• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

6. Popular

Late at night, Federation troops are seen walking around in a laboratory. On the outside, an orange armored figure is seen flying up to it in a jet-pack to a floor of the building, and looks into the window. The figure then activates a yellow laser from their left arm, which is attached to the jet-pack, and it burns a circle into the window, as they fly in. They throw a smoke bomb out, as it reveals lasers everywhere, and they fly through them all. They land on the other side, and approach a glass container containing many bottles of chemicals. He then sawed through the glass using his laser, and grabbed a chemical, when a scientist enters into the room with two soldiers.

"Alright now-Wait, who are you?! STOP HIM!" the scientist yelled, as the two soldiers ran in and pointed laser dots onto the thief.

"Heh, only two of you? Pathetic, I expected a challenge," the thief replied, as they fired two yellow lasers from both arms at both, sending the soldiers flying into the hallway out cold.

The scientist then hit an alarm button, but the thief fired at him as well. The thief flew back into the circle they entered in from, and blasted off into the sky.

At Ramos's castle, Ramos is seen in his room looking through the birth records that Van Gordon and Doyle obtained, and looking at Madison's file. He seemed annoyed, as Skipper walked into the room.

"Sir, I have some news..." Skipper was saying, and saw him looking at the files in an irritated state. "What is wrong?"

"I fear I have hit a roadblock. I cannot say for certain Madison Landers is the true princess, despite her adoption. There is a way for me to determine if she is the one, but I would need her in my sights. However, that is not easy to do, because if I am to try an attack on her, she most likely knows everything there is to know about me by now, and may spread it to the public if she is to escape! Yet, they know they risk having to tell their secret to the world, so ha! But my old "friend" Professor Zero has also resurfaced, and is helping the rebels. I need to somehow get them both out in the open, but this is quite a conundrum both sides are in, I will have to do this carefully..." Ramos rambled, pondering.

"Well, while you ponder that, I had other pressing matters. Remember when you funded the Posidonia Fields Children's Hospital's grand opening so long ago? Apparently they have decided to give those funds to PosidoniaCorp," Skipper said.

"WHAT?! PosidoniaCorp?! But we're the Federation! Those sneaky devils..." Ramos said, as Skipper turned on the news.

"In a shocking development, PosidoniaCorp has been given all the funds that the Federation previously gave for the opening of the Posidonia Fields Children's Hospital. Here is the CEO, of PosidoniaCorp, Donald Bucklend," the news reporter said, standing in front of the hospital, and Donald Bucklend appeared, wearing a cowboy hat, and black suit.

"Well howdy there folks, name's Donald, y'all should know me as the CEO of PosidoniaCorp. What made me able to convince the nice folks at the hospital into this sudden decision, y'all may be wonderin'? Well, what can I say, I love those there children, and I gotta keep up with my competition, isn't that right, King Ramos? I'm officially announcing today my campaign for the Posidonia King! Watch out Ramos..." Donald said, winking into the camera, as Ramos threw a remote at the television screen, breaking it.

"I'll call to get that repaired," Skipper said.

"Bucklend! I hate that guy, he is almost like my arch-nemesis! I cannot let him get the popular opinion, I still need another three years as king so I can keep Karmania intact. I just hope this night doesn't get any worse..." Ramos was saying, when a soldier walked into his room.

"Sir, I have some terrible news. A chemical from one of our labs has been stolen by the same thief that keeps breaking into facilities to steal Federation technology," the soldier said.

"Why did I expect anything else?" Ramos asked, annoyed.

The next morning, the guardians and Jake are seen at school, walking through the hallways. There were lots of crowds, as they saw Trent talking to a bunch of girls.

"Oh hey, it's that boy from your party," Tori said.

"Yeah, what about him?" Madison asked.

"Didn't you have a crush on him during the party?" Cynthia asked, teasing, as Madison blushed.

"What? No, I barely even know him!" Madison replied.

"Eh, he's a popular kid anyways, he wouldn't have time for you, and that's not jealousy talking-" Jake was saying, as the girls walked ahead, when he bumped into Trent. "Oh hey there."

"Hey, you are Madison's brother, right? I saw you at her party, you look like a cool dude," Trent said.

"Yeah, I am. Why do you want to know?" Jake asked, confused.

"I just want to meet some levelheaded new people, having so many friends who just like me for popularity gets boring, but you look different. When your sister's party ran out of pizza, you took the call and tried saving the party." Trent complimented, as Jake thought about it, since he really didn't have any friends at school.

"Thanks, I was just...being a brother," Jake replied.

"Yeah, you must be one cool bro. I wouldn't mind hanging out, if you are available," Trent offered.

"Oh...sure!" Jake said, as he gave him his address.

"Nice. See ya soon, little dude," Trent replied, as Madison and her friends were walking back around, stopping when they saw Trent and Jake. Trent then walked off.

"What do you know...I have a friend?" Jake said, happy he had a "real" friend for once.

"Whoa...was that what I think it was?" Audrey asked.

"What? He's friends with him now?!" Madison asked, confused.

"I thought he wanted nothing to do with popular kids, talk about bipolar," Tori said.

"Isn't your brother kind of a loser? Not in a bad way, but I thought he really didn't have friends," Cynthia said.

"I wouldn't say that, I just don't know why he'd be friends with Trent.." Madison said, when Jake overheard them.

"Ahem..." Jake said.

"Oh...yeah, we could've talked behind your back better." Tori said.

"I'm not a loser, I don't know how it happened! He just randomly approached me, we talked, and now we're friends. Why do you care so much?" Jake asked to Madison.

"I don't know, it just took me by surprise..." Madison was saying.

"Or someone is jealous that Trent is talking to their brother and not them," Cynthia replied.

"...Okay fine, maybe a little. I guess I'm also so used to you being a loner, sorry," Madison said.

"Yeah...I guess I've never really had a real friend, since I'm sort of forced to be with you guys, nothing personal. I like you all, but I guess I've wanted a non-guardian related friend, and the opportunity came to me," Jake said, and the girls felt bad.

"I meant no harm, sorry if it insulted you you, bro," Madison said, punching him in the arm, as they laughed.

"Well, glad we're all a happy family." Tori said, as the bell rang for next class.

Later, school ended, and the group was seen at the Golden Seahorse.

"You wanted to see us?" Audrey asked to Mai.

"Yes, this may be of some importance..." Mai said, turning on the restaurant's tv to the news.

"In other news, mysterious robberies have been continuing across the city. A bunch of Federation owned facilities have been broken into late at night, and top secret technology keeps getting stolen. Who is responsible?" the news reporter said.

"Ha, Ramos is getting attacked now, how ironic." Tori said.

"This may no be laughing matter. It appears there is another enemy on the loose, and if this enemy eventually finds out about Karmania..." Mai was saying.

"...they could find out about us..." Madison replied.

"I just wonder who could be responsible. What thief is strong enough to break through their security?" Jake wondered.

Later that night, Jake is seen at home, when the doorbell rings.

"Jake, get the door! Once I have the chair set in the recliner position, there's no coming back from that!" Henry said, watching tv while reclined back.

Jake opened the door to see Trent.

"Hey there pal," Trent said.

"Jake has a friend?" Susan asked, surprised, as Madison went into the room to see Trent.

"Sorry to interrupt Mrs. Landers, but I got nothing else to do, so I decided to hang out with your son," Trent said.

"Fine, but don't get into too much trouble!" Susan warned, while Henry kept watching tv. 

"Can I come?" Madison asked.

"I don't see why not," Trent replied, as the three walked outside and continued walking around the neighborhood, as Trent told them various stories.

"I really love just taking walks, it clears my mind," Trent said.

"Don't you like party, or get tons of girls, or something as a popular kid?" Madison asked.

"I don't like being defined as the popular guy, I like being able to do more than just be seen as a cool kid. I enjoy drawing too in my spare time," Trent said, showing his sketchbook, as he began drawing the neighborhood.

"Wow, you are really talented, I wish I was that artistic," Jake said.

"So tell me, why did you want to be our friend?" Madison asked.

"I don't know, there's something special about you two. I felt it when I first saw you at the party. I tell you, it's a good thing you have each other by your side. You have a strong family bond right there," Trent said to the two of them.

"You don't get along with your parents?" Madison asked awkwardly.

"I wouldn't say that, my mom is just...distant," Trent said, when they saw Cynthia, Tori and Audrey.

"Hey, you forgot to invite us," Tori said.

"Hey, I don't discriminate. You can join in, we're just taking a stroll," Trent replied.

"Couldn't we visit your house to hang out? Our parents don't like much company over," Jake suggested.

"Nah, my mom is pretty reclusive, she doesn't like much company either," Trent replied. "Anyways, I am curious what you all do in your spare time. Don't you all have other friends?"

"Yeah...but they aren't available right now," Jake said hesitantly.

"We just do typical stuff, nothing mysterious about us!" Audrey reassured, a bit nervous, as Trent laughed.

At Ramos's castle, he is on his throne in front of Zurtrax, Van Gordon and Doyle.

"I want you three on patrol over the city tonight. As you know, there is a naughty thief on the loose stealing important Federation equipment, which is not good! Get ready for any reports in case it happens, I want to crush this thief now. And...if the guardians get in your way, show no mercy." Ramos said.

"I understand, sir. I will not let you down. Once I meet the thief, they will wish they never met me..." Zurtrax said coldly.

"I don't know how this bloomin' fool could get past your top security," Doyle said.

"Yes, it appears this is no ordinary thief. I've heard descriptions of them using solar beams as weapons, so watch out. They are using advanced technology..." Ramos said.

"Could it be a rebel?" Zurtrax asked.

"I can't say, but with Professor Zero in the scene again, anything is possible." Ramos said, as the three went off to patrol the city. He took looked at the newspaper about the funds being given to PosidoniaCorp. "While they do that, I need to re-convince my friends at the children's hospital..."

The armored thief is seen flying in their jet-pack, as they approach another Federation building. They burn a circle into the window and fly into a large technology room, with tons of weapons and machines. A camera sees him, but he blasts a solar beam at it, destroying it. The thief then sees a certain piece and grab it, when an alarm goes off.

"SECURITY BREACH IN ROOM 23B!" a security guard yelled into a speaker, which echoed through the building. A bunch of guards busted into the room, pointing their guns to the thief.

