a paper Tori gave her, on how to talk.

"I suppose, I was just giving a compliment, but if you say so. Also, here's your own pair of headsets." Zero replied, giving Darlene her own set.

"Aw, thanks." Darlene replied, as Audrey told them what was happening, and Tori face-palmed.

"Wow, this is gonna be harder than I thought..." Tori said.

"He's half-robot, I doubt he can show much emotion." Cynthia said.

"That's it! I need to teach Zero my romance skills, and maybe we'll get somewhere..." Tori said.

Zero steps out of Darlene's house for a few, and Tori approaches him.

"Hey there doc, had a fun time with your lady friend?" Tori asked.

"Yes, accompanying Darlene can be quite fascinating." Zero replied.

"Alright, I'm just going to say it, doc. Your friend Darlene is in love with you, she's been trying to show it, which is why she has been acting "weird"." Tori revealed to him.

"...In love? I like Darlene, but I'm not sure if I feel that way. I always considered her just a friend...but maybe I haven't. I've felt a strange attraction to her, but I don't know how to display it..." Zero pondered.

"No worries dude, I can teach you every way to make her yours, trust me, I'm an expert. Besides, I've never had a bonding adventure with you." Tori bargained.

"Alright, I suppose we'll see what the outcome is..." Zero said.

A montage happens, showing Zero doing caring things for Darlene, and Tori watches in private. He gives her a box of chocolates and flowers, holds a door for her, helps her with research, and they watch a movie. However, as they watch the movie, Zero's knight bracelet was off to the side, and he received multiple alerts on it, which he did not hear due to being distracted by Darlene and the movie.

The remaining heroes, except Tori and Zero, follow Diggy through forests.

"Are you sure the thief went this way?" Cameron asked.

"Yup, I saw 'em go this way with my food. They were talkin' about some plan and everything, sounded shady... Say, there seems to be less of you..." Diggy said.

"Zero never answered his communication...I hope he's okay. Not sure what Tori is up to." Jake said.

"Uh...we might know. Tori is helping Zero's confidence in asking Darlene to be his girlfriend, but I didn't think they'd ignore us..." Madison said.

"Zero finally may have found love, eh? Even though he's ignoring his duties, I'm happy for the guy, this shows even machines can find love." Nick said.

"I'd be happy if this was at a better time, I'm just curious why he's not responding..." Jake wondered.

"Maybe him and Darlene are...never mind," Cynthia said awkwardly, blushing.

"What were you going to say? ...You know what, on second thought, I don't want to know." Madison replied.

They came out of the clearing, seeing it was the same old abandoned rebel building from "Friend".

"Hey, this was the place where I fought Drew." Cameron recalled.

"Good times...well, not really." Nick replied.

"Come out wherever you are, you menace!" Diggy yelled, waving his claw.

A multitude of Slayers came out of hiding. From the entrance of the building, stepping out of the shadows, was a cloaked figure. They laughed, holding out the Necro Flute and a stick.

"Yup, that's the thief!" Diggy said.

The gang attacked the Slayers, as the hooded monster took off their hood, showing a smiling white mask.

"Welcome one and all, to my amazing show! I am Maestro, one of the most talented beasts in Karmania! Prepare to hear my beautiful music!" Maestro sang, waving a stick.

The gang attacked the Slayers at once, and Diggy hid in a bush, pulling out his communicator.

"They are in the area." Diggy reported to Broodwing.

"Good, now let Maestro do the work. Do not get in the range of his music." Broodwing ordered.

Madison exploded the flying Green Slayers with electricity, and Cynthia crushed orange ones with boulders or old building pieces. Audrey sent some blue ones flying, and smashing them to the ground. The knights then sliced black ones to pieces, as Jake jumped at Maestro, but he quickly moved away, fending with his stick.

"Hear the music, and become my minion!" Maestro said, playing the Necro Flute, which sent out an ominous sound right through Jake's helmet.

Jake's eyes turn grim, and he began to groan like a zombie.

"Jake, are you ok-" Madison was asking.

"Destroy them!" Maestro ordered.

Jake then charged at Cameron, attacking him, catching him off guard.

"Jake, what are you doing!?" Cameron asked, trying not to fight back, and Jake just made zombie noises.

"I think that weird flute thing turned him into a zombie or something-" Nick was saying, as Jake attacked him too. "Come on man, I don't want to hurt you!"

"That's just great, avoid that flute!" Madison said to Cynthia and Audrey.

Suddenly, from another path, White Knight, Aramis, Athos and Porthos appeared, attacking at once.

"Not these guys!" Cynthia said, throwing debris at the energy warriors, but they vaporized the debris.

"W-who are they?!" Maestro asked, confused.

"I was patrolling the area, and heard a lovely battle sound in the distance. Feels good to be out of that wimp's body." White Knight said, annoying Madison.

Madison threw an electricity ball right at him, but he sent laser arrows back. Cameron and Cynthia fought off the energy warriors, but Maestro got in their way, sending a musical blast from the flute at them. They turned into zombies like Jake.

"Attack, my minions!" Maestro ordered, as Cynthia, Cameron, and Jake were attacking both the remaining heroes and enemies.

"The Necro Flute..." White Knight said, surprised. "You three, get that flute."

The energy warriors floated up, sending attacks at Maestro, scaring him. He tried to blow his flute, but Aramis blasted him with fire, sending him to the ground. White Knight then picked up the Necro Flute.

"Fool, you cannot play that! Only a music elemental can!" Maestro said, getting up.

"I can't, but my stone can." White Knight said, confusing Maestro.

"Come on Cynthia, it's me!" Audrey said, who was hurling boulders at her.

"It's no use!" Madison said, throwing an electricity ball at Cameron, trying to knock him back.

White Knight made the Necro Flute glow white from his stone, and he began playing it, taking control over the possessed heroes.

"Obey your new master." White Knight commanded, and they listened.

"...How is this possible? They are my minions!" Maestro said, cowering in fear.

"Nick and Audrey, cover your ears! We have to get that flute!" Madison said.

They attacked White Knight, as Audrey and Madison tried to slap the flute away with their mermaid tails, but the energy warriors sent quick blasts at them, knocking them aside. 

"Destroy him." White Knight ordered to the heroes and energy warriors, pointing to Maestro.

White Knight and the rest all attacked Maestro at once, with the ground exploding around him. He yelled, and his mask went flying from the explosion. Nick picked up the mask, which went flying to him.

"This could be a cool collectable." Nick said, surprised.

"Did he just...destroy him?" Madison asked, shocked.

"On the somewhat bright side, at least now that's one less prisoner to hold." Nick said, as Madison and Audrey had no words. "Hey, just looking on the somewhat bright side."

The energy warriors floated down behind, and sent the three flying in front of White Knight.

"Trent, whoever you are, don't!" Madison begged.

White Knight played the flute, turning the three into zombies.

"Duh...brains..." Nick said, possessed.

"At your service, master." Madison said, holding the heart.

Diggy watches the events from the bush, terrified, and contacts Broodwing.

"Uh oh, your plan went south for the winter. We have a problem, that White Knight stole the flute and vaporized the beast." Diggy said to him.

"WHAT?! Get that flute back, now, I don't care what it takes." Broodwing ordered angrily.

Zero is seen laughing with Darlene, ready to leave.

"You know, I had fun today. I'm feeling something. I think...maybe, I..." Zero was saying, making Darlene happy.

He picked up his bracelet, noticing the communications.

"Oh no...I missed their communications for a mission. I hope they are okay, I especially would feel guilty if they were hurt..." Zero said.

"I'm sorry, I distracted you. I'll come along and take the blame if they're angry." Darlene said, as they headed outside, meeting Tori.

"So how did it go?" Tori asked.

"We'll discuss this later, it appears the gang is in danger, and I missed their communications." Zero said.

"Aw man, I'm going to feel like a jerk if it was something serious..." Tori said.

As they walked down the street, the lights began to go out, and they heard an ominous sound. From both sides, zombified civilians were approaching them, groaning.

"What the..." Darlene was saying, concerned.

"Halloween passed guys, real funny." Tori said.

"Must destroy guardians and knights..." one mumbled.

"I am starting to think this isn't a prank..." Zero said.

"They look like zombies, I believe they're possessed." Darlene said.

From the crowd, the possessed guardians appeared.

"Thank goodness you guys are here, everyone is acting really weird..." Tori said, but they had no reply.

"Uh Tori, look at their eyes...they got possessed too." Zero said nervously.

"Oh jeez..." Tori said.

"Try to hold them off without hurting them, they are still people we know. Maybe we can get the heart from Madison, and transform you." Zero said, calculating.

"Sounds like a plan, anything will do right now!" Tori said, punching a zombified Bryan in the face. "Now that's one person I have no regrets hurting."

Darlene pushed some aside, as Zero powered up. He let out stun shocks at people, and Madison threw an electricity ball at him. He dodged, and it went exploding into a streetlight. She sent another blast, and he put his knight stone in the way as a shield. It suddenly began to glow, and Zero glowed like electric. The electricity flowed through him like a conductor. He sent a charge from his sword right to Madison, sending her flying, and dropping the heart.

"Wow, nice job doc, is that a new power?" Darlene asked, pushing a zombified Randy the Pizza Delivery Guy aside.

"Yeah, it appears my stone lets me absorb electricity, I'm immune to it! Tori, catch!" Zero yelled, tossing the heart.

Tori avoided Cynthia, who was making cracks in the ground under Tori.

"Even when possessed, she doesn't like me." Tori said, catching the heart. She was able to transform herself, and she flew up. She sent a water wave at the zombies on one side, washing them away through the street.

"Tori, maybe you can use your mind control powers to snap them out of it." Zero suggested, pushing more zombified people away.

"I'll try, but watch out!" Tori said, sending the remaining zombies washing away.

She avoided Audrey's gusts, and she floated up, trapping her in a whirlpool.

"Audrey, wake up!" Tori spoke multiple times, and she briefly snapped out of it.

"Tori? What's going on?" Audrey asked.

However, a flute blast was sent back to Audrey, turning her into a zombie again. White Knight appeared with the energy warriors and knights, who attacked.

"You defeated my first wave of minions, but there's more in this city to control." White Knight said, as he kept playing the flute. 

Nick tried to attack Zero, who kept groaning like a zombie, and Zero reluctantly tried to fight back.

"I theorize we need to destroy that flute he has." Darlene said, avoiding Jake and Cameron's slashes. "Watch it, I don't want to get physical!"

The energy warriors blasted at the road, as Tori and Zero sent attacks back at them. White Knight got closer, playing the flute.

"Don't listen to it...wait, that's it! Take these." Zero said, quickly tossing Tori headsets. He quickly took off his helmet, putting his on, and Darlene put hers on.

"Good call doc, even if he got close enough, we won't hear it!" Darlene said.

"Nice, these fit well." Tori said, jamming to them, and trapping Aramis in a whirlpool, sending it flying into Athos.

"Clever, but you will be obliterated. Keep attacking." White Knight ordered, as several zombie civilians got back up due to the sound.

"YOUNG HEARTS BE FREE TONIGHT, TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE-" blasted through Zero's headset, as he avoided the possessed heroes's attacks, hitting them back.

"This isn't exactly a fair fight, I think we need to get Mai and Ranen's help." Tori suggested, shooting water blasts at Cameron, Cynthia, Madison and Jake.

"Agreed, let's retreat. I just hope they aren't possessed too." Zero said.

He threw a smoke bomb, and they escaped. White Knight cleared the smoke, seeing they were gone.

"Find them, search the city." White Knight ordered, as the minions split up to find them.

Diggy is seen looking through Central Karmania frantically for the White Knight, with no luck.

"No luck, boss. I think he may have gone to the other side..." Diggy reported to Broodwing.

"I knew you'd mess this up." Broodwing said.

"It wasn't my fau-" Diggy was saying.

"Let them be possessed. When the moment is right, we can steal the flute..." Broodwing said.

Zero, Darlene and Tori immediately rush into the dojo in a hurry, explaining everything.

"This is a serious issue. I am disappointed however you would neglect their calls." Ranen said.

"It's not his fault, it was mine. I tried forcing them to date, and I distracted them from their duties." Tori admitted.

"No, it was partially my fault too. I shouldn't have distracted myself for so long either, as much as I like you Darlene, I do have a job." Zero said.

"I guess it's kind of my fault too, I was a bit needy..." Darlene said.

"It doesn't matter whose fault it is, we make mistakes, as have I. You need to destroy that flute, and they will go back to normal. I am more concerned on how that item was obtained..." Mai wondered.

"Regardless, I slipped a tracking device on the White Knight before we escaped. Let's intercept him here..." Zero said, reading a scanner.

Skipper is on his throne eating ice cream, and a soldier reports to him.

"Sir, we have two problems. One, we may have to accept that...Ramos could be gone for good. We talked, and maybe you should consider running for King officially soon, get your name in the ring to the public..." the soldier suggested.

"Hmm, okay, yeah...I'll consider it. What's the other thing?" Skipper asked.

"We've discovered strange supernatural activity here, a sound is turning people into zombies." the solider said.

"Aw jeez, sounds like someone found that flute. What do you want me to do about it?" Skipper asked.

The doors explode open, as White Knight and the energy warriors appear. They attack the guards.

"So you're the new king. You will join my army." White Knight said, pulling out the Necro Flute.

"Sure, okay." Skipper said uncaringly and tauntingly, still eating ice cream.

White Knight sent a blast at him, but he was unaffected.

"Why aren't you possessed?" White Knight asked curiously.

"Nice try buddy, that flute won't work on me." Skipper said.

White Knight sent laser arrows at Skipper, who barely jumped out of the way, burning into the throne. He played the flute, possessing all the soldiers.

"Find Professor Zero and Tori Mansen." White Knight ordered, as the zombie soldiers marched out.

"Thanks a lot, you ruined my ice cream, jerk!" Skipper said, seeing his cone was crushed.

As the zombie army marched outside the castle, Zero, Tori and Darlene waited.

"How did you find us?" White Knight asked.

"Tracking device." Zero replied smugly, as White Knight noticed one was on his shoulder, and he crushed it.

"Attack." White Knight ordered to his army.

"Darlene, get to safety! I don't want you to get hurt!" Zero said.

"I may be a scientist, but I'm not going to do nothing!" Darlene said, giving Zero a kiss on the cheek before he transformed.

"I feel an odd sensation..." Zero said.

"Just enjoy it dude, she digs you." Tori said, blasting Federation zombies away.

