• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

28. Prison Break

At Posidonia Fields Prison, prisoners are seen in the cafeteria. Blyde is sitting at a table with Firebolt, eating lunch.

"Hi friend!" Blyde said.

"Friend? I don't even know who you are." Firebolt replied.

"Well, now's a good time to start, since we'll be in here a while!" Blyde replied, laughing, as Firebolt groaned.

"Yeah, sure. Stupid mermaids..." Firebolt said to himself, crushing his food with the spoon.

"What's your name?" Blyde asked.

"It's Keith, though my thief alias was Firebolt, you can call me whichever is easiest." Firebolt replied.

"Firebolt is a pretty cool name, I'll use that, Mr. Keith! I wish I had a cool name..." Blyde said absentmindedly. 

"How did you end up here?" Firebolt asked.

"Well, me and my buddy Donny used to run a famous magic show at the fair. Last month, these two funny dudes offered to help us out. They gave him this weird wand, and it made us powerful! But then I got caught using it to rob some restaurant, and that's how I'm here. Not sure what my friend is up to, but I hope he bails me out soon..." Blyde explained.

"What a motley story." Firebolt replied.

It becomes nighttime, as both go into their cells for rest. An officer is seen patrolling the hallway, when another officer approached them.

"I'll take over patrol here, comrade. You deserve a break." said the officer to the other.

"Oh, sure thing. Thanks!" the other officer replied, as they walked off.

The officer smiled, as they opened Blyde's cell, making him wake up.

"Aw man, what did I do now? I promise officer, I didn't steal all of the food!" Blyde replied.

"Calm down buddy, it's me..." the officer said.

He lifted up his hat a bit, showing Donny's face, as he winked.

"Ooooh, I'm so happy you're here! I couldn't take this place any longer! But wait, when did you become a cop?" Blyde said.

"It's a disguise, I am Donny, the powerful magician, and master of disguise, after all!" Donny said, as he ripped off the cop costume to show his magician outfit. Blyde then clapped. "Now let's get out of here."

"Wait, we could take that guy." Blyde suggested, pointing to Firebolt in his cell. 

"Who's that?" Donny asked.

"A friend I made here, I wanna be nice." Blyde replied.

"Fine, as long as he doesn't become a burden!" Donny said, as he opened Firebolt's cell. He woke up to see the two.

"Well, today's my lucky day..." Firebolt said, smiling.

"Now, let's make a break for it before the other cops come. I have been working on a revenge plan to get payback on those mermaid girls, it will be genius!" Donny boasted.

"Wait...mermaid girls? Did they have magic powers?" Firebolt asked.

"Yeah...you fought them too?" Donny asked curiously.

"I was a thief stealing Federation technology for my boss. Those girls tried stopping me on my last spree for some reason, and they're why I'm here! Let me join your gang, and I promise I can help all three of us get payback on them..." Firebolt offered.

"Sounds like a plan! What's your name?" Donny asked.

"Real name's Keith, but you can call me by my codename, Firebolt. Now, let's get to their weapon storage, they have my armor. I can use it to bust us out of here." Firebolt replied.

"Freeze, we have you surrounded!" said a cop from one side, and another appeared down the other hallway.

"Don't worry, we will make a quick escape!" Donny said, as he threw out a smoke bomb onto the ground, but nothing happened, as all three stood there. "Well, that didn't work."

"Give me those!" Firebolt said, as he took the smoke bombs. 

He threw them at the cops, blinding them. The three made a run for it, and eventually came to the weapon room. Firebolt saw his armor on the wall, as he grabbed it and put the equipment on.

"I forgot they busted half my mask, but no worries. I can take us to someone who can give us lots of technology for revenge." Firebolt said to the two.

"Oh goody!" Blyde said, excited.

He then burnt a hole through the room with his solar power, and an exit was open to the outside. 

"I haven't seen the outdoors in a month, sweet freedom! Woo hoo!" Blyde cheered, as the three ran of the exit, with Firebolt laughing, and flying off. 

Later that same night, Valentina is seen sleeping in her room. She begins to have a peculiar dream. Madison is seen floating around in her mermaid form, in a strange canyon. She then begins glowing, as she shoots out powerful electricity beams, as Valentina is watching from a cliff. She then wakes up and looks around.

"What is she doing in my dreams? This isn't good..." Valentina said to herself.

She is then seen in her cloak, heading to the Ancient Seal. A few Federation soldiers were seen around it. The seal was now was concealed inside metal walls around it, trapping it in a metal box of sorts.

"I've heard stories of strange people entering this thing, so it's a good thing we've improved the security on it." one soldier said to the others.

"Yeah, but I miss King Ramos. Have they had any luck tracking him?" another soldier asked.

"Nope. I'm afraid he could be anywhere." another soldier replied.

"Hello boys." Valentina said, startling them.

"Who the heck are you?!-" one of the soldiers asked, as the group was about to get out their guns, but she shot electricity at them all, knocking them everywhere. She then let out an electricity bolt at the box, as it made the Dimensional Accelerator explode, and the portal disappeared. Valentina then pulled out a strange staff and opened her own portal, entering through, and closed it from behind.

The soldiers woke up to see the destroyed containment, and the seal had no portal open anymore.

"Oh no, the machine is destroyed! The only person who could rebuild it is General Zurtrax...and he's gone." the soldier said.

"Oh man, Skipper ain't gonna be happy to hear this..." another soldier said.

Valentina is then seen entering the cave with the five Karmanian criminals she released.

"Took you long enough, woman." Argros complained.

"So what's like your big plan for us?" Thorn asked.

"You will see in due time, I just wanted to give you some food. Eat up, you'll need your strength." Valentina said, throwing bags of Karmanian food to the ground.

"Well...thanks, I guess." Vinerox replied, grabbing some with his vines.

"Aww, even Ramos was never this kind to me, thank you mysterious lady-" Morgana was saying, when they noticed Valentina was gone. "Wow, would it have killed her to say "goodbye"?"

The next day, the girls and Jake are seen at the school hallway. Trent then approaches them.

"Hey guy and girls, what's new?" Trent asked.

"Not much. Sorry we haven't hung out much lately, I've been busy." Jake replied to him.

"Yeah, we've been really preoccupied, but I would love to hang out more with you...or date...or hang out." Madison tried saying.

"It's alright, I've had a lot going on too. I might think about getting a part-time job, my mom needs help keeping the house running." Trent explained.

"Is everything okay with her?" Madison asked, concerned.

"It's been rough having a single parent, and her job isn't enough to keep paying to support us." Trent replied.

"I hope you guys can pull through, we'll help." Jake replied.

"Yeah, that's what friends are for."  Madison added.

"Especially girlfriends-" Tori was saying, as Madison gave her a playful hit.

"Uh...yeah." Madison replied awkwardly.

"Well, I've got to head to class, see you guys." Trent said, waving bye and walking off.

"Did you have a malfunction in your brain?" Cynthia asked to Madison.

"Sorry, I guess I don't know how to talk to him now that we're a thing and all..." Madison said, embarrassed. "I've never been in a relationship before. Wow, this just hit me in the face like a brick."

"Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. Maybe, but hey, look at me. I'm too shy to talk to boys I like at all, and I don't even have a boyfriend, so you're a step ahead of me." Audrey reassured. 

Later, the gang is seen at the Golden Seahorse, when a news report comes on the television.

"Breaking news: The criminal identified as "Firebolt", real name Keith Heckler, responsible for the theft of Federation technology a month ago, has mysteriously broken out of prison." The News Reporter announced, showing a picture of Keith's mugshot, startling the girls and Jake.

"Oh yeah, that guy. Great, just what we need, another prison break." Tori said.

""Firebolt" was found out to be working for PosidoniaCorp, performing espionage for them, much to the outrage of the public. We managed to get in contact with CEO Donald Bucklend to ask for his two cents on this." The News Reporter said, as a male interviewer is shown with Bucklend outside PosidoniaCorp. 

"This is Paul Dunkley of Posidonia Fields News, and I'm here with CEO of PosidoniaCorp Donald Bucklend. Mr. Bucklend, did you have anything to do with Firebolt's escape from prison?" Paul asked.

"Wow, we're only one question in and you're patronizing me. The media is really out to get me, I swear. So dishonest. Look, I had nothing to do with this fellow's escape, I repeat, nothing. I would hardly know anything about him, and I'd have no reason to." Donald replied.

"But he used your company's technology, so you were aware of his spree to some extent, correct?" Paul asked.

"Look, I would know nothing about the guy. Someone at my company may have been involved, but I wasn't involved. That person will get a big pink slip if I find out who it was, but I had nothing to do with this thief." Donald replied.

"Are you aware of Firebolt's identity?" Paul asked.

"No, I told you, I don't know who he is. There's so many people at my company I wouldn't know. If he was an employee of mine, I will gladly denounce him, but I don't know who he is, what his name is, or what he was doing with my technology." Donald replied.

"I mean, I'm just talking about Keith Heckler, the man known as "Firebolt", who was reported to have had ties to your company, but okay." Paul replied.

"Again, I don't know this Keith or Firebolt or whatever other names he goes by." Donald insisted.

"Are you still continuing your campaign despite this controversy?" Paul asked.

"My campaign is still continuing, because I have nothing to do with this controversy. The media is blowing it out of the water. I think people want fresh blood in, and I want to rise up to the top in the election next year. I'm going to make Posidonia great again, because I think some people don't want another three years of Ramos. I have a lot of huge plans for my plans, and I repeat, they're gonna be huuuuge. Now, I have important work to do." Donald replied.

"Thank you for your time." Paul replied, as Donald went back inside the PosidoniaCorp building, ending the interview.

"Wow, if I had a dollar for every lie there was in that interview, I'd be rich." Tori replied, after listening to it.

"If we defeated that Firebolt dude once, we can defeat him again. He was no big deal." Cynthia said.

Madison then felt the heart glowing, as she pulled out the map. A strange new x appeared on the map.

"Looks like we have a portal...but it seems different." Madison said, confused. "Where even is this?"

"We're standing right above it. It is in the basement." Mai replied, looking at the map.

The six went down into the Golden Seahorse basement, to see a strange purple portal opened, which looked nothing like the past ones.

"Yeah...I'll contact the guys." Jake said.

At Donald's PosidoniaCorp office, he is seen looking over paperwork, annoyed.

"Stupid news reporter, the media is out to get me. I think the Federation sets them up to go against me, Ramos would do that." Donald said.

The door then opens, as Firebolt walks in with Donny and Blyde, startling Donald, and then went back to a neutral look.

"Well well well, I figured you'd come crawling back." Donald said, as Firebolt took off his mask and slammed it on the desk.

"Hi!" Blyde greeted.

"Also, who are these clowns?" Donald asked.

"Hey, I am no clown! I am Donny, the great magician of Donny and Blyde's Magically Magic Show of Magic!" Donny boasted.

"This starfish here was another prisoner, and his friend here busted us out. We're going to work together to get revenge on the people who put us there. I didn't tell you this, but...my thefts weren't stopped by Ramos's goons. There's a group of mysterious teenage girls who could turn into mermaids, and had crazy magic powers." Firebolt reported.

"He's not crazy, I saw them too. They ruined my plans, and broke my wand! I loved that wand!" Donny said angrily.

"Mermaids, huh? Capturing one would make me-I mean, us a fortune, wouldn't you say?" Donald offered.

"Yeah, I wanna be rich!" Blyde said eagerly.

"I would love to help hunt them down...but alas, I am no true magician. I lost my powers, and don't think a deadbeat loser like me could help a skilled thief like Firebolt here." Donny said.

"No worries gentlemen, I have just the technology for you to use, and free of charge. You can be testers for new equipment we've been developing, follow me..." Donald said, as the three walked off with him.

They went to a room saying "IN DEVELOPMENT" on the door. They entered in and saw blueprints for armor resembling Firebolt's, and lots of weapons.

"It's all yours, boys. Take as much as you need, and bring me one of those there mermaids. I can show it to the world, and we would be praised by the public for capturing a real, live one." Donald said.

"This looks epic..." Blyde said, as he checked out a beta version of green armor similar to Firebolt's.

"Ooh, I'll take this color!" Donny said, looking at a blue one.

"Whatever you girls are, you messed with the wrong thief." Firebolt said, taking a laser capturing gun.

The girls, knights, Mai and Ranen are seen at the basement, looking at the portal.

"What is this portal, grandma?" Audrey asked.

"It seems we have been invited by the Karmanian Council in the Sky Kingdom. We must go." Mai replied.

"Karmanian Council? What's this about?" Jake asked.

"They are a powerful group of people residing in the Sky Kingdom, a kingdom above the others and out of reach." Zero explained.

"Oh man, I have a fear of heights..." Nick said.

"You've never told me that piece of information before." Zero said.

"I know, there's a lot you don't know about me, doc." Nick replied, laughing.

"I've heard stories about that place, looks like I'll get to see the legend." Cameron said, as the eight walked through.

Back upstairs, the chef walked out of the kitchen, looking for them.

"Hello? Anyone? Aww." The Chef said in disappointment.

They appeared at an ancient temple, as there were different colored clouds floating everywhere. They were on a giant cloudy plain, as they looked around. Another portal appeared, as Elana and her adoptive parents came out of it.

"Wow, looks like we're having a party." Tori said.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Elana asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Cynthia replied.

"Anybody home?" Nick asked, yelling to the temple, as his voice echoed. "Well, I guess we can all go home-"

Suddenly, a group of four mysterious characters walked out of the temple, wearing majestic blue robes.

"Greetings, we are the Karmanian Council of the Sky Kingdom. We have been watching you, new generation of guardians and knights." spoke one of them.

"You've been watching us? Oh man, I hope you didn't see the time when I stole Cameron's lunch-" Nick was saying.

"Wait, what?" Cameron asked.

"No, not that way, we only watched you in Karmania. I am Cesare, you can call me the oracle of the council." Cesare greeted.

"I am Briar, a former guardian, who worked alongside Mai over there. I am the only Posidonian of the four. Great to meet you all." Briar introduced, showing a slightly elderly fish with blonde hair.

"Great to see you too, old friend." Mai replied.

"Wow, an old guardian. This is awesome so far!" Audrey said.

"Hi, I'm Tom." Tom introduced.

"Tom? I expected a bit more of a fancy name, but oh well." Cynthia said.

"Lastly, but not least most certainly, I am Luna," Luna introduced.

"That's nice and all, but why did you invite us here?" Elana's adoptive father asked.

"We wanted to tell you all we are proud in your efforts in taking down Ramos and the Federation. This includes the Queen of Central Karmania, and the guardians and knights' mentors, Mai and Ranen." Cesare was saying.

"Thank you, great one." Ranen said.

"However, his forces are not finished yet." Luna added.

"I mean no disrespect, but why didn't you guys do anything about his forces?" Madison asked curiously.

"We do not hold as much power as you think in taking down his forces, as we are only a group of four. We only watch over your powers, and make sure the magic in Karmanian is working." Tom explained.

"We wanted to warn you that evil still lurks in Karmanian. The Battlestar Army, a group allied with the Federation, has been plotting to invade. They reside in the Western Karmania kingdom." Briar explained.

"We wanted to tell you that you no longer are protecting just Central Karmania, but you are the protectors of all kingdoms in Karmania. We have done fixings to the portal grid, and we now will prevent them from randomly opening in Posidonia. Now the only way you can get there is with the heart, this will stop any of Ramos's remaining forces from entering through Posidonia, and any of his beasts from invading your home." Cesare explained.