"FINS IN THE AIR, DROP THE DEVICE!" a guard yelled.

"If you insist, big guy," the thief replied, as they put their fins in the air, and then shot two solar beams at the group, making them all fall. "Later, losers!"

The thief then laughed, as he smashed into a window and flew off. Van Gordon, Doyle and Zurtrax got the signal, as the three were standing on a rooftop. Van Gordon and Doyle activated their jet-packs and flew off, as they began chasing after the thief.

"Whoa, I got some competition now, eh?" the thief replied, as they turned around and fired solar beams at the two, but they dodged and fired back with their guns.

"Got you into position," Zurtrax said, as he fired an electricity beam from his hands at the thief, but the thief quickly dodged.

"Nice try guys, but you have to be faster than that!" the thief said, firing more solar beams, as he shot Van Gordon and Doyle out of the sky.

"Are you with the rebels, mate?" Doyle asked, firing at him.

"Rebels? What are you boys talking about?" the thief replied, as he fired solar beams at them, and they barely dodged.

Zurtrax activated his jet-pack, and also began attacking, launching electricity bolts.

"Don't play dumb. Are you or are you not working with Professor Zero and the rebel scum?" Zurtrax asked.

"Look pal, I don't know what you're going on about. This is for the boss," the thief replied again, shooting more solar beams, as Van Gordon and Doyle both got hit, and they went crashing down into a tree.

"Mark my words, whoever you are, I am taking you down with me!" Zurtrax yelled, as he grabbed the thief and tried flying with him, attacking him. As he put a tracking device on the thief's shoulder, the thief then shot another beam at Zurtrax, and he went flying down into a tree below. 

"I think it's actually you who is going down, but I appreciate the efforts. I expected much more from Federation's goons. You can call me Firebolt, see ya, suckas," Firebolt yelled to them, laughing, as he flew off with the device.

"Welp, we sucked," Doyle said.

"That guy look like poor man's Doyle..." Van Gordon said, trying to get out of tree.

"Unfortunately for that gallah, I'm one of a kind," Doyle said, hopping down.

"Not quite, I put a tracking device on our friend," Zurtrax said, as he looked at the scanner. "But I am curious...he knew nothing about the rebels..."

Firebolt then flew across the neighborhood the guardians were walking around in, as they saw the yellow line across the sky.

"Whoa...what was that?" Audrey asked, as Trent tried drawing it.

Firebolt kept flying, as he made his way onto a rooftop and took a rest. He then noticed a tracking device on his shoulder and crushed it.

"Nice try. But who the heck is Professor Zero?" Firebolt wondered.

Zurtrax kept following the signal, but it then disappeared.

"That ain't good." Doyle said.

"We cannot fail boss!" Van Gordon said.

"Exactly, so we will hunt that thief down. We are not reporting back to Ramos until the one called Firebolt is destroyed," Zurtrax said, as they fixed their jet-packs and flew off.

As the gang kept walking around, they saw the three flying over them.

"Whoa, what is going on up there tonight?" Trent asked.

"Was that those two hunters?" Cynthia whispered.

"It was..." Madison said, a bit worried.

Jake then got a contact from Zero, as he answered it off to the side.

"Jake, it appears the thief has stolen a piece of Federation technology." Zero said.

"Yeah, I think we saw him fly by..." Jake replied.

"You are going to have to stop them now, as Mai told you, if they find out about us..." Zero was saying.

"Yeah..." Jake replied, as he ended the call, and approached Trent. "Hey, this has been fun, but I got a call from my parents, we have to get home now."

"Aww, that sucks. Hopefully we can hang out again tomorrow for the weekend, I should get going as well. See ya later," Trent said, waving goodbye, as he walked home.

"What's the rush?" Tori asked.

"It looks like that big yellow line we saw was the thief, according to Zero. We have to stop them now before they discover Karmania, at the rate this guy is robbing Federation supplies," Jake said, as he contacted the knights. 

The gang went to Ranen's dojo.

"So, you saw Ramos's goons after this thief?" Ranen asked.

"Yes, but we have no idea where we can find this guy, or what his next target is." Jake said.

"Hold on...I did a map of the places this guy has hit so far, and it appears each of them is getting closer and closer to the castle..." Zero said, showing a map, and pointed to the next one that had not been attacked. "It's a list."

"Looks like we may be able to counter this guy, but we better do it fast, it's almost 8pm!" Madison said.

"Are we sure we have to help Ramos though?" Audrey asked.

"I don't want to either, but didn't you hear what your grandma said? If bad thief keeps robbing places, they will eventually find info about Karmania!" Cynthia replied.

"Yeah, as much as I'd like my face on the news, I don't want it to be for the fact we're magic mermaid fairies!" Tori said.

"I just wonder...who else in this city is powerful enough to rob Ramos? That's kind of like an oxymoron, because you can't beat Ramos...although we technically have-" Nick was saying, as Cameron silenced him.

"Let's save the blabbering for later, we have an important mission," Cameron said.

The gang then was seen outside a factory in an isolated area, as they hid in the bushes. Nick looked through his binoculars, and saw Firebolt flying up to the factory roof.

"I see...a flying orange dude," Nick said.

"That must be the thief!" Audrey said, as they all got up, and since nobody was around, Madison pulled out the heart and they transformed, as the knights got into their outfits.

"Looks like we got more thieves," Doyle said, as he arrived into the area with Van Gordon and Zurtrax.

"Great, that's just all we need." Cameron said.

"It appears we get to destroy both the guardians and thief in one location. Now, which one of you is Professor Zero?" Zurtrax asked.

"That'd be me, good sir," Zero replied.

"You are coming with me. You two, stop that thief," Zurtrax ordered, as Van Gordon and Doyle flew off.

"I don't think so!" Cynthia said, as she threw rocks at Zurtrax, but he sliced through them with his sword and attacked Zero, clashing swords.

"You guys handle him, we'll get dumb, dumb and even dumber!" Tori said, as the guardians flew off.

Firebolt was burning a circle into the roof, when Van Gordon blasted a laser at him, but Firebolt dodged.

"Up for a rematch already, eh?" Firebolt asked, when the guardians flew by, as Audrey blew a gust of wind at Van Gordon and Doyle.

"We'll be joining the mix, this is your last robbery!" Madison said.

"...What are you, some kind of mermaid fairies?" Firebolt asked, as he blasted a solar beam at them.

"WHOA!" Tori yelled, nearly dodging it, as it burnt into a tree, slicing it in half.

On the ground, Zero and Zurtrax kept firing, as the other knights tried to attack, but Zurtrax threw electricity blasts at them, knocking them back.

"Ugh, this guy is even tougher than the last time we met him," Cameron said.

"Who are you?" Zero asked, as Zurtrax pushed him to the ground and pointed his sword to Zero's helmet.

"Call me Zurtrax, the bringer of your end. You may have run before, coward, but this time, it's over," Zurtrax said.

"Do I know you?" Zero asked, as he then got up and clashed swords again. Cameron, Jake and Nick all attacked from behind, but Zurtrax was holding his own, and blasted more electricity bolts from both hands, sending them flying back.

The guardians were trying to take on Van Gordon, Doyle and Firebolt, as Van Gordon fired at Cynthia, but she dodged and made rocks fly up, throwing them at him.

"Forget the girls, just focus on the thief!" Doyle said, firing more lasers at him, but Firebolt blasted another beam at Doyle, as he went flying into a tree.

"Who even are you?" Tori asked, as she sent water waves at him, but he was fast and kept dodging

"Call me Firebolt. Get it, because I shoot fire, and I'm bolting fast!" Firebolt said.

"Yeah, that's really not that funny," Cynthia said, as she hurled a rock at him, but he sliced through it with his solar beam.

"I don't know what you freaks are, but I'm taking my loot!" Firebolt yelled, firing more solar beams. As one hit Van Gordon, he went flying to the ground, and while he did that, Madison sent a heart blast on Firebolt's left yellow tube. It leaked out a liquid onto the ground.

"You are going to wish you didn't do that," Firebolt warned, when he checked the fuel tank on his left arm, and noticed it was a low. "Another time, freaks!"

Firebolt then flew off, as Zurtrax noticed his retreat.

"Well, we stopped him from robbing this...Now, let's help them!" Madison said, as the knights still struggled against Zurtrax. 

Madison made a heart blast at Zurtrax, and Zero kicked him aside.

"Another time, my prey has made his move. Retreat!" Zurtrax ordered, as he blasted the guardians away with another electric blast. He then flew off with Van Gordon and Doyle.

"I really hate those guys." Tori said, as they went back to normal.

Zero then saw the liquid on the ground, as he got a sample.

"You guys alright?" Tori asked.

"Yeah...but that guy is not a joke," Nick said, coughing.

"Who even is that weirdo? He was that cyborg we met when he tried getting that thingy from us," Audrey said.

"Says his name is Zurtrax, and really had it out for Zero for some reason," Cameron said.

"Well, we managed to stop that thief. I just wonder where he'll strike next," Madison said.

"I think I have a good idea..." Jake was saying.

Ramos is seen at his throne, very angry.

"GAH! Those IDIOTS! I am their king, how dare they deny me?! I gave them those funds, and they betray me by giving it to that stupid Bucklend!" Ramos said angrily.

"Why did they give you the cold shoulder?" Skipper asked.

"They say I am not "dedicated enough" and that "Bucklend had more ideas for it". This is starting to give me a splitting headache!" Ramos said.

"I'll prepare some tea, sir." Skipper replied, when Van Gordon, Doyle and Zurtrax walked in. 

"Report. It better be good news." Ramos said, as Skipper handed him his tea.

"Sir, the thief apparently does not work for the rebels. We managed to stop the thief from robbing the factory, but for some reason, the guardians were there. Professor Zero is one of the knights, and I almost captured him, but they put up a fight." Zurtrax said.

"Hmm...interesting. Perhaps I need a way to lure the thief and guardians into one area so I can capture the ones I need, but how?" Ramos asked, as he drank more tea.

"How about you put the fake machine in castle? Would be good bait, maybe? That way guardians come, and so does thief!" Van Gordon suggested.

"That's...actually a good idea." Ramos said, surprised.

The next day, a news report comes on in the morning, as Madison and Jake wake up just in time to see it.

"In breaking news, King Ramos says he has a fascinating new machine in works," the news reporter said, as the camera shows Ramos on a stage.