Zero attacked White Knight, clashing his sword with the dagger. Porthos sent a metal ball flying at Tori, who stopped it with her water powers, and sent it hurling back at it, smashing Porthos into a castle wall. The knights tried to attack Darlene, but she tripped Cameron, and sent him tumbling onto Nick. 

"Sorry..." Darlene said awkwardly, and felt the ground shaking under her. Cynthia made the ground crack, but Tori sent a water blast at her, knocking her aside. "Thanks!"

Darlene pushed more zombies away, and the White Knight sent laser arrows at Zero's armor, but he stood strong. He then formed an equation in his head, seeing the positions of the enemies. He sent a spark at Athos, who sent an ice beam at him. He got out of the way, which hit Madison, knocking her away. She threw an electricity ball right at Darlene, but Zero got in the way, absorbing it into his stone. He then transferred it through his body, running up to White Knight. He shot laser arrows, but Zero sent the electricity beam at him, knocking him down. He grabbed the flute, and was cornered.

"Attack me!" Zero demanded.

The energy warriors and guardians attacked all at once, and he got out of the way. Their attacks hit the flute, which exploded into dark ash. Everyone turned back to normal, extremely confused. Tori used the heart to make the girls power down before anyone saw, as did the knights. White Knight and the warriors also fled the area.

"I have a lot of questions..." Nick said, scratching his head.

"How did I even get here?" someone asked, walking away.

"Zero just saved you all. Nice plan, doc." Tori said, further explaining what happened to them, as many people left in confusion.

"Wow, me being a zombie sounds weird...and yet cool at the same time." Nick said.

"I am sorry we neglected things, I was just trying to do some matchmaking." Tori said.

"You saved us in the end, so I can't be mad. Still, nobody brainwashes me, that jerk..." Cynthia said.

"You have immunity to electricity Zero, that's cool! It's like we both control it." Madison said.

"So wait...are you and Darlene a thing now?" Jake asked.

"Does this answer your question?" Darlene asked.

Darlene and Zero kissed each other on the lips, as the gang watched in surprise.

"Stop that now! I don't want any public displays of affection here!" a guard yelled angrily.

They kept making out anyways, and stopped.

"It's been a long day. How about you come to my place again, maybe we can work on some experiments?" Darlene asked.

"I'd like that a lot." Zero replied, as they held hands, walking off.

"Wow, the professor is one lucky guy..." Jake said.

"So Zerolene is canon now, how sweet." Audrey said.

"...Zerolene?" Cameron asked.

"It's my name for their ship." Audrey said.

"They have their own boat? Can I board it?" Nick asked.

White Knight reports to Valina in the cave with the energy warriors.

"I'm sorry, sorceress. I had the item and an army, but I was caught off guard by Zero's strategic planning. Still, the original monster is finished..." White Knight reported.

"You found something of interest. It appears someone else is trying to take over Karmania. They obtained the Necro Flute and sent that beast... Who are they?" Valina wondered.

"I don't know, but I can't wait to find out..." White Knight said ominously.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Maestro (RIP - we hardly knew ye)

-Stout, Vito and Beethmore (from "Red") re-appear again, who have sworn their allegiance to Broodwing.

-It is revealed Diggy and Valina somehow know each other.

-The spot Diggy lures the guardians and knights into is the same abandoned building Cameron fought Drew at in "Friend".

-Darlene returns, revealing she and Zero have been hanging out. She forms a romantic relationship with Zero, making him the second hero to be in a relationship.

-Zero's stone gains the power of absorbing electricity, and he is now immune to it. White Knight's stone can also apparently tap into the power of elemental exclusive objects.

-Zero's headset broadcasts the songs "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers and "Young Turks" by Rod Stewart.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

This was a great episode!

• It was nice seeing Darlene again, and I liked seeing how her hints to Zero in the beginning went unnoticed (which is justifiable, because of his robot-nature).
  • The stuff with Diggy was alright, and I'm mostly wondering about the history between him and Valina.
  • I liked Madison worrying over Trent, and how Cynth was the one to calm her down about it. I'd like to fanwank that Cynth was thinking about Elana at that moment.
  • The girls watching in on Zero's date, and Tori assisting him was funny. I like the little sublplots that add much needed levity to the action.
  • The whole thing with the mystical flute was cool. Luckily, Tori and Zero weren't there to be infected. 
  • I loved Tori, Zero, and Darlene working together to turn everyone back.
  • And Zerolene is a cool ship name, lol. I'm glad they ended up together at the end. This episode certainly made a shipper out of me in regards to them.
  • OH, and that innuendo from Cynthia about what Zerolene were doing alone did NOT go unnoticed..lol xDDD. 
  • Like 1

43. Cowboy Nick

The heroes are seen at a Posidonia beach, but Nick is not there, and Flinn is there instead.

"Thanks for agreeing to help us, Flinn. It means a lot to Audrey." Jake said.

"I think he prefers "Prince Flinn"." Cynthia corrected.

"You can just call me Flinn, since I be a fellow teammate now. I was eager to help for a mission, especially since one of the lads is out." Flinn said.

"Speaking of, where is Nick anyways?" Tori asked.

"He went out of town for a family matter." Zero explained, as a flashback shows Nick leaving the dojo in cowboy gear.

"Welp, see you guys. Good luck protecting Mai, I have urgent family business to take care of..." Nick said.

"What's with the cowboy getup?" Cameron asked.

"I'm going a long distance through the brutal plains, so it's time Cowboy Nicholas gets some time to shine." Nick explained, turning his cowboy hat proudly.

"Where are you going?" Jake asked.

"To Pyrite Town, one of the oldest towns in Posidonia, and a big tourist attraction. My cousin Mirta sent me this letter, asking for my assistance. So this will be good character development time for Cowboy Nicholas, and good family bonding time, both at the same time...or times..." Nick wondered.

"Alright...good luck with that, Carson. We'll call in Prince Flinn to take your spot." Ranen replied.

Nick hops on a seahorse with a bag. He gives the seahorse a kick with his cowboy boot, and the seahorse neighs, riding off through Posidonia.

Audrey is seen looking at the ocean waves, and then looks into a nearby cave. The gang heads inside to see Mai with cooking supplies and a blanket, making her own food.

"Grandma, are you okay?" Audrey asked.

"Never been better, even though this cave could be better..." Mai said.

"We have to keep you safe, Valina is most likely going after you next. We'll be like your bodyguards." Madison said.

"Even if she finds me, there is nothing she can do to manipulate me. I'm one stubborn grandma." Mai said, eating food.

"At least they can't find you here-" Madison was saying.

"Think again." White Knight said, surprising everyone.

They turned around to see White Knight there with Aramis, Porthos and Athos.

"I need to stop talking." Madison sighed.

Nick is seen riding on the seahorse through a desert region, with the sun setting.

"How are you holding up, Nick Jr.?" Nick asked to his seahorse, which neighed.

"Cowboy Nicholas riding across the plain...nobody ever seen him, nobody knew his name...Wait, that makes no sense, I just said my name, so how could nobody know my name? This song won't work...eh, I'll go with this one..." Nick said, as he began humming a song, and the seahorse kept riding, with tumbleweeds blowing by.

He eventually makes his way to Pyrite Town, which is a dusty western styled town. He sees western styled fish looking miserable, hiding in the shade.

"This place looks a little less cheerful than I remember, hopefully Cowboy Nicholas's presence will cheer them up! ...Actually, in hindsight, Cowboy Nicholas just seems redundant. Let's just go with Cowboy Nick, yeah, that's to the point." Nick said.

"Yo Cousin!" a voice said in the distance, and Nick sees a girl, approaching her.

"Oh hey Mirta, it's been a while. And by a while, I mean like three or so years." Nick replied. She was wearing a western styled outfit, and had brown hair.

"I know, glad you got my message. I need family for this..." Mirta said, somewhat concerned.

"Is everything okay?" Nick asked.

"Yeah...come with me, this isn't a good place to talk." Mirta said.

Nick got off the seahorse, as it tried to prance away.

"Whoa there, you have to stay at bay." Nick said, keeping it tied at a seahorse stable outside. He heads inside a building with Mirta.

"Nice digs you got here..." Nick said, looking around at unique artifacts and other objects in the house.

"Yeah, I've been living on my own here. I moved here a while ago to help my old parents with their market. But there's been a problem, I need your help..." Mirta said to him.

"Sure, that's what cousins are for. What is it?" Nick asked.

She took him into another room, where Van Gordon, a blue sponge and another fish were waiting at a table, surprising Nick.

"Hello...comrade Nick." Van Gordon greeted.

Back at the beach, the gang powered up.

"We're not letting you take her!" Audrey said confidently.

Both sides attacked once, as the gang protected Mai. Audrey floated in front of Mai, guarding her. Aramis sent a blue fire blast at her, but Audrey sent a powerful gust at it, blowing the flames in half into the cavern walls.

"These are some...interesting enemies." Flinn said, looking at the energy warriors.

Madison was about to send a lightning ball to White Knight, but restrained herself.

"Wouldn't want to harm Trent, would you dear? He is still a part of me." White Knight taunted, annoying her.

"Doesn't mean we can't fight you." Cameron said, clashing his sword with White Knight's dagger.

"What is the story behind this rogue one?" Flinn asked, as White Knight sent him smashing into a wall.

"That's actually Madison's boyfriend Trent, who is Valina's son, our current arch-nemesis. He's currently trapped inside of the stone, they're two separate beings in one body." Zero explained to Flinn.

"...What a story." Flinn said surprised, and avoided a water blast from Athos.

"Two beings in one body...hey, that reminds me of Deckel and Gride. Whatever happened to them?" Audrey wondered, as Athos shot an ice beam at her, but she turned invisible. She re-appeared from behind, twirling Athos in a whirlwind.

"Do we even want to know what happened to them? Let's focus on these idiots first." Cynthia said, lifting rocks from around, sending them flying at the enemies like bullets, but White Knight resisted them.

"So do these things talk at all, or...?" Tori asked, referring to the energy warriors.

They just kept floating, launching more attacks, and Aramis shot an acidic blast at her.

"Taking that as a no." Tori replied, washing it away with a whirlpool.

"I'm okay with that, we don't need more bad guy banter, the evil knight's is enough." Cynthia said, using her telekinesis to lift up some of Mai's cooking supplies, sending it flying to him, but he vaporized them with laser arrows.

"Hey, you're going to pay for those!" Mai said angrily in the backside.

Flinn, Jake, Cameron and Zero cornered White Knight, who was evasive. White Knight sent laser arrows at Flinn, knocking him back. Porthos then knocked him out onto the beach with a metal ball.

"Hey, that was a cheap shot!" Jake said, jumping up to slash Porthos's armor.

"No worries, I'll never be put down permanently!" Flinn said, getting up.

He charged back, as Porthos shot light blasts, but Flinn deflected them with his sword across the beach. Cameron used his stone to power up his sword, attacking White Knight, but he just grabbed him by the hand and sent him flying into the wall. He approached Mai.

"You are coming with me, whether you want to or not." White Knight threatened.

"No thank you." Mai replied.

As White Knight looked at Mai, Flinn deflected one last blast right into Porthos's helmet, blinding it. It went smashing into Athos, which shot an ice beam at White Knight as a result, knocking him down.

"Wow, it's just like the domino effect." Audrey said.

"Alright Mai, I think it's time we moved you somewhere else." Madison said.

She opened a portal quickly, as they entered in, and it closed behind. The four warriors got up, as White Knight laughed. The heroes appeared at the Sky Kingdom, surprising the Council.

"Whoa, fancy place. So this is Karmania, interesting..." Flinn observed.

"Guardians and knights, what brings you here?" Cesare asked.

"We're kind of on the run, and figured this would be a good place to camp." Tori said.

"Valina's crazy henchman are chasing us to capture my grandma, so that crazy witch can brainwash her." Audrey said.

"Crazy indeed. However, is it truly them who is chasing you, or are you the ones chasing yourselves?" Tom asked to them.

Everyone was confused.

"...What?" Cameron asked.

"I don't get it, are you like trying to be philosophical or something?" Cynthia said.

"Don't mind him, he speaks in riddles that don't really amount to anything." Luna reassured.

"So like Mai's wisdom without any actual wisdom?" Tori said.

"Sounds about right." Mai replied.

Back in Pyrite Town, Nick was confused by Van Gordon's presence.

"What's he doing here?" Nick asked, referring to Van Gordon.

"That's Gordon, he's a treasure hunter. He's going to help out for the plan..." Mirta said.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, unless that's just me thinking of my other not so good idea, the muffin alarm clock... Anyways, sorry cousin, I don't know if you can trust this dude. I had a bit of a bad past with him, well "a bit" is an understatement..." Nick rambled, on edge.

"I don't know what happened between you guys in the past, but you'll have to work this out on your own. We need to work together to get this job done..." Mirta said.

"Forgive me, I know I did not so good things in past. I only was doing my job, hard to find work around here at time. After I got fired, I soon realize what waste of time it was, and how crazy my employer was..." Van Gordon apologized.

"Alright, well...I can't get mad at a guy for doing his job, even if it was a pretty bad one. But how did you meet each other?" Nick asked.

"I come to this town to search for the rare treasures. I know it is a very old Posidonian town, so I looked around here for the goods. However, I soon met your cousin in my searches..." Van Gordon explained.

"Alright, who are those guys?" Nick asked.

"I'm Charlie the Sponge, an average resident around here. I'm probably the most average resident." Charlie said.

"I don't need no fancy introduction, I'm Moe." Moe introduced, flexing his muscles. He had an eyepatch on his left eye and a stick in his mouth.

"Alright, and why are we here? Is this some book club?" Nick asked.

"You sure ask a lot of questions, don't ya boy?" Moe asked.

"You just asked one." Nick pointed out, angering Moe.

"Yeah, well, whatever..." Moe mumbled.

"You see cous', this town used to be thriving and fun, but it hasn't been so fun lately. We have a new sheriff in town, and he's a real dingus. He's a dictator, and scares a lot of us. He arrests people for no reason, and crime is going up because of it. Pyrite Town was once famous for its algae farms, but he claimed them all for himself, not letting any of the markets here being able to distribute their own algae. Without the algae, we can't make a lot of food here, and some people might starve, so yeah, it's a big problem." Mirta explained.

"How dare he halt production on one of our greatest resources? I'll help, lucky for you, you've got Cowboy Nick's strength on your side!" Nick said.

"I dunno, none of these guys look tough to me..." Moe said, unsure, when Van Gordon grabbed him by the shirt, lifting him up.

"Is this tough enough?" Van Gordon asked, as both looked angrily at each other.