"Sweet, do we get a raise for this promotion?" Tori asked.

"Did this Battlestar have anything to do with the prison break at Mt. Spire?" Madison asked.

"I'm afraid we are not sure, but you must be prepared to face any faction that goes against you. Now, we'd like to show you something. Follow me." Cesare replied.

They walked inside the temple, as they looked at the unique architecture.

"Wow, this place looks pretty cool." Jake said.

They then went to a room upstairs, as they saw four orbs floating around above a pool of water.

"What is this?" Cameron asked.

"These are magical orbs that control the girls' powers. They represent Heart, Earth, Wind and Water, the four elements of the eighteen you can use. As long as these are in tact, your powers will work. In fact, let me give you a gift for defeating Ramos..." Cesare explained, letting out a magic beam at all four orbs, as they glowed.

"What did that do?" Audrey asked.

"Your powers have received some...upgrades." Luna said.

"I don't feel anything different." Madison said, holding out the heart.

"You will discover the improvements on your own." Tom replied.

"As for you Elana, here is an improvement for your own powers." Cesare said, as he touched her crown, and she began to glow.

"Thank you so much!" Elana replied, as she began to channel her energy.

"Thank you for being patient, you may head back. We will summon you if we ever need you again." Briar said.

The groups headed back to where they were. The girls, boys, Mai and Ranen went back to the restaurant, as the portal closed behind them.

"It's sweet that one of your friends is a council member." Madison said to Mai.

"Yes, she was a gifted one. She deserved the position. I haven't been in contact with her for years unfortunately, but it is pleasant when I hear she is doing well." Mai said.

"So Nick, what was that about you stealing my lunch?" Cameron asked jokingly.

"Uh..." Nick was saying.

Suddenly, they heard someone enter upstairs, as the bell rang.

"Looks like we have a customer, I don't want to keep them waiting." Mai said.

"Yes, thank you distraction!" Nick said in his mind.

They headed upstairs to see Donny and Blyde at a table.

"Hello, where's the service around here?" Donny asked, looking at a menu, surprising the gang.

"You two idiots again?" Cynthia asked.

"Didn't the starfish guy go to jail?" Audrey asked.

"He did. If you think you can rob me again, you have another thing coming." Mai threatened.

"Yes, he was in jail, but he made his way out...LIKE MAGIC!" Donny yelled, throwing smoke bombs on both sides, and laughed.

"Uh...what was the point of that?" Tori asked.

"Dramatic effect, now watch your tongue, brats! We are here to get our revenge!" Donny bragged.

"Yeah, what he said!" Blyde chimed in.

"I'm so scared, what could you two possibly do?" Jake asked, laughing.

"Stop this nonsense at once, they will not fight you two in the public with people outside at this time of day. Surrender yourselves." Ranen warned.

"Wait, we won't?" Madison asked.

"Well yeah, we can't reveal ourselves like this." Cameron replied.

"Oh, not us two. There's someone else you should have the honor of meeting..." Donny said, laughing, confusing them all.

Firebolt then went flying through the doors, opening them, as he landed and laughed. He had his helmet repaired.

"Well, what do we have here? The whole posse, for my taking." Firebolt said, laughing.

"You!...whatever your name is! Firebob, or something?" Cynthia asked.

"It's Firebolt, brat. Take one more step and you'll see something you regret..." Firebolt threatened.

"I assume the three stooges here joined forces." Jake said, about to activate his knight form, but the chef came out of the kitchen to see the commotion.

"Hey...what's going on in here?" The Chef asked, holding a plate and seeing the scene.

Firebolt then sent a solar beam at the chef, sending him flying back into the kitchen. Mai went to aid him.

"I'm okay!" The Chef said.

"What do you want from us?" Madison asked.

"I want the girls to show their true forms. A mermaid would make us a whole lotta money." Firebolt said.

"No thanks, creep." Cynthia declined, as Cameron pulled out his handgun and fired at Firebolt, as he flew around and dodged. 

Ranen stayed inside, as the others ran out of the restaurant. It was later at night, with few people walking around. They began running, as Firebolt made his way out with Donny and Blyde.

"Get your battle armor on." Firebolt said to the two.

"Yes sir!" Blyde said.

The eight were seen heading towards a neighborhood. 

"Oh man, just what we need, those losers hunting us down." Tori said

"I hate to say it, but we might have to transform. We can't lure them into Karmania." Jake said.

"You might be right, but if we do, we'll have to keep our battle up high." Madison said.

"I'd rather not be captured and used as an object for their greediness, so let's take these idiots down and fast fast." Cynthia said.

The girls went into an alley to transform, as did the guys. 

"Jake, I have heard reports of a strange beast sighting headed toward the Mt. Spire prison. I know you are dealing with those crazy people, but you might have to split up." Ranen ordered.

"You guys can go. I think we can handle these morons." Madison said.

She opened a portal with the heart for them, as the knights headed through. The girls flew up high, flying from city rooftops. Professor Rotwell is seen looking through the Posidonia skies with a telescope from his room. He briefly sees the four girls fly by in the distance. He spits out a soda he was drinking.

"MERMAIDS! Yes yes, they must have been, I swear I saw the mermaid tails! I will find them!" Rotwell boasted, as he ran off to investigate, but he bumped into his room's door. "Gah, what is this door doing in my way?! Move it!"

The girls then see Firebolt, Donny and Blyde fly up in their armor, holding laser guns.

"Aww, you guys have matching outfits, how cute-" Cynthia was saying, when Blyde fired a laser beam at her, and she dodged.

"Where did you guys even get this stuff?!" Audrey asked, sending gusts of wind at the three.

"We got them from the Donald dude-I mean, none of your business, haha!" Blyde said, as Firebolt face-palmed.

Firebolt just ignored it, and fired solar beams at the four, as one hit Tori, and she fell to the roof.

"I'm okay, I hope!" Tori said, when Donny fired a net at her, trapping her. "Or not."

"We'll get you out-" Madison was saying, as Firebolt fired lasers at her. "Or try to!"

Donny flew down and approached Tori.

"Aye, I got one, boys!" Donny said, grabbing the net.

"Get me out of here!" Tori said to herself.

She began repeating it many times, as Donny heard it in his head. Suddenly, Donny felt as if he was possessed, and strangely cut open the net.

"Wait, what did I just do?!" Donny asked, as he saw what he did.

"Thanks, bud." Tori said, shooting him off the roof with a water beam. "But seriously, what just happened? Is he that dumb?"

"He really let you go?" Audrey asked, confused.

"Don, what got into you?!" Blyde asked, as Donny flew back up.

"I don't know...but ugh, no matter, we'll try again!" Donny said, as he threw several smoke screen bombs in their view.

At the knights' progress, they were looking around outside Mt. Spire, when they heard a growling noise from the forests behind.

"I hope that wasn't my stomach..." Nick said.

They looked around the forests. Jake was all alone, and near a lake, he saw Slypox scraping his blade arms together. 

"No sign of the prison..." he said to himself.

Jake then carefully walked around, but stepped on a branch, making Slypox turn around.

"Gah, a knight! You will face the wrath of the Battlestar, for I am General Slypox!" Slypox yelled.

"Battlestar? They must have let you loose from the prison!" Jake said.

"No, they didn't, foolish inferior fish from the other side!" Slypox replied, confusing Jake.

"Then who did?" Jake asked.

"I don't know who they were, but it doesn't matter! I'll crush you right here!" Slypox said, as he jumped up and landed down in front of Jake, as he threw his blades to him, but Jake pulled out his sword and stopped them.

Slypox fell back, as he scraped his blades together to form an energy ball. He sent it flying to Jake super fast, making him slam against a tree.

"Ugh...you've gotten stronger since we last fought!" Jake said, trying to get up. Slypox laughed and approached him.

Back in the city, the girls kept fighting off the three. Donny flew through the smoke and fired a rope from his back to Cynthia, but she made rocks rise up and slice it. Tori made a whirlpool around Firebolt, but he quickly broke out and fired more solar beams, as one hit Audrey. She flew down a bit, but regained traction. Madison launched a heart blast at Donny, who blocked it with his left arm. He shot another net from his gun to Audrey, but she blew a gust back, as it caught Donny, sending him flying to a roof.

"Oh no, boss!" Blyde yelled.

"No worries, I can fly!" Donny replied, laughing.

Donny got up and was about to fly, but Madison threw a heart blast at his jet-pack, damaging it. It short-circuited, and Donny fell to the ground, still trapped in the net.

"No fair!" Donny whined.

"I'll save you!" Blyde said, as he flew to him, but Tori caught him in a whirlpool and sent him flying to the roof, damaging his equipment, as it all broke off of him.

"No more playing around, I'll do what those idiots couldn't!" Firebolt yelled, as he fired more solar beams at the girls, as they hit all four, sending them flying down to another roof. 

Firebolt then went charging at all four high-speed, and the four scattered. As he headed to Madison, she let out a quickly timed heart blast onto his jet-pack. His jet-pack began to malfunction, as he went blasting off like an out of control jet engine across the city.

"NOOOOO, I'LL BE BAAACK!" Firebolt's voice echoed. 

"...Not what I had in mind, but it works." Madison said.

"At least we won't have to worry about him, but I hope the guys are okay." Audrey said.

Back near Mt. Spire, Jake was still dueling Slypox, and Slypox was overpowering him. He used his blades to gash at Jake, sending him falling to the ground. Slypox was about to throw his blades at him, but a blast was sent flying to Slypox.

"Gah, who dares?!" Slypox asked, as Cameron, Zero and Nick appeared, with Cameron holding his handgun.

"Guys, you found me!" Jake said, as he got up and had his sword ready.

"We will finish this later red, but now you have a taste of my new power!" Slypox said, as he jumped off into the forests, and made a run for it.

"Whoa, that dude jumped high!" Nick said.

"Yeah, he got a lot more powerful, and I hate to say it, but he...kind of beat me." Jake said, a bit embarrassed. He felt a bruise on his arm, and held it.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah, it'll be fine, but I'm just disappointed he beat me like that." Jake said.

"Don't worry, we will all statistically have a loss at something at one point in our lives. Nobody is perfect." Zero said.

"Yeah, for example, I lose to Zero at Chess every single time, but one day, I might win. Maybe." Nick said.

"Well, let's head back, since he went running. Do you know what he wanted?" Cameron asked.

"He was looking for the prison, but I guess he forgot where it was. Still, I hope the rebels are ready if he returns." Jake said, as they headed back.

Firebolt is seen flying through the city, as he sped past boatmobiles, causing a mess in traffic.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY, IDIOT!" an angry driver yelled.

"MY LEG!" a fish yelled, as Firebolt flew through a boatmobile, making it flip over.

Firebolt kept flying out of control, as he headed back to the Posidonia Fields Prison. A cop was repairing the wall he burnt a hole through, when he went flying right through the wall again. He ran out of power, hit the wall, and fell to the ground.

"Hey, what do you know, the problem took care of itself!" one of the cops said, as he handcuffed Firebolt and escorted him away.

"You thought you could escape forever, eh buddy?" another cop asked, eating a doughnut.

As the girls celebrated their defeat, they noticed Donny and Blyde were gone.

"Aw man..." Madison said.

"Don't worry, let those two weirdos off, they aren't that much of a threat." Cynthia said.

The guys went back through the portal, as the girls flew down and regrouped with them. The knights powered down.

"What happened to you?" Tori asked, seeing Jake had a bruise on his arm.

"We met Slypox again, and he got really powerful. Let's just say he beat me and got away..." Jake said.

"Well, those two weirdos got away, so I guess we both lost at something." Madison said.

"But on the bright side...no pun intended, Firebolt went flying off to who knows where." Tori said.

The girls went back to their normal forms, as Madison closed the portal.

"Uh...something's not right with this picture..." Nick said.

"What?" they all asked.

"When did Cynthia get so tall?" Nick asked, as they noticed Cynthia was much taller than before, and looked older.

"Uh...did I go through a growth spurt? Because this is weird..." Cynthia said, not sure how to react.

"...Didn't see that one coming." Tori said, surprised, as the gang was confused.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Tom, Briar, Luna, Cesare, and Paul

-Area Debuts: Sky Kingdom and Council Temple

-Firebolt's real name is revealed to be Keith Heckler.

-We meet the Karmanian Council, a group of three Karmanians and one ex-guardian, who keep a watch over the girls' powers and make sure all magic is functional across Karmanian. They have fixed the portal grid so no more portals appear randomly.

-The girls get power upgrades, but it is not known what they entail just yet.

-The Ancient Seal portal is destroyed.

Edited by Mr. Hankey
  • Like 3

Great episode. The play on Donald Trump was funny, it was interesting to meet the council, and the action was well scripted as always.

• Like 1

Noticing that I got beaten to complimenting the funny Donald Trump satire twice, I'll throw in that I liked the foreshadowing of Tori apparently awakening a kind of mind control power. And Rotwell bumping into his own door. xD

• Like 1

Even with SBC being down for most of the day, I somehow still got this up.

29. Cold Case

The heroes are seen in the basement at the Golden Seahorse.

“We have a bit of a problem...” Tori said, showing Cynthia’s older form to Mai.

“Any ideas what’s going on? I mean, I don’t mind, but I’m also very confused.” Cynthia asked.

“It appears with your power upgrades, Cynthia obtained an ability to make herself appear older.” Mai explained.

“Is there any way to undo it?” Audrey asked.

“Also, how does making myself look older even relate to Earth?” Cynthia asked.

“The new powers you obtained do not have to relate to your element necessary, but are an expansion. To undo it this, all you need to do is concentrate hard enough.” Mai explained.

Cynthia then tried concentrating, as she glowed and turned back to her normal self. 

“I have to admit though, I’m not too against this power, I could use it to get some male attention...” Cynthia pondered.

“Of course she gets that power...” Tori said, sighing.

As she sat on a chair, she waved her fins around, and suddenly her shirt went from blue to green, sparkling.

“Either I’m going color blind or Tori’s shirt just changed colors.” Nick said.

“Whoa...it did. I can change colors now? That’s kind of cool.” Tori said, as she waved her fins again and the shirt turned orange. 

“Of course you guys get special powers, I don’t even know if I am close to finding out mine.” Madison said, sighing.

“Hey, at least you guys have some special powers in store, we have nothing.” Jake said, a bit concerned.

“Don’t worry, maybe there’s some hidden potential of some sort we need to unlock too...maybe.” Nick wondered.

“Highly unlikely, but those knight stones are quite mystical, who knows what secrets they could be holding.” Zero said, as Nick looked at his green stone on the bracelet.

The next day, we see a Federation soldier reporting to Skipper on the throne.

“Hello Skipper, sir, uh...” the soldier was saying.

“That’s King Skipper, buddy!” Skipper corrected.

“Yes, well, we have a situation. The Ancient Seal portal was...uh, destroyed by an intruder the other night.” the soldier said hesitantly, and Skipped spit out his tea.

“WHAT?! You waited until NOW to tell me?!” Skipper asked angrily.

“We...forgot about it!” the soldier said.

“How do you forget?! This is terrible, we had so many soldiers left in there, now there’s no way to re-open it to get them back... Oh well, that Skorch guy can handle them! Now make me more tea!” Skipper demanded, as he finished his cup.

Admiral Skorch is then seen with Slypox and Brak at the Battlestar base.

“Admiral, when will we strike the rebel prison?” Brak asked.

“It is tempting, but I do not want to initiate it right away. We need patience in order to make it a surprise attack. We are short-handed in our army right now. Perhaps right now we should focus on trying to find the others that were released...” Skorch pondered.