"Yes, I have a very INTERESTING machine in works. It should be ready in the next few weeks, and I cannot wait to show it to the world. There is a prototype of it in my CASTLE though, so it would be quite UNFORTUNATE if SOMEONE tried ROBBING it at night, wouldn't it now?" Ramos said, putting emphasis and winking.

"Wow, that sure is a lot of emphasis! He has my interest!" Henry said, as Madison and Jake looked at each other.

At a shady apartment room, a fish is seen on the couch watching the news report, and gets a phone call.

"Hello?" the fish asked.

"Check out the news there, partner. It appears our so-called intelligent "king" has put the bait open for us here," the voice said, which was Donald Bucklend's.

"No worries cowboy, I'm on it." the fish replied, hanging up, as Firebolt's helmet was shown on the table.

The guardians and knights were seen in Ranen's dojo.

"Any answer on the stuff you found?" Cynthia asked to Zero.

"Yeah, it's a fuel used to power this guy's solar energy. That equipment in general could have only been provided by one other corporation in the city...PosidoniaCorp," Zero revealed.

"That would make sense, don't the owner of that and Ramos hate each other?" Nick asked.

"Looks like this thief isn't just stealing, he's performing corporate sabotage." Cameron said.

"I assume he'll strike at night again," Tori said.

"Yeah...but poor Trent, I did promise I'd hang out with him today." Jake said.

"Your new friend can wait, this is more important," Ranen said, as they understood.

Later that night, Trent is seen walking to Jake and Madison's house, as he rings the doorbell. Susan opens it to see Trent.

"Hey there Mrs. Landers, is your son and daughter home?" Trent asked.

"No, they're busy tonight," Susan replied, confused.

"Oh...they promised they'd hang out tonight, but whatever. My bad," Trent said, leaving, as Susan was confused.

The knights and guardians are seen watching the castle from a forest nearby.

"The castle is too large for us to risk striking, and this is obviously a trap, so we'll wait for Firebolt after he commits his theft." Jake said.

"Regardless of how evil Ramos might be, you gotta admit, he has a nice garden." Cynthia said, seeing the flowers everywhere.

Firebolt is seen flying up to the castle, as he burns a hole into the roof. He flies into the empty throne room, to see a large blanket over something.

"Huh, in plain sight? I guess someone just gave up," Firebolt said, as he tore it off to reveal four blue FedBots. "What the?!"

The blue robots fired lasers at once, as Firebolt activated his solar beams and burnt through one, and sliced through the rest. A bunch of troops came in, along with Zurtrax, Van Gordon and Doyle.

"So, you decided to be clever for once and give me an actual trap? An improvement, but not enough!" Firebolt yelled, as he blasted beams at the soldiers, sending them flying across the throne room. "Since there's nothing here, I'm out!"

Firebolt then blasted away, smashing through the entrance he came in from, as Ramos ran into the throne room.

"STOP HIM!" Ramos ordered, as Van Gordon, Doyle and Zurtrax flew after him.

Firebolt was flying back to the city, when Cynthia hurled a rock at him, sending him flying to the ground. The guardians and knights appeared in their forms.

"Ugh...you freaks again. What are you and what do you even want from me?!" Firebolt yelled, blasting another solar beam.

"We don't really like Ramos either, but we don't actually approve robbery either. Also, we know you are doing corporate sabotage for your PosidoniaCorp friends," Madison said.

"So you figured out my little secret, doesn't matter to me! I'm going to burn you all and anybody else that gets in my way!" Firebolt yelled, flying back up when Van Gordon, Doyle and Zurtrax flew in and began attacking.

Firebolt blasted solar beams at all three, as they went flying away.

"Well, that made things easier for us," Audrey said, as she blew a gust of wind at him, trapping him in a vortex. He flew out of it and blasted a solar beam at Audrey, sending her flying, but regained control.

Cynthia threw more rocks at him, as he sliced through them with solar beams.

"Let's try dousing fire with water!" Tori said, throwing waves at him, but he flew away from them, as Madison tried a heart blast, but he dodged. Doyle, Van Gordon and Zurtrax all got back up.

"You guys get them!" Madison said, as the knights ran down and attacked them.

"Y'all really are trying to defeat this thief?" Doyle asked.

"Yeah, we can't really have him finding out about Karmania!" Jake replied, as he cut Doyle's gun in half with his sword and punched him, sending him falling.

"You girls can't keep this up forever!" Firebolt yelled, as he kept firing solar blasts at them, and Zurtrax flew up and launched an electric blast, as it didn't effect Firebolt, and he blasted another beam at him.

"Oh yeah? Neither can you." Madison said.

"What are you..." Firebolt was saying, when he noticed both his fuel tanks were empty, and he had no more solar power. "Uh oh."

"Have a nice dream," Madison then punched him in the mask, as it broke off his right side, revealing his eye, and he went flying unconscious to the ground. 

"Get Professor Zero!" Zurtrax demanded.

"Let's go!" Cynthia yelled, as the knights understood and fled the fight, getting away from them.

"Ugh...no matter, we have our troublemaker, so we got something done," Zurtrax said, walking to the unconscious Firebolt.

Later that night, Firebolt is seen unmasked and hanging to a rope under the PosidoniaCorp sign, with an "PosidoniaCorp Employee of the Month" paper attached to him, as the police lower him down.

"In shocking news, it appears that PosidoniaCorp was the one responsible for the recent robberies of Federation buildings. The children's hospital founders have given the funds back to the Federation. The CEO of PosidoniaCorp, Donald Bucklend, refused to comment," the news reporter said, as Ramos watched it and laughed.

"Ha, that's what that idiot gets for trying to rob me. Excellent, you three did something right. Mark my words, we will find a way to get Professor Zero, and the girl, in our grasps." Ramos said.

"My apologies for failing to get the professor, I needed to neutralize the thief threat first, so I was not entirely focused on them." Zurtrax replied.

"No worries, tonight wasn't our night. We had a distraction. Bucklend will be ruined because of this, so I still won," Ramos said.

Jake and Madison went back home, as they entered in to see an annoyed Susan.

"You both were supposed to meet your new friend? Why did you blow him off?" Susan asked.

"Sorry, stuff happened. We didn't mean to, we got busy," Madison replied, looking at her watch to see the time of "6:30pm", as Susan was curious.

The two then went to Trent's house and rang the doorbell, as Trent answered.

"There you guys are," Trent said.

"We're sorry, we had something important to attend to, we didn't mean to blow you off," Madison said.

"It's alright, since it's the weekend we can hang out again. Doesn't one of your friends' grandmother own the Golden Seahorse? We could hang out there, as I'm pretty hungry. I didn't get dinner yet," Trent said.

"Hey, sure thing man. And the food can be on the house," Jake said.

The girls, Trent and Jake were seen at the Golden Seahorse, as they were digging into the food. They all laughed, as they got along.

"I see you've all made a new friend today. Take this," Mai said, giving Trent a fortune cookie. Trent opened it to read the fortune, saying "you will meet a great group of friends".

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Firebolt and Donald Bucklend 

-Trent becomes the guardians' friend.

-"Firebolt" is the first villain to not be on the Federation's side.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3

Nice episode, this might be my favorite one yet. I liked the reveal of Donald and his company being behind the robberies. Even though the Guardians kind of helped the Federation, i guess it wouldn't of been right to let robbery go unchecked. Also, Trent seems cool, so it'll be interesting to see how much he gets interwoven into the guardians' circle of friends.

• Like 1

7. Framed

Madison and her friends, along with Elana and Roxy, are seen upstairs in Madison's room having a sleepover, as they were all in their pajamas.

"Thanks for inviting us over!" Roxy said.

"It was just out of curiosity, since you two are close with Cynthia, so I figured, why don't I try being closer with you two?" Madison asked.

"That was thoughtful of you. You seem nice," Elana said.

"I wouldn't entirely say that, since I banned my brother from coming in any sort of contact during the sleepover, but anyways..." Madison was saying awkwardly, as Jake is seen downstairs, sitting on a chair not amused, with his arms.

"So uh...why exactly did you have a sleepover? You never told us," Tori asked.

"Why does there need to be a reason? It's a sleepover!" Elana said, laughing.

"Oh, well...uh, there is actually a reason. Basically I need you guys to help me plan the school's annual fair. I got stuck with the theme, it's a long story..." Madison said, as a flashback showed her being escorted to the principal's office by Professor Rotwell.

"That is the last time you sleep in my class, you disrespectful girl! We'll see how Mr. Thomson reacts to this..." Rotwell said, as he walked into Principal Thomson's room to see him playing with a toy ship.

"OH NO CAPTAIN, THE SHIP'S GOING DOWN! WE HAVE TROOPS OVERBOARD, CALL IN REINFORCEMENTS!" he yelled, playing with toys.

"Ahem," Rotwell said, as Thomson gasped and put his toys away.

"Oh...hello professor, what do you need?" Thomson asked.

"Madison Landers keeps dozing off in my class and not paying attention! She is ruining my fine art of teaching!" Rotwell complained.

"Sorry, I just don't like the class, can I get taken out-" Madison asked.

"NO! It is too late in the year! You will stay in my class and you will like it! Now, what will her punishment be? Detention?" Rotwell asked.

"Slow down there professor, who said we had to punish her? Maybe she just needs to get into the mythology swing. I tell you what Mrs. Landers, for the life of us we can't think of a good theme for our fair this year, so why not you be the one that gives me a theme in the next ten seconds?" Thomson asked, looking at his watch, as Madison was confused.

"Um...how about medieval?" Madison asked, thinking of Karmania.

"I love it! You can be the event planner, so have fun setting it up!" Thomson said.

"Wait, hold on-" Madison was saying, as he threw a bunch of boxes into her arms.

"Have fun!" Thomson said, as he escorted her out of the office, ending the flashback.

"So yeah, after all that, I thought...maybe you guys could help me plan the fair?" Madison asked, as they all looked at her a bit annoyed.

"You only did this sleepover so we could be on your planning committee?" Cynthia asked, annoyed.

"No, I did want to hang out, but I need a lot of help for it!" Madison said.

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood for setting up ye joust, or any other nerd knight stuff," Tori said, as she packed up her stuff and began to leave, as did the others.

"And you really listened to a guy who was playing with toys and a crazy foreign professor?" Audrey asked.