"Calm down guys, we're on the same team here..." Charlie said.

"I'm tough, a lot more than you could imagine! I am a skilled cowboy, and knight...cowboy knight, yeah!" Nick covered.

"We got work to do, guys. Let's go." Mirta said.

Back at the Sky Kingdom, a portal opens, shocking the heroes. Valina steps out of it, holding her staff, and the warriors appeared by her side.

"Valina, be gone from here!" Cesare ordered.

"But I just arrived. I want to do some catching up with Mai..." Valina said, pointing her staff to Mai.

"It's not very polite to point, or come to places uninvited, Valina." Mai trolled, annoying Valina.

"We just redecorated from your last battle, let's try not to make this messy again-" Tom was saying, when Porthos sent a light blast right at the gang, and it kept going flying through the clouds. 

"Why do we even bother reasoning..." Luna sighed, as she sent out purple cosmic magical blasts at the energy warriors, knocking them back. The heroes attacked.

"Grandma, get to safety!" Audrey said, floating in front of her, and sending a gust at White Knight.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me." Mai said.

"I insist, come inside where it is safe." Cesare said, as he and Tom walked her inside away from the fighting.

Valina sent electricity bolts at the girls, sending them to the ground. Flinn sliced his sword at Aramis's body, scraping the magma rocks. Jake then charged at Valina, but she sent him flying into a pillar with an electricity bolt.

"Just surrender Mai, and we can make this painless." Valina bargained.

"This isn't getting us anywhere, I think it's time we retreat again!" Audrey suggested.

"Yeah, this isn't the best place to fight, plus, I don't want them to rebuild it again..." Madison said.

"Over here, I will create a shield preventing them from entering the temple." Luna said.

The nine got behind Luna, Tom and Cesare. White Knight and the energy warriors prepared attacks, and Luna let out a purple mystical shield around the temple entrances. Madison opened another portal, and they went through. Valina made her group disappear in a portal as well, confusing the council.

Back in Pyrite Town, Nick, Mirta, Charlie, Moe and Van Gordon are seen in the desert plains. Nick's seahorse was chewing on Charlie's sponge body.

"Do you mind?!" Charlie exclaimed, as the seahorse backed off.

"Gah, I hate this blasted wasteland! What're we looking for?" Moe asked annoyed.

"Over there." Mirta said, looking through binoculars.

They looked over a sandy rock, seeing two nematodes. One was holding a piece of algae behind, and "meeped" to each other. The nematode gave the other the algae piece.

"How do nematodes have the algae when everyone else does not?" Van Gordon wondered.

"That my friend, is the question. I've been seeing these critters around here lately, and they seem to have algae whenever I see 'em. Sounds like somehow they found a way to get the algae from the sheriff. Our plan is to find that way, and give algae to everyone in town. We need a plan to get those nematodes, and force them to show us the way." Mirta explained.

"Well great, let's go grab 'em." Moe said quickly, standing up and punching his fists together.

"No, as Cowboy Nick has learned, you need the element of surprise to reel in our target. Luckily, I got bait." Nick said, opening a bag.

He tossed out coral bait onto the ground, confusing the two nematodes. They sniffed it, and began eating it.

"Now do we goes in?" Van Gordon asked.

"Not yet, wait..." Nick said.

"Now?" Moe asked anxiously.

"No." Nick said.

They finished eating, and kept meeping to each other in a morse code.

"Sounds like some type of code..." Nick pondered.

"Forget this, I will catch one now!" Van Gordon said.

"Let's do it!" Moe said, as both jumped out.

"No, wait!" Nick said.

Van Gordon flew up in his jet-pack, and Moe jumped at one, but it dug underground. Van Gordon landed, trying to grab the other, but before it could dig underground, Nick threw a lasso at it, dragging it across the ground.

"Nice job partner, you caught it!" Mirta said.

"I could've done better..." Moe said jealously.

"Alright nematode, tell us where you get algae!" Van Gordon interrogated, scaring the nematode.

"Alright pal, we can do this the hard way, or my way, and neither is pleasant!" Moe threatened, grabbing the nematode, which was crying, but Nick grabbed it.

"None of those ways will work, we can't speak nematode... can we? I certainly can't, but I may try learning in the future. Anyways, just follow my method. Here's how we'll get the info out of him, by doing...this." Nick said.

He let the nematode go, and it ran off.

"That was your big plan, letting it go!?" Moe asked angrily.

"It's all according to plan. I wanted to let their guards down, capture one, and then surprise it by letting it go. You see, it will lead us right to where they are getting the algae from if my guessing is correct. That coral bait has a scent which Nick Jr. here can track!" Nick explained, hopping on the seahorse.

"That is...actually clever. Nice work comrade Nick." Van Gordon said, surprised.

"My cous' has some unorthodox methods, but trust me, he always knows what he's doing... I hope." Mirta said somewhat concerned, but still proud of him.

"Trust me, I do know what I'm doing. Cowboy Nick always has a plan. Now Nick Jr., follow that scent!" Nick ordered to the seahorse.

He gave it a kick with his cowboy boot, as it neighed and went racing off. Van Gordon flew up in his jet-pack, as Moe, Charlie and Mirta followed.

"How come they get a seahorse and jet-pack, but I have to walk my poor little legs-" Charlie was whining.

"Quit your whining dude, and get those feet in gear." Mirta snapped.

As the gang went ahead, a mysterious figure in a cowboy outfit approaches from behind, with their boots stomping into the sand. They let out a growl...

The heroes appear out of another portal, opening to Permafrost Mountain, with snow blowing everywhere.

"Not this place again!" Cynthia said annoyed.

"Aye, good thing this armor protects me from the sky's icy fury." Flinn said.

Another portal opened nearby, and Valina's crew appeared.

"How do they keep finding us?" Cameron asked.

"I'm not sure, but something isn't right. I feel something off about my power..." Zero said concerned, looking at his knight stone.

"Keep running, but sooner or later, you'll burn out." Valina said, launching lightning bolts from her hands.

Madison sent lightning bolts back, colliding, but Valina's overpowered Madison's. They went exploding into a tree, making snow fly everywhere.

"Environmentalists would not be happy with us." Tori said, shooting an aquatic blast at Aramis, sending it flying.

In the midst of the fighting, Porthos sent a light blast at Audrey and Cameron, knocking them aside, allowing it to see Mai. It floated to her, but Mai turned invisible.

"Wait, you can do that too?" Audrey asked, surprised.

"Yes, but not for long, it'll drain my energy. I was a Wind guardian too." Mai's voice said.

Audrey turned invisible too, standing by Mai's invisible form.

"They can't stay invisible forever." Valina said, as Cynthia sent an icy rock at her, but Valina vaporized it with a small bolt from her finger.

"This witch may be evil, but she be a skilled one." Flinn said surprised, deflecting an ice blast from Athos.

Audrey and Mai re-appeared, and Audrey sent an icy gust right at Athos, knocking it aside. Aramis sent a fire blast at Zero, knocking him into a tree. As Jake helped him get up, White Knight sent laser arrows at his armor.

"Attacking a man while he's helping a teammate, now that's low!" Flinn said annoyed, as he ran through the snow and attacked White Knight, clashing his gold sword with the dagger.

"We don't play fair." White Knight said, as Porthos hit Flinn from behind with a light blast, falling into the snow.

"Wow, nice back-shot, scrub." Cynthia said, throwing an icy rock at Porthos, sending it smashing into snow.

"This is becoming a waste of time, let's just get out of here." Cameron said, pushing White Knight aside.

"Yeah, maybe if we teleport twice, they can't track us... Maybe?" Audrey suggested.

"I guess it's worth a shot..." Madison said, as they teleported away.

The portal opened inside the Posidonia Fields High School gym. Thomson is walking by, and sees the flash. Madison then closes it, and opens another portal, as they go through it.

"This is starting to turn into a really annoying game of hide and seek." Tori said, as it closed behind.

Thomson enters the gym after seeing the flashes, confused, and rubs his eyes. He then shrugs and walks away. The heroes re-appear outside Mt. Spire's entrance. At first nothing appears, but suddenly a portal opens, and Valina's crew shows up, annoying the gang. 

"Don't even bother, let's keep going." Mai ordered.

Madison shrugged, as they teleported away again, with attacks shooting before they vanished. A montage happens, as they teleport to the following locations: Posidonia Fields Park, Mud Valley, Posidonia Sewers, and Crystal Town, while fighting against Valina's crew. They then appeared in the Pyrite Town deserts. 

"What's this place?" Audrey asked.

"Don't know, and goodbye." Madison said, opening another portal.

As Nick rides by on his seahorse, he briefly sees the heroes in the distance, stopping. He rubs his eyes to make sure he isn't seeing things, as they disappear into the portal. Mirta's gang stopped behind him.

"Is there the problem, comrade Nick?" Van Gordon asked.

"No, just thought I saw something, must have been one of those weird desert illusions." Nick said, as they kept going.

They eventually arrived to the algae fields, and with a camping pit nearby. 

"Algae..." Charlie said, feeling hungry.

"Yeah, algae..." Moe said, also feeling hungry.

Moe ran right to the fields.

"Wait, don't-" Mirta tried to warn.

Moe went slamming against something in front of the algae fields. It let out a vibration, revealing an invisible forcefield was around the entire fields.

"It's some kind of invisible forcefield..." Van Gordon observed.

"What the heck? Who would have the technology for somethin' like that?" Moe asked.

"I don't know, but somehow those lil' nematodes found a way to get through." Mirta said.

Moe banged his hands again on the invisible forcefield, and the vibration stopped at an ominous hole in the field, which had green glows around it.

"A hole...?" Van Gordon said curiously.

"That's how they got in..." Mirta deduced.

Moe reached his hand through the hole to get the algae, but couldn't fit.

"You're not going to fit through that hole, you're gonna need something sma-" Charlie was saying, as Moe grabbed him, and tried squeezing his spongey body through the hole. Charlie kept squirming, and Moe kept trying to squeeze him in.

"Come on guy, suck it in your gut!" Moe said.

"Come on guy, I'm a square sponge, and this is a circle hole!" Charlie mumbled.

"Yeah, I don't think this is going to work. Hey, who's that?" Nick asked, seeing the same mysterious figure from earlier sitting in the pit.

"That's the dingus. I hope he doesn't see us..." Mirta said.

"We cannot be seen, or we'll become arrested!" Van Gordon said.

"Don't worry, I can distract him. You guys try to find a way to get the algae." Nick said.

"Nick, I hope you know what you're doing, this guy is tough as rocks." Mirta warned.

"I think I can handle him." Nick said, heading into the pit.

The mysterious figure is seen eating algae with their sharp teeth, sitting on a log. A fish tied up in ropes was right next to them. Some cowboy fish with bandanas were patrolling around the area. Nick knocked one in the head with a canteen, and tossed them aside. The stranger then pulled out a paper, as Nick crawled around to overhear them. He was behind a rock listening.

"My revenge plan is coming along nicely... Step one, overthrow the town's sheriff, check. Step two, control the algae fields so I can take all the profit, check. Step three, destroy my enemies, and become King of Posidonia... unchecked." the stranger mumbled in a familiar voice, laughing. 

"Do you talk to yourself a lot? Because that's pretty weird dude." Nick said.

"Who are you!?" the stranger asked, turning around.

"I'm Cowboy Nick, your worst nightmare! Nobody steals the algae fields and rambles to themselves like a weirdo on my watch!" Nick said, and he threw another coral bait at their face. 

The stranger lifted up their hat to show Vexacus's face, who growled, surprising Nick.

"Wait, Vexacus! So this is where you've been..." Nick said, surprised, walking back a bit.

"Wait...YOU! It's been a while. You're one of the knights. I have to thank that girl for sending me here, you changed me...for the better. Because of you all, I control this entire town. I've been making a fortune by controlling the algae, and still doing what I do best, collecting my bounties..." Vexacus said, stepping on his prisoner's face with his left cowboy boot.

"Ow, you're really hurting my face man..." the prisoner said.

"Alright, the plan, gotta keep him distracted..." Nick said, briefly looking at the gang still trying to break through the hole.

Nick looked at his green stone, but didn't want the others to know his secret if he transformed. Vexacus pulled out his sword, pointing it in Nick's direction.

"Get the intruder!" Vexacus yelled to the cowboys in the pit, as they all approached Nick.

The heroes are seen teleporting inside Elana's castle, but Valina's crew arrived, confusing guards. Audrey let out a powerful gust at them to keep them back, and Madison launched lightning, opening another portal. This time, they appeared in a hallway at the Posidonia castle, and Madison closed the portal again.

"Yay, the royal nuthouse, just where I want to be." Cynthia said.

"We can't keep running forever, I'm afraid to say." Flinn said.

"He's right, we're going to have to make them retreat." Cameron said.

"They won't give up until they get my grandma, but that won't happen." Audrey said, and Mai felt bad.

"Let's give them all we got then, no running." Jake said.

Another portal opened, as the gang accepted what was about to happen, getting ready to fight. Valina and her gang appeared.

"Seriously, HOW do you keep finding us!?" Tori asked.

"The knight stones would know." Valina said, confusing them.

"What are you saying?" Jake asked.

"Remember when Deckel took your stones? He gave them to me, so I could improve the White Knight. I put a spell on them allowing me to know where the knights are." Valina explained.

"That's not creepy." Jake said.

"Dang, someone's been twenty steps ahead." Cynthia said.

"A spell? Maybe Flinn could break it..." Audrey suggested.

"I don't know if I can break all, but it's worth a shot!" Flinn said.

He sent out golden slashes onto their stones, breaking dark pulses off.

"I think it worked." Cameron said.

"Alright, now let's get out of here-" Cynthia was saying.

"It doesn't matter now, because we'll still find you without them." White Knight threatened.

"Fine, no more running. Let's just settle this here, because I don't think I can keep opening portals forever." Madison said, noticing the heart seemed a bit duller in color.

However, they suddenly heard footsteps coming from down the hallway. Brak and Deckel both walked into the area, surprising the heroes.

"Speaking of Deckel..." Tori said.

"Now what do we have here?" Brak asked, smiling.

"It's Deckel and... that other guy we don't know the name of!" Audrey said surprised.

"Looks like we have some uninvited guests, having a little party? Mind if we join?" Deckel asked, laughing.

"What are you doing here?" Zero asked.

"After you rudely destroyed the Battlestar base, we had to go into hiding. We made our way here..." Deckel explained, as a flashback shows Brak and Deckel getting out of the Battlestar base's ruins. Deckel cuts through the air with his sword, opening a portal, as they arrived in Posidonia Fields. They made their way to the castle, where soldiers gave them medical treatment for their injuries.