“They went off with some strange witch, they are allied with her, sir.” Slypox said.

“Witch, you say?” Brak asked curiously. 

“I don’t know who she was, but it’s a mystery. She must be keeping those five in shelter somewhere.” Slypox suggested.

“Very well then, we will find them and get them to join us. Generals, search around Central Karmania, the witch must not have gone far.” Skorch ordered, as Slypox and Brak saluted, and went off.

The girls and Jake are seen at school, as Madison was in math class. Mrs. Lenden handed out a quiz, as Madison was trying to do it. She touched her calculator, when it began to spark and act odd.

“Don’t touch me!” a strange voice said.

“Huh? Who is there?” Madison whispered, looking around.

“Down here, toots!” the voice said, as Madison gasped when she saw the voice was coming from her calculator. However, nobody else heard the voice, as they kept doing the quiz.

“Okay, I don’t know how I’m talking to an inanimate object, but be quiet! You’re going to get me in trouble!” Madison whispered again to it. 

“Don’t tell me what to do, I’m smarter than you!” the calculator snapped back. 

“5 minutes remain.” Mrs. Lenden said, as Madison panic-kingly tried to finish. She began to tap buttons on the calculator.

“Stop poking me!” the calculator complained, when time was up.

Mrs. Lenden went around and began collecting the quizzes.

“I probably failed. Thanks a lot, stupid machine.” Madison said, as she threw it into her backpack and angrily walked off.

“Hey Landers, come with me. The principal would like to see you...” an aid said.

“Oh great, what did I do now...” Madison said to herself.

She was seen entering the office, as Roxy was seen inside with Principal Thomson.

“Hey Maddie.” Roxy greeted.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Madison asked.

“Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble...maybe. You are friends with Elana Townsen, correct?” Thomson asked to Madison.

“Yeah, why?” Madison replied.

“Well, she has been missing from school for a month now. I know your friends have insisted she’s on a vacation, but this is a very odd vacation, especially since she never told me beforehand...” Thomson said.

“I told him that I’m worried about Elana, so he has been asking you guys on what you might know on her.” Roxy explained. 

“I don’t know what has been up with her, sir. She hasn’t contacted any of us in a while, so I don’t know what happened.” Madison lied, slightly nervous.

“I see. Thank you for your input. You two may head to your next class, here’s passes. Have a nice day!” Thomson replied, handing Madison and Roxy a pass.

The heroes are seen regrouped at the Golden Seahorse.

“This is bad, did you guys get interrogated by the principal about Elana too?” Tori asked.

“Yeah, I just told her I didn’t know what she was up to.” Audrey replied.

“I insisted to the dude I didn’t know either, but we can’t just tell him that she’s the queen of another world.” Cynthia said.

“Yeah, well hopefully they can buy the “vacation” lie for a little while longer until we can think of something.” Tori said. 

“Maybe I’m losing my mind, but I think my calculator talked to me in class today, and it made me fail the quiz.” Madison said, concerned.

“Your calculator talked to you? I knew one day technology would evolve...” Nick said, surprised.

“I would say that sounds ridiculous, but we’ve seen so many ridiculous sounding things that I might just be able to buy this.” Jake said.

“It was weird, I touched it and it began talking. Here, let me try...” Madison said, as she put it on the table.

“Hey there, you have a lot of explaining to do! Why couldn’t I see anything?!” the calculator asked.

“Do you guys hear that?” Madison asked to the seven.

“I’m not hearing anything.” Cameron replied, confused.

"Neither am I." Zero added.

“Yeah, unless there’s a secret language for calculators, it seems normal to me.” Tori said, looking at it.

“I guess only I can talk to and hear them. This is awkward...” Madison said.

“This reminds me of a movie where only this kid could see zombies...” Nick was saying, when a fish walked into the restaurant with two others.

“Hey, is that Carson?” one of them said, wearing sunglasses and a track suit. 

“Well, what do you know, it is. If it ain’t Nicky the brainiac! Long time no see!” the fish said, laughing.

“Oh...uh, hey Doug. What brings you here, not that it’s good to see you?” Nick asked.

“Doug? Who is this?” Cameron asked.

“I went to high school with this chump, I see he’s the same as ever!” Doug said, laughing, as he gave Nick a slap on the back.

“Yeah, although I wouldn’t say the same, because I’m much older now, so I’m not really the same looking, but I’m the same thinking! If that makes sense...” Nick rambled.

“Slow down there with the geek talk, brainiac. Me and my boys here just came to get some take-out after some jogging practice, but we didn’t expect to see you here...” Doug said.

“Yeah, I hang out here with these guys, oh, and girls. This is Jake, this is Zero, this is Cameron, this is Audrey, this is Madison, this is Cynthia, this is Tori, and I’m Nick! Oh wait, you knew that...” Nick introduced, smiling.

“Zero? That’s a number, not a name!” one of Doug’s friends said.

“This seems like a fun group...” Cynthia said sarcastically. 

“Look here brainiac, you might be older, but I’m still boss! Let’s arm wrestle and see who is stronger...” Doug said, as he sat down and put his arm on the table.

“Hey, not cool! Just ignore these guys, Nick-” Jake was saying, to see Nick sitting down on the other side.

“It’s a deal. Now, I’m no arm wrestler expert, so I might slip up a few times, but I’m still not bad, even though I’m not an expert either-” Nick was saying.

“Just shut up and wrestle me. If I win, which I have a 99% chance of doing so for your math brain, then you have to pay for our food. If you somehow win, then I won’t call you brainiac anymore, brainiac.” Doug said.

“Deal, I guess. I mean, I don’t care that much for the name brainiac, but if there’s any other prizes, I’ll take them.” Nick said.

“This seems like a waste of time.” Cameron was saying.

“Go!” one of Doug’s friends said, as he let go of Nick and Doug’s arms.

They began wrestling, as Doug was getting on the edge on Nick, pushing his arm down. 

“Come on, I can’t lose to this jerk again, let me win something for once...maybe!” Nick begged to himself.

Suddenly, the green stone on his bracelet began to glow, as Nick began to push Doug’s arm up and then slammed it into the table, making him flinch. Everyone was surprised, including Nick. 

“Whoa, I won?! I mean, yeah, in your face, Douglas!” Nick said, bragging.

“WHAT?! How did you win, brainiac!? I was going to win, you must have used some magic nerd trick or something!” Doug said, in disbelief.

“Hey, that’s no fair, you made a deal!” Madison said.

“Well the deal’s off! Back to jogging practice, I gotta win the Posidonia Track Race tomorrow...” Doug said.

“Track race, eh? Well guess what, I’m competing! I don’t know much about...track, but I know I can win!” Nick said confidently.

“Haha, you, racing me?! The ultimate track racer?! Fine then, but be prepared to lose! Meet me at the track course tomorrow at 5pm sharp! This will be glorious! See ya, brainiac, and his loser friends!” Doug said, laughing, as they walked off.

“Nick, you’ve never done track before.” Zero said.

“I know... But maybe I can get some practice in or something, it’s not like there’s any monster threats!” Nick said optimistically, and also worried.

Thorn is seen looking into the restaurant from an outside window, who was overhearing their conversation. She was seen in her normal fish form, wearing jeans and a green shirt.

“Wow, so that jerk is going to a race, huh?” Thorn asked to herself, when Morgana appeared from out of an alley.

“What did you hear?” Morgana asked.

“That green knight is like going to a track race tomorrow, would be SO unfortunate if we sabotaged it...” Thorn said, smiling.

“Not sure if that’s what the sorceress had in mind, but it’ll work.” Morgana said.

“Sorry, I just like want revenge on him so badly, he exposed my oh so brilliant bank robbing scheme! You wouldn’t understand! Oh, and earlier they also mentioned apparently their school was questioning them on what happened to Queen Elana, or something like that, I guess.” Thorn said.

“They are investigating her disappearance? Maybe we should play dirty and throw some blame the guardians’ way...” Morgana suggested.

“That could totally so work! I so like that idea!” Thorn said.

Morgana then sees the eight leaving, as she and Thorn hide. As they leave, Morgana notices Madison’s calculator was left behind. Morgana goes inside to grab it, putting it in her pocket, and walks back out.

“I might need this...” Morgana said, hatching an idea.

"Help." the calculator said.

They then notice Hank was giving a ticket to a fish, and headed back to his police boat. Morgana then approached him.

“Hello officer, lovely day, isn’t it?” Morgana asked.

“Huh? Oh, why yes, yes, it is, girl. Is there anything I can do?” Hank asked.

“Well, I don’t mean to be nosy, but I was overhearing a conversation between Madison Landers and her friends. I happen to know them from school, my name is... Meghan. They were talking about this Elana girl, and said some really concerning things, like about a “special surprise” or something. Might be worth looking into it...” Morgana suggested.

“Oh no, I hope my daughter isn’t involved with this nonsense. Thank you for your concern, I’ll contact their school’s principal to learn more...” Hank said, as he got into the police boat, and drove off.

“Wow, you are so good at this lying thing, maybe even better than I was.” Thorn complimented, approaching her.

“The plan doesn’t end there. I’m sure they will investigate Elana’s house, maybe we can leave behind some special “evidence”. I know where she lived, too...” Morgana said.

“How would you know that?” Thorn asked.

“When I was with Ramos, he ordered his guards to get a sketchbook from her house, and I overheard the address name. I remember it well, we’ll be ahead of them.” Morgana said.

“Wow, this plan is so genius! I have to give you credit, like, not even I could think of something like this." Thorn said.

Nick is seen with the knights training at an obstacle course near the Track Course. 

“Okay Nick, let’s see how fast you are. Run through those things as fast as you can.” Jake said.

“Alright, sure, but like, can you offer some help of some kind first?” Nick asked.

“You’re a big boy now Nick, you don’t need our help. You have to fight your own battles.” Cameron said.

“Welp, it’s now or never then.” Nick said.

He got into stance, and went off running. He got stuck a few times in some tires at first, but managed to get through. He jumped over hurdles and made his way to a wooden wall ahead, coming to a stop.

“Aw man, how do I get over this? Do I run up on the wall like a cartoon? Or can I just cheat and go around?” Nick asked.

“You have to climb it. There’s handles to help you climb up.” Zero said.

“Oh...but how does this relate to running?” Nick asked.

“It still relates, because track is about speed and strength, and this tests your speed in climbing, especially since you need your feet to help balance yourself to climb up on the wall. I also don’t know if I needed to explain something as trivial as a wooden wall for a track obstacle course.” Zero said.

“Yeah, sorry, I’m not really an athlete expert. Alright, I got this-” Nick was saying.

“Hey brainiac, trying to get in some last minute practice?” Doug asked, appearing with his friends, laughing.

“Yeah, and I’ll have you know I’m going to win the track race! You wouldn’t believe the uh, skills, I have, yeah!” Nick insisted, standing proudly.

“Skills, eh? Try jumping over that wooden wall then.” Doug challenged.

“Nick, don’t do it. Just climb up and finish this practice.” Cameron said.

“There is absolutely no chance you would be able to even jump over that wall.” Zero said.

“Yeah, don’t listen to these jerks. Who cares what they think?” Jake asked.

“I care! I’ll take your challenge Douglas, I’m going to jump over that wall!” Nick said, as he began running back, as Zero, Jake and Cameron face-palmed. Doug and his friends laughed.

“You’re a brave, but really foolish, brainiac!” Doug said.

Nick then began running up toward the wall, as he began to jump.

“Come on, let me make it, I gotta prove them wrong!” Nick said.

The green knight stone on his bracelet began to glow again, as it helped Nick jump up super high, and landed on the other side of the wall, as everyone was surprised. However, from the jump, Cameron slightly noticed the stone glowing. Nick kept running.

“What?! But...that’s...impossible...” Zero said, extremely confused.

“Don’t short-circuit on us, doc, we’re confused too...” Jake said.

“How is brainiac beating me?!” Doug asked.

Nick then ran back around, waving his arms in victory.

“I did it! I conquered the tires, I conquered the hurdles, I conquered the wall, I conquered more ties, I conquered more hurdles, and I ran, so beat that, Doug!” Nick bragged.

“Gah! Listen here bud, I don’t know what kind of magic trick you pulled, but I ain’t falling for it! I’m going to beat you tomorrow, that’ll be the real test!” Doug said, as he walked off with his friends.

“Did you guys see that-” Nick was about to ask.

“Yeah, I saw what appeared to be you cheating.” Cameron said, confusing Zero and Jake.

“Cheating? What do you mean? Look man, I’m as confused as you are how I did that, but-” Nick was saying.

“I saw your knight stone glowing when you jumped and when you arm wrestled him. Clearly that stone is giving you an advantage somehow, whether you were aware or not.” Cameron said.

"I’m not sure how it would give me super high jumping knight-like powers when I’m normal, maybe we got upgrades and I somehow unlocked mine?” Nick asked.

“I suppose it is possible, I just don’t understand why it chose to do it both times when you wanted to beat Doug at things you could not normally win.” Zero said.

“Guess this stone is looking out for me...even though this might be morally wrong.” Nick said.

“Yeah, I don’t think you should cheat to beat Doug. Why are you so obsessed with beating him?” Jake asked.

“He made fun of me a lot in high school, I guess I just want to show him I’m better now. But I promise I won’t use this stone for the race tomorrow! It was cool the first two times, but I’ll win fair and square now!” Nick promised.

“Alright then. I just wonder if the other stones have hidden powers for us too...” Cameron wondered, looking at his blue one.

Later at night, Tori is seen entering her home to see an angry Hank in the living room.

“Uh...hey dad. Everything okay?” Tori asked.

“No, everything is not okay, I tell you what. I received word apparently you may know more about what happened to your friend Elana than you let on to Principal Thomson...” Hank confronted.

“Uh... I don’t know what they told you, but all I know is she is on vacation. She hasn’t contacted us in weeks.” Tori insisted. 

“Don’t lie to me! If you’re hiding something, I don’t want you to get arrested for it!” Hank said.

“I’m not hiding anything!” Tori replied, confused.

“Look, I want to make this easy. If you didn’t do anything bad to Elana, and you know where she is, then we have no problem. Just be honest.” Hank said.

“Go bother Michael, go bother Michael, go bother Michael!” Tori said in her head, as Hank acted odd.

“But I tell you what, first I need to bother your brother...yeah, I need to make sure Michael is behaving.” Hank said, confused, as he got up and walked out of the room. 

“Did I just mind control my dad? This is getting weird...” Tori said, as she went to her room.

Hank then opens the room to Michael’s room, seeing him playing video games.

“Michael!” Hank said.

“Dad, what is it?” Michael asked.

“...I actually don’t know. What am I saying? Sorry, I’m really confused right now...” Hank said, as he closed the door and walked away. “Alright, I don’t know what just happened, but my daughter isn’t off the hook yet. I’m going to call in some top men to help in this case...” 

Thorn and Morgana are seen approaching Elana’s abandoned house. They entered the room, and looked around.

“This place is so old and dusty, why would anyone live here?” Thorn asked, as they went into the basement.

“Oops.” Morgana said, dropping Madison’s calculator.

“I have an idea too...” Thorn said, as she made her arms turn into her Iverian form, and shot an acidic blast around the floor, making it form an outline of a body. 

“Excellent...” Morgana said, as she moved the calculator closer to the outline. 

The two then left the house, and saw a shady vehicle approaching. They quickly ran off and hid, as the boat parked. Out of it appeared two agent fish dressed in black suits. 