"I didn't have a choice, I was going to get detention!" Madison said.

"I'd rather take detention than boring ye old knights," Cynthia said.

"Yeah, I'm with her on this one, have fun," Elana said, walking out.

"WAIT! I'll pay you guys, and besides, we'll be doing it for the school," Madison said, showing money, as all five immediately turned back.

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere!" Cynthia said.

"Fine, but do you have a plan?" Roxy asked.

"Yes..." Madison was saying, as they were seen outside the school with tons of cardboard boxes everywhere.

"That's your plan? Littering?" Elana asked.

"No, we need to start off somewhere with the props. Cynthia can handle costumes, but we need someone to paint these boxes so they look medieval..." Madison said, as they all looked at Audrey.

"What? Me?" Audrey asked.

"Well, you are the most artistic and creative one of us all," Cynthia said, as they all agreed.

"She has a point, and you can paint better than me, so you're already qualified," Tori said.

"I guess I can try to make something medieval out of these, get me paint supplies!" Audrey said, as Cynthia was at work on the costumes, while the others worked on minor props, when Johnny went into the courtyard to see their work.

"Hey there ladies, can I help?-" Johnny was asking.

"No," they all said at once.

"Come on. :( Can't I do something?" Johnny asked.

"Actually, you can! We have the perfect costume for you. You can be the royal fool that greets people!" Cynthia said, handing it to him.

"Hooray, I get to do something!" Johnny said.

Ramos is then seen at his castle watching television, as a program named "Snail-tective" was on, starring a snail as a detective with a detective hat on its shell and a fish officer as his partner.

"Snail-tective, it looks like we've had an accident. What do you think?" the cop asked to the snail, as they looked at a crashed boatmobile with an unconscious fish.

"Meow meow...MEOW?!" the snail said, as the captions read: "Accident, officer? Or...MURDER?!"

"WHAT?!" the cop yelled in shock, as the show went to commercials.

"This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen." Ramos said, turning off the tv, as he went into his throne room to see Skipper.

"Did you get him?" Ramos asked.

"Yes sir," Skipper replied, as a Karmanian appeared, holding painting paper and a paintbrush.

"Hello...King Ramos," they said, stuttering.

"Lawrence Francoro, you are the best painter in Karmania, you even did this fantastic painting of a village, which I've kept in my castle, and even put it in the Posidonia Fields Art Museum, which are both high honors," Ramos said, showing him through a hallway of artwork, with many pictures of Ramos, his castle, or Ramos and his castle, and he points to a painting of a Karmanian village.

"Yeah, I-I thought it was a nice representation-" Lawrence was saying, when Ramos covered his mouth.

"Forget the details! Let me cut to the chase, I want you to paint me a fantastic painting of yours truly, and it must be the best painting you have EVER made! All these other paintings have bored me, but I know you can make the best one ever. If you do, I will give you your own mansion, and you'd be a rich god!" Ramos said.

"Of course! I would do anything for our king!" Lawrence said, starting the painting, as Ramos posed in front of his paper.

The painter then finished, showing Ramos his portrait.

"Hmm... I don't know. First of all, my crown is not that big, and second of all, it looks like I'm gripping my staff too tight, try to make it looser. Also, I look way too happy, make it a more neutral smile. Lastly, my arms just a bit inch too big. Toss that in the trash!" Ramos complained.

"My apologies, I just got ov-verconfide-dent! I promise the next one will be better..." Lawrence said, ripping the paper off and throwing it into a trashcan.

"No worries, first mistake. My image is a difficult one to capture, take your time. Just remember, make this your magnum opus, I'd hate for you to end up like my past painter..." Ramos warned, as in his hallway of paintings, a painting of a screaming fish is seen.

The girls are seen back outside the school courtyard, setting up medieval decorations with some other students such as Trent's help, but Audrey is stumped on how to paint some of them.

"I'm really on an artist's block here, I really need inspiration, and we only have ten hours until it starts!" Audrey said to the four, just painting random dashes across boxes.

"The art museum should have some medieval paintings, maybe those could give you a jolt of inspiration?" Madison offered.

"Sure, but we need someone to stay behind and help decorate," Audrey said.

"Guess that's me," Tori said, as she was helping Elana and Roxy.

"We'll be at the art museum if you guys need us," Cynthia said to Elana and Roxy, as Madison, Cynthia, and Audrey headed off.

"Cynthia sure seems to be hanging with them more than you lately," Roxy said to Elana.

"I'm not worried, Cynthia's been my best friend for ages now, she'd never abandon me! She's just helping her other friend," Elana said, hanging up medieval banners, but had a nervous thought.

Back in the throne room, Lawrence finished another painting, as Ramos examined.

"NO! My royal robes should be an equal length apart from each other, and the right one also has two inches on it too many!" Ramos complained.

"Sorry, I'll try again!" Lawrence replied, as he tore off the paper again and started another new one.

A montage then happens with Lawrence trying (and failing) a new painting over and over with Ramos's replies.

"Nope."

"Not even close!"

"That's not right..."

"The worst one yet."

"Seriously?"

"Nah ah."

"Disgusting!"

"Eh...are my eyes that far apart?"

Lawrence was about to explode, as he showed one final painting, which was the last in his stack of papers.

"Maybe this will satisfy you, highness!" Lawrence said angrily, as it showed Ramos with a very angry and stupid looking face, and him barking orders at Lawrence.

"Well, that's just rude! And it looks like you are out of paper!" Ramos said, as Lawrence packed up things and started walking off.

"And you're out of a painter, because I quit! You try it again!" Lawrence yelled.

"Stop him," Ramos said to Skipper, as Skipper made his hands glow dark and he levitated Lawrence, stopping him, and he brought him back in front of Ramos.

"W-What are y-you doing to me?!" Lawrence asked, trying to move.

"Lawrence Francoro, you will pay the price for these terrible, insulting portraits! You have failed to paint me a masterpiece!" Ramos said.

"I gave you my best works, you're a nitpicking jerk!" Lawrence snapped back.

"Of course I am, your point? Maybe being trapped in one of your own creations for all eternity will teach you a lesson!" Ramos said.

Skipper then zapped a magic bolt from Lawrence into the village painting, as he was sucked into it, screaming.

Back at the museum, Madison, Audrey and Cynthia are looking around, as they see the same village painting on display.

"That painting is perfect! Yeah, I see it now..." Audrey said, as she took a picture of it. "I'll base my paintings off of that."

"That's a really weird looking medieval village," Cynthia said.

"Yeah...it almost looks like something out of Karmania," Audrey said, looking at it further.

"Eh, probably a coincidence. Art can look like a lot of things." Madison said.

Suddenly, the same magic bolt that trapped Lawrence in his painting shot out of the painting, as it began sucking the three girls in.

"Does it also look like that?!" Cynthia asked, the three went flying into the painting and disappeared.

A little boy fish drops his ice cream cone upon seeing that.

"Uhh, I'm going to pretend I didn't see that..." he said.

The girls are seen appearing inside the village painting, as Karmanian villagers walked around.

"This is the painting we just looked at. We're inside a painting," Madison said.

"This is either the coolest or scariest thing I've ever seen, probably scariest," Audrey said, as villagers walked past them.

"Can we interact with these people? Hey there," Cynthia said to a villager, as they just looked at them sadly and kept walking by. "Rude."

Lawrence then looked at them from a corner.

"Girls, I know you are not from here," Lawrence whispered to them, as they looked behind to see Lawrence.

"Who are you?" Madison asked.

"Come with me, I'll explain more," Lawrence said, walking through an alley, as they carefully followed, and a wagon went past them.

He then walked into a building, as the girls followed inside. 

"Okay, this definitely isn't a building I'd see in a medieval period," Audrey said, looking at the fancy details.

"It isn't, this painting is based on my hometown in a world called Karmania," Lawrence said, as the girls were shocked.

"You're from Karmania? We're the guardians, well, three of the four," Madison said.

"The guardians, eh? I see the new generation has appeared. Well, I assume you want to know why I am here. I am a painter from Karmania named Lawrence Francoro, and I made this painting. King Ramos saw it and wanted me to paint him a self-portrait, but he hated every single one for no reason, and banished me into my own creation," Lawrence explained, blowing into a harmonica. 

"You poor guy. We mysteriously got trapped in this painting when we were looking at it in the art museum, any idea why?" Audrey asked.

"Seems like when the curse was cast onto me, it also affected anybody in sight of the copy at the museum," Lawrence said.

"Well, is there any way out?" Cynthia asked.

"I just got banished here today, so...I don't know," Lawrence said, as all three were bummed.

"Great, we might be stuck in a painting forever. Come on Tori, Jake, someone!" Madison said.

Jake is seen looking around for Madison at the courtyard, and he meets Tori.

"Hey Tori, you have any idea where my sister is?" Jake asked.

"They went to the art museum over an hour ago, and haven't came back. Audrey gets inspired pretty quickly, so I don't know what they're up to," Tori said, still setting up medieval props with others.

"That's concerning, maybe we should take a look," Jake said.

'Whatever gets me away from him," Tori said, pointing to Johnny in a royal fool costume waving to her.

The two went into the museum, looking around, but didn't see the gang anywhere.

"Either they're ditching, or something's not right here..." Tori said.

Jake then looked closer into the village painting, as he saw Lawrence, Madison, Cynthia and Audrey.

"...I think I know where they went!" Jake said, pointing to them.

"That's not good," Tori said, looking at them.

Cameron, Zero, and Nick then appeared at the museum, after Jake contacted them.

"How did they get stuck in a painting?" Cameron asked.

"I don't know! They said they wanted to get Audrey inspiration, they go missing for a while, and we looked for them to find this," Jake said, pointing to them.

"I wonder if they can see or hear us. Maybe if we yell, they'll respond?" Nick wondered.

"I don't think that's going to work, it appears this painting got cursed," Zero said, analyzing it.

"Can we do undo it?" Jake asked.

"Uh...the truth is, I don't know," Zero said.

Back at the castle, Ramos and Skipper look at the village portrait, as Ramos laughs.

"Serves that pretentious fool right! Thankfully, I got a much better replacement!" Ramos said, as he walks back into the throne room.

Two soldiers escort in a Karmanian beast that was a blue ball with roller skates on its feet, holding a paintbrush in one hand and a bucket of paint in the other, had no mouth, and wore a red hat. 