"Glad you could come, now all of our enemies are here for the taking." Brak said, readying his staff, and shooting out electricity from both ends of it.

"Great, just what we needed, more people to fight." Tori said annoyed, shooting an aquatic blast at Deckel, who sent a magical slash back at it with his sword, with droplets flying everywhere.

Brak attacked both White Knight and Jake at the same time, sending them flying to the ground with stuns from his staff. Flinn attacked Porthos, deflecting a light blast which destroyed a vase in the hall. 

"Just give up Audrey, things can be easier if you surrender Mai to me." Valina said, approaching Audrey.

"Nah, we're good. I'm not something you can surrender anyways. I've actually liked the sight-seeing we've been doing, I've got enough energy to keep going." Mai trolled, annoying Valina.

Valina sent an electricity blast at both, but they turned invisible. Audrey punched Deckel in the face while invisible, and twirled him in a gust, sending him smashing into Athos, which shot an ice beam at Flinn, who deflected it at White Knight. Deckel got up angrily, sending slashes everywhere, but Audrey sent him flying again with a gust.

"Okay, I am getting...VERY IRRITATED!" Deckel yelled.

His tattoo then glowed, making Gride appear.

"Let me handle this, you imbecile!" Gride said, looking through the hall with his dragon eyes.

He then grabbed Audrey with a claw, making her re-appear, along with Mai. Gride stared at Audrey's eyes, slowly turning her into stone.

"Grandma!" Audrey yelled.

Brak deflected a light blast from Porthos, which hit Flinn, who was protecting Mai, and he fell to the ground. White Knight laughed, as he grabbed Mai, who didn't seem to care much.

"No!" the heroes yelled, as Flinn attacked Gride, freeing Audrey. 

"Let's get out of here." White Knight said, tossing Mai in front of Valina, who smiled.

"Indeed." Valina said, as her crew teleported away with Mai. Cameron, Audrey and Zero jumped at her, but she was gone.

"Let's finish them!" Gride said, powering up the sword.

"No, grandma! Where could they have gone?" Audrey saked.

"No worries, I put a tracking device on Mai in case this happened. She knew." Zero said, reading his scanner.

"Thank you so much doc, you're a miracle!" Audrey said.

"Hmph, whatever. Go rescue the old lady, I don't care." Brak said, shrugging.

"What, why don't we just finish them!?" Gride asked.

"Let them destroy each other, this isn't my fight...for now." Brak said, walking away. Gride ignored him, letting out a magical slash from the sword. The heroes teleported away in the portal, making Gride growl.

Back at the pit, Nick was surrounded by cowboys and Vexacus. The cowboys pulled out small pistols.

"I hope those aren't loaded, which they probably are." Nick said.

"It is over, fool. Just turn yourself in, or perish..." Vexacus threatened.

"You know, do you guys even want to work for him? You could do so much more in life! You, guy over there, I think you could become a dancer, yeah... I see it!" Nick stalled, talking to a henchman.

"You really think so?" they asked.

"Ignore his blabbing, finish him!" Vexacus ordered.

They were about to fire, when Van Gordon came flying down in his jet-pack, smashing one to the ground. Moe, Mirta and Charlie also jumped down, beating up the henchmen.

"What!?" Vexacus yelled, as all the henchmen were quickly beaten up by the gang.

"Ouch." one moaned.

"You guys came to save me!" Nick said, impressed.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we?" Mirta asked, kicking a henchman.

"We gave up trying to get the algae, so yeah." Charlie said.

"Yes, we help ally in need." Van Gordon said.

"Thanks, now let's put him behind bars!" Nick said.

Vexacus charged at Nick with his sword, but his stone glowed, making him hold onto the sword tight, confusing Vexacus. Nick kicked him in the stomach, and grabbed the sword. Nick tossed it in his face, as it fell to the side. Nick tried to punch Vexacus, but he grabbed onto his fist, and began to twist it. Van Gordon and Moe both tapped on Vexacus's shoulder, and he turned around.

"Wait, what are you doing h-" Vexacus was about to ask to Van Gordon, when both Van Gordon and Moe punched him right in the face, and he fell to the ground out cold.

"We're free!" the prisoner said, as Mirta freed them from the ropes.

"Thanks guys! I guess you have changed after all, Mr. Gordon..." Nick said to Van Gordon, shaking his hand.

"I hope that was proof...comrade Nick." Van Gordon said.

"You can call me Cowboy Nick...actually no, Nick is just fine, yeah. So what are we going to do with him?" Nick asked.

Vexacus is seen in a jail cell at the sheriff station.

"I'll get out of here, if it's the last thing I do! This isn't over!" Vexacus vowed.

"So who's gonna be the new sheriff?" Moe asked.

"Dunno, hopefully someone better than him. Thanks for coming out to help us cousin." Mirta said.

"Uh, you guys realize we still didn't get any algae right, and that thing is still around it?" Charlie pointed out.

"That is true, but we finds weakness in forcefield. Maybe it can help us find way to get rid of it." Van Gordon said optimistically.

"Good luck with that, but it's time I get back home. See y'all, Cowboy Nick has other friends he needs to see." Nick said.

He waved goodbye to them, riding off on his seahorse.

Valina is seen at her cave, with the warriors outside guarding it. She looks at Mai, who is behind electrical bars in a rock like jail.

"Boring hangout spot you got, needs a lot more decorations." Mai said.

"Now then, join us. We can get the band back together." Valina said, as Cassidy's ghost and the possessed Briar appeared by her side.

"No thanks, the old group had its time. Besides, I'm too old for it anyways, my back is killing me..." Mai said, feeling it.

"I can make you young again." Valina said, making Mai glow, showing her younger teenage self.

"Eh, youth is overrated. I like being old, take advice from me. You can't stay young forever." Mai trolled, and went back to normal.

"I don't care, I will find a way to make you join me, whether you like it or not." Valina said angrily.

"Maybe you could find a replacement. Perhaps put a help wanted sign outside this cave, it works for our restaurant." Mai trolled, irritating Valina.

"Stop messing with me!" Valina said, staring at her angrily.

"There's nothing you can do, give up. The only way you could get me to join is if there was some cheap clone of me, but luckily, I'm one of a kind." Mai bragged, making Valina smile.

The heroes approach the cave, but strangely Valina and her group were gone. Mai came out of the shadows, and Audrey hugged her.

"They gave up already?" Flinn asked.

"Like Mai said, she is one stubborn grandma. Guess not even Valina could manipulate her." Madison said.

"I'm glad you're okay." Audrey said to her.

"Ha, yeah, me too..." Mai said oddly to her.

The gang is seen back at the Golden Seahorse, and Nick enters in.

"I'm back!" Nick said.

"How was the trip?" Zero asked.

"It was quite an adventure, with lots of western action, along with some bonding time with family and strangers. But uh, that story will have to wait for another time. Did you guys do anything interesting?" Nick asked.

"Not particularly, just got chased by Valina and her cronies, but we showed them." Cynthia reassured.

"Valina thought she could possess my grandma, but she didn't give in." Audrey said, smiling.

"Yeah, everything's fine..." Mai said, but had a concerned look.

"I took your place while you were gone lad, it was fun, albeit slightly annoying. Glad I got to help you out. Oh, and I'll need your stone, turns out that witch put a curse on it that allowed her to track us." Flinn said.

"Yikes, that's pretty creepy."  Nick said, handing it to Flinn.

Nick looks out a window.

"Cowboy Nick had a pretty big adventure today. I met my cousin again, and helped her take down an old enemy. There's still one unresolved mystery though. Where did that hole come from? Oh, uh...hey, are you hearing my subconscious?" Nick said in his head.

The nematodes take algae out of the hole in the forcefield, and go through a trail with the algae. The trail leads to a cave, as the nematodes drop the algae in front of Ramos, who is sitting on the spider crab like a throne with the jellyfish behind. He holds his mini-staff, smiling.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Mirta, Charlie the Sponge, and Moe

-Area Debuts: Pyrite Town

-First time Van Gordon appears without Doyle.

-Mai's usage of the invisibility power confirms she controlled Wind like Audrey when she was a guardian.

-Nick's "Cowboy Nick" persona was first mentioned in "Switch".

-It is revealed when Valina had possession of the boys's knight stones in "Eyes", she put a curse on them allowing her to track them in this chapter (although Flinn removed it).

-Locations the heroes visited during Valina's chase (in order): Posidonia Fields Beach, Sky Kingdom, Permafrost Mountain, Posidonia Fields High School, Mt. Spire, Posidonia Fields Park, Mud Valley, Posidonia Fields Sewers, Crystal Town, Pyrite Town, Elana's castle, and Posidonia's Castle.

-

Vexacus returns, revealing he was sent flying from Elana's light blast to Pyrite Town, where he became their sheriff.

That was the last chapter of 2016, but we'll be back January 7th to continue the rest of the season. Have a happy holidays, and there's a lot of awesome stuff coming up next year.

• Like 3

Amazing and one of funniest episode i read, and it's good to see Van Gordon again to help Nick tag along with his cousim. the heroes, Val & Brak has an intense fight throughtout the episode. Something tell me Mal plans to trick on them of their own sleeves seems fishy with her, but we'll see.

Overall, it was great way to end 2016. see ya in 2017 :plankton2:

• Like 2

Wonderful episode! It was great to see Nick out in the West. Him assuming a leadership role brought out something new in him, definitely, and that plan with the seahorse tracking the nematodes was well thought out. Also, it was great seeing Vexacus, Gordon, and especially Flinn again. The plot with the heroes protecting Mai was also enjoyable as they jumped through different locations across the series. Overall, Season 2B has seen some quality episodes, and I can't wait for the last block to begin in '17 :) .

• Like 3

Ha. Mai trolled. Looks like she's keeping up with today's youth. I liked the plot with Nick especially and the return of Deckel. Ramos in this season reminds me of Ludo from Star vs. the Forces of Evil. I wonder if that's the first reference to said show that's fully intended. 

And yes, farewell until next year, Mystic Guardians. You helped ease the pain of 2016's roughness. We'll miss you till we meet again.

• Like 3

44. Kingdom Come

At the algae fields in Pyrite Town, the ground quakes, and multiple tremors happen. Cutting to beneath the fields, Ramos is seen being blasted by the mini-staff across the caverns back and forth, trying to control the item. He screams as it keeps sending him flying, and he goes crashing down below. The spider crab and jellyfish look at him from behind burnt rocks, and green flames were all over the cave.

"Ugh...I can't control this thin-WAAAH!!!" Ramos yelled, as it sent him flying through the rocky wall again. He crawled out, groaned, and then held out the mini-staff angrily by the skeleton arm.

"WHY WON'T YOU WORK!?" Ramos yelled angrily to it.

However...the mini-staffsuddenly began to make weird glow noises, which Ramos heard.

"Huh? You...can talk? Am I crazy...no, I hear your voice. Tell me your secrets!" Ramos spoke to the gem, hearing a voice inside of it.

It made odd noises again, and Ramos heard.

"Who...is Valina?" Ramos asked to it.

It spoke again to him.

"Oh right...that weirdo I gave the stone to. But I don't want to see her! What could she possibly have?" Ramos asked.

It made more noises to him, making Ramos gasp.

"She is trying to take over Karmania, AND she took the princess's power!? Not on my watch, I'll take back the power she stole, destroy her, and the guardians! I must have revenge on the brats that sent me here, I've been in hiding too long. ...Wait, that's it...could they be fighting her too? Maybe I can destroy both my threats together, if you can find them... Really? Excellent! Crab, jelly, pack your things.... WE'RE GOING TO CATCH A SORCERESS!" Ramos yelled to them creepily, laughing maniacally.

Mai is seen sleeping at night, when she hears something strange in her dreams.

"You are a doppel." Valina's voice echoed, making Mai wake up, looking around confused and concerned. 

The heroes are seen the next day in the Golden Seahorse, talking to Mai and Ranen.

"So who is the last old guardian? The Council said there was five." Madison asked.

"The fifth one is named Peyton, but she is not easy to get to. You will need the Council's help to find her. Valina is likely planning to find her next as well." Ranen said.

"Let's go then." Jake said.

"At least my grandma is safe." Audrey said, making Mai smile oddly.

"Of course child, run along now and do your mission..."  Mai said.

"Mother, the cash register won't open again!" Audrey's dad said annoyed.

"I'll fix it..." Mai said strangely.

"Are you okay?" Audrey asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Listening to him can drive me crazy..." Mai said, walking off.

The heroes are seen at the Sky Kingdom, in front of the Council.

"You have done well guardians and knights. Now you need to protect Peyton from Valina's grasps." Luna said.

"If we could protect Mai, I'm sure this will be a piece of cake. Where is she?" Cynthia asked.

"She is the current queen of Soundaria, a kingdom of music far north of Central Karmania. It is a long walk on foot, but we'll open a portal to it, that way it'll be registered into the heart." Cesare explained, opening a portal with his hand.

"How did she become the queen?" Madison asked.

"Peyton had a strong connection to the element of Music. One day, after Peyton and the old guardians saved Soundaria from a threat, the residents were loyal to them, but especially Peyton. Sometime later, they asked Peyton to be their ruler, in need of protection to avoid future threats. She decided to stay behind, still acting as Soundaria's queen to this very day for the past ten years." Luna explained.

"Dang, she just left everything behind in Posidonia to protect a magical kingdom?" Audrey asked.

"Sounds just like...Elana, huh." Cynthia realized.

"She knew the big responsibility she was taking. Now go, protect her in case Valina goes there to manipulate her." Cesare said.

"Another day of bodyguard duty, fun." Tori said.

"Wait, she controlled the element of Music? Surprised she even wanted to be queen of it, since Music elementals are considered weak." Jake said.

"Just because others might view something as weak doesn't mean she does. Maybe there's hidden potential in the element you have yet to see." Tom said.

"I should also warn you in advance she can be...stubborn to work with. She tends to prefer working alone." Luna warned.

"Great." Tori said sarcastically.

They went through the portal, arriving in Soundaria. They appeared in a purple forest, as the trees had music notes carved into them, and they glowed. They heard a multitude of different songs through the air, looking up at the sky to see clouds shaped like musical notes.

"This place looks so beautiful..." Audrey said.

"We've never been here before, so finding this Peyton lady is going to be like finding a needle in a noisy haystack." Nick said.

"Let's get searching then." Madison said, as they powered up.