“Is this the place?” one of them asked.

“That’s what the chief said. Let’s investigate this.” the other agent said, putting on sunglasses.

“Wait, why would you put on sunglasses when we’re entering a house?” the other asked.

“Agent Dilks, do not question my clothing decisions.” the agent replied.

“Affirmative, Agent Roy.” Dilks replied, as the two entered the house. 

Roy shined a flashlight around, as they investigated. They made their way to the basement, as Roy saw the body outline.

“This doesn’t look good, Agent Dilks.” Roy reported.

“What’s this?” Dilks asked, seeing the calculator on the ground.

“It’s evidence. Keep that contained.” Roy ordered, as Dilks put it in a plastic bag.

“A body outline and the only evidence is a calculator. It appears we might have a cold case, Agent Roy, as this calculator could belong to anybody in Posidonia...” Dilks said concerned.

“However, if we can do a fingerprint comparison using our forensic technology, we can see who touched it.” Roy said.

“Oh, right.” Dilks replied.

The next day, the girls and Jake are seen at a lunch table in school.

“So uh, my dad was asking me some crazy questions last night, and I think I have mind control powers.” Tori said.

“What a story.” Cynthia replied.

“Nick also apparently has some special knight powers now too. We hope he doesn’t use them to cheat in this silly race.” Jake said.

“Cynthia has a special power, Tori has two special powers, and now Nick has apparently some powers. Soon enough everyone but me will get an upgrade.” Madison said.

“You said you could talk to a calculator, maybe that's your upgrade?" Jake asked.

"Talking to technology? Maybe..." Madison wondered.

"What kind of crazy questions did your dad ask, Tori?” Audrey asked.

“He was interrogating me about Elana. They think we did something to her...” Tori said, when Roxy walked by.

“Hey guys, did you find any more info out about Elana?” Roxy asked.

“Nope, we’re as lost as you are. I’m one of her best friends, and I promise I know nothing.” Cynthia lied.

Suddenly, an aid approached them.

“Madison Landers, come with me. Now.” the aid said sternly, as Madison nervously gets up.

She is then seen in Thomson’s office, as Henry, Susan, Hank, and the two agents were there.

“Miss Landers, you have some explaining to do.” Thomson said.

“Mom, dad? What did I do now?” Madison asked, sighing. 

“We fear you might be involved in some criminal activity based on what Officer Hank told us.” Henry said, concerned.

“What? I’m not a criminal!” Madison pleaded.

“These two agents, whose names wish to remain confidential, were investigating Elana’s house, and found a calculator at the scene along with a suspicious body outline. They examined the calculator had your fingerprints on it, along with another set they could not identify.” Thomson explained, as Dilks held out the bag with the calculator.

“The evidence is right here.” Dilks said.

“That is my calculator, but I don’t know how it got there! It went missing...” Madison said.

“What, did it magically grow legs and walk there on its own?” Roy asked.

“...Maybe? But look, it has my fingerprints because I used it. You said there’s another set, it’s clear someone is trying to frame me. I’m telling you I did nothing to Elana.” Madison said.

“You’ve been acting a bit shady lately...but I don’t think my daughter would do anything criminal, officers.” Susan defended.

“Very well then. Dilks and I will go back to the house tonight to research more for any intrusions, and we'll see what we can find.” Roy said.

“Well then, you are free to go. Sorry for the commotion.” Thomson said.

“That’s the closest I’ll ever get to being on trial for a crime. This is all that stupid calculator’s fault! I just wonder who found it...” Madison said to herself, walking out, when she met Susan.

“I trust you for now, but I really hope you aren’t doing criminal things behind our back. Was Jake involved?” Susan asked.

“No, I’m telling you someone is trying to frame me. I lost that calculator, and we did nothing to Elana. We’re trying to contact her and see what the issue is.” Madison said.

“Sounds honest to me.” Henry said.

“Alright, have a good rest of the day, sweetie.” Susan said, as they left.

After school ends, Madison is seen with the girls and boys at the track place, where Nick is ready with multiple other runners. Nick is practicing sprints and stretching.

“Alright, I’m ready to win, I’m gonna win big!” Nick said.

“Promise you won’t cheat?” Cameron said.

“I promise, Nick Carson would never cheat at anything, unless if it was with chess with Zero!” Nick replied, as Zero was not amused. “But even that would be impossible to do!”

“Well, if it isn’t brainiac. Ready to settle this rivalry once and for all? We all know Ill win, but it’ll be fun to watch you try!” Doug said, walking up to Nick.

“Yeah, I’m ready! I sprinted for 100 miles earlier today, and I ran around two blocks!” Nick said cheerfully. 

“Race begins in 5 minutes.” an announcer yelled.

Thorn is seen holding a water jug, as she places it on a table for the runners. She smiled, as she walks by the heroes.

“That face...it looks familiar...” Audrey said.

“Wait, is that...Thorn?!” Cynthia asked, as the eight cornered her. She began laughing.

“It is! My arch-nemesis!” Nick said.

“Yeah, this is me. Who else could replicate my oh so beautiful looks? To the green knight, don’t think I forgot about you getting your nose in my oh so brilliant bank robbing scheme. I left like a nice surprise for you, so drink up!” Thorn said.

“Wow, and she sounds like even more of a valley girl.” Cynthia said.

“Wait...surprise. Oh man, I think she poisoned the water! DON’T DRINK THAT!” Nick said.

A fish was about to get a drink from the jug, when Nick jumped up and kicked it over, as the water spilled out onto the grass. It was shown to be purple, showing Thorn poisoned it.

“Hey, water’s not supposed to be purple! You saved me!” another fish said, as the other runners began to applause for Nick, as Doug was annoyed.

“I bet Thorn is the one who tried framing me!” Madison said.

They were about to confront her, but she was gone. Thorn was seen running towards Elana’s house, and she met up with Morgana outside another house.

“They took the bait, they are headed here. We can show them our so epic new powers!” Thorn said, as the gang is seen back at the track.

“I suspect she may be headed toward Elana’s abandoned residence to set up more bait to get the girls in trouble.” Zero said.

“You guys are leaving me?” Nick asked.

“Sorry Nick, but we have to stop her. She must be plotting something at Elana’s house, and we need to recapture her.” Jake said.

“We can hear about your victory in the news, I’m sure, or if you brag.” Tori said.

"Yeah, you got this. We’ll be giving you faraway moral support.” Cameron said.

“Alright, but if you need my help, you can contact me. I need to re-arrest Thorn, she is my arch-nemesis after all!” Nick said, going to the starting line.

The others ran off after Thorn, as Doug was lined up next to Nick.

“Ready, brainiac?” Doug asked.

“I already said yeah, unless you didn’t hear the first time.” Nick was saying.

“On your marks...get set....GO!!” the announcer yelled, as the racers were off sprinting.

As the other seven were off, they made their way to Elana’s house. They carefully went inside.

“It feels so creepy knowing nobody lives here anymore.” Audrey said.

“I have an idea to get the cops off our backs in case they come. I’ll get Elana to prove she was on vacation, while the rest of you can fight off Thorn.” Cynthia suggested.

“That might work, let’s go.” Madison said, as she opened a portal to Karmania in another room. She made the four girls transform, as the three knights powered up. Madison and Cynthia headed into the portal.

The remaining five continued searching the house, as they headed downstairs. They noticed the outline Thorn made on the ground.

“This outline was handmade, with an acidic substance.” Zero said, analyzing it.

“Yup, Thorn set us up. Let’s find her and put her back behind bars.” Cameron said.

Tori used her water powers to wash away the markings, as they kept searching. They headed out back to see Thorn and Morgana waiting.

“The prey walked right into our trap.” Morgana said, smiling.

“It's that creepy girl. You two worked together to do this?” Tori asked.

“Who released you from the rebel prison?” Jake asked.

“That’s like none of your business, but you wouldn’t live to know anyways! We have new surprises of our own too!” Thorn said.

Thorn transformed into her Iverian form, as Morgana began to turn into her spider Karmanian form. 

“Great, two creepy shapeshifting girls to fight.” Tori said, as Audrey let out a gust of wind at Morgana, but she jumped, avoiding it. 

Back at the race, Nick is seen in 7th, as Doug was ahead.

“Later, brainiac!” Doug taunted.

As Doug kept running, he then tripped and sprained his knee, falling to the ground. He held it in pain. Nick then ran up and helped him up.

“Are you okay?” Nick asked.

“Yeah...you helped me?” Doug asked, confused.

“Yeah, you may be a rival, but I can’t let you lose unfairly!” Nick said.

“Wow...first you saved that fish from the poisoned water, and now you saved me. You know brai...no, Nick, you aren’t so bad. Let’s finish this together man, no matter who wins!” Doug said.

Nick then got a contact from Zero, as Nick answered it in private.

“Nick, I know you are racing, but we need your help! Thorn has a comrade, and they are much more powerful!” Zero said, as he was hit by a toxic blast from Thorn, ending the transmission.

“Doug, I’m sorry, but I’ll be right back. Friends of mine need help, you can finish this race without me!” Nick said, as he ran off away from the track.

Back at Elana’s house, the five were trying to fight off Morgana and Thorn, but they were evasive, and delivering powerful attacks. Morgana shot out a web at Audrey, trapping her against the wall. She struggled to let go. Tori tried to save her, but Thorn released a purple mist from her hand, as it blinded Tori. Cameron jumped at Thorn with his sword, but she spun around him and kicked him to the ground. He got back up and attacked, but was hit by a blast from Thorn, knocking him back.

“Her poison can’t go through our metal, but it still packs a punch!” Cameron said.

Morgana shot more webs out at Jake, as he cut through them. Jake then cut Audrey loose, but Thorn shot a poisonous blast to him, knocking him into Zero. Zero tried to jab his sword at Morgana, but she jumped up and tried jumping back down on him, as he dodged. Audrey blew a whirlwind around Thorn, trapping her, but she shot a poison blast at Audrey, making her fall.

“Monster girls got a major upgrade since we last fought!” Tori said.

Suddenly, Nick went running at a super fast speed in his knight mode, as he jumped and kicked Thorn to the ground. His green stone was glowing, as he jumped up and punched Morgana.

“Ugh, you! We were on a so good winning streak!” Thorn said, annoyed.

“Nick, you quit the race? Why?” Jake asked.

“I couldn’t leave you guys at the wrath of my arch-nemesis, Zero said you guys needed help, so I’m here! Let’s finish this!” Nick said.

Dilks and Roy were seen parking their boat outside, as they got out. As Roy was walking to the door, he stopped himself.

“Wait, I just realized. I don’t need these sunglasses to go inside, that’s silly.” Roy said, as he walked back to put his sunglasses away.

Thorn shot more acidic blasts at Nick, but using his super speed, he avoided them and went charging right into Thorn, ramming her in the chest. She went flying into Morgana, tumbling down. Madison and Cynthia then flew into the scene.

“There you guys are? Where’s Elana?” Audrey asked, as they cornered Thorn and Morgana.

“Sorry if we left you hanging, but I think we have it under control.” Madison said.

“I see creepy spider girl is also working with the annoying toxic valley girl.” Cynthia pointed out.

“What did you call me?!” Thorn asked.

Morgana shot more webs angrily at the girls, but they flew around, as Audrey used her wind to send one flying back at the girls, trapping them.

“Alright, time to put you two back where you belong!” Nick said, as he began to scan them.

As it scanned them, it marked them “Guilty”. Thorn began to smile. Cynthia let out a rock blast to the machine, as it was sent flying to Morgana and Thorn. However, instead of capturing them, their bodies glowed dark, and it shattered the containment and web around them.

“What?! But this thing always works...right?” Nick asked, confused.

Thorn let out a purple mist, as the two escaped. The eight looked around, but they were gone.

“What just happened? Isn’t that knight device supposed to always work with our magic to imprison them?” Madison asked to Zero.

“It is supposed to. It seems they have found a way to resist it. It may be a spell, that is my only reasonable explanation.” Zero said.

“Any way you could reverse it?” Audrey asked.

“I don’t fully know what we are dealing with, so I cannot give a definite outcome.” Zero replied.

They then heard voices from inside the house.

“Oh man, that must be those agents!” Audrey said.

“Don’t worry, I got this.” Tori said, as they all powered down. Tori then approached the agents.

“What are you doing here, ma’am?” Dilks asked.

“Go to the airport.” Tori commanded to both multiple times.

“I think we need to go to the airport at once.” Dilks said.

“Affirmative. Meet us at the airport.” Roy said through a walkie talkie, as the two got into their boatmobile and drove off.

“That mind power is really one of a kind...and also morally ambiguous.” Nick said, concerned.

“Don’t worry, I won’t use it for anything too stupid.” Tori said.

The eight were then seen at the airport, as the two agents arrived with Hank. 

“There’s Elana!” Audrey said, as they saw Elana in vacation clothes with her adoptive parents, and they had luggages.

“Hey guys, sorry we took forever! I’ll tell you everything!” Elana said to them.

“...Well, I’ll be. She’s okay.” Hank said, surprised, eating a doughnut, as he began to talk through his walkie talkie.

“Case is closed, Agent Dilks. Let’s get back to serious work.” Roy said.

“I’m surprised you guys pulled this off in a short amount of time.” Cameron said.

“Yeah, we rushed. Anyways, I’ve decided I’m going to return to school for a limited time, but I’ll be back to doing queen duties full time after the semester is over.” Elana explained.

“I’m just glad I get to see you again in the normal world.” Cynthia said.

Nick is then seen heading back to the track, as Doug was waiting. The race was over, as some stayed behind.

"You waited?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I figured we should finish this rivalry together, boy." Doug said.

The two laughed, as they ran to the finish line. They both crossed it at the same time, as Doug slapped Nick on the back.

Meanwhile, Thorn and Morgana headed back to the cave. Valentina waits for them.

“Sorceress, they fell right into the trap. Their capture device failed to imprison us, and they got a taste of our new power.” Morgana reported.

“Good. The spell I cast will increase each time you fight them, so they have made you stronger.” Valentina explained.

“Also, please don’t pair me with her again.” Thorn demanded.

Brak is seen looking at the cave from his visor in the distance.

“So that’s where they are hiding. They won’t be for long...” Brak said, as he walked off.

_____

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Doug, Agent Dilks, and Agent Roy

-Area Debuts: Track Course and Airport

-New powers include: Mind control + changing colors of clothes (for Tori), making yourself older (Cynthia), talking to technology (Madison), and the ability to increase strength, jump high, and run fast (Nick).

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

Very cool episode, Tori's mind powers here are definitely handled better than the..."compelling" from you know where. I also liked how Nick didn't use his new power to cheat, that made things more interesting.

• Like 1

30. Smasher Returns

Valentina is seen in her cloak, walking through a canyon. She holds out her staff, and approaches a giant pile of rocks. 

“Under the rubble of stone and sorrow, you sleep here, Smasher. Once a powerful beast, how the mighty have fallen. But I can give you new life...” Valentina said.

She placed her staff in the ground, and whispered a spell. She let out electricity from her fins into it, as it shot a beam onto the pile, lifting up the rocks. She looked down into a pit, as it was glowing red. Out of the pit, The Smasher’s remaining body floated up, in poor condition. The spell surrounded it, as it kept glowing red. It began to heal, and out of the light, it appeared in new armor, with giant metallic wings out of its back. It floated in the air, as a light glowed inside its helmet.

“Welcome back to our world, Smasher. I control you now. Strong metal elementals like you deserve a powerful leader. I have a special task for you...” Valentina said, smiling, as it obeyed her.