"That thing creeps me out," Doyle said.

"This is a true artist, called Paint Skater. Anything this little critter paints comes to life!" Ramos said, laughing.

Paint Skater rolled around, as it painted a statue of Ramos on the wall. It then popped out of the wall, as it appeared in the room.

"Now that's a true replica of me!" Ramos said, admiring it.

"Heh, he look cute," Van Gordon said.

"Cute, but this thing can paint ANYTHING to life. I can even use it against the guardians," Ramos said, as the creature blankly stared at Van Gordon and Doyle.

"Ummm..." Doyle was saying.

Paint Skater then painted replicas of Doyle and Van Gordon, as they came to life and growled like zombies.

"KILL IT!" Van Gordon yelled, as Paint Skater erased them with a magic eraser.

Skipper then looked into the village painting, as he saw the guardians in it.

"Your highness, it appears my spell had an unintended side effect." Skipper said to Ramos, as he pointed to the guardians in the painting.

"Well, looks like I get to use Paint Skater already! Both my enemies trapped in one setting, now our buddy can destroy them easily! There's nothing they can do there!" Ramos said.

"Sir, I will go there too, and destroy them." Zurtrax said.

"Fine, but keep the heart alive, I still might need her," Ramos ordered.

Skipper then blasted Zurtrax and Paint Skater with the same magic, as it teleported them into the painting.

Back at the museum, bolts shot out of it, as all five dodged from being sucked into the painting, and it stopped.

"Uh oh, it looks like something else just went in there..." Zero said, reading the scanner.

"I think I probably know who. Dangit, how can we get in there?!" Tori asked.

"I think I might know a way now, but I don't know if technology can even undo magic," Zero said.

In the village painting, Lawrence and the girls walk around, when out of a portal, Zurtrax and Paint Skater fell into the street, as villagers panicked and hid in fear.

"Halt guardians, this is your doom." Zurtrax ordered, pointing out his sword, while Paint Skater rolled around.

"Ugh, not cyborg freak again, and now he's brought...a skating ball?" Cynthia asked, as the girls laughed.

"What's that thing going to do, run us over?" Audrey asked.

"Do not laugh at it, that is Paint Skater, a Karmanian beast that can turn anything it paints to life!" Lawrence said, as Paint Skater painted five FedBots on the ground, as they came to life.

"I spoke too soon." Audrey said, gulping.

"Don't panic, we have this!" Madison said, as she pulled out the heart and waved it, but nothing happened. "Uh...come on!"

"The heart will not work in this painting. We are a part of the painting, no powers will work here." Lawrence said.

"ATTACK!" Zurtrax yelled, as the enemies charged at the four.

"What do we do then?!" Cynthia asked, as she punched a FedBot, but it grabbed her.

"I have an idea!" Lawrence said, as he grabbed out his paintbrush and painted a bowling ball.

He sent it flying into the robot, destroying it, and it knocked down the others.

"Oh cool, you have magic paint powers too!" Audrey said.

"Yes, but I only have one other brush. Which one of you is the most creative in making things to stop them?" Lawrence asked, as Cynthia and Madison pointed to Audrey, as he gave it to her.

Paint Skater got back up, scratching its head, as it rolled around onto the painting buildings, chasing after the gang. It painted a box of TNT, as it threw it at them. Audrey dipped her brush into Lawrence's palette, painted a metal box around the TNT, as it exploded inside the metal box, causing no damage.

Zurtrax jumped up and sliced his sword at Lawrence, but Audrey painted a shield, as it blocked the attack, and she then painted a jack-in-the box, as it opened up and punched Zurtrax into a wagon. They made a run for it, going off to the hills, as Paint Skater and the FedBots gave chase.

"So do we just keep running? There has to be a way out!" Cynthia said, as Audrey drew bowling balls, sending them flying at the FedBots, destroying them, but Paint Skater jumped over them and kept rolling.

"Actually...I don't know if this is possible, but what if we paint a portal out of here?" Audrey asked, having an idea.

"That's a great idea, but where would it even take us?" Madison asked.

"I guess it is not impossible, but I can't say for sure if it will work. It will have to be our best option, because here they come!" Lawrence said, pointing to Zurtrax and Paint Skater coming near them. Audrey began painting a replica of a portal.

"Let's hope this works..." Audrey said, as she was getting paint all over her, and working hard.

"End of the line. You are coming with me." Zurtrax said, pointing his sword to Madison.

"I don't think so!" Madison said, as Lawrence gave her his paintbrush, and Madison quickly painted a bomb, throwing it at the two. It exploded, leaving a hole in the painting. 

"Hey, careful with that!" Lawrence replied.

"Sorry, had to do something!" Madison said, as she grabbed a FedBot and threw it into the hole, sending it off into a void. Cynthia also kicked another one in.

Paint Skater then painted some swords, as it sent a bunch flying at Audrey, but she quickly painted a shield behind her, stopping them.

"I just saw my life flash before my eyes!" Audrey said, as she went back to finishing the portal, but she was low on paint ink.

Paint Skater seemed frustrated, as it began painting a giant bomb, as Zurtrax swung his sword around at Madison and Cynthia, as the two tried fighting back. Madison painted her and Cynthia their own swords, and began clashing their swords with Zurtrax's.

"You might want to hurry!" Cynthia said, as Paint Skater was finishing up his bomb, and Audrey just finished.

"DONE!" Audrey said, as the portal was glowing. 

Paint Skater finished his bomb, as it was burning at the rope, but Audrey quickly painted what was left in the palette a steel bubble, sending it flying at the bomb and Paint Skater. He tried to pop it, but it was too strong, as he panicked and skated around the bubble. It kept floating up to the painted sky.

The bubble then exploded, as it distracted Zurtrax, and Cynthia kicked him to the ground. Paint Skater's hat, paintbrush and eraser all fell to the ground, as Lawrence grabbed the brush and eraser.

"Let's go!" Madison said, as the four went into it.

"NOO!" Zurtrax yelled, as Lawrence quickly erased the entrance, and the four disappeared before Zurtrax could attack.

As the gang is pondering at the museum, a portal opens up, as all four fall to the ground. It then disappears.

"...Never mind," Zero said, who was just still analyzing the portrait and almost had a solution.

"You guys are okay! Except, I have like, a million questions on what just happened..." Nick said, as they explained what happened.

"That sounds crazy, but I'm glad you are all okay," Jake said.

"Now I wish I had gone with you guys, it would've been better being in there than breaking my back in putting up decorations," Tori said.

"I'm impressed you guys did that all on your own, even though it robbed us of action and all. I am glad you are okay, Mr. Francoro." Cameron said.

"I never would have made it back without these girls, but I have to give special thanks to the one called Audrey. You are one creative person, and you saved my life. I applaud your quick art skills," Lawrence said, as Audrey felt proud.

"Are you going back to Karmania?" Madison asked.

"No, that place gives me nightmares! I like this town, I think I'll stay. See you soon, and here Audrey, you can have these to remember me by," Lawrence said, handing her Paint Skater's magic paintbrush and eraser, as he waved farewell and walked out of the museum, as did Jake and the knights.

Elana then walked in to see the girls.

"There you guys are! The fair is in six hours! Where were you?" Elana asked, as Audrey realized she forgot about the fair.

"It's a long story, but trust me, I'm ready to finish up the fair!" Audrey said.

The gang is seen at the fair, which Audrey finished painting decorations for with the help of others, as many people were there playing medieval games and eating food, and Johnny was juggling balls (and failing miserably) for people.

"I must say, you did a great job with this fair! I'm making so much money! I should do last minute planning more often!" Principal Thomson said to Madison, as he laughed and walked off.

"Well, after all that, I'm glad everything worked out for everyone," Jake said, as Mai appeared.

"I came to see my granddaughter's artwork, and I must say I am impressed! You must have gone through a lot to make this nice artwork?" Mai said.

"You wouldn't know," Audrey said, laughing.

"Your granddaughter also made a monster explode." Nick said, laughing, as everyone looked at him.

"Not even going to ask!" Mai said.

"That's the best reaction I'd give too, now let's have fun, I didn't put all this work in to not have fun!" Tori said.

"Yeah, go wild, guys!" Madison said, as they all went off to play in the games, when she bumped into Rotwell.

"I am impressed Mrs. Landers, but don't think I am too impressed! You will do good in my class!" Rotwell said.

"Yes sir," Madison said, sighing.

"Good! Ooh, that mutton looks absolutely delicious!" Rotwell said, going off to eat it.

"Nice job sweetie, I had no idea you were the one who planned this," Susan said, reading a pamphlet, meeting Madison.

"Yeah, it was just out of courtesy!" Madison said, laughing.

"But we don't want to embarrass you, enjoy the fair with your friends!" Henry said, as Madison walked off to hang with the girls.

Zurtrax is then seen still in the painting, sitting on a rock in the middle of nowhere.

"Anybody? Hello? Ugh..." Zurtrax said, waiting for Skipper to bring him back.

Skipper was walking around the painting hallway late at night, looking at the painting.

"Hmm...I feel like I forgot something. Eh, oh well, probably not important," Skipper said, shrugging, as Zurtrax was seen in the painting.

However, as Skipper walked past it, another unusual sight was in the painting. A freeze frame of Elana was seen among the crowd of villagers, with a sad face...

______

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Lawrence, Paint Skater, Snail-tective, and Cop

-Area Debuts: Village Painting

-First time the girls don't go into their guardian forms, neither do the knights.

-Skipper has magic powers.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3

8. Resistant

As the heroes kept having fun at the school fair into the night, the girls are seen laughing. A batfish wearing black capes, a glass tube over its head, and a fancy red tie, is seen hanging upside-down from a tree branch, watching them.

"Laugh while you can, guardians..." the creature said eerily.

The next day, Ramos is seen at his castle looking through Madison's birth records, trying to figure out if she truly is the Karmanian princess. Meanwhile, Skipper walks down a hallway into the throne room, when the same creature mentioned at the beginning hops down from the ceiling, scaring Skipper, Van Gordon and Doyle.

"Hello gentleman." the creature said.

"Broodwing, you need to knock!" Skipper said.

"What's some vampire batfish with a jar on its head doing here?" Doyle asked, mocking Broodwing's appearance.