Mai is seen in the Golden Seahorse kitchen making food. She takes out a tray into the dining area, to see Valina sitting at a table, surprising Mai. She nearly dropped the tray, but held on.

"You are a heart doppel." Valina said coldly, confusing Mai.

"What are you talking about?" Mai asked.

"You are not real. I created you, and you had no idea. The real you is trapped inside my staff..." Valina said.

A flashback is shown from "Cowboy Nick":

"There's nothing you can do, give up. The only way you could get me to join is if there was some cheap clone of me, but luckily, I'm one of a kind." Mai bragged, making Valina smile.

Valina waves her staff, and absorbs Mai inside of it. Mai is seen inside the gem with Elana, both worried. Valina waves it to create a doppel of Mai, as she teleports herself and her allies in the cave away. The heroes then find the Mai they rescued at the end of the previous chapter.

The Mai doppel gasps upon realizing this.

"This cannot be..." Mai's doppel said.

"It is, you have all of her memories, but are just a clone. Since I cannot get her to join me, I am going to spread the offer to you. If you do not surrender to me, I will bring harm upon your granddaughter, who I know you care deeply for." Valina threatened.

"...Fine. Just do not harm Audrey." Mai's doppel surrendered, putting the tray on the table.

"Your care for family is a great tool used to make you mine again..."Mai"." Valina said, possessing the Mai doppel like she did to Cassidy and Briar. She then got up, and the Mai doppel followed her outside the restaurant.

Back in Soundaria, the heroes kept traveling through the area, as they exited the forest and arrived at a large lake. A guitar shaped bridge was across it.

"At least nothing is trying to kill us here." Cameron said, surprised.

They looked at the lake, seeing music note shaped lily pads. On the other side of the bridge, a Karmanian was waiting for them, strumming a lute.

"Welcome to Soundaria strangers, here's a welcome song on my handsome lute!" they sang.

"Thanks for the welcome, I like this dude." Nick said.

"Do you know where we can find Queen Peyton?" Zero asked.

"Sure thing, the queen can usually be found in the club palace." the villager said, pointing north to a castle resembling a music club, and had turrets shaped like stereos.

"Thanks guy." Tori said, as they headed north.

"No problem buddies!" the villager waved from behind.

"The people here seem nice, maybe we won't have any problems..." Madison hoped.

As they approached the club castle, they heard a variety of music coming from the area. Around were beasts and villagers playing instruments, or singing, to add to the music around. Magical light balls floated across the area, acting like disco clubs, shining lights.

"A kingdom that's basically a club? This seems nice." Cynthia said, as they headed to the castle, approaching two guards in front. They held out guitars like swords.

"Halt, state your business strangers." one guard said, and Madison showed them the heart.

"The Heart of Karmania...it's the guardians! Come in." the guard said, opening the castle doors.

Diggy is seen serving food to his customers, when a hooded figure approached him. They grabbed him, going behind the trailer, startling Diggy.

"W-who are you? Is this one of Broodwing's friends?" Diggy asked, as they took down the hood to reveal Deckel.

"It's me, I need your help, Mr. Mole." Deckel said.

"You? But Broodwing told me you were gone, poof, vanished, along with the king's brother!" Diggy said, confused.

"We hid in the Posidonia castle, it was the only place we could go, and we couldn't let anybody else know where we were. As you can tell, I am a...rather famous person around these parts..." Deckel said, chuckling.

"Indeed, I doubt you'd want them to know you're here." Broodwing said, stepping out of the shadows.

"I really need to get a doorbell for you..." Diggy said.

"Deckel, join us. We must defeat the guardians and sorceress..." Broodwing offered.

"I suppose, since the Federation is slowly crumbling apart...without the king." Deckel said, when his tattoo glowed to show Gride, making Diggy jump.

"Do you even have a plan, Broodwing?!" Gride asked angrily.

"Yes, you and Deckel can turn people into stone. We can use your power to turn Valina, guardians, and knights all into stone." Broodwing said.

"We tried that before, and it didn't work!" Gride replied angrily.

"I said use your power, not use you. Give some of your magic, and I can turn it into a potion for Diggy to give to either Valina or the children, depends who the first customer is. Trick them into using it on the other side. However, the potion will instead turn everyone on the battlefield right to stone. All of our problems are out of the way." Broodwing said.

"Wow, that's a clever plan! Let's do it!" Diggy said.

Later, Diggy is seen standing around outside the trailer, waiting for someone. Valina then appears, as he gulps a bit.

"Hey there, I've been looking for ya." Diggy said.

"As have I. I just wanted to ask if you've seen the guardians and knights around..." Valina pondered.

"Nope, haven't seen 'em at all today, weirdly. They must be somewhere else...anyways, I have something to offer you, a powerful item to help your...plan, and for free." Diggy offered.

"If you insist, doesn't mean I'll use it." Valina replied, and Diggy held out a gold potion bottle.

"This right here is a powerful potion, it can turn all of your enemies into stone when opened and shined on them. It wasn't easy to get, but I figured it'd help your conquest..." Diggy offered, and Valina looked at it strangely.

"Where did you get this?" Valina asked.

"A merchant never reveals his secrets, now are ya gonna buy it or just stand there, 'cause there's a standing fee?" Diggy inquired.

"This could be surprisingly useful...but there's a small problem. The magical contents look as if it'd turn everyone in the area into stone, including me." Valina said, analyzing it.

"What? How is that possible!?" Diggy asked, faking.

"No worries, I'll adjust it. Thank you for your service, you'll be rewarded in my new world order...maybe with some cleaning supplies." Valina said, saying the last part under her breath, and walked away with the potion.

Deckel overheard the conversation from behind a tree.

"Uh oh, looks like the plan has a breach...wait, no, what are you doing!?" Deckel panicked, as the tattoo glowed, and Gride appeared.

"I'll improvise my own plan!" Gride said, pulling out the sword.

He jumped out at once and attacked Valina, who dodged the sword slash. 

"Who are you, fiend!?" Diggy acted, pretending not to know him, and fell to the ground.

Broodwing is seen watching this from atop a tree.

"What is that fool doing!?" Broodwing asked.

"You're Deckel's beast form, aren't you?" Valina recalled, shooting a lightning bolt at him.

"I am Gride, and I'll finish you right here!" Gride bragged, making his eyes glow, trying to turn her into stone, but Valina quickly struck an electricity bolt right at his eyes, knocking him back. "GAHH!!!"

Broodwing flew down in front of Valina. Diggy cowered away, still acting.

"Help me Valina, they must be thieves trying to steal my merchandise!" Diggy improvised.

"Or they want to destroy me." Valina replied, as Broodwing tried to punch her, but she sent him flying into a tree with a lightning blast.

She grabbed Gride, and teleported away. Broodwing got up angrily.

"Looks like I overestimated her, and I overestimated Gride's competence..." Broodwing said annoyed.

"In hindsight, I probably should've charged her..." Diggy wondered.

Valina teleports into the Posidonia castle dungeon, in front of the cell where Deckel was once imprisoned in. She throws Gride to the ground, who transforms back into Deckel. She opens the cell and throws him back inside.

"It didn't have to be this way, I released you twice, and you betrayed me. Oh well, my time is coming. You abandoned me, so I'll abandon you. One less obstacle out of my way. You can rot back in this cell like the criminal you are. Don't bother trying to open a portal, I took away all the magic I gave you." Valina bragged, holding it in her hand.

Deckel tried to cut open a portal with his sword, but to no avail. Before he could jump out, Valina closed the cell, and Deckel banged on it angrily.

"You won't get away with this, I'll get out of here...somehow!" Deckel said.

"Good luck with that, since it's not like anybody will come down here anytime soon." Valina said, referring to all the empty cells.

She laughed and teleported away again. Deckel banged on the metal door with his fist, and opened the watch to Gride's face.

"Thanks a lot, "friend"..." Deckel said.

"At least I took initiative, we'll find a way out!" Gride said.

"If someone ever comes down here again..." Deckel said, somewhat concerned.

The heroes entered into the club castle, as lights flashed everywhere. There was a catwalk in front, with beasts and villagers watching off to the side. They wore fancy rich clothes, cheering. Lights shined onto the catwalk, and Peyton appeared out of the shadows, who looked like a model. She appeared wearing headphones, with a red visor across them, wore purple and blue clothes, held onto a purple magical staff with a microphone on the end.

"Hello my people, it's me, Queen Peyton!" she greeted into the microphone, and blew a kiss with her hand at the audience.

"Wow." Cynthia said, impressed.

"So we're protecting a diva?" Tori asked.

"So an older version of Cynthia?" Madison joked, and Cynthia jokingly hit her, as the audience kept cheering for Peyton.

"Hey, we're the new guardians and knights, and we're here to protect you!" Madison shouted, as she heard this.

She stopped showing off to the crowd, and approached them at the end of the catwalk, making her red visor go into the headphones.

"Protection? From what?" Peyton asked, as she waved her hand to stop the music.

"We're here to protect you from Valina, she is going to try to brainwash you. She did it to Briar." Madison explained.

"...She still exists, huh? Figured she'd show her face again." Peyton replied.

"Don't worry, we're going to be your bodyguards, and protect you from her." Jake said.

"I appreciate the help children, but I can protect myself. I've protected this entire beautiful and musical kingdom countless times before." Peyton said.

"But you don't know what Valina is capable of now. She's really strong, and dangerous." Madison said.

"Also, we didn't really feel like coming here for no reason." Nick said.

"Plus, this is a nice kingdom you got here, I wouldn't mind staying." Cynthia said.

"Fine, I'll let you stay, but don't babysit me, I'm a grown adult." Peyton said snidely.

"On that note, I thought you were supposed to be 56, but you look like a lot younger than that." Jake pointed out.

"Don't tell me she used de-aging magic stuff too." Tori said.

"No, you just need to know the right stylists like I do. I still am 56, so don't try hitting on me." Peyton said to the boys.

"I wasn't, but thanks for telling us." Cameron replied.

"Yeah, I wasn't either..." Jake said.

"And Zero here already has a girlfriend. I myself am not really into getting a girlfriend right now." Nick said.

"Alright then. This is my cool little castle, and everyone is invited to watch me. But I let others perform their musical talents and stuff here too." Peyton explained, as the audience began singing and playing Karmanian instruments for Peyton.

"I'm surprised you like using such a strange element like Music." Cynthia said.

"I didn't choose it, but you get used to it after a long time. It can be powerful if used right." Peyton replied.

"That's a cool staff you got." Audrey said.

"Yeah, this staff contains all of the magical power of Soundaria. Each kingdom has one." Peyton explained, holding onto it.

"Sounds like it functions just like the jewel Elana had." Zero said.

"Heh, "sounds" and we're in a music kingdom...I get it, funny pun." Nick said.

"That wasn't intentional, but sure Nick, you can interpret it that way." Zero replied.

"At least there's no crazy monster attacks or crime here, lovely kingdom you got." Cynthia complimented.

"Being so faraway from the mess of Central Karmania, we've avoided its evil. This is a peaceful place, and I'd like to keep it that way." Peyton said.

"HEEELP!" someone yelled, running into the castle.

"What's wrong?" Peyton asked.

"I was playing my drums, when suddenly, these warrior guys begin shooting lasers everywhere, and it got turned into ash!" the villager said, crying.

"Sounds like White Knight and his friends..." Cameron said.

"Sounds like they followed you here." Peyton said snidely.

"Sounds like we jinxed her peaceful kingdom." Jake said.

"Can you stop saying sounds?" Tori asked.

They all went outside, to see White Knight, Aramis, Porthos and Athos attacking the kingdom.

"I don't know how they could've followed us, we've literally never been here before." Jake said.

"Valina has though, she probably created a portal. She had the power of the heart once too." Peyton said, sighing.

"Don't worry, we'll handle them." Madison said, as they all powered up.

"We batted them around yesterday, I'm sure this won't be a problem." Tori said, shooting a water blast right at Aramis, knocking it back into music fountain, dousing its flames.

White Knight sent laser arrows right to Madison, who sent electricity bolts right back.

"Interesting, another guardian who uses Aether. Just don't become crazy like Valina did." Peyton commented.

"Trust me, I won't." Madison replied, looking angrily at White Knight.

Porthos shot metal balls at the knights, who barely avoided them. Audrey sent them blowing back at Porthos, who vaporized all with light blasts. Cynthia made the ground rise up, trapping White Knight, but he smashed out of them with the dagger sword. Cameron and Jake fought off against Athos, who shot ice beams, but they deflected them with their swords, as one hit a villager's trumpet.

"Aw." they said.

"Sorry." Jake said, slicing at Athos.

Nick and Zero fought off against Aramis, avoiding fire blasts. Madison and Tori launched a combined electric and water attack at White Knight, knocking him into a stereo. As he got up, he fired laser arrows back, hitting Madison and Tori. Inside the white knight stone, Trent is seen in front of the White Knight, in the blank void, as they stared each other down.

"Stop hurting them!" Trent said.

"Make me." White Knight taunted back.

Trent ran up to attack White Knight, but he sent laser arrows at him, sending him falling back down onto the ground.

"You can never leave this place. You are trapped, and I control you." White Knight taunted to him, as Trent looked up angrily.

"I'll find a way, for Madison and her friends. I don't fully know what they are, but clearly they're trying to stop evil people like you!" Trent vowed.

"You are persistently brave, despite the odds against you. We'll see who wins today." White Knight replied, as back outside the gem, the heroes kept fighting the four off.

Peyton clapped her hands, and made multiple stereos shoot out powerful music waves, knocking all four down.

"See, controlling sound and music around you can be useful." Peyton bragged.

"Show-off." Cynthia mumbled, trapping the four in rocks.

However, electricity bolts were sent blasting at the rocks, releasing the four again. Valina showed up, holding her staff, and smiling.

"Wow, someone sure is insecure, I see we stopped ourselves from aging." Peyton said.

"I could say the same to you." Valina said, noticing how young Peyton looked.

"Like I said to them, you have to know the right stylist like me. I didn't use magic." Peyton bragged, annoying Valina.

Madison quickly shot a lightning blast right to Valina, but she made it stop with her hand, firing it back. 

"I really don't know if I can handle playing another game of protecting an ex-guardian while fighting off crazy witch's minions..." Audrey said, sighing.

"Yeah, this is going to get tedious." Cynthia said, shooting another rock at Porthos.

"Let's teleport out of here." Jake said, striking his sword at White Knight.

"Yeah, come on queenie, let's get out of here." Tori said, floating over to Peyton.

"No, I must stay here and protect my kingdom." Peyton argued.