Madison is seen waking up for school due to the alarm clock. She slams it, as a spark flies through it.

“Don’t hit me, it’s not nice!” the alarm clock yelled.

“Shut up.” Madison replied, as she got up.

She is then seen at school with her friends, Elana, and Jake, in the hallway. Cynthia noticed Madison seem annoyed.

“Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?” Cynthia asked.

“It’s this new power I have. Talking to technology is making me a bit crazy, I can’t touch my own phone without it coming to life, and they act pretty obnoxious...” Madison said.

“You’ll get the hang of it, just put those machines in their place, like I did to those agents with my mind control.” Tori said.

“I would like to talk to my phone, I think you have the best new power of us all.” Audrey complimented.

“It took me a lot of time to control my powers, I’m sure you’ll handle them.” Elana said.

“It’s just frustrating, especially since only I can hear them...” Madison said, as she pulled out her cell phone from the backpack.

“Put me down, Miss Landers!” the phone demanded, as Madison put it bag in her bag.

“Your power has an advantage, we could use this to stop the Federation robots if this Battlestar uses them.” Jake whispered to her.

“You have a point, I’m just feeling useless. All I can do with my Heart power is shoot balls from this jewelry, open and close portals, and now talk to machines.” Madison said, feeling regret.

“Don’t worry, you are still their leader for a reason. You are important, and there is something we all contribute to the team, even Nick.” Jake encouraged, as Madison smiled. The bell then rang for the first class.

“I’ve liked being queen, but I’ve weirdly kind of missed being in school with you guys. See you guys at lunch.” Elana said, as she met up with Roxy, walking off to class.

Later at the last class of the day, Jake is seen in a class with Trent.

“Hey dude, got a spare pencil?” Trent asked to Jake.

“Yeah, here,” Jake said, tossing it to him.

“So, this might not be the best time to ask, but is Maddie free after-school? I’ve been wanting to hang out with her again.” Trent asked to Jake.

“I’ll see what her schedule holds, but you’re welcome to our house...unless our relatives are over, but you don’t have to worry about that.” Jake said to him.

At the Battlestar base, Brak and Slypox approach Skorch, looking at a map, when Broodwing hops down from a ceiling.

“Broodwing, what brings you here?” Brak asked.

“I am here to make an offer with Skorch.” Broodwing replied.

“What do you want?” Skorch asked.

“Since Ramos is gone, I need a new business partner. I have a surplus of Slayer robots. They’d be useful to help your army, but they come at a fee.” Broodwing offered.

“Those pieces of garbage have proven time and time again they are ineffective, what difference will they make now?!” Slypox asked.

“Hey now, these are beautiful pieces of technology. The goons Ramos hired just didn’t know how to use them properly. But in the right hands of skilled Battlestar soldiers, they would be powerful. I’ll even throw in some new battle technology for an additional price, of course...” Broodwing bargained.

“You are greedy, but persuasive. I’ll take it all.” Skorch replied.

“Excellent, Admiral.” Broodwing replied.

“As for you two, have you found anything on the escaped prisoners’ whereabouts?” Skorch asked.

“No sir, but I promise I’ll hunt ‘em down!” Slypox promised.

“No, but I may have a lead...” Brak lied, smiling.

Later around sunset, at the Karmanian cave containing the released prisoners, Vinerox, Deckel and Argros are seen talking to each other.

“You know, I wonder if this sorceress has our best interests in mind. She has yet to use us for anything, and seems to be keeping us in the dark, so I wonder if she may have...an ulterior motive for our releases.” Deckel pondered.

“She let the girls go out for a mission, but not us!” Argros said angrily.

“I’ve been thinking about leaving this place, I’m unstoppable now since I can’t be imprisoned again. Why do I need those girls, or you fools, for that matter?” Vinerox asked.

“Better yet, why don’t us three form a...partnership? The girls could be plotting...against us! We should ally in case they try any funny business, what do you say?” Deckel asked.

“I suppose, as long as you two don’t get in my way.” Vinerox threatened.

“I guess I got nothing to lose.” Argros replied, as they shook hands.

Thorn is seen walking down another part of the cavern, as steam was filling the cave.

“I so need to relax in this spring...” Thorn said.

“Not if I get there first, loser.” Morgana said, laughing, as she appeared from out of the shadows.

“No, it’s mine!” Thorn said, racing her.

“I just hope she didn’t-” Morgana was saying, as the two ran into the hot spring.

They were disappointed to see Valentina resting in the water, with the rest of her body underwater while her head was out. She folded her arms around her head, as she floated backward. 

“There’s plenty of room, you can come in. Don’t be shy.” Valentina offered.

“No thanks, I prefer my privacy.” Morgana replied awkwardly.

“You use that thing like way too much, why do you need it so badly?” Thorn asked.

“Believe me, with the stress I have, I need to relax.” Valentina replied angrily. 

“Whatever, just stop being greedy and save some for us.” Morgana said, as she walked off with Thorn.

“Ungrateful brats. I won’t have to put up with them for much longer though...” Valentina said.

She shot a small magical amount of electricity from her fins into the pool water. It began boiling, making it warmer, as she kept relaxing. 

“I need a clear mind, especially in these times. My plan is coming into play...” Valentina said, as she formed an image in the pool showing the resurrected Smasher.

The Smasher is seen flying towards Queen Elana’s castle. 

“What is that?!” a guard asked, as they saw it from a lookout post.

They began firing their catapults at once, but their attacks had no effect on its new armor. It shot a powerful beam back, making the outpost explode. Elana ran outside to a balcony with her adoptive parents, to see The Smasher attacking the villages nearby, with flames everywhere.

“What is that thing?!” Elana asked.

“That’s The Smasher, one of the most powerful Federation controlled beasts...” her adoptive dad said.

“But I thought it was destroyed by the guardians!” her adoptive mom said, as a guard ran up.

“Queen, we need to get you, Mr. Vince and Mrs. Mariette to safety!” the guard said, as they ran back inside. 

“I’ll try to fight it off, I don’t want to bother my friends when they just got out of school.” Elana said.

“Elana, it’s too dangerous! I’m sure they’ll understand!” Mariette said.

“She can handle herself, milady. She has proven she is strong enough.” the guard reassured.

“Okay... but we’ll be here by your side.” Vince reassured to Elana.

Elana is then seen on the ground approaching the giant Smasher. It smashed its foot onto a cart, destroying it. Multiple buildings were on fire or in ruin, as Karmanian villagers were fleeing everywhere. 

“You, listen here! I’m the Queen, and I command you to stop!” Elana yelled to The Smasher.

It turned around, about to shoot a laser at her from its helmet, but it strangely began to crumble to dust. Valentina saw this from her pool image, confused.

“What...how is this possible?!” Valentina asked, shooting electricity into the wall angrily.

The Smasher then quickly flew away before it crumbled to dust further, confusing Elana and the guards.

“The Queen has saved us!” a villager yelled.

“I guess...but not for long.” Elana said concerned, seeing The Smasher flying off.

“Seems like queenie will be more of a problem than I thought. I better find that big thing...” Valentina said, as she washed her hair and reached for her clothes.

Valentina then walks out and sees the five prisoners standing around.

“I’m going out to handle some things. Stay put...and by the way, if you try to turn on me, I highly advise not to.” Valentina said.

“What? Now what would give you that ludicrous idea?” Deckel asked.

“I’m just making a message clear. You don’t know what I am capable of. I saved you when nobody else wants lowlives like you, so you will respect me.” Valentina threatened.

“Of course we respect you, sorceress...” Vinerox said, as Valentina left.

“I’m going exploring, I so need to get out of this cave.” Thorn said, as she walked off.

“I’ll go with her, I guess, since I don’t want to sit in this place any longer.” Morgana said, as she also walked off.

“Do you think she’s onto us?” Argros asked.

“Of course she is, but I just wonder how...” Deckel pondered, when they heard footsteps. 

“Hello gentlemen.” Brak said.

“Who are you and how did you find us?” Vinerox asked, ready to attack.

“Stand down. I am General Brak of the Battlestar. Admiral Skorch extends an invitation to you. Join us. We could use more soldiers.” Brak offered.

“I don’t know, what’s in it for us?” Argros asked.

“The Battlestar has the best technology around to make you very powerful, and you would not have to stay in hiding anymore. I bet you three would love to be feared again, hmm?” Brak offered.

“You do have a good proposition, but... she would not like it.” Deckel said.

“Whoever this “she” is, she is not your keeper. Ask yourselves if she really cares about you, and wonder if she is just using you.” Brak said.

“We’ll consider it, but I would suggest getting out of here, before the others arrive.” Vinerox said.

“Very well then. I will return tomorrow at this exact time to hear your decision...” Brak said, as he left.

Slypox was scouting around, and he saw Brak leaving the cave.

“Now what is he doing there?” Slypox asked curiously.

Brak was walking, when he approached Slypox.

“Slypox, any luck?” Brak asked.

“I could ask you the same thing. What an interesting cave over there, mind telling me what’s inside?” Slypox asked.

“Nothing. I thought I saw someone enter it, but it turned out to be empty. I promise.” Brak said.

“Alrighty then.” Slypox replied, a bit suspicious.

The heroes are seen meeting with Ranen and Mai at the dojo for a briefing.

“We have some major news. It appears an old enemy, The Smasher, has returned. It somehow was resurrected, and attacked multiple villages earlier.” Ranen said.

“What? But we buried that thing!” Cameron replied.

“Plus, didn’t Zero say it was probably done for?” Tori asked.

“I said probably, not definitely. There’s a big difference.” Zero replied.

“Heh, “big”, just like The Smasher.” Nick said.

“We took down that thing once, we can do it again, right?” Madison asked.

“It was stated to look different and more powerful. Queen Elana somehow was able to scare it off.” Ranen was saying.

“That’s good!” Nick said.

“...But it could return, it is still out there somewhere.” Ranen continued.

“That’s bad!” Nick said.

“Yes, it is. Another problem is that we can’t capture Thorn and Morgana.” Cynthia said.

“Yeah, any idea what is up with that?” Audrey asked.

“It appears someone has used a dark spell to prevent them being nullified by the professor’s device.” Mai said.

“Zero theorized there could be a potion to reverse it. Does the Bazaar have one?” Cameron asked.

“It might, but I don’t know for sure. I’d recommend to go there, because you have to find The Smasher and neutralize it before it can continue its rampage.” Ranen ordered.

“Oh man, Trent is going to visit our house to see if he can hang out with Madison.” Jake said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?! Ugh, whatever, he’ll have to wait.” Madison said.

“Sorry, but I assumed we had no problem. He might be eating dinner now anyways, so I wouldn’t worry...whoops, there I go assuming again.” Jake said.

“Never make the mistake of assuming, all of us should be prepared for any threats, that includes putting aside any personal activities.” Zero said.

“You can’t keep blowing him off forever.” Tori said to Madison.

“I know, but I don’t know what to do. Look, after we defeat The Smasher, I will go to his house and ask him if he wants to hang out. That’s initiative, right?” Madison said.

“It’s a start.” Cynthia said.

Madison then opened a portal, as they went through it. They appeared at the Bazaar, looking around.

“Well, I guess we can look for a potion while we’re here.” Jake said.

“At least this place wasn’t attacked.” Cameron said, seeing the buildings were fine.

The Smasher is seen flying to a forest. All the animals run off in a hurry, as it lands to the ground, knocking down trees. Valentina appears on a cliff, facing the giant.

“Seems like that queen’s power is undoing my revival spell, and turning you back to ash. There is no way I can undo this, but I could delay it.” Valentina said, as she whispered another spell and shot it into The Smasher. “Before you go on a rampage again, I need your help for something real quick...”

Back at the Bazaar, the gang keeps looking around at the potions.

“Whoa, this is freaky.” Nick said, as he looked through an empty bottle, as it enlarged his face.

“Got any potions that can undo dark spells?” Tori asked to a merchant.

“No.” the merchant replied.

“Got any potions that can undo dark spells?” Audrey asked to another merchant.

“No.” the merchant replied.

“Got any potions that can make my hair beautiful?” Cynthia asked to another merchant.

“No.” the merchant replied, as the heroes regrouped.

“I asked as many merchants as I could, and nobody seems to have any potions that can help us. Looks like we’ll need to find our own solution for this.” Cameron said.

“Eh, buying a potion would be the cheap way out anyways, we come from Posidonia, a country all about working to achieve big dreams!” Nick said.

As soon as that was said, they felt the ground shake. The Smasher landed, and began firing at buildings.

“Speaking of big...” Tori said, as they all powered up.

Hey big guy, you look...different.” Audrey said, a bit nervous, as she flew up to see it had new patterns on its armor, and looked much more menacing.

It then swung its mace at Audrey. As she tried to avoid, it hit her, sending her flying onto a roof. She then swam back up.

“Guys, be careful, this thing is strongerl!” Audrey said, as she saw it shoot a laser from the helmet onto a building.

“The guardians and knights are here to save us!” a villager said, as The Smasher swung his mace at him.

Cameron then jumped and pushed the villager out of the way, as the mace went smashing into another building.

“Try to stay out of the way next time.” Cameron said to the villager, as they ran off.

Cynthia lifted up rocks, sending them flying into The Smasher, but it they broke apart. Madison then shot a heart blast at its helmet, but it swatted her aside, sending her flying onto a roof. She got up, slightly hurt. 

“Madison, aim for that opening in his helmet where we attacked it last time!” Jake yelled up to her, as he was saving villagers, dodging The Smasher’s attacks.

“Guys, let’s attack the-” Madison was saying, when The Smasher turned around to show that its helmet no longer had an easy spot to attack the opening. “Never mind.”

“So much for sending our attacks into its helmet again-” Tori was saying, when it fired another powerful beam. “WHOA!”

Tori barely swam out of the way, as it went exploding into the ground, leaving a crater. She shot a whirlpool at its mace to take it out of its hand, but it was too strong, resisting the pull. 

“What can I do?” Madison asked, as she tried shooting a heart blast at its arm, but it had no effect. It then was about to swing its mace at Madison, but a rock hit it from the back.

It turned around to see Queen Elana arrived with her army.

“Be gone, beast!” Elana yelled, as she shot beams of light at it, which did little damage to its armor. The heroes regrouped to her side.

“So Queen Elana, how will you scare it away this time? Are you going to send it flying with a light blast? I’m excited!” Nick asked.

“Uh... well, as soon as I appeared last time, it was crumbling to dust. But now it’s not...” Elana said, nervous, as The Smasher stomped forward, approaching them.

“Attack it with everything you have then!” a rebel yelled.

The girls, Elana, knights and rebel army all fired an onslaught of attacks at once at it, barely damaging it. The smoke moved off of its armor from the attack, as it began powering up a beam from its helmet. However, Elana’s presence finally kicked in, as it began to turn to sand again.

“Now it's giving up?” Elana asked.

It angrily threw its mace into the ground, as it activated its wings. It then flew off, as it stopped turning into sand. The villagers cheered, coming out of hiding, as they began to repair the damage.

“Now you sent it flying, that’s my girl!” Cynthia said, patting Elana on the back.

“I don’t understand, why did it take so long to run away this time?” Audrey asked.

“I don’t know either, but be ready. It will return.” Elana said.

“Yeah, at least you can fight it off...” Madison said, feeling like a loser.

Valentina is then walking through a tunnel, and sees a giant lake surrounded by crystals. She then dipped her staff into the water, as it began glowing.

“Using these beasts as distractions is too easy. I almost feel bad for them, but only almost.” Valentina said, having a flashback to before The Smasher attacked the Bazaar.