"That's Broodwing, a partner of Ramos, who sells him very important supplies." Zurtrax said.

"How did he even gets in here?! Nobody sneak behind me!" Van Gordon asked.

"I let myself in. Now silence fools, I must speak to Ramos!" Broodwing said.

"That's KING Ramos!" Ramos yelled, walking into the room, holding his staff.

"My apologies, sire. How goes the King of Posidonia and conquerer of Karmania today?" Broodwing asked.

"Not quite the conquerer of Karmania just yet, but thank you for asking. Well...I actually may need your help," Ramos said worryingly.

"Not to worry, just tell me what it is you need. Robots, potions, weapons, monsters, for a price, of course..." Broodwing said.

"Your reputation as a greedy, shady, self-serving mercenary...HAHAHA, is well deserved!" Ramos said, slapping Broodwing on the back, as the two laughed.

"How have my robots proven thus far?" Broodwing asked.

"They are fancy, but they haven't been going the way I would've liked. Those pesky guardians keep easily destroying them with their magic powers. I want machines to surpass magic, they should not be inferior! I also need to talk about renaming them, I'm not feeling the name "FedBots"!" Ramos complained.

"No problem, sir. I can upgrade them to be more magic resistant and stronger, for a price." Broodwing said, holding out his hand, as Ramos laughed.

"Of course, and I hereby decree they are renamed to...RamBots....eh, that's not working either! You four got any ideas?" Ramos asked to Skipper, Zurtrax, Van Gordon and Doyle.

"I got nothing, mate," Doyle replied.

"Uh, how about...the Destructo Bot?" Van Gordon suggested.

"Too plain!" Ramos replied.

"Is renaming your robots really important?" Doyle asked.

"YES! A mighty king must have a mighty name for his robotic soldiers!" Ramos demanded.

"I have a suggestion: Slayers. They will slay those guardians with this upgrade." Zurtrax suggested.

"Hmm... I like it. It's short and to the point, excellent!" Ramos said, as he paid Broodwing two bags of gold.

"Thank you, sir. I'll be off to get them upgraded." Broodwing said, as he walked off.

"Now then...it is time we stopped fiddling around and finally took action against Madison. And I want Zurtrax to come up with a plan for it," Ramos said.

"Me? Why, sir?" Zurtrax asked.

"You've been a bit lenient lately, I know the real Zurtrax would obliterate those guardians in a heartbeat. I think you've had no action for so long, that you have gone soft. You would never get defeated by them in a measly painting!" Ramos said.

"I've tried my best sir," Zurtrax replied.

"No worries. We all have our bad days. With these new magic resistant robots however, I believe we can lure them right into a trap. We need some way to lure them..." Ramos said.

"I have an idea. Start a rumor to the soldiers in Karmania that the Runaway's Seal was found," Zurtrax said, as Skipper and Ramos gasped, while Van Gordon and Doyle were confused.

"What's that?" Doyle asked.

"Long ago in Central Karmania, an unknown runaway stole the princess, and fled into Posidonia using an ancient seal to make a portal. However, they lost the seal when fleeing, and nobody has ever found it," Skipper explained.

"Yes, and I suspect the rumor will pass onto the guardians. Then, we lure them into a trap and capture the heart keeper," Zurtrax said.

"Excellent idea you got there pal, but it's the execution that matters the most! Don't fail me! You two, go along with him." Ramos said.

"I've been looking forward to another rematch with those gallahs," Doyle said.

"But wait, is real seal out there?" Van Gordon asked, confused.

"Nobody knows, but it sure is a mystery..." Skipper said.

At the Golden Seahorse, the girls are seen hanging out with the knights.

"Well, I'm glad that fair went better than I expected, but that's probably the only and last time I'll ever do that," Madison said.

"And that's also the only time I ever want to be trapped in a painting," Cynthia said.

"You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to be trapped inside a painting, but it doesn't sound like the way I wanted based on your descriptions..." Nick said.

"I just feel bad I could not help you all in time, but machinery doesn't always solve magic." Zero said.

"Do not worry. Both sides will need to work without each other when divided. You both may help each other, but there are times when you will need to do your own adventures without both groups," Mai said, giving advice.

"I don't know about that, with all due respect madame, I think both groups work well as a whole," Cameron said.

"Yeah, I kind of agree with him, do we really need to split up?" Jake asked.

"Not saying you HAVE to, silly, but you should learn that both groups will eventually not always need to depend on each other," Mai said.

"She has a point, since Audrey was able to take care of a monster using paint after all," Tori said.

"Now then, in other pressing matters, I have concerning news. Ranen has heard whisperings from rebels in Karmania. Supposedly, the Runaway's Seal was found in. This is an ancient artifact once used to carry over the Karmanian princess to Posidonia from an unknown drifter, but it was lost long ago...until now, hence why I am telling you this." Mai said.

"Wait, what good is it to Ramos?" Cameron asked.

"The truth is...I don't know. But it is probably worth investigating," Mai said.

"Well...where can we find it?" Cynthia asked.

"Somewhere. Now have fun, I think a portal is opening in...three...two...one!" Mai said, as Madison hovered the heart over the map and one opened. "Wow, I have a talent for calling that."

"There could be something worth looking for while we're there, but there's a 0.15% chance of us even finding this stone," Zero said.

"That's re-assuring," Audrey said.

The gang follows the map, as they find a portal in the park forest. 

"I really hope we're not on a wild chase for nothing," Tori said, sighing, as the eight ventured into the portal. 

They came out on the other side, as they saw some rebel tents, and the rebels greeted them.

"Hey, it's the guardians and knights!" one said, as they cheered.

"Where are we?" Madison asked.

"It's a rebel camp," Jake said, looking out from a forest clearing.

"Do you guys know about the Runaway's Seal?" Cameron asked to one.

"We've heard whisperings, but nobody is sure where it could be, or if Ramos even truly found it." the rebel replied.

"Yeah, what if this whole thing is like some weird trap thing, and he didn't really find it, but he's luring us under his nose as I am speaking and we don't even really know if he found it?" Nick suggested.

"That's deep," Tori said.

"But he has a point. What if they didn't find it, and are trying to lure us out?" Jake asked.

"Who really knows? I guess it's worth looking around for, maybe start in the slum village," a rebel referred, as they pointed east.

"I guess it's worth a shot, maybe Diggy knows something," Cameron wondered.

"That ugly thing? Really?" Cynthia asked.

"Come on now, that's a bit rude, even if he is a dirty and filthy mole thing," Nick said, realizing what he said. "Well, I just contradicted myself there, heh."

"Well, he sadly knows a lot about old artifacts, so he's our best option," Jake said, as the eight headed off through the east clearing.

An upgraded black Slayer Bot is seen watching the gang from behind a tree, as it disappears into the shadows.

The gang is seen outside Diggy's house, as he meets them.

"What do you all want now?" Diggy asked.

"Have you heard of a thing called the Runaway's Seal?" Audrey asked.

"I wouldn't of heard of it had all those nosy soldiers and monsters and rebels not been talking about it!" Diggy said, annoyed.

"That's nice, but I don't care, we're kind of pressed for time. Do you have any idea where it could be?" Cynthia asked.

"Last I heard, rumors afloat tell that it may reside by the ol' waterfall, north of the pointing sword..." Diggy said.

"...What?" Tori asked.

"We don't really have time for riddles," Jake said.

"Bah, look at that statue!" Diggy said, as they looked at an old Karmanian warrior statue in the center of the village, as its sword pointed north. The gang looked at it a bit embarrassed. 

"Huh, of all the times I've been here, I've never noticed that thing before. You do see something new every day!...or is it learn..." Nick was wondering, as the other seven headed off without him, but he saw them ahead, as he ran off.

Diggy seemed annoyed, as he went behind his trailer to dig through his pile of garbage, when Broodwing appeared from the shadows, waving his cape, making Diggy jump a bit.

"Did they take the bait?" Broodwing asked.

"Yes, and you really need to knock, you're going to give me a heart attack one of these days!" Diggy complained.

"Excellent." Broodwing said, as he walked off.

The gang walked toward the waterfall.

"So why do we need this stone again?" Tori asked.

"Well, we can't let Ramos have it," Zero replied.

"Fair enough," Tori replied.

"This ground is gross, these shoes are going to need so much washing after this!" Cynthia complained.

As the gang kept walking, they saw two Slayer Bots up ahead, as they turned around.

"Here we go!" Madison said, as she pulled out the heart, and the four girls transformed, and the knights powered up.

However, instead of attacking, the two robots split up; one went a path toward the waterfall, and the other ran to the right.

"Well, I guess Audrey's grandmother was right we need to split up sometimes! We'll take the left one, you guys get the right one!" Madison said, as the gang did so.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" Cameron asked.

"Well, we can't always work together for every problem, so I think it is for the best we try experimenting this once. I approve," Jake said.

The guardians flew after the robot, as it headed to a clearing with a beautiful waterfall at the end. The four landed, as the robot just kept moving awkwardly on the rocks, not doing anything.

"So...you going to attack or what? I don't have all day," Tori taunted.

Suddenly, a bunch of other Slayer bots came out of hiding, including some blue ones. Zurtrax jumped down from the top of the waterfall, pointing his sword to them.

"Something tells me the stone isn't really here," Madison said, sighing.

The knights were chasing the other robot, as Jake jumped up and attacked it, but Slayer pulled out a mechanic sword and clashed it with Jake's.

"This thing feels stronger than before!" Jake said, as the robot launched a laser blast from the other arm at the three other knights, making them fall to the ground.

Jake broke off of it, as he sliced his sword at its metal, but it didn't break through much.

"Looks like Ramos gave these pieces of scrap metal an upgrade!" Cameron said, as he tried attacking it, but the robot bashed him into a tree.

Zero and Nick then punched the robot together, as it went flying into another tree. It stood back up and was ready to launch another blast, but all four attacked it at once, slicing off its laser, and Nick stabbed his sword into its head, causing it to malfunction and self-destruct, collapsing to the ground.

"Oh man...if these things got upgraded, how will the girls handle them?!" Nick asked, as the four were ready to run off to the waterfall, but Van Gordon and Doyle appeared in their armor.

"Not these guys again..." Cameron said.

"Afraid so, mate," Doyle said, as they threw out the steel balls, making the Slayers appear, including four blue heads.

"I always want to see what magic world look like, and it very depressing," Van Gordon said, looking around.