"You might be protecting your kingdom all day with how these guys never give up." Cameron replied, jumping up to avoid a fire blast from Aramis.

"If you surrender her, this won't have to last all day." Valina bargained.

"No thanks, I don't want to work with crazy." Peyton replied, clapping her hands again.

She made a guitar statue let out powerful strum waves, sending them at Aramis, Porthos and Athos.

"It's amazing how you still control such a useless elemental power. I can give you a better one if you join me." Valina bargained to Peyton.

"Same old Valina, always so obsessed with power and wanting to be the best." Peyton replied back.

Valina kept walking towards her, but Madison floated down in front, shooting a lightning ball at her. Valina just grabbed it, and sent it hurling back to Madison, as she fell to the ground.

"You have much to learn." Valina said, and kept walking towards Peyton.

Peyton shouted "Guards!", as several with instruments came out of the castle. She used her powers to make all the instruments launch a combined sound wave, which knocked Valina back a bit. She then danced a bit, and let out a kick from her foot, knocking Valina down to the ground.

"Who's weak now?" Peyton asked.

"Wow, that was kind of cool." Audrey said, and blasted a gust of wind at White Knight.

"Not bad, but this is indeed growing tiresome..." Valina said, pulling out the potion.

"Uh oh, whenever an enemy of ours uses a potion, it never goes well." Jake said, fighting off White Knight with Zero.

"Don't worry children, I can handle whatever trick she has." Peyton said arrogantly.

"I'm not a "children", I'm 22 years old." Nick corrected, using his knight stone to jump up and attack Aramis.

Peyton danced again, sending a sonic boom to Valina, as Valina opened the potion. Madison tried to get up, but White Knight stepped on her mermaid tail.

"No, Peyton! Guys!" Madison yelled, as she sent an electricity blast to White Knight, knocking him off. The spark also went into the stone, as Trent is seen still facing White Knight in the void. They feel the area rumble, and sparks fly through the void.

"What was that?" White Knight asked.

"Seems like your stone isn't protected..." Trent said, as it goes back outside, and Valina throws the potion to Peyton.

"I'm fine sweetie, whatever this is can't be-" Peyton was saying smugly.

They all quickly turned around, as the potion let out a shine to Peyton, turning her and several guards into stone. The remaining guards tried to attack Valina, but she knocked them aside with lightning blasts. 

"Why couldn't she have just listened to us?" Tori asked, shooting a water blast at Valina, but she zapped through it with electricity.

"I knew we should've just teleported out of here!" Cameron said, as he powered up his sword with the blue stone, and sent White Knight to the ground. Aramis, Porthos and Athos were sent flying into a building by elemental blasts from the girls.

"Come on, let's save her!" Audrey said.

The heroes raced right to Valina and Peyton, when suddenly...a blade rips right into the air, opening a portal in front of the heroes.

"Now what?" Jake asked, as they stopped in their tracks.

Out of the portal, Ramos was seen on top of the spider crab, being carried by the jellyfish, and it landed onto the ground. The jellyfish opened up its tentacles to show Ramos, who smiled at them almost psychotically.

"Guess who's back? What fun...WHAT FUN!" Ramos yelled to them.

"...Ramos? You're back!?" Madison said surprised.

"Ramos is back!" Nick gasped.

"YES I AM!" Ramos said.

"We sent you flying away!" Cynthia said.

"Yeah, we all sent you flying away to somewhere like a rocket!" Nick gasped.

"...Yes you did." Ramos said annoyed.

"You look terrible." Cynthia said, referring to his beat up clothes.

"Great, another nuisance for me to deal with." Valina said, who approached the scene, showing her staff.

Ramos pulled out his mini-staff, as both him and Valina gasped.

"...You have a magic staff?!" Ramos and Valina said at the same time. Valina realized the gemstone was the other half of hers, although Ramos didn't.

"He's got a magic staff thing!" Nick gasped.

"Okay seriously Nick, that's getting annoying..." Ramos said to him.

"He's kind of right." Tori said.

"Wait...how does he even know my name? That's pretty weird, I've never formally introduced myself to him." Nick asked awkwardly.

"Wait...is that the other half of the cracked gemstone the Council mentioned?" Zero asked, analyzing it.

"How did an idiot like him find it..." Valina wondered to herself.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I found this bad boy in the wilderness! Now Valina the sorceress, you are coming with MEEEE!-" Ramos was shouting, as the mini-staff's gem sent him blasting back off the spider-crab. The blast was sent into the ground, letting out an ominous green cloud from the implosion. He got up, and shot green blasts into the air, which exploded down around Valina.

"No thanks, your staff is no match for mine, especially after I absorb the power of Soundaria." Valina said, as she sent a lightning blast to him, but Ramos fired a magical blast back with the staff, and they collided.

"Whose side do we take?" Cynthia asked, confused.

"I would say to let them attack each other, but she's about to absorb Peyton's power! You guys, deal with Ramos, we'll stop her." Madison said, as they nodded.

The girls flew up to stop Valina, while the knights avoided Ramos's magical blasts.

"Sick 'em." Ramos ordered, as the spider crab and blue jellyfish attacked the knights.

"I see he also got some new friends." Cameron said, as the jellyfish's stings hit his armor.

"From henchmen to...henchanimals? Strange upgrade." Jake said, slicing through the spider crab's web shoots.

"Out of my way, I must get the sorceress's power!" Ramos said, shooting a green blast at Nick, who ran out of the way, and it hit a guard instead, who fell unconscious to the ground.

"Oops, I really need to look what's behind me more." Nick said.

As the girls attacked Valina, White Knight and the energy warriors popped back up.

"Seriously, how many more distractions can we get in a day?" Tori asked.

"The world may never know." Cynthia said, shooting rocks at Aramis.

Valina looked at Peyton's statue.

"Tsk tsk. Your arrogance is a great tool used to make you mine again, Peyton." Valina said, possessing her through the statue.

She looked at Peyton's staff, and was about to absorb its power, but Madison sent a lightning blast her way. White Knight sent laser arrows at her, but she sent lightning colliding back. Madison charged right at Valina, who was about to grab the staff, and sent her tumbling to the ground. Valina kicked her off, and shot more lightning. Ramos was shot into the air by his staff, as it cut through the ground, knocking the knights aside. The spider crab jumped on top of Cameron, as he tried to push it off, but it wrapped him up in a web. The jellyfish picked up Jake and Nick, as they struggled to break free from it. The jellyfish tried to shock Zero, but it went right through him. He sent it back at the jellyfish, making it fall to the ground, letting Nick and Jake go. They cut Cameron lose, and attacked the spider crab, knocking it over. Ramos hovered down, holding onto the staff, and shot blasts at the girls and Valina.

"Sorceress, give me your power, or else!" Ramos threatened, shooting blasts from the staff, but she sent a lightning blast right at his feet, tripping him.

He looked up to notice her staff had a blue gem resembling his green gem, realizing in his head they fit together.

"Another gemstone..." Ramos said to himself, as she sent more lightning back at the girls, who were trying to hold off her and the warriors.

"I'd love to stay, but you can have fun with them. The power of Soundaria is mine." Valina said, absorbing the magic of Peyton's staff into her own. Madison threw another electricity ball, but Valina teleported away with Peyton's statue. She is seen outside the cave, with Cassidy's ghost, Briar, the Mai doppel, and now Peyton's statue. She looked at the battle through a portal.

"Let's sit back and enjoy the rest of the show." Valina said.

"NO! You let her get away!" Ramos yelled.

"We aren't even on the same side." Cynthia said, making the ground crack around him, but he shot a green blast at her, falling to the ground.

He fired a multitude of blasts from the staff, either hitting buildings, the warriors, knights, or the girls, leaving flames everywhere, surprisingly overpowering them.

"Dang, he's surprisingly decent with that thing." Tori said, shooting a water blast at him, but he shot a green blast through it, sending her into a tree. "Maybe too decent..."

"Ha, that was your pathetic water blast!?" Ramos mocked.

Madison was on the ground, and a piece of the club castle fell on her from the flames, as she struggled to get out. As the rest kept fighting off the spider crab, jellyfish, and the warriors, Ramos approached her.

"You, the heart keeper, Madison...I give you a choice. Join me...or die." Ramos threatened, holding his staff, pointing it at her, still struggling to break free.

White Knight saw this, and inside the white void in the gem, Trent was worried.

"There's nothing you can do. I am in control." White Knight said to him.

Trent felt the electricity sparks from earlier powering him. He then ran up and punched White Knight in the face, sending him to the ground.

"What...how, you have no power-" White Knight was saying.

White Knight tried to attack Trent, but Trent grabbed him by the arm, twisting it, and sent him flying into the void. As Ramos shot a green fire blast right to Madison, White Knight got in the way of it. The blast hit the stone, letting out a white flash.

From the flash, Trent goes flying out of it, with the white knight bracelet still on his arm.

"...What the???" Ramos asked, confused.

"...Didn't see that one coming." Nick said, and punched the spider crab.

Trent pressed the white knight stone, turning himself into a white knight as well.

"There's two now? I am confused on so many levels." Tori said.

"Let's use this to do something good for a change..." Trent said, using his dagger to shoot laser arrows at the debris, freeing Madison.

"Trent...you're okay!" Madison said, approaching him.

"Yeah, no need to explain the guardian stuff to me. I know everything. The White Knight told me all about you." Trent revealed to them.

"Well I guess it's no surprise I'm Jake then." Jake said, approaching him.

Audrey was hit by one of Ramos's staff blasts, but she sent a gust back, knocking him down. Madison sent a lightning blast right at Ramos, getting him off guard.

"AAH!" he yelled, as it knocked him into the spider crab and jellyfish, sending all three flying through the portal. She closed the portal with the heart.

"We still have them..." Jake said, referring to Aramis, Porthos, and Athos, who were powering up an attack. Valina was watching the events.

"Show's over. They served their purpose, and are ready for the ritual. I may have lost my son, but I still won." Valina said, opening a portal.

The portal absorbed the energy warriors inside of it, confusing everyone.

"This isn't over." White Knight said to Trent, going into the portal, which closed behind.

Aramis, Porthos and Athos are absorbed into the ex-guardians's bodies, and Valina let out an aether spell around them. They glowed, as Valina, Cassidy, Briar, Mai's doppel, and Peyton transformed into their guardian forms, showing their mermaid tails, and became young again. White Knight watched from off to the side.

The heroes powered down, including Trent.

"I have a lot of questions, but I'm glad you're okay." Madison said, extremely happy, and kissed Trent on the lips.

"Yeah, let's save that for later. I've got a lot of explaining to do..." Trent said.

"We promise we'll get Queen Peyton back, one way or another." Madison said to a guard nearby.

They exit out of a portal behind Ranen's dojo.

"Alright, so...what just happened?" Cynthia asked to Trent.

"I guess when Madison shocked his stone, it opened a crack in our personalities. When Ramos hit it, I was freed. Valina...or mom...trapped me inside of the stone when she left a weird portal open, and I got too curious. I had no clue I was the White Knight for the longest time, I'm sorry for anything I did to you guys." Trent explained.

"We forgive you, and I'm sorry too, we would've helped you sooner if we knew. Want to join our team?" Jake offered.

"I don't know...it's a lot to take in, I could barely believe it. I'm impressed you guys have been protecting another world, I just wish you hadn't kept it a secret. But y'know...I always suspected there was something more to you guys. I...need a lot of alone time though. Sorry, I don't think I can join your group yet. That's not what I want to do after being trapped inside of a stone, and finding out my mom is a weird evil sorceress." Trent said.

"Yeah, I'd want to clear my head too." Madison said, laughing.

"We still welcome you to the group if you ever reconsider. I'm Cameron." Cameron introduced.

"I'm Nick, Nick Carson, but you can just call me Nick." Nick introduced, shaking Trent's hand.

"I'm Professor Zero, or just Zero, or "doc", whichever works." Zero introduced.

"You seem like heroic people, but I don't think I'm one. I need to give it thought." Trent said, walking away.

"Yeah, I can't really blame him." Audrey said.

"Is anyone else concerned that there's two white knights now? I feel like that might be a problem or something..." Nick said, concerned.

"We'll find out later, we don't need to worry further. At least he's safe from Valina now, so we sort of won the battle today." Madison said.

Valina and the old guardian group are seen fully charged. She opens her eyes open, smiling, and holding the staff.

"The battle...has just begun." Valina said in a younger voice.

Ramos, the spider crab, and blue jellyfish go flying back into the cave. Ramos gets up, laughing, and looks at the staff's green gem.

"Guess what? She has the other half." Ramos said to it, smiling.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Peyton

-Area Debuts: Soundaria

-Peyton is the fifth old guardian, who controls the element of Music.

-Ramos is apparently now hearing a voice inside of his magical mini-staff.

-Strangely, Ramos somehow knows Nick's name despite never learning his or Cameron's in Season 1 (although it is possible he learned them off-screen).

-

It is revealed that Valina made a doppel of Mai at the end of "Cowboy Nick", and uses it to reform the old guardians in Mai's place. The real Mai is imprisoned in her staff.

-

Trent is freed from the White Knight, and there are now two White Knights since he still can still become a knight. He decides not to join the heroes right away, however.

-

Valina reforms the old guardian group, giving them their powers again, and making them younger. Aramis, Arthos and Porthos are sacrificed to help bring their powers back.

-

Thanks to Gride being an idiot, Deckel/Gride are imprisoned back in the old dungeon cell from "Eyes" (for now). Valina takes away the portal opening power and knight scanner immunity she gave him in early S2.

• Like 3

Never mind, THIS IS BEST EPISODE ever since Between Brothers.

I loved the battle between all odds, and the scene where Diggy being stupidity to get a bottle of spell (or position) to lure Val an/or the guardian into stones. Ramos returns in this episode is kind of fun seeing fighting against all odds.  Peyton as 5th guardian looks cool as well for being using useless element as a powerful is decent. Overall, that's dope & intense episode.

On a weird note, Peyton kind of reminds me of Rarity :P

• Like 1

This was a great return. I've missed MG. Let me start by saying that the music kingdom was a creative choice, and I like Peyton a lot. The battle scenes were well done, and I love the way you showed how powerful Music elementals can be. Also, the Mai revelation was pretty crazy, along with Ramos revealing himself to everyone mid-battle. A lot was certainly going on by the end of the battle scene, but I think you handled it wonderfully. The best part is obviously Trent being let out finally. I do get that he needs time to process all of this, but I wonder what that means for his relationship with Madison. Also, seems that Valina has some pretty insane plans coming ahead. I can't wait to see how this all concludes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

Peyton commentated.