The flashback shows Valentina and The Smasher approaching a mountain, with a giant avalanche of rocks covering the mountain and path.

“Oh powerful Smasher, your strength really would help me get through here. My magic simply is not enough to get through this giant blockade...” Valentina said to it.

It then let out a laser beam, making the rocks go flying everywhere. Valentina ducked from the rocks, as she looked up to see the attack opened an entrance.

“Thank you, go have some fun now, dear.” Valentina replied, as she walked through.

She then let out an electric blast into the water, as the water split in half. At the end of the splitting water, was a glowing blue orb of water, shining like a crystal. Valentina levitated it into her staff with electricity.

“The Crystal Water Sphere is mine-” Valentina was saying, when she felt a phone vibration. She opened it up to see a text from Trent, reading “what’s for dinner”. “Ugh, I’ll have to wait to use its power.”

She then opened a portal with the staff and went through it. Trent is then seen knocking on the door of Madison’s house, as Henry answered.

“Hey, are Madison and Jake home?” Trent asked.

“Nope, they said they’d be back soon. And they said that like 30 minutes ago, so I don’t know how soon is soon.” Henry replied.

“Alright then. Tell them they can go visit my house, I’ll be home.” Trent said, sighing.

He then went back home, to see Valentina making food.

“Where were you?” she asked.

“Oh, I was just hoping...Madison and Jake were home, but I guess not.” Trent said, as Valentina smiled.

“You can see them again if you want. I can make it happen.” Valentina said.

“What are you talking about?” Trent asked.

Valentina then put the white knight bracelet around his arm, and activated it. He then glowed and turned into his White Knight form.

“I am ready to serve, sorceress.” The White Knight said, bowing.

“Excellent, I think they could use another distraction while I finish dinner...” Valentina said, as she kept cooking.

Diggy is seen looking at the destroyed Bazaar buildings through a telescope.

“What’s going on over there?” one of his customers asked.

“Seems like a lotta trouble. Hopefully it doesn’t find its way here, I don’t want this place destroyed!” Diggy said.

As his customers were drinking, they felt the ground began to shake. A loud crash was heard, as the tables fell over.

“WHAT IS THAT?!” a customer asked, freaking out, as it pointed to The Smasher in the distance.

“That ain’t good. Uhh, sorry folks, but it appears Diggy’s Place is closed for the time being! Please run and be safe!” Diggy said, as he fled back inside his trailer, as the customers fled.

The heroes went to the scene, after seeing it land there. The knights were running through the town, when Nick briefly sees The White Knight leaning against a building. He turns around and gasps.

“Uh...guys.” Nick said, as the other three stopped when they saw him. He began laughing.

“Not this guy again...” Cameron said, readying his sword, as the girls flew down when they saw this.

“You!” Madison said.

“You pathetic people think you can stop The Smasher?” The White Knight asked.

“Hey, I don’t see you stopping it.” Cynthia said.

“I don’t need to, because I know it’s a battle I can’t win. The knights know this, and so does the heart keeper.” The White Knight said, making Madison sad, but she got over it.

“At least we’re trying, so back off, jerk!” Madison said.

“We’ll handle him. You two go help the rebels fight off The Smasher.” Jake said, as they heard another explosion.

The girls flew off, as the knights charged at The White Knight.

At the Battlestar base, a beast soldier comes up to Skorch.

“Sir, I have news. It appears Central Karmania has been under attack by The Smasher, who has somehow returned after his presumed destruction. And the guardians are busy fighting it.” the soldier reported.

“It’s back? Interesting, this could be an advantage to us. While that behemoth keeps them busy, we shall attack the rebel prison.” Skorch said.

“Good call, they won’t see it coming!” Slypox said.

“Bring me Heavy!” Skorch demanded.

A metallic beast is seen coming out of a hallway, as it smashed its hands together, which looked like two iron bars. It had glowing eyes, and metal around its head.

“I’ll crush right through their prison walls, Admiral!” Heavy said.

Brak then activated his machines, as they flew around Heavy, making him glow. 

“Take these for help.” Skorch said, giving him Slayer balls and equipment. “Slypox, aide him in case things get complicated.”

“Yes sir, and I know the right path to the prison again! Follow me!” Slypox said, as he left with Heavy.

Back in the slums, Elana, the guardians and rebel armies assaulted The Smasher, but nothing was damaging it. Madison flew up and shot more heart blasts at its helmet, but it swung its mace at her. It hit her and sent her flying into a tree. As Madison got out of the tree, she saw The White Knight shooting laser arrows at the knights, knocking them down to the ground. Jake got up and jumped at him, but he grabbed Jake and sent him flying into a building. Nick and Zero tried to clash their swords, but the White Knight was too powerful, as it sent them flying off, back to the ground. Cameron then jumped up at him, but he punched Cameron right in the stomach, and slammed him into the ground.

“They're getting hurt badly...I can’t sit back and do nothing!” Madison said, as she swam to The White Knight, shooting a heart blast at him, but he blocked it with his sword.

“Trying to help? It’s too late, they stand no chance. And neither do you...” The White Knight said.

“Madison, you must get away, he is far too dangerous.” Zero said, as he got up.

Zero charged up his sword, as he clashed again with the White Knight. He then let out an electric shock, but the White Knight absorbed the attack into the dagger sword. He sent it flying straight at Madison.

“NOO!” the knights yelled.

Madison then put her fins out, and suddenly, the electric blast stopped right in its tracks. She then rolled it into a lightning ball.

“What...” The White Knight said angrily, as the knights were surprised.

“I don’t know how I’m doing this, but I’m not going to complain! Get out of the way!” Madison yelled, as the four knights dodged.

The White Knight readied another attack, but Madison then let go of the lightning ball, as it went shooting at The White Knight super fast. It sent both attacks back at him, and sent him flying right into the woods.

“So, Madison knows electricity now, I guess? Awesome!” Jake said.

“I guess so! Wow, I finally did something!” Madison said.

“Wow, I guess you talking to electronics makes sense now. Or not, but cool! Now if lightning ever tries to strike you, you can stop it!” Nick said.

“We’ll have to save the congratulations, as I have dreadful news. It seems a beast is attacking the rebel prison, and they need back-up.” Zero said, looking at a message on his knight communicator.

“But what about them?” Nick asked, as they saw Elana, the other guardians and rebel army still attacking.

Elana made The Smasher turn to sand again, but it flew up. It went out of sight, but when crashing down behind them, as it launched more laser beams.

“Maybe we need to split into the A and B teams again. This time though, not for competition.” Jake offered.

“Yes, I believe Madison’s new lightning powers can stop The Smasher.” Zero said.

“Alright, I’ll tell the others,” Madison said, as she floated up to the other three girls and explained what happened.

“You can control electricity now? Awesome.” Tori said.

“And someone is attacking the rebel prison? Not awesome.” Cynthia said. “But still, congratulations.”

“Yeah, so we need to split up. Zero says I might be able to defeat this thing, so Tori and Audrey can go stop whoever is at the rebel prison with Nick and Zero, while the rest of us can handle this thing.” Madison ordered.

“See Maddie, you had a secret power in you.” Elana said, regrouping with them, as she shot another light blast at The Smasher, with no effect. 

Audrey, Tori, Nick and Zero then ran off to Mt. Spire, while the rest attacked The Smasher. Madison then channeled her power, trying to find a way to attack The Smasher, but nothing happened.

“I hope this wasn’t a one time thing...” Madison said.

Outside the rebel prison, the rebels attacked Heavy, Slypox, and several Slayers, but they kept marching forward. The Slayers fired lasers, but Audrey swooped in, sending a heavy gust at the Slayers, blowing them back.

“Gah, how did you get here so quickly?!” Slypox asked, charging up an energy ball.

“I have super speed now, if that counts-” Nick was saying, as Slypox launched an energy ball, but Zero blocked it. He sent it flying right into a blue Slayer, destroying it.

Heavy then smashed his iron hands to the ground, as it made Nick and Zero fall over. Slypox shot another energy ball at Tori, but she was able to capture it in a whirlpool, and sent it flying into three black Slayers. Nick and Zero got back up as they clashed swords with Heavy, but he smashed them with his hands, sending them to the ground.

“Don’t worry guys, we can handle this metalhead. You can take care of the remaining metalheads.” Tori said, shooting a water blast at Heavy.

Nick and Zero then gashed at the remaining Slayers, destroying them. 

“This is futile!” Slypox said, as he shot more energy balls. One hit a rebel, sending him flying off the cliff. 

Heavy then jumped up and was about to crash down on Zero with his hands. However, Tori then caught him in air and began mind controlling him.

“Smash Slypox!” Tori ordered.

Heavy then changed his direction, and as Slypox was clashing his blades with Nick’s sword, Nick got out of the way.

“Whoa!” Nick said.

“Hey, what are you doing, you fo-” Slypox was saying, as Heavy smashed him to the ground. Slypox then got back up and sent an energy ball at Heavy.

“I’m sorry general...that water girl, I think she controlled me or something, but I’ll crush them!” Heavy said, smashing his hands together again. 

He activated the battle armor around him, as he fired lasers at them, but they dodged.

“Just make sure they are destroyed, it appears this assault will have to be abandoned!” Slypox said, as he ran off.

Zero then charged up and let out a shock onto Heavy’s battle armor, disabling it. He punched him, as he slammed Zero together with his hands. However, Nick then gashed at him, and Tori lifted Heavy up with a whirlpool, sending him flying up, as he went smashing into the Mt. Spire wall. He got back out, as Audrey used the wind to blow multiple rocks at him, but he kept blocking them with his hands. He smashed the ground again, but Zero jumped up and let out a shock onto his body, as he was electrocuted.

“GWAHH!!” Heavy yelled, as he fell to the ground, in pain.

Tori and Audrey then lifted him up at once and sent him slamming to the ground again. Zero then pulled out his scanner and analyzed him, as it marked him “Guilty”. Tori sent out a water blast onto the containment unit, as it fired at Heavy, trapping him.

“Thank you guys, we’ll take him from here.” a rebel said, taking Heavy away.

“Alright, now that they are safe, let’s finish Smasher once and for all!” Audrey said.

Back at the slums, The Smasher kept firing lasers everywhere. Elana then got into its path again, as the rebels shot boulders from their catapult at it. The Smasher began to crumble to dust, but it flew off again, heading to a canyon. 

“He’s heading to the canyon where we defeated him!” Cameron said.

“Guess he wants to end this the way it started.” Cynthia said.

“We’ll clean up the damage, you guys get that thing!” Elana ordered, as they went off.

The A team then regrouped with the B

“We took care of the threat.” Zero said.

“Great, but we have that giant thing below!” Cynthia said, as they looked down from the cliff to see The Smasher waiting for them in the canyon. It fired a laser at the cliff, as they scattered. The rest of it went falling down below. 

“Madison, to channel the electricity, I believe you need to have a calm mind despite the situation. Keep your focus.” Zero said.

“I’ll try.” Madison said, as she was looking at The Smasher.

As it swung its mace at her, Madison kept a calm mind. She let out a jolt of lightning from her fins, as it zapped the mace out of Smasher’s hand. Cynthia threw more rocks at it, as it began to lose its balance. 

“I just realized...can we even keep this thing at Mt. Spire?” Nick asked.

“We can’t, it’s too big. So we’ll have to send this thing as faraway as possible.” Jake said.

“No problem.” Madison said, as she shot another bolt of electricity at its helmet, as it left a scratch.

The Smasher then powered up a powerful beam, but Madison shot another beam right into the helmet, as it fell back against the cliff, with smoke coming out. Valentina then saw this from a canyon cliff.

“She has gained the power.” Valentina said neutrally.

The Smasher tried to fly up and escape, as Madison threw another lightning strike through its armor, leaving a giant crack. The Smasher began to panic, shooting another laser from its helmet, but Madison countered with another electricity strike. They collided, making smoke everywhere. Madison shot an electricity ball right into a crack in the armor, as it let out an explosion. She then shot more sparks at its wings, as they began to go out of control. The Smasher had enough and began to power up another powerful beam.

“This is it...” Cameron was saying.

Madison then shot one last electricity strike into the beam, as they collided. Her blast began to overpower the beam, as it went exploding into The Smasher. It went flying across Central Karmania, as it began to crack and explode. It is seen landing into a huge body of water. As it falls into it, a giant explosion of light comes out of the water, with the tides bursting up. The Smasher’s helmet is seen going flying, as it floats up in the water.

“I...did it. I finally did something!” Madison said, coughing, extremely tired. She floated back to the ground, as everyone powered down back to normal.

“See, you are the leader for a reason.” Cynthia said.

“And we’ll never see The Smasher again...hopefully...” Nick said, a bit concerned, as Elana approached them.

“I saw it. You did it, Madison! I knew you could do it. We have some damage to repair, so you guys can head back now, since the threat is contained.” Elana said.

The heroes are seen back at the Golden Seahorse, as Madison tells Mai the story.

“So yeah, I guess I have the element of Electricity now? That’s cool, but I thought I was Heart?” Madison asked, a bit confused.

“No, you have unlocked Aether. It is one of the most powerful Karmanian elements, containing not just power of electrical power, but much more than you have yet to explore. It seems that the council felt this was the next element for you to evolve to. I am proud of you.” Mai explained.

“Wow, not just electricity, but even more powers we don’t know about?” Jake asked.

“Yes, but do not get let the power go to your head, Madison.” Mai said, concerned.

“I won’t, I wanted to do more, but we’re all important to the team in our own ways.” Madison said.

“Speaking of important, don’t you have a date with somebody?” Cameron asked.

“Oh man, Trent! I’ll be back!” Madison said, as she is seen knocking on his door. Valentina opens it, startling Madison. “Uh...hi, is Trent home?”

“...Yes. Trent, your friend is here.” Valentina replied, a bit annoyed, as Trent opened it to see her.

“Hey Trent, sorry I’m late. I got stuck in a problem, but it’s all good now!” Madison said.

“That’s great, I had a problem myself...but it’s fine, I guess.” Trent said, a bit confused, but both of them laughed, as they walked off.

Valentina then looked at this annoyed, and closed the door.

_______

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Heavy

-Metal and Aether are revealed to be two of the 18 Karmanian elemental powers.

-Elana's adoptive parents' names are revealed to be Vince and Mariette. 

-Madison gains the power of Aether, controlling electricity.

-The A and B teams are mentioned again (from episode 17).

• Like 3

Ooh, I love Madison's new power. It was also really cool to see Elana fighting against the Smasher.

10 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

“It was stated to look different and more powerful. Queen Elana somehow was able to scare it off.” Ranen was saying.

“That’s good!” Nick said.

“...But it could return, it is still out there somewhere.” Ranen continued.

“That’s bad!” Nick said.

Liked the Simpsons reference too.

• Like 1

31. Evil Stone

The guardians, knights and Elana are seen patrolling around Central Karmania. They are close to where Valentina's cave is. 

"Are we sure this is the place?" Cameron asked.

"That's what Commander Ranen said, he claims there are reports of suspicious activity around here." Zero said, scanning the area with his eyes.

"I'm flattered you guys want to take me along for one of your missions, but I don't know if you need me." Elana said.

"Who knows, but at least you get to do more than just sitting around on a throne." Cynthia said.

Brak is seen in a red battle armor, as he looks down at the eight from a cliff. As Audrey was flying, she quickly saw him, and stopped.

"Who is that?" Audrey asked, as all nine looked at Brak.