At the waterfall, the girls were using their powers on the robots, who were launching laser blasts and sending them flying.

"Did these things get an upgrade?" Audrey asked, trying to create wind swirls around them, but they were faster and avoided them.

Cynthia tried throwing a rock at Zurtrax, but he sliced through it multiple times with his sword, leaving no pieces behind.

"So did he!" Cynthia said.

"I wish I could do more than just shooting magic beams from this thing!" Madison said, trying to shoot heart blasts, but they did not automatically destroy the robots, as they pressed on.

Tori threw some water waves at the robots, but they did not get hurt much, as they jumped at her with swords.

"Yeah, I can't do this!" Tori said, as she tried to attack Zurtrax, but he threw multiple electric blasts from his armor, sending the three flying to the ground.

"Capture her." Zurtrax ordered to the Slayers, as they saw Madison struggling with the heart's power.

"Come on, can't you go any faster?!" Madison begged, as the robots kept firing lasers at her.

The robots then jumped up and tried to attack Madison, as she kept flying.

"At least we have flight!" Audrey said, blowing wind gusts at the Slayers, as it sent one flying, and Cynthia threw a boulder at one, crushing it.

"Looks like we have to combine our powers to take these things out," Cynthia said.

"Those powers won't do you much good when separated," Zurtrax said, as he got out an electric chain and threw it at Madison. It wrapped around her, and shocked her, as she hit the water.

"Maddie!" the three yelled, but the robots got in their way.

"I ca-can't move!" Madison said, as Zurtrax grabbed her.

"You'll be coming with me, the king has waited a while to meet you face to face," Zurtrax said, laughing, as he escaped with her.

Cynthia threw another boulder at Zurtrax, but it didn't go far, as he flew off, getting away.

"My powers feel weaker..." Cynthia said.

"So do mine..." Audrey said, as her winds didn't do much to the robots.

"Ugh...great, where are the boys?!" Tori asked, as the knights were barely holding off Van Gordon and Doyle's robots.

Cameron tried attacking Doyle, but he flew up and punched Cameron, sending him flying to the ground. Zero sliced at his jet-pack, damaging it and sent Doyle flying into Van Gordon, as they crashed into a tree.

"We need to retreat and help the girls!" Jake ordered, as the three agreed and ran, with the robots following.

"You buggers can run all ya want, but them Slayers ain't surrendering!" Doyle said, trying to get out of the tree.

The girls then retreated, as the robots overwhelmed them, and they met up with the knights where they started.

"The psycho cyborg took Madison, we have to get back!" Cynthia said.

"WHAT?! Ugh, I hope we can find her. These things are ten times harder to defeat!" Jake said, as the seven ran back to where the portal was, avoiding the Slayers chasing them.

Madison is seen waking up in a room, still in her guardian form, as she was on a table. She hid the heart in her guardian shirt. The lights turned on, revealing Ramos, Zurtrax and Skipper.

"Hello, Madison Landers. Care for a cup of tea?" Ramos offered, as Skipper put a plate of tea next to her table.

"The King?! What do you want?!" Madison asked, trying to move, but she was strapped to the table.

"Now now, no need to struggle. Some tea will relax you, girlie," Ramos said, as Skipper poured the tea into her mouth, but she spit it out.

"That tastes like dishwater!" Madison said.

"It is dishwater," Skipper replied.

"Let me cut to the chase. I've always wanted to see a mermaid...fairy...whatever you may be, are you mermaids? I was actually never really sure, but never mind that, I know you aren't who you seem, heh..." Ramos said.

"I can say the same for you, you lied to everyone!" Madison said.

"Aw, that hurts my poor feelings! Listen here girl, I'm the most powerful man in Posidonia. This country and Karmania have secrets you couldn't begin to comprehend. I gotta keep up the political race somehow, and as you can tell, the people in this country aren't exactly very bright, so they can eat anything up! But never mind that, I know you are the lost Karmanian princess...maybe? Possibly? I dunno for sure, but it's worth a shot!" Ramos said.

"Princess? What? I don't know where I came from, but I was definitely not born in another dimension!" Madison said.

"We'll see about that," Zurtrax said, as he pulled out a scanner over her, and analyzed her. "Um, sir..."

"What is it?" Ramos asked, looking at it.

"She has no Karmanian DNA." Zurtrax reported.

"WHAT?! So she is not the princess after all?!" Ramos asked.

"Told you," Madison said.

"Well, that was a waste of a plan. Oh well, at least you're here, and that means your friends will be coming to rescue you, so I get y'all in my presence! Don't bother trying to escape!" Ramos said, laughing, as he looked at two guards in the room. "Guard her."

"Okay boss!" one of them said, saluting, as Ramos, Zurtrax and Skipper left the room, closing the door behind.

"We're gonna watch you like a hawk, now enjoy some television!" the other guard said, turning on a small tv to show a bunch of commercials.

"Come on, do something..." Madison said, as the heart glowed in her shirt, and it floated up, cutting through the straps, letting her go. She flew up, as the two guards were eating popcorn, when they turned around.

"AAHH, SHE'S FREE!" one yelled.

"Uh, you're going to have stay put," the other said, as she kept floating.

"I kind of can't, can I go now?" Madison asked.

"Well, okay...wait no, I mean you have to stay here! I don't wanna hurt ya..." the guard said, as both pointed small spears at her.

"Fine, I'll power down," Madison said, as the heart stopped glowing, and took her out of the guardian form.

Back in Karmania, the gang were at the portal entrance, when the three girls went back to normal. 

"That's not good," Tori said, as the knights powered down.

"Madison probably lost control of it, I'm worried..." Jake said.

The seven were then seen at the Golden Seahorse, telling what happened to Mai.

"Oh my, how unfortunate this happens when I suggest not to be so dependent on each other. When one of you is divided, all of the guardians' powers diminish slowly," Mai explained.

"I knew we shouldn't have split up, why did you approve her idea, Jake?" Cameron asked to him.

"Hey, I was just doing what Mai suggested!" Jake replied.

"Do not bicker, I take responsibility. I shouldn't have tried forcing you to do it if you weren't ready," Mai replied.

"We can't just sit here like snails, we have to rescue her!" Cynthia said.

"She is the leader though, she would have a plan," Audrey said.

"We don't need a plan, and there is no one defined leader of us. Jake and Madison may lead our groups, but when they are down, we stand up and take action," Cameron said.

"Yeah, Madison would do the same for us. Even if we don't have our powers, we have to do something!" Cynthia said.

"They have a point. I assume she is at Ramos's castle," Jake said.

"But how can we break in? That place is huge," Nick said.

"Ramos often gives tours of his castle, perhaps we need some disguises," Zero said.

"I got this," Cynthia said.

A line of fish are seen heading into Ramos's castle, as the seven appeared, wearing disguises and sunglasses courtesy of Cynthia.

"This is one of the worst things I've ever had to wear," Cameron said, in an awkward tuxedo, sunglasses, and wearing a blonde wig.

"Just deal with it until we find Maddie," Cynthia said.

"And here you can see beautiful paintings of me, my castle, and me and my castle," Ramos said, showing the tourists, as they took photos.

"Oh my!"

"Such artwork!"

"Wow, I wish I could be him!"

"Marry me!"

The seven then broke away from the group, as they looked around the halls, as guards were on patrol.

"Don't go too far," the guard warned, as the seven pretended to examine the statues and artwork.

"This decor is way too tacky," Cynthia nitpicked.

Madison is seen stuck in the room, as the two guards kept laughing at stupid television shows.

"HAHA, HE GOT HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A COCONUT!" the guard said, laughing.

"Hey guys, I have a game to pass the time," Madison said.

"Ooh, what is it?" one asked.

"It's called the "Count to 1000 and Close Your Eyes" game, whoever counts to 1000 first without looking gets to see a magic trick!" Madison said.

"Ooh, this sounds fun!" the other guard said, as they agreed and laughed.

"Ready? Go!" Madison said, as she closed her eyes. The two guards put their fins on their eyes and began counting.

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three..."

"Keep going!" Madison said, as she quietly walked out the door and closed it.

"Eleveteen..." a guard said.

"That's not a real number, I don't think you're playing this game right!" the other guard said.

"Maybe we're both doing this wrong! OH NO! Start over!" the guard said, as they agreed.

"One..."

"Two..."

Madison walked around the hall, as she pulled the heart out of her pocket.

"I wonder if those two can even count. Oh well, I gotta find a way out..." Madison said, looking around, as she then saw the seven.

"Madison, it's us!" Tori said.

"You're okay!" Cynthia said, as they took off their disguises.

"You guys found me!? I'm relieved, and yet slightly confused..." Madison said.

"Thank Cynthia for the disguise idea, and we took advantage of Ramos's tours at the castle," Jake said.

"Whew, I thought he had you eaten alive by some man-eating octopus monster or something!" Nick said.

"Uh sure Nick, let's go with that," Madison said.

"What did they do to you?" Jake asked.

"That weirdo Ramos thought I was the Karmanian princess, but apparently I'm not, so this was a waste of time," Madison said.

"What did the octopus look like?" Nick asked.

"What? Nick, there was no octopus!" Madison replied.

"Aw..." Nick replied.

"Why would he think you were the princess?" Jake asked.

"I guess maybe because I don't know where I came from, but I'm relieved I'm not, that would be too much of a shock for me right now," Madison said. "Now let's get out of here before those guards I distracted figure out how to reach 1000."

"Uh..." Tori was asking.

"It's a long story, let's just go," Madison said.

"Aw, I want to teach some of Ramos's goons a lesson," Tori said.

"I agree with her, it is the best move to retreat again while we're in the clear," Cameron said, as the seven agreed and ran off.

Back in the room, the two guards were still counting.

"Sixty-seven..."

"Sixty-sixty..."

"I don't think that's a number either! D'oh, let's try again!" the guard said.

"One..."

"Wait a minute...I haven't heard the girl in a while," the other guard said, as they opened their eyes to see she was gone.

"Ooh, she disappeared!" the other said.

"But where did she go?" the other one asked.

"AAAHHH, SHE ESCAPED!" they both yelled at once, as they ran out of the room, trying to find her.

The seven then made their way back to the entrance, quickly walking by tourists, when Ramos saw them walk out the entrance.

"Wha-wha-wha?! Ah, forget it..." Ramos said, sighing, as he began walking to the tourist group looking at a map of Posidonia.

The two guards then kept running, as they crashed into Ramos, making him fall to the ground.

"Boss, the girl escaped!" one of them said.

"Gee, I wonder how that POSSIBLY could have happened?" Ramos asked.

"She used a magic trick on us, it was witchcraft!" the other said.

The gang was seen back at the portal, as Madison closed it. They then headed to the Golden Seahorse, as Madison looked at the heart.

"I'm glad you're okay, it takes true skill to escape the Federation," Jake said to her.

"Yeah, how was it being in the lair of evil?" Audrey asked.

"It was...underwhelming, to say the least," Madison said.

"I'm glad everything worked out, you see, as one is divided, the others will find a way to pull you back," Mai said.

"I think this taught me though we can work together when divided, we just have to believe. Hopefully, next time we'll be prepared to destroy those upgraded robots," Madison said.

"Yes, I am sorry I taught you to split up. If an enemy is too powerful, combine your strength as one," Mai replied.

"Plus, Madison was able to rescue herself without guardian magic, so I think we can take on dumb robots!" Tori said.

"Ahem." Zero said.

"Not you Zero. You're cool in my book," Tori said.

"I just had dumb luck this time, and I put a lot of emphasis on the dumb part," Madison said, laughing.

"I'm just disappointed that stone thing turned out to be a trap after all..." Nick said.

"Who knows, maybe it is out there somewhere in the large world of Karmania?" Zero said.

"Yes yes, but for now, celebrate your victory instead of pondering the future!" Mai said, giving them food.

"I just wonder who the princess is, they could also be anywhere in Posidonia..." Audrey said.

"Didn't your grandmother just say to celebrate instead of ponder?" Tori taunted.

"Fine, fine, if you insist!" Audrey said, eating her food.

Somewhere in the slum village in Karmania, underneath an old grate in the ground, a shiny object is seen...

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Broodwing

-Madison is not the princess.

-We learn about the Runaway's Seal.

-The FedBots are named to Slayers. 

-Broodwing is the "trusty partner" Ramos mentioned in episode 1, who sells him the robots.

Fun Fact: There is a such thing as a batfish. The more you know.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3

I thought this episode is interesting, having Ramos mistaking of Madison  being princess is waste of king's time, he would've research more often :P

Anyways,I'm still pondering on who's truly the real princess. Something tells one of Madison's friends could be princess based from the painting from end of previous episode. But yeah, decent episode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

As the heroes kept having fun at the school fair into the night, the girls are seen laughing. A batfish wearing black capes, a glass tube over its head, and a fancy red tie, is seen hanging upside-down from a tree branch, watching them.

Love that imagery. I liked how this episode explained how King Ramos was getting his robots. I also wonder when the guardians will find out that Diggy is a traitor. 

• Like 1

Wanted to post my thoughts on this latest episode. 

I think this one was very well done. The events/action flowed smoothly and I liked the twist with Madison not being the princess. I definitely can't wait to find out who is, and also if that Seal will come back into importance. Also, I liked the bits with Madison/the dumb guards. I thought the way she escaped was cute :P .

• Like 1

9. Thief

Ramos is seen on his throne pondering.

"What to do, what to do. We've hit a roadblock, but like many roadblocks, I will break through it...eventually," Ramos said, and as he was about to think of something, Van Gordon and Doyle entered the throne room.

"Hey boss, can we get a raise?" Doyle asked.

"No! Especially not when you interrupt me during my thoughts! I'm forced to work with you two anyways, since you're all I could afford!" Ramos replied.

"How can we make selves useful?" Van Gordon asked.

"Yeah, I'm getting bored of having my tail-fin handed to those kids!" Doyle said.

"Tell you what, you can make yourselves useful by getting out of mah throne room within the next ten seconds or you'll face the fury of my thunder and lightning! I may find a use for you, but not right now!" Ramos snapped.

"Jeez, fine. Well, see ya later then, mate," Doyle said, shrugging, as the two walked away.

"That guy can be jerk," Van Gordon said, whispering to him.

"Yeah, but we gotta put up with him, he is the bloomin' king after all," Doyle replied, as they kept walking.

"I wish we could do something more, since robot man even got to do big plan," Van Gordon said.

"Hmm...it's cheating, but maybe I need to seek my campaign manager's advice again..." Ramos said, as he is seen going into the strange hallway (from episode 4), and enters the two large doors, as they close behind.

The girls and Jake are then seen heading to the high school, when outside in the courtyard, an attractive female student was there, surrounded by a crowd of boys.

"Who is that?" Cynthia asked.

"I hear she's some new foreign student," Audrey said.

"Wow, and I think she has more boys checking her out than Cynthia ever has had in a day," Tori said, as Cynthia stared at her in jealousy.

"Wow, even those two fell for her," Madison said, as they approached to see boys such as even Trent and Johnny admiring her.

"Johnny is not obsessing over Tori? That's new," Audrey commented.

"I can't tell if this is good or bad," Tori replied, to see the attractive foreign girl, wearing a warm green coat, lots of red and black make-up and long brown hair. Many of the boys were cheering for her.

"What is her name?" Madison asked to Johnny.

"That's Thorn, and she's hot!" Johnny replied.

"Her name's Thorn? What kind of name is that!?" Cynthia asked.

"Actually, Thorn has been recorded to be a surname-" Johnny was rambling, when Cynthia interrupted him.

"Can it, point dexter. There's something fishy about her..." Cynthia said, feeling skeptic about Thorn.

"Thank you all, you are all too kind!" Thorn said to the boys in a strange accent, waving to the boys, as she kept walking.

"Show-off," Cynthia said snidely, as Trent walked up to them.

"Hey girls, have you seen that Thorn girl? She's pretty cool," Trent said, as Madison seemed annoyed now.

"Depends what your definition of cool is," Tori replied.

"Do you know where she even came from?" Madison asked.

"Nobody knows, she says she came here from a land faraway, I wonder where? She's pretty mysterious. Anyways, see ya guys later, maybe you could be friends with her," Trent suggested, walking off.

"Yeah, sure, because we need her to know our secrets," Madison replied, rolling her eyes.

"Eh, just ignore her, she's not causing us any harm, no need to be jealous," Jake replied.

"I'm not jealous, she just doesn't seem like anything special," Madison replied.

"I gotta agree here, and the way they all fall for her is almost like...like magic," Cynthia said, as they headed into school.

The girls are later seen at the Golden Seahorse, with Mai and Audrey's parents taking orders from many customers.

"If I have to go one more class with everyone praising that Thorn girl's accent, I think I'll lose my mind," Tori said.

"Yeah....is this National Thorn Day?" Audrey asked.

"I think Madison and Cynthia are just jealous boys aren't looking at them," Jake said.

"No, it's not, something is off about that girl. She's too perfect..." Cynthia said.

"Yeah, I'm on her side for this one," Madison said, when a news report came on the restaurant's tv screen.

"BREAKING NEWS: A robbery has occurred at the Posidonia Fields National Bank! There is currently no suspect in sight, but police are on the case," the news reporter said, as the footage showed the scene.

"Oh man, my dad is probably going to be busy with this," Tori said.

"Well, I hope they can solve that, because we have something urgent," Jake said, looking at his knight communicator to see an alert from Ranen. 

The five got up and ran off, when Audrey's dad walked over to clean up their food.

"What, no tip?!" he asked angrily.

The gang was seen at Ranen's dojo, as were the other boys.

"What's the issue?" Audrey asked.

"I have a bit of a problem. Lately, a Karmanian beast has been stealing weapons from rebels, and we've had no luck tracking them down. However, we have strong proof to believe that the beast is somewhere in Posidonia Fields, and that Ramos let them in here to hide from us. We believe they may be robbing places here now," Ranen explained.

"Uh....would places happen to be the Posidonia Fields National Bank? Because that was just robbed," Tori asked.

"Sounds like we have our first scene to investigate," Cameron said.

Nick was seen doing a headstand, "meditating", as the others ran off, but Audrey quickly looked behind at him.

"What's he doing?" Audrey asked.

"Some weird Nick thing, let's go Nick!" Jake ordered.

"It's not a "weird Nick thing", I was focusing!" Nick said, as he got up and followed them.

The eight are seen at the crime scene, as Hank and several other cops were looking at a large, unusual damaged hole in the left wall.

"I tell you what, out of all my years of investigating robberies, I've never a robbery like this one..." Hank said, scratching his head, and writing notes.

"Hey dad," Tori said.

"Tori, what are you and your friends doing here? I told you to never bug me during crimes!" Hank said.

"Sorry, we were just curious to see what happened," Tori replied.

"Well, the truth is, I don't know what happened here. It's like the robber used some real high-tech weapon to slice through this thing," Hank said, confused, as he walked away to talk to the other officers. The officer was interviewing a bank teller.

"Did you see anybody?" the officer asked.

"Nope, just heard a strange noise, and next thing I know, the money was gone in this vault," the teller replied.

Nick then looked at the damaged hole, and looked at the unusual marks.

"Hmm...I'm gonna need a sample," Nick said, as he pulled off his glove and waved his fin through the air, analyzing the scene (like back in Episode 1). 

"What did he just do?" Madison asked.

"Nick has a special ability of reading people's auras, it's a natural gift of his," Cameron replied.

"Hmm..." Nick said, as he picked off a piece of the broken stone wall, and looked at it with a magnifying glass. He also noticed there was a damp liquid around the broken pieces. "Hmm..."

"HMM, HMM, HMM, what's so "hmm" about this?!" Cynthia asked.

"I was looking at the evidence, and in my expert opinion...yup, this was definitely a robbery," Nick said.

"...Uh, thanks Captain Obvious?" Tori replied.

"But it's no ordinary robbery. This rock...it looks infected...hmm...I'll need to keep this for evidence," Nick said, putting the rock in a plastic zip-bag.

"When was Nick an expert? Shouldn't Zero do this?" Madison asked.

"I mean, I could-" Zero was saying.

"NO, DON'T! I can handle this, trust me doc. I think I might be onto something..." Nick said, pondering.

"If you insist, go ahead," Zero said.

"Is this really a good idea?" Jake asked to Zero.

"Nick has been wanting to solve a crime for a while now, so I decided to be nice and let him complete his dream. Besides