I can't wait until "Peyton riffed". Very small bit of constructive criticism, "commented" would work better.

But yes, awesome to see this back in action! I loved how good of a fight Peyton put up using music and seeing Ramos back on the battle scene. I knew it was inevitable that Valina was going to succeed in completing the old guardian group, but yay, Trent is back! I wonder how he'll help out even with his rejection of the offer to join the group.

• Like 3

Here's a shorter chapter for a change (or at least I think it is, that's what wordcount says anyways):

45. Queen Valina

At PosidoniaCorp, Donald Bucklend is seen inside his office with Donny and Blyde. In a corner of the room is a figure hidden in shadows, as Bucklend turned his chair around.

"Thanks for meeting us here today Vastacoar, we had a problem with some magical mermaids, which I want you to help us with." Bucklend spoke to the figure.

Vastacoar stepped out of the shadows to reveal a tall, big shark resembling Vexacus. He had a blue diamond in his right eye, wore a ripped cape, and growled. Donny handed him a photo of Jake and Madison.

"Bring one of the girls to me, you can destroy the gentlemen with them for all I care." Bucklend ordered.

Vastacoar kept growling, and pulled out a tracking device. He scanned the photo, making the device show a blinking dot on a map. He then left the room.

"Thanks for giving us jobs at your company, sir. Can't wait to get revenge on those brats!" Donny said.

Bucklend watched the television in his office, showing Skipper announcing his campaign for the king election.

"My name's Skipper, you may know me as Skip, or the butler from the castle. I've decided Posidonia needs an independent voice, so I'm stepping up to the plate! Are you getting tired of the same old? Well, I'm something different, and a better different than that Bucklend guy! Now, I don't know much about politics, or royalty, or basic concepts, or the law, or uh, actually how to run a country...BUT I know this place has some things to fix, and I'll do it! Let's make this country great again!" Skipper said to some people outside the castle, as they cheered.

"But it's already great." a fish said.

"Yes, but I want to make it even greater than it is now!" Skipper said.

"That thief stole my slogan. Looks like I got new competition. I wonder where Ramos has been, he hasn't made a public appearance in a while..." Bucklend wondered, and pulled out money from his wallet, which he handed to Blyde.

"Starfish, take this." Bucklend said.

"Oh thank you sir, I can finally get myself some lunch-" Blyde was asking.

"It's not for food you fool, it's for my hair gel! I need this in perfect shape, here's the address, and bring back a receipt, I can never be too careful!" Bucklend ordered, trying to shape his hair.

Blyde salutes and heads off.

"As for you, get me some coffee." Bucklend said to Donny, handing him money.

"Yes sir!" Donny said, going off.

Jake and the girls are seen outside the high school, and Trent met up with them.

"Hey dude." Jake greeted.

"Hey guys, sorry if I went off in a rush yesterday. It's still a lot to take in..." Trent said.

"I don't blame you, I'd probably react that way too." Jake replied.

"How did Valina...or your mom, react at home?" Madison asked.

"That's the thing...she hasn't been home at all. Not even when I woke up this morning..." Trent said.

"That's not good." Tori said.

"Abandoning your own son? That's a new low." Cynthia said.

"If she doesn't care about me, then I won't care about her. I want to get her off my mind." Trent said.

"That's a good idea." Audrey said, as they headed inside.

Deckel is seen in his cell, slamming his hands on the metal door.

"Hello? Can anybody let me out?" Deckel voice echoed through the dungeon, as he shouted out from the small window.

He transformed into Gride, who growled.

"Let me try something, this is getting us nowhere!" Gride said.

He powered up the sword, and sent magical blasts at it, but they barely put scratches into it. However, Skipper heard the noise from upstairs.

"What was that sound that will soon be found?" Skipper wondered, as he walked down into the dungeon.

"Get us out of here!" Gride's voice yelled, as Skipper walked closer to Deckel's cell.

"Who is there? I thought all of the prisoners were gone..." Skipper asked.

Skipper then saw a glow from the cell window, as Deckel's face was shown on it.

"It is me." Deckel greeted.

"D-Deckel!? But how did you get back in there? Is this some joke?" Skipper asked.

"The sorceress Valina put me back in here, but you can be a good sport and let me out, Skipper. I promise I won't...turn you into stone or anything silly like that." Deckel offered.

"I suppose, just don't hurt anybody else. I don't care what you do to the guardians." Skipper said, as he opened the cell, and Deckel gleefully walked out.

"I don't care about them, I need revenge on the sorceress for putting me here. I will get rid of her once and for all..." Deckel said, walking off in a rush.

Later at school, Jake, Trent and the girls are seen eating lunch together. Suddenly, someone walks in through the doors, drawing attention from almost everyone. The younger Valina walked through the doors, surprising the heroes.

"Is that..." Audrey was saying.

"...Mom!?" Trent said confused, as she showed off her looks.

"This is a whole new form of weird." Tori said, as Johnny walked by.

"Hey guys, that's the new student, she's a Senior named Valinda." Johnny said, attracted to her.

"...Really?" Madison said, sighing.

"Wow, adding a "d" to your name, how creative. Jeez, I just realized how much I hate her red hair." Cynthia nitpicked.

Trent had a stunned face, not sure how to respond.

"Yeah, I'd probably react that way too." Jake said, as Valina kept walking by, giving their table a glare.

As she kept walking by, many students began falling for her. 

"Wow, you're amazing Valinda! Take my hat!" Luke said, offering his traffic cone.

"She's so beautiful!" Roxy said.

"I'm so famished, would any of you be so kind as to get me some food...for your queen?" Valina asked.

Many different boys and girls began crowding to the lunch lines, ordering food for her. She sat on a chair, acting like a queen on a throne. The students fought on who should give Valina their food, as the heroes just kept staring awkwardly. Rotwell then walked in.

"What is going on in her-oh my...welcome to our school!" Rotwell said, shaking Valina's hand.

"Does she have some love spell or something?" Audrey asked.

"Why aren't we affected though, not that I want to be because that's really creepy?" Trent asked.

"Maybe since we're guardians and knights." Madison said.

"Just another reason I'm really glad we have these powers." Tori said.

Valina then used her powers to trip a student, as their lunch tray went flying at the heroes' table, sending the food all over their faces.

"Whoopsie." Valina giggled.

"Dude...that is one gnarly chick." Gnarly Dewd said.

Later, after school, Audrey is seen at the Golden Seahorse.

"Bye mom and dad, I'm going to the mall with friends." Audrey said, ready to leave.

"Not so fast. Where is your grandmother?" Audrey's mother asked.

"I dunno, she should be around." Audrey said, confused.

"Maybe she went to the store without telling us." Audrey's dad wondered.

"Yeah, probably. She has to be fine." Audrey said, and left.

The heroes are all seen walking toward the Posidonia Fields Mall.

"So let me get this straight, Trent's mom is even younger, and everyone at school is hitting on her? Dude, that's really weird." Nick said.

"Yeah, I think going to the mall will help me erase it from my mind. This isn't what I wanted in my life..." Trent sighed, as Madison comforted him.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way to wrap this all up...I hope." Madison said, slightly worried.

"That's not making me feel much better, but at least you're there to help." Trent said, smiling.

"So wait, why are we even going to the mall?" Cameron asked.

"I dunno, I suggested it out of boredom. There might be some stuff worth buying." Cynthia replied.

"Why did you invite us?" Zero asked.

"I dunno, it might be a good bonding time, let's just shut up and hang out without worrying about Valina for a change." Cynthia said.

"I like that idea." Jake said.

As they approached the mall, a guard is seen outside the entrance.

"Welcome travelers to the Posidonia Fields Mall. However, let me warn you. One does not simply...enter the Posidonia Fields Mall. This place holds dangerous secrets, high prices that no mortal can handle, and wild animals flocking to get the latest merchandise. It may seem easy to step foot inside, but it isn't. Only the bravest of the brave can handle what is inside. It may seem like a normal mall at day, but be warned, there are things lurking when the doors are closed at night... Anyways, want discount coupons?" the guard offered, changing from a grim look to a smile.

None of the heroes knew how to react, and walked in anyways.

"Alright, let's agree to get as far away from that weirdo as possible." Cynthia said.

"No, come back! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE!" the guard yelled, as his face slammed against the sliding glass door, and he fell to the ground.

The heroes wander around inside, as many customers walked around. A flock of anchovies were seen at a food court, chowing down on food, "meeping". They look around at the stores, to see Agents Roy & Dilks walking out of one with bags.

"Oh hey, it's those agent guys." Audrey said.

"Yeah, let's hope they still forgot about all those shenanigans." Tori said.

"Or wonder where Elana is again..." Cynthia sighed.

"Hey, I thought this was just a fun stroll in the mall to get all this weird stuff off our minds." Madison reminded.

Valina is seen walking toward them from the front with the younger former guardians, and the possessed people following who are attracted to her.

"Guys, look ahead..." Zero said, as Valina attracted even more people at the mall.

"Wait...is that...grandma?" Audrey asked sadly, seeing the young Mai with the group.

"But...I thought we protected her?" Jake said confused.

"Something's not right..." Cameron said.

"Go on fans, leave me be. Shop for whatever you want, and only come back when you have the perfect gift." Valina ordered to the possessed students and townsfolk.

"Yes Queen Valinda!" they said, going off once. Valina approached the heroes with her group, giving a smug look.

"...Mom." Trent said.

"My son that changed sides, how unfortunate. No matter, I got the group back together." Valina bragged, as Cassidy, Peyton, the Mai Doppel, and Briar were seen in younger clothes, staring at them with possessed, blank looks.

"...Cassidy? I thought she was deceased?" Zero said, confused.

"My powers have grown so much that even death bows to me." Valina said, touching Cassidy's face.

"So is there any reason why you're here, or are you just going to stand there looking stupid?" Tori asked.

"I'm sure Audrey must be terribly upset and curious on why her grandma is here..." Valina taunted, making her upset.

"Hey, leave her alone. What do you want from us?" Jake defended.

"I just want to watch you suffer, as I have the town in my grasp thanks to my love spell. All your friends and loved ones will fall to me." Valina bragged.

On a bench nearby, Deckel is seen reading a newspaper, overhearing this, but staying incognito. His watch then showed Gride's face.

"Should we intercept them?" Gride asked.

"No, we're doing this my way. Patience." Deckel whispered, as he kept pretending to read the newspaper.

"Grandma, please..." Audrey said to the Mai doppel, trying to snap her out of it.

"Grandma, please! How pathetic!" Mai's doppel mocked, which made Audrey start to cry.

"She must be possessed, it's not really her." Madison comforted to Audrey.

"Aw, your grandma has betrayed you, and you are one of the girls who can't get a boyfriend, not surprised with those looks. What a sad day." Valina mocked, making Audrey more upset.

"I don't really want any part in this conflict, but mom, that's enough." Trent said.

"Who are you to question me? Especially a son that abandoned me..." Valina said, still annoyed.

"I mean, you did trap him inside of a stone, and had him be an evil knight without his knowledge, which is pretty creepy, just saying." Nick pointed out.

"Yeah, forget it mom, you've gone...insane." Trent said, and Valina had an uncaring look.

"Whatever, I suppose you will fall with them. I will break all of your spirits, and it's working on Audrey." Valina said, who still was trying to hold back tears.

"She is stronger than you think." Jake defended.

"Please, we all know she's falling apart. But you can end this, Madison. Let's have one final battle, tonight, after the mall closes. Swear you will not teleport out of it." Valina offered to them.

"...Fine." Madison agreed regrettably.

"Are we really doing this?" Cynthia argued.

"Might as well end this once and for all." Madison said.

"Are you going to have us fight your attracted zombies?" Tori asked.

"Ooh, I wonder if Queen Valinda will love this..." Bryan wondered, looking at boxes of chocolates to buy in a store nearby.

"No, that's too cliche. Just guardians vs. guardians, no knights please. I promise I won't bring anybody else into the mix." Valina said.

"A battle, eh?" Deckel said, still overhearing.

"Oh sweet, we don't have to do anything... Well, not sweet for them." Nick said, referring to the four girls.

"You can promise all you want, but that doesn't mean you won't." Cameron said, suspicious.

"I guess we'll find out later tonight. Tata." Valina taunted, walking off with the old guardians, and she waved her hair.

"I really really hate her." Cynthia said.

"Just don't kill her or something crazy like that, she's still my mom. Maybe she can still be reasoned with..." Trent said, unsure.

"It'll be hard not to." Cynthia replied.

"We'll still be nearby if you need back-up, I have a feeling she's got tricks up her sleeve." Cameron said.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked to Audrey, who was wiping tears from her eyes.

"Yeah...I just don't know how grandma could have joined her, it was all for nothing..." Audrey wondered.

"She must have casted a spell, that's the only way she could've joined her. Don't worry, it can't be actually her saying those horrific things, Valina is trying to get under your skin." Zero said.

Meanwhile, Vastacoar is seen approaching Jake and Madison's house. He holds out a chainsaw, and keeps growling. He looks at his scanner, and walks up to the door. He rings the doorbell, as Henry is seen in the recliner, annoyed.

"Honey, get the door." Susan's voice said from another room.

"This better not be one of those dang salesmen." Henry said, going to get the door.

He opened it, startled to see Vastacoar.

"Alright pal, what are you selling?" Henry asked.

"Tell me where Jake and Madison Landers are located at." Vastacoar spoke in a booming voice.

"Uh...are you one of their friends? Teachers? Or something else?" Henry asked, scratching his head.

"...They forgot something at school..." Vastacoar lied.

"Oh, well alright then, thanks for bringing it to them. You can leave it here." Henry offered.

"No." Vastacoar replied.

"Okay then, whatever suits you best. Say, that's a fancy chainsaw you got there, are you a gardener? We could use some help trimming those trees in the backyard..." Henry rambled, impressed by the chainsaw, as Vastacoar kept growling.

"Oh right, your question. They went to the local mall with their friends." Henry replied.

"Which local mall? ...Never mind, I got it." Vastacoar replied, looking at his scanner, and walked off, waving his cape.

"There's only one local mall around here, buddy. Must be new in town... Well, see ya!" Henry said, closing the door.

Valina and her crew are seen headed to the mall at night, when the guard stops them.

"Sorry ladies, we're closed. Besides, you don't want to be in here at night, trust me..." the guard said.

"Are you...sure?" Valina said, showing her face to him, as his jaw dropped.

"Uh, my mistake, come right in!" the guard said, unlocking the doors for them, as they headed in.