"You all look smaller in person." Brak threatened.

"Too scared to come down and fight?" Cynthia asked.

"Fear isn't in my dictionary, but you should be afraid, especially of me. SLAYERS!" Brak commanded, as a bunch of Slayers appeared out of hiding, cornering the gang.

"Is it just me or does this guy bare an uncanny resemblance to Ramos?" Nick pondered.

"Maybe he's a Ramos cosplayer." Audrey joked, attacking an orange Slayer.

"Have fun with them, friends." Brak said, about to leave, when Madison flew up in front of him.

"I don't think so!" Madison said, as she shot lightning from her fins at him, but he blocked it with his staff. "Whoa..."

Brak then swiftly ran up and hit Madison with his staff, sending her flying into a rock.

"This guy is tough..." Madison said, flying back up to Brak, to see he was gone.

Down below, the rest were fighting off the Slayers, as Zero and Jake sliced through several black ones. 

"I don't know if you guys really need my help fighting these things." Elana said, as she channeled a light blast into one, vaporizing it.

"Hey, at least now you have a taste of destroying these things." Tori said.

"These blue and orange ones seem stronger!" Cynthia said, as they were shooting powerful blasts, blowing up rocks into many pieces.

"No worries, just hit 'em harder." Tori said, launching a powerful water slice multiple times through a blue one, destroying it. 

Madison shot a lightning bolt right at an orange one's head, blowing it off. The rest of its body stood there, as Nick pushed it over. Cynthia buried the remaining ones under rocks, as the Slayers were finished.

"Well that was a waste of time, but where did the creepy guy go?" Cynthia asked.

"He got away, but I'm sure we'll see whoever that was again." Madison replied, as they headed back.

Brak is then seen wandering outside Valentina's cave, and meets with Argros, Deckel and Vinerox in a secret area.

"Time is up. Have you decided?" Brak asked.

"Yes, we'll join you-" Argros was saying, when electricity began to shock all three, making them fall to the ground in pain.

"What?!" Brak yelled in surprise, as he was hit by lightning too.

Valentina appeared, controlling the electricity.

"So, you three thought you could betray me? Do you take me for a fool?" Valentina asked, shocking them harder, as Brak angrily fled.

She levitated all three up and threw them aside, hurting them badly.

"We're s-s-sorry milady, we w-would never bet-" Deckel was saying, as Valentina shocked him again.

"Enough, I know what you were planning. If I see you talking to him again, you will be destroyed." Valentina threatened, walking away, and all three were scared.

As it grows darker out in Karmania, Brak is seen entering back into the Battlestar base. He notices a new beast is talking to Skorch and Slypox.

"General Brak, you are just in time to meet our newest ally." Skorch replied, seeing him.

"Who is this?" Brak asked.

"I am Oblidicus, one of the most powerful beasts in Karmania, and most destructive dark elementals." Oblidicus replied, who had dark armor on with spikes, sharp fangs, and had a spiky black sword on his back.

"He says he can steal the evil." Slypox said.

"The what now?" Brak asked.

"The evil is a powerful stone of pure darkness. Its power awakens every 100 years, and tomorrow is the day. The most powerful dark elementals will try to steal it, but I will steal it for you. However, it is guarded by an ancient warrior, and I must remove them out of my way. I need to find where the warrior is." Oblidicus explained.

"I like what I am hearing, but can you handle yourself against the guardians and knights?" Skorch asked.

"Of course I can, you don't know what I am capable of. I will take any of your equipment though for extra firepower. I may need it for my friends..." Oblidicus said.

"Friends?" Slypox asked.

"I am a part of a thief trio called the Shadow Bandits. I have not been in contact with my other two comrades in a while, but I will attempt to find them tonight." Oblidicus said.

"The Shadow Bandits, eh? I've heard that name before..." Slypox said.

"We have stolen many powerful artifacts throughout Karmania in the past, but the group went our separate ways for a bit. However, tonight I will bring us back together, and I promise we'll take the stone's power for you." Oblidicus promised.

"Good, do not let me down." Skorch said.

The heroes are seen back wandering through Posidonia Fields at night. As they headed to the Golden Seahorse, they looked at Halloween decorations on houses and buildings.

"I love looking at these decorations around Halloween time. It makes me remember when I went trick-or-treating...good times, they seem so long ago." Nick reminisced.

"I've outgrown it, but my little brother will want me to go with him, sadly." Tori said.

"I can't believe that it'll already be in a week from tomorrow, this year is flying by." Audrey said.

"It doesn't feel like it half the time." Tori replied.

"That's what happens when you're busy protecting another world half the time." Cynthia added as they entered into the Golden Seahorse, which now had a few Halloween decorations outside.

As Mai handed a customer their food, she met with the gang.

"How did your search go?" Mai asked.

"We saw a creepy dude, and they attacked us with Slayers, but we took care of them. We don't know who they were though." Jake explained, as Zero looked concerned over something.

"What's wrong, doc?" Cameron asked.

"Something is troubling me about that mysterious character we faced. When I analyzed him, I detected no Karmanian DNA. That means he is a normal fish." Zero said.

"That's odd, why would they be in Karmania?" Madison asked.

"Sounds like we have another mystery to deal with." Jake said.

"You'll have to figure that out later. Ranen just told me a rebel detected a shady character close to Elana's castle, and wants you to investigate." Mai explained.

"Already? We just got back from the last mission!" Cynthia complained.

"Don't whine, it's our duty to always be ready." Cameron said.

"I just don't want to stay up too late, I need my sleep too." Cynthia said.

"At least it's not a school night." Audrey said.

Oblidicus is seen traveling through the town near Elana's castle, hiding in the shadows and wearing a cloak. His eyes glow green, as he looks around.

"Where is that stone..." Oblidicus said to himself, as he was holding a device.

The gang appeared out of a portal, as Madison closed it from behind. They got in their forms, and began looking through the town. Oblidicus was traveling through the town, when Cameron spotted him.

"Hey, who are you?" Cameron asked, pointing his sword at him.

"Gah, wretched knight, get out of my way!" Oblidicus yelled, as he threw off the cloak and pulled out his sword, startling Cameron.

"Hey Cameron, what did you find...oh." Jake said, as the three knights approached him and froze when they saw Oblidicus.

"Creepy looking? Check. Scary looking? Check. Evil looking? Check. Yup, must be our guy." Nick said.

Oblidicus pointed his sword out, and he then yelled out a spell. A dark purple circle began to surround the four knights.

"What's going on?!" Jake asked, trying to get out of it.

The girls then flew below to see the scene. Oblidicus shot dark lightning from his sword, as the lightning struck the guys multiple times in the magic circle, knocking them all down.

"Oh no!" Madison yelled.

Brak is seen watching the battle from a roof.

"Wow, that much power on his own, without any improvements from my machines? Impressive." Brak said.

Oblidicus shot shadow blasts from his hands at the girls, as it sent all four flying.

"Be careful, this creature is powerful." Zero said.

"Yeah, I think we just witnessed that." Tori said, as she tried to trap him in a whirlpool, but Oblidicus sliced right through it.

Cameron jumped up and clashed swords with him, as grabbed him and sent him flying to the side.

Cynthia and Madison both shot rocks and lightning at Oblidicus, but he blocked the attacks with a magic shield from his sword. He then whispered his spell again, as the dark purple circle surrounded the two.

"This isn't good..." Madison said.

He then shot dark lightning from his sword, as it struck the two, sending them flying to the ground.

"Guys, don't get close to each-" Madison was trying to say, but Oblidicus casted another spell, trapping Audrey, Tori and Zero in a circle.

"Not again!" Zero said, as the dark lightning struck all three, knocking them down.

"You fools are no match for the power of a supreme dark elemental! Now, I'll be off..." Oblidicus bragged, as he began walking off.

"No, come back!" Jake yelled, as he tried to attack, but Oblidicus shot a shadow blast at him, sending him smashing into a building.

"I just thought of an idea...if Elana controls the element of light, and this dude is dark, maybe she could beat him?" Nick theorized.

"That might work, I just hope she has the time." Cynthia said, as she went to fly to her castle.

Elana is seen inside her throne with Vince by her side, and two Karmanians are in front of them.

"So as you see Queen Elana, this guy is breaking the law by having his farm extend near the back of my house, because it is 10 miles too close to my property." the villager on the right complained.

"It's my farm, I have the right to its length! It ain't hurting you any!" the farmer argued back.

"Queen Elana, who is in the right? Please don't say him, because trust me, he is not a likable person." the villager said.

"Neither are you!" the farmer replied.

"Um... look, I'll give your debate some thought. The decision is on hold for now." Elana said, somewhat annoyed.

"Okay, thank you for taking this into consideration. And as for you, don't touch my house!" the villager threatened, as the two left angrily.

"Stressed?" Vince asked.

"This queen thing is starting to be a drag. Listening to everyone's petty complaints is just getting a bit tiresome, I guess." Elana said.

"It is your responsibility as the ruler, you should know." Vince said.

"I know, I guess I just wanted a little more excitement. Like a royal ball, or whatever you see in those princess movies." Elana said.

"Queen Elana, a friend is here to see you." Vina said, as Cynthia entered with her.

"Hey Cynth, what's up?" Elana asked.

"Elana, we need your help. There's a super powerful bad guy outside, and only your element can stop it, maybe." Cynthia explained.

"Oh, sure thing." Elana said.

"Be careful, who knows what this thing is capable of." Vince warned.

Down below, Oblidicus is seen searching around, scaring the villagers. He shoots dark beams at everyone, as they fly right into buildings.

"I know it is around here somewhere..." Oblidicus said, as he kept looking through his green eyes for the stone.

Cameron shoots a blast at Oblidicus from his handgun, startling him.

"You losers again? Didn't you learn anything the last time-" Oblidicus was saying.

Elana and Cynthia flew into the scene, as Elana shot a light blast right at Oblidicus.

"GAHHH! MAKE IT STOP!" Oblidicus yelled, as he felt his skin burning from the light.

He shot a shadow blast at them back at them, as he dropped the device he was holding earlier. He then quickly fled.

"Thanks for the save, Elana." Jake said.

"Yeah, it was no problem. Just helping you guys out. Anyways, I can open a portal for you guys, just so Maddie doesn't have to waste her heart." Elana said.

"You don't have to-" Madison was saying.

"It's the least I can do, here." Elana said, as she opened up a gash into the air, showing a portal to Posidonia Fields.

"Eh, I like the bigger ones better, but this will do." Tori said.

"Wait a minute...let's not go anywhere just yet. What's this I spy with my little eye?" Nick asked, as he picked up the device Oblidicus dropped. It was a round, gray circular device.

"I'm guessing that monster dropped it." Madison said, as they all approached it.

"What is this thing, Zero?" Cameron asked.

"It appears to be a containment field, but I don't know for what." Zero said.

Oblidicus overheard them from the other side, as he saw the portal.

"Yes...I sense it. He is on the other side..." Oblidicus said, as he quickly jumped through it without being seen.

"Maybe Diggy would know what this is for." Jake said.

"I guess it's worth a shot..." Madison said.

"Well, good luck with what you guys find. I need to go back to the castle, but if you need me, I'll be there, I guess." Elana said a bit oddly, as she closed the portal she opened.

The heroes then went off to Diggy's, as Oblidicus is seen appearing from the portal on a rooftop. Before it closed, he put his sword close to it, and an aura from the portal went into his sword through a spell. It then closed.

"I now have the source of this portal's original destination, so I can open my way back. But I better find him fast..." Oblidicus said.

Broodwing then flew down.

"Hello." Broodwing said.

"Broodwing, what are you doing here?" Oblidicus asked.

"I was going to ask you the same thing." Broodwing replied.

"You sell fancy potions, right? By any chance, do you have one that can make me invulnerable to the light? I am a dark elemental, and I cannot stay in the sunlight." Oblidicus asked.

"Why yes, I do have one, but it is quite expensive." Broodwing said, opening his cape to show a potion with yellow liquid. "This will protect you from any forms of light."

"Excellent." Oblidicus said, as he handed Broodwing a large stack of cash, and Broodwing handed him the potion.

Oblidicus is seen running through the shadows, tracking something. Ranen is seen exiting a grocery store, and nobody else is outside. As he walks, he sees the shadow of Oblidicus on a sidewalk, curious by it. He looks around, but sees nobody.

"Is someone there?" Ranen asked.

He kept walking, when Oblidicus appeared behind him. He quietly followed and was about to attack, but Ranen dodged and punched Oblidicus several times.

"How did you get here?!" Ranen asked, as grabbed onto Oblidicus's sword, but was thrown back. 

Oblidicus shot several shadow beams, as Ranen dodged them. He jumped up and kicked Oblidicus in the face, but he grabbed him and threw him aside into a trash can, as his groceries fell. 

"Foolish old man." Oblidicus said, laughing, as he walked off.

Oblidicus is seen approaching the Posidonia Fields High School, and goes to the back of it. He looks around at the ground, and feels a dark energy source from the ground.

"So that's where you've been..." Oblidicus said.

He then chanted a spell, as a dark beam cast onto the spot. The ground began to open up, and a ghostly hand rose out, revealing Daunter.

"Finally... I'm half-alive, again." Daunter said, stretching his neck.

"Hello partner, I've decided to revive the trio. At 12 midnight, the evil awakens..." Oblidicus said.

"Excellent time to be awoken again. I also need revenge on some very naughty children..." Daunter said, smiling.

"First, let us find the last one." Oblidicus said, opening a portal.

The guardians and knights are seen approaching Diggy's Place. Customers were playing games and eating food.

"Whoa, when Diggy get all of this?" Madison asked.

"Diggy also has friends? That's the real surprise." Cynthia said.

The customers saw the gang approaching, as they were scared. They all ran off in a panic, as the tables flipped over.

"Come back, we weren't going to hurt you! ...Unless you were all working for the Federation or Battlestar." Nick said.

Diggy went outside of his trailer, and was confused upon seeing no customers. 

"Aw that's just great, you scared off my customers! Thanks a lot!" Diggy said.

"We're sorry, but we need you help." Audrey said.

"No can do, we're closed now." Diggy said, changing the sign on the window to closed.

"When did you get all of this cool stuff?" Nick asked, impressed.

"I won the lottery and got rich. But of course none of you congratulated me!" Diggy said, annoyed.

"Kind of hard for us to do that when we didn't know, and we haven't talked to you lately." Tori said.

"We're happy for you, but we need your help, as surprising as that sounds." Madison said.

"No can do, we're closed, can'tcha read the sign?!" Diggy asked, pointing to it.

"We'll leave if you can help us." Jake said.

"Fine, what do you want?" Diggy asked.

"Whoa, this necklace is cool, where did you get it? I want one!" Nick asked, seeing Diggy's bling.

"Nick, focus." Zero said.

"Oh, right. What is this thing and what does it do?" Nick asked, showing him the containment field.

Diggy was startled by it and began to freak out.

"W-wh-where did you get this?" Diggy asked nervously.

"Some freak dropped it." Cameron said.

"That's...a level 10 containment field, used to hold the evil st...never mind, I've said too much! We're closed!" Diggy said, about to go back inside the trailer.

"Evil what? Diggy, just work with us here." Jake persuaded.

"This containment field is used to hold an evil stone, called The Evil. Legend has it, this stone was born in the most evil places of Karmania. Every 100 years, it awakens, and its power for the taking. It is said to be protected by a powerful warrior. The most diabolical dark beasts will try to steal it, and it just so happens that it will awaken at midnight. If a beast had it, they would be...unstoppable!" Diggy explained, spooked.

"Where can we find it?" Audrey asked.

"Heh, look no further than the Ye Olde Book Store, at the lone edges of the Bazaar." Diggy said, as he went inside his trailer. 

As the gang headed to the Bazaar, Jake received a message from Ranen.

"Jake, I've been attacked by a very powerful Karmanian beast, which seemed to be a dark elemental. I don't know if they are still there, but watch out." Ranen said.

"I think I know who you are talking about. But how did they get there?" Jake asked.

"I don't know, but it may be worth investigating if it is the same one you faced." Ranen said.

"I think we might be able to find them. We are trying to find something called The Evil, which is what this monster is looking for." Zero said.

"The Evil? Of course...I thought it was just a myth, but it seems it may be real. If you find it, destroy it." Ranen ordered.

The gang the found the Ye Olde Book Store, as they entered in. It was quiet, but an elder Karmanian with green skin wearing black robes appeared.

"Oh my, hello, hello there! What can I get for you fine people? Ooh, you must be the new guardians and knights! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Beesle, the owner of this book store!" Beesle introduced, very happily, confusing the gang.

"Are you alone here?" Jake asked.

"No, I have my helper Jay to keep me company. Here he is." Beesle said, showing a pet turtle. "He is a hard worker!"

"Uh... hi. We're looking for an evil stone." Cynthia said.

"Ooh, evil stone? Let me see... I have The Sword and the Stone, The Stone Sword, Magic Stones, and even Brimstone! But...no Evil Stone. Sorry." Beesle said.

"Alright, this can't be the place." Jake said.

"I knew we couldn't trust Diggy." Cameron said.

"Thank you for your time sir, but we have to go." Madison said, as the eight left.

"Oh, well, take care! Bye!" Beesle said, waving to them.

After the door closed, Beesle dropped his happy look. He then opened a book, and inside of it was a dark purple stone, that was glowing. He then closed it and put it on a shelf.

The next day, the gang is seen at Ranen's in the morning.

"We had no luck finding the evil stone, sir. We thought we had a lead, but it was nothing." Jake said.

"Something seemed fishy about that shopkeeper..." Nick said, wondering.

"No, I really don't think he was hiding anything." Tori said.

"Try to find what you can, and also bring in the monster you faced. We cannot let him obtain this stone, search everywhere. Ask Queen Elana to send our troops to help if need be." Ranen ordered.

"Are you okay from your attack?" Zero asked.

"I'll live, I've survived worse." Ranen replied.

The gang is seen back in Central Karmania, as they go to Elana's throne room. 

"Hey Elana, we need your help." Cynthia said.

"What is it?" Elana asked.

"We need to find this evil stone and destroy it. That same dude you shot with light last night, oh hey, cool rhyme there, is trying to get it." Nick explained.

"Sure, I can have soldiers help, I guess..." Elana said, a bit sad.

"Is something wrong?" Madison asked.

"Well...honestly, yes. I don't know if I can keep fighting your battles for you lately. It's nothing personal, but I feel like a lot of these problems you have aren't things you need my help for. Attacking robots or scaring someone with light is something you don't need my help for, and I know you are powerful. I don't know if you guys need me all the time." Elana said.

"But that guy was super powerful. He was a dark elemental, and none of us have light. Only you could scare him off." Madison said.

"I've known you long enough, I don't think that's why you are annoyed." Cynthia said.

"It's just, I've been getting tired of this queen stuff. I don't think it's what I was ready for, and I've missed hanging out with you guys because of it. After school, it's back to sitting here and listening to petty requests. When I do hang out with you guys, it's just to quickly attack someone. It's not your fault, I guess I've wanted more to do as queen." Elana confessed.

"Sorry, we just wanted you to go on adventures with us." Audrey said.

"We know you don't have the time for large adventures, so I guess smaller ones are all we have time for with you." Jake said.

"We'll make it up to you. We can try to hang out when you get free time after this evil thing is destroyed, deal? We promise we'll take you on a big adventure if we get one." Cynthia offered.

"Tell you what, we'll only ask for your help if it is a dire emergency." Madison said.

"Those are reasonable requests. Sorry if I overreacted, I guess I'm stressed out. Anyways, I'll order my guards to look around for this monster and the stone." Elana said.

They all thanked her, as they kept searching. At the Ye Olde Book Store, Beesle is seen looking at The Evil again and it was glowing much more.

"Today is the day I've been training for..." Beesle said.

"Give me The Evil, old man." Oblidicus said, appearing from behind out of the shadows.

Beesle turned around and smiled.

"You do not know who I am." Beesle said.

"Nor care. Now, I'm taking the evil and going." Oblidicus threatened.

Beesle then pulled out a sword, and was ready to attack.

"You didn't think I was going to hand it over, did you?" Beesle said, laughing. 

Oblidicus launched several shadow waves, but Beesle jumped up and sliced his sword at Oblidicus. Oblidicus then defended with his sword, as Beesle kept attacking him with his sword. Oblidicus shot dark blasts at him, but Beesle deflected them with his sword. He jumped onto a table and attacked Oblidicus, sending him back a bit.

"I'll admit old man, you are tough. But can you handle all three of the Shadow Bandits? NOW!" Oblidicus ordered.

Daunter then appeared from behind and grabbed Beesle.

"Let me go, you vile phantom!" Beesle ordered.

"Bonehead, get the book!" Oblidicus ordered, as Bonehead appeared from behind a bookshelf.

"Yes sir!" Bonehead said, as he was about to grab the book.

Beesle then jabbed his sword at Daunter's claws, and he let go. He then jumped up and attacked Bonehead. He sliced at his bones multiple times, and punched him, sending him flying into a bookshelf, knocking it over. He grabbed the book, and pointed his sword to Oblidicus and Daunter.

Daunter then let out a shadow blast, as Beesle absorbed it into his sword and let it flying at a table. It sent books flying everywhere, as their pages ripped out, distracting Daunter and Oblidicus. They flew across the room, as Beesle stood on a table.

"Is that your defense move?" Daunter asked.

"Naturally." Beesle bragged, smiling.

Bonehead got back up and threw several bone at Beesle, knocking him down. He then threw a bookshelf over, as Beesle was trapped under. The book went sliding, as Oblidicus stepped on it with his foot.

"No!" Beesle yelled.

"Sorry old man, there's nothing we can't steal." Oblidicus said, laughing.

He opened the book and grabbed the evil stone inside, as it kept glowing. 

"Hold on to this boys, we're getting an upgrade." Oblidicus said, as the three held onto it.

"No, not without a containment field! It is highly unstable, you won't be able to control it!" Beesle said, freaking out.

The stone let out dark purple energy beams into the Shadow Bandits. It stopped glowing, as Oblidicus held onto it.

"I feel the power...it moves through my veins!" Oblidicus said.

"I feel it too, I am in the mood for a good haunting..." Daunter said, as his eyes glowed red.

"I feel stronger!" Bonehead bragged.

"Let's unleash our new powers upon Karmania!" Oblidicus commanded.

The eight looked around the Bazaar, and had no luck, as they regrouped.

"This stone must be the champion at hide and seek." Tori said.

"Yeah, I'm not seeing it anywhere-" Audrey was saying, when they heard an explosion in the distance.

They looked up to see purple smoke floating up from the north, as they ran off to investigate. When they arrived, they saw Oblidicus and Bonehead shooting dark blasts at the buildings, and villagers fled in panic.

"He's back with a friend I've never seen before!" Madison said.

"Heh, you can call me Bonehead, we're a part of the Shadow Bandits!" Bonehead bragged.

"Thanks for going to that old fool's book shop, you led us right to him without even noticing." Oblidicus bragged, holding out the evil stone.

"What?! That weirdo was the dude holding onto it this whole time?!" Cynthia asked, shocked.

"I knew something was fishy about him!" Nick said.

"How did you see us without us noticing?" Cameron asked.

"Not me, there's someone you may remember..." Oblidicus said.

Daunter then appeared from out of the ground and shot a powerful dark beam at all eight.

"This freak again? I thought we destroyed him." Tori said.

"You did, but the Shadow Bandits always find a way back together." Daunter said.

"Shadow Bandits? What is that, some nerd group?-" Cynthia was asking, as Bonehead threw a dark glowing bone at her, sending her flying into a roof. "Ouch...jeez, that's a powerful bone..."

"Wait... how are you guys out at daytime? I thought dark elementals were hurt by the light?" Cameron asked.

"Not anymore, we have ways around it." Oblidicus said.

He then shot shadow beams at the knights, as they tried to dodge, but kept getting hit. Zero and Nick tried to get up, but Oblidicus summoned another magic circle, as it surrounded them.

"Not this again!" Nick panicked, as the lightning hit the two, and they fell to the ground.

Cynthia flew back and was about to throw a rock at Bonehead, but Daunter appeared from behind and grabbed her face, not letting her go.

"Get off of me!" Cynthia panicked, as she dropped the rock below, and it crushed a stand.

Tori sent a whirlpool flying at Daunter, as he flew off of Cynthia. He then let out shadow gashes from his claws, as they sent Tori flying into the ground. Bonehead threw more bones. Audrey let out a gust of wind at one, sending it flying back to Bonehead, but Daunter quickly appeared and grabbed it.

"This is insane, that puny stone gave them that much power?" Madison asked, as she shot lightning at Bonehead, but he put a bone in the way, absorbing the electricity.

It became an electrical bone, as he threw it flying back at Madison, but she was able to control it. She sent it quickly flying at Oblidicus, as it sent him back a bit. Brak then saw the fight from a rooftop.

"Looks like they could meet their demise. I'll give them even more of a boost to seal the deal." Brak said, as he activated his machines.

The floating machines then flew into the fight area, as they circled around Bonehead, making him glow.

"What are those things?" Audrey asked.

Madison tried to throw an electricity ball at them, but they quickly went circling around Daunter, boosting his power. Bonehead quickly dodged the electricity ball. The machines then floated around Oblidicus, as he began to glow, and growled.

"Yes, I feel so much power! We will obliterate you!" Oblidicus said, as he shot more dark beams at all eight, sending them flying everywhere.

Jake and Cameron jumped up and tried to attack Oblidicus, but he grabbed both and slammed them into each other. They got up, as Cameron shot his handgun at Oblidicus, but he summoned another magic circle around Jake and Cameron. He let out lightning blasts on the two.

"Okay, I think we might need Elana's help this time..." Jake said, coughing.

Daunter then picked Jake up and sent him flying into Madison, as they fell to the ground. Cynthia then flew off to Elana's castle after hearing Jake's request, as the rest tried to fight the Shadow Bandits off. Cynthia made her way to the castle, and went into Elana's throne room.

"Elana, we really need your help." Cynthia said.

"You sure?" Elana asked.

"Yes, I don't know how much you can help, but these three freaks got the evil stone, and they are unstoppable. They are suffering and need help. Maybe you can do something." Cynthia said to her.

"Okay, I'll do it. I can't stand by and let you guys get hurt." Elana said.

Back at the Bazaar, Tori surrounded Daunter in a whirlpool, but he sliced his way out of it with his claws. He sent a shadow blast at Zero, sending him flying. Nick tried to attack Daunter, but he sent him flying into Bonehead, and he sent Nick flying into a stand.

Suddenly, a boulder went flying at Bonehead, as it sent him flying to the ground. Elana appeared with Cynthia.

"I brought help." Cynthia said.

"You three, stand back. I won't let you hurt them!" Elana threatened.

"Foolish girl, your light cannot hurt us anymore!" Oblidicus said.

Elana then shot a light blast right at Oblidicus, but it had no effect on him. He laughed and shot dark electricity from his sword at the nine, but Elana sent a light blast back, making a collision of smoke. The nine kept attacking back, as they slightly began to deliver more hits to them.

"Guys, I just hatched an idea. What if we attacked that stone? Maybe it could weaken their power or something." Nick suggested, pointing to the evil stone in Oblidicus's hand.

"I suppose it's worth a shot, I don't think we can keep this up." Tori said, feeling tired.

Madison shot a lightning beam at Daunter's shadow, electrocuting him. He went flying back and shot more dark blasts at them, but Zero deflected one. Cameron pointed his handgun to the evil stone, and shot at it, but Daunter blocked the shot. Elana then shot a light blast at Daunter, sending him flying back. Tori, Jake and Zero all attacked Bonehead at once, overpowering him. He got back up and attacked with his bones. Cynthia threw several rocks at Oblidicus, and he made his sword cast the magic shield, blocking them. Everyone attacked Oblidicus at once with everything they had, and it sent him flying back, but he kept his stance. Smoke was flying off of him.

"Not bad, but it's not enough to save you! Prepare for your ends!" Oblidicus said.

He was about to cast his magic circle spell, but Elana shot a light beam right at the evil stone, knocking it out of his hand.

"No, the stone!" Oblidicus said.

The stone began to glow, and acted odd. Oblidicus picked it up, but it let out a strange glow on his hand. Suddenly, the glow spread across the rest of his body.

"What's happening, boss?" Bonehead asked.

Suddenly, Oblidicus began to yell, as he was glowing red, and was sucked right into the stone.

"...Not what I had in mind, but it works." Elana said, surprised.

"Where did he go?!" Daunter asked, as he grabbed the stone.

However, the stone let out the same glow on Daunter, as he was sucked right into the stone, yelling.

"Oh man, this is messed up! I'm not staying!" Bonehead said.

The gang was about to attack him, as he made a run. However, the stone shot one last glow at Bonehead, grabbing him by the leg. It dragged him across the ground, and right into the stone. It stopped glowing.

"...Didn't see that coming." Tori said, as everyone was confused.

"Well Elana, you did help us. Your light made the stone go crazy...I think." Madison said.

"Hey, I did do something. I'm glad I helped you guys. So...are they gone?" Elana asked.

"I hope so." Cameron said.

"Should we touch it?" Cynthia asked.

Zero poked the stone with his sword, but felt nothing. He then picked it up.

"It's normal. We can deliver this back to that bookstore owner." Zero said.

They are seen back inside the bookstore, giving the stone to Beesle. He placed it back into the book, closing it.

"Thank you so much for your help, Queen Elana and her fellow friends." Beesle said.

"I have to admit, you really fooled us with that dopey bookstore owner act." Tori said.

"Why did the stone make the three disappear after I attacked it?" Elana asked.

"Who knows, the stone has many secrets I do not fully understand." Beesle replied.

"Now what will you do?" Madison asked.

"More psychos may come after this stone, this day is far from over sadly. I need to go into hiding somewhere, where nobody will find me until midnight. I have always wanted to visit New Jersey, I just need a breathing spell..." Beesle said.

"You could stay in Posidonia, no monsters will find you there." Jake offered.

"Hmm, I've always wanted to see what the other side holds. I'll do it! If you want to find me, Jay and I will be explore Posidonia for the rest of the day, and we'll return to this store afterwards. Until then, farewell friends!" Beesle said, laughing.

He then held onto the book and Jay, as he waved to them. He then disappeared in a flash of light.

"So that just happened." Jake said.

"Alright Elana, I promised. Do you have free time? We can take you wherever." Cynthia offered.

"That'd be great." Elana said, as they went off, laughing.

_________

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Beesle, Jay and Oblidicus

-Area Debuts: Ye Olde Book Store

-Oblidicus is revealed to be a part of the Shadow Bandits with Daunter (from episode 13) and Bonehead (from episode 19), who both return.

-It is revealed Elana can open portals.

-Dark is confirmed to be an element.

-A somewhat Halloween themed episode.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3