Deckel is seen lurking from out of the shadows, and smiled. He walked toward the mall entrance, after the guard went around the corner, and headed inside. Valina's group waited near a fountain inside the mall's main entrance. Deckel walked through the shadows.

"Here already?" Valina asked, when Deckel came into the light to reveal himself, clapping. "Oh, you..."

"Indeed it is. You thought you were so clever to put me back in the cell, but I have friends in high places!" Deckel said, as he sent a magical blast from his sword, and Valina moved out of the way slightly, as it exploded into the ground.

"Brash, yet foolish." Valina taunted, shooting lightning back at him, but Deckel blocked it with his sword.

He sent more magical slashes, but his hands were suddenly covered in electric cuffs. Valina knocked him down, and teleported away with him. She appeared inside her cave, and tossed him inside the cell where the real Mai was, with electric bars in front of it. He was chained to the wall by the electric cuffs, struggling to break loose. His sword was seen on the ground, which had the watch in the center of it. It opened to show Gride.

"Looks like your plan failed too, genius!" Gride said angrily in it.

"Shut up." Deckel replied.

"Another cell for you to stay in, but this time, nobody will help you." Valina said smugly, as White Knight walked to her.

"Are you sure you don't want my help, sorceress?" White Knight asked.

"Yes, I'll keep my promise to the brats. Besides, I won't need any help..." Valina said, smiling.

Deckel then took a closer look at White Knight, having an odd realization.

"Wait...that presence...I'm starting to...remember...I remember everything!" Deckel said.

A flashback shows a younger Deckel in a village. His goggles were lifted up, and his eyes weren't glowing yellow. A Karmanian is seen handing him a book, which had the white knight stone inside, letting out dark glows.

"Sir...what is this?" Deckel asked.

"The sorceress robbed this stone from the Lightstone Caverns, trying to transform it into her own knight stone. But it is unstable, do not touch it. It is pure evil." the Karmanian ordered, as Deckel understood, taking the book.

"Understood, sir. What about you?" Deckel asked.

"I'll be fine. We'll hold her back, just get as faraway from here as possible." the Karmanian ordered.

Deckel saluted, and ran off at once. He is seen running through a desert, avoiding electric blasts shooting into the ground.

"You'll never get your hands on this, I will run to the ends of the kingdom if I have to!" Deckel yelled, looking behind, and kept running.

Another blast hit his foot, as he went tripping, and the book flew open. The stone went falling into the sand in front of him, as he landed nearby.

"No, she mustn't get it!" Deckel yelled, crawling to it.

Deckel was about to grab it, but remembered the Karmanian's words. However, he had no other choice, and grabbed the stone with his hand. He let out a yell, as a dark white aura went through his entire body, and the yellow tattoo forms on his neck. He transformed into Gride, who held the stone, and looked around, confused.

"...Where am I? What's going on?" Gride asked, as Valina approached him in her cloaked outfit.

"You will not remember this day." Valina said, taking the stone from him.

Gride still looked around the desert confused, as Valina walked away, ending the flashback.

"YOU! You ruined my life, and erased my memories until now! You are why I turned bad!" Deckel said angrily, trying to break free from the electric cuffs.

"Guard him. I have a battle." Valina ordered to White Knight, as she walked off. Deckel just kept staring at White Knight through his goggles, looking angrily.

The heroes are seen outside the mall minus Trent. The knights stood back a bit.

"Good luck. We'll be here if you need help." Jake said.

"Let's take this evil witch down!" Audrey said, feeling more confident.

The girls headed to the entrance, but the guard stopped them.

"Sorry girls, we're closed. Come back in the morning. Besides, you really don't want to be in this mall at night..." the guard said

"Tori, do your thing." Audrey said to her.

"Let us in, we're VIP." Tori said a few times, waving her hand in front of his face.

"Alright, fine you can come in, you're VIP or whatever." the guard said, as the girls walked in.

"I really wish I had that trick." Cynthia said.

From inside a security room, a red eye lights up in the shadows. It looks at a security camera to show the girls inside.

"Multiple threats inside building after hours detected. Must neutralize..." the mechanical voice said eerily, as the figure gets up, and mechanical legs are heard walking out of the room...

The girls search around a bit, until they see Valina and the other four old guardians sitting on the fountain ledge.

"You actually showed, and followed the rules, impressive." Valina said.

"I hope you do the same." Madison said.

"A promise is a promise." Valina said, as she slammed her staff to the ground.

It let out a glow, which transformed the five into their own guardian forms. Madison made the heart glow, as they transformed.

"Five to four seems a little unfair, but whatever." Cynthia said.

"Attack." Valina ordered, as the previous guardians began attacking.

Cassidy launched a water blast right at Tori, who was send flying into a window by it.

"We're going to play it that way?" Tori said, floating back up.

Briar levitated several objects into the air, and tossed them at Cynthia, who threw more objects back using her telekinesis powers. Peyton sent sound waves at Cynthia, knocking her away. Madison and Valina shot electricity blasts at each other. Mai's doppel shot gusts of wind at Audrey, as she tried to control them.

"I can't hurt her, that's still grandma..." Audrey said, unsure what to do.

The boys are still seen waiting around outside, when Jake sees Vastacoar approaching the entrance.

"Uh guys...who is that?" Jake asked, as they looked.

Vastacoar growls, as his shadow hovers over the guard.

"Hi dude, sorry but we're closed. You can wait until the morni-" the guard was saying, as Vastacoar whacked him aside into a bush, and entered the building.

"Ouch..." the guard said.

"I dunno who that guy was, but the fact they suspiciously came here after hours at the same time as us is pretty suspicious." Nick said.

"Should we investigate? I don't care if we break Valina's rules." Jake said.

"I doubt she was going to follow them anyways." Cameron said.

"That is true. Let's find out who this stranger is, and see if they are a threat or not." Zero said, as they headed into the mall.

Up on another floor, the strange figure from earlier is seen. It comes out of the shadows to show a black security robot, with a glowing red eye. It scanned the area.

"Searching for intruders..." the robot said, as it kept walking.

It stopped upon seeing a vending machine.

"But first, perhaps my circuits can partake in a Dr. Kelp..." the robot said, entering in the option.

"Please insert $1...oh dear, I have no money..." the robot read, as it angrily hit the vending machine. It then received a communication.

"Hey Mall Cop Bot, wake up, we got an intruder. This creepy shark dude entered the building, he might be a robber. Keep a lookout. I'd go in, but he looked pretty big, and scary..." the guard said, communicating via a radio phone outside.

"I am awake. I detected other intruders in here as well. I will find them all." Mall Cop Bot replied, as it kept walking off.

"Okay, seriously, who else is breaking into the mall tonight!?" the guard asked angrily.

Red walks up to the entrance, whistling.

"Yo, I'm gonna rob this place." Red greeted.

"WOULD YOU GET OUT OF HERE!?" the guard yelled, as Red shrugged and walked off.

Back inside, both guardian groups kept battling, as they took their battle farther into the mall. Audrey sent light gusts of wind at the Mai doppel, but they missed. The doppel flew up and sent a powerful twirl of wind at Audrey, knocking her into Cynthia.

"I can't fight my grandma..." Audrey said.

"Here, let's trade. You take Peyton." Cynthia offered, as she levitated a display plant up at the Mai doppel, but she blew it away. Audrey faced Peyton, avoiding sound blasts from her hands. Audrey sent a gust back, knocking Peyton back.

Briar and Cassidy both attacked Tori with objects and water attacks respectively. Tori quickly formed a bubble around the attacks, and sent it blasting back at the two, knocking them to the ground. Cynthia then quickly trapped the Mai doppel with vines from a plant.

"What are you fools doing!? Get it together!" Valina yelled to them, as she shot an electricity blast at the vines, breaking the Mai doppel lose.

She shot an electricity wave at Madison, who sent some of it back at Valina. She controlled it, and sent another strike. Madison barely avoided it, as it exploded into a railing. The knights are seen wandering around the mall, hearing the fighting.

"They must be below." Cameron said.

Suddenly, the Mall Cop Bot walks forward from out of the shadows, analyzing the four.

"More intruders detected..." the Mall Cop Bot said.

"Uh guys...what is that?" Jake asked, as they saw the robot staring at them. Zero began analyzing it.

"Is this one of your friends or family members, doc?" Nick asked.

"No, it appears to be some security robot. I have no idea why this mall would have it however. Don't make any sudden movements..." Zero said.

The Mall Cop Bot kept scanning them, and its left arm began shooting sparks, turning it into a stun gun. It charged at Jake, who quickly turned into his knight form.

"Wait, don't-" Zero was about to say, as Jake quickly struck it in the head with his sword, knocking it back. 

"...attack it. You'll make it angrier." Zero continued, sighing. The robot scanned them again.

"...Whoops, sorry." Jake said.

"Targets are identified as hostile, preparing attack mode... Must terminate." Mall Cop Bot said, showing a red x on its screen across the four.

It transformed, to show a multitude of weaponry ready to fire, and its red eye shined on the four.

"I really hope this isn't where my taxpayer money is going..." Nick said, confused.

"Looks like we get to fight something after all." Cameron said, as they powered up.

It fired lasers at them, and Jake deflected one with his sword. On another floor, Vastacoar is seen following his tracker, growling.

"They're close..." Vastacoar said.

Back at the guardian fight, Tori is seen trapping Cassidy and Briar in a whirlpool vortex, sending them flying to the ground again. Cynthia is hit by an air blast by the Mai doppel, but she floats back up. She uses her telekinesis powers to levitate a trashcan, sending it flying at the Mai doppel, knocking her down to the ground. Audrey sent a powerful gust of wind through Peyton's sound waves, knocking her down as well. The girls cornered Valina, who shot electricity blasts at all five. Audrey avoided one, and floated down near Valina, trying to twirl her in a gust, but she broke through it.

"Audrey, you are so persistent for something so futile. Your grandmother belongs to me, give up. Will you cry again?" Valina taunted.

"No, I won't cry anymore. You're just a selfish jerk, I know that my grandma didn't willingly join you!" Audrey said, as she quickly struck Valina down with another wind blast, and twirled her into the air, making her gasp. Madison shot an electricity ball at Valina, knocking her into a wall. 

"Nice job." Cynthia said, hi-fiving Audrey.

Valina floated back up with the other four.

"I admit when I have made...a mistake. You win this round, but this is far from over." Valina said, opening a portal.

"Hey, I thought you said no teleporting." Madison said.

"I lied." Valina said smugly, and went through it with the others.

The girls tried to follow, but it closed.

"Coward." Tori said.

"Oh well, at least we showed her. Even with her revived group and stupid love spell, we kicked their mermaid tails." Cynthia said.

"We'll get Mai back, Audrey, no matter what it takes." Madison said, cheering her up.

The knights went running into the area, avoiding laser blasts from the Mall Cop Bot. The girls were confused upon seeing this.

"Uh...what is that?" Tori asked, as it fired beams, and the knights deflected them with swords.

"Apparently this is some security robot the mall made, and we made it angry." Jake said.

"Why does an ordinary mall even have something like this?" Madison asked confused, shooting electric blasts at it.

"Eight threats detected, all hostile. Must terminate." Mall Cop Bot said, aiming targets on them.

It fired mini-missiles, as Audrey and Tori sent some flying back, silently exploding into the ground, and knocking the robot back. 

"Annoyance status: High. Preparing quick solution." Mall Cop Bot calculated, as a laser rose up from its head, and began charging it.

"That's not good." Jake said.

Suddenly, Vastacoar went flying down in front of them, confusing them even more. He got up, brushing dust off of him, and growled.

"Gah, where's the map of this place..." Vastacoar rambled.

"That's the shark we saw earlier, who are you?" Cameron asked.

Vastacoar stared at the girls, creeping them out.

"Mermaid girls. My name is Vastacoar Chaoticus Doombringer, my employer sent me, prepare to-GWAAHHHH!!!'" Vastacoar was saying, starting up his chainsaw, when he was suddenly hit from behind by Mall Cop Bot's laser beam, turning his body into ash. The chainsaw and tracking device fell to the ground.

"...Well that just kind of happened, we didn't even get a chance to respond to that." Tori said.

"Threat terminated, you are next." Mall Cop Bot threatened, powering up another blast.

Madison shot another electricity blast, taking control of it. She made it self-deactivate, as its parts fell everywhere.

"Alright, that was just flat out weird." Audrey said.

"Yeah, let's get out of here before more weird things happen." Jake said, as they powered down, heading to the entrance.

"Wait...don't the security cameras have us on tape now?" Audrey wondered.

"No problem, I can delete the footage from the servers. We'll be safe." Zero said, analyzing a camera, much to their happiness.

They later exited the mall, much to the confusion of the guard.

"Hey, how did you get past me?" the guard wondered.

"You let Valina, I mean, "Valinda" by, so you let us in too." Cynthia lied.

"...Who is Valinda?" the guard asked, scratching his head, implying the love spell wore off.

They just laughed and kept walking, as the guard was still confused.

Blyde is seen entering Donald Bucklend's office, holding a blue box.

"Boss, we got a delivery from the Posidonia Fields Mall...but I don't think you're gonna like what's inside of it..." Blyde said, scratching his head.

"Well then, I guess that makes three things in this room I don't like." Bucklend replied, fixing his hair.

Blyde handed him the box and Bucklend opened it. He gasped upon seeing Vastacoar's severed shark hand inside, holding the tracking device.

"Vastacoar! I'll get you mermaid girls..." Bucklend vowed.

"Uh...I'm sorry boss, but what are the other two things in this room you don't like?" Blyde asked, as him and Donny just stared at Bucklend blankly.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Vastacoar and Mall Cop Bot

-Area Debuts: Posidonia Fields Mall

-Red and Agents Roy & Dilks (from "Cold Case") make cameos. 

-It is revealed Donny and Blyde started working for PosidoniaCorp sometime after the events of "Prison Break".

-Skipper is now officially running to be king.

-Cassidy controls the element of Water.

-MAJOR DECKEL SPOILER:

Spoiler

It is revealed Deckel was once a good guy, who one day a long time ago tried to protect the white stone from Valina. However, upon touching it, it split him into Deckel and Gride, and erased his memories of being good.

Also, January 16th marks the one year anniversary of when Mystic Guardians started. Thanks to the people who have been viewing it the past year!

Edited by MLG Vanilluxe
  • Like 3

Nice episode! The concept was definitely weird, but like always, you made it work so well. I really want to wish Mystic Guardians a happy anniversary. The show has been humorous, creative, and ambitious all wrapped into one. This latest episode just really cements that.

• Like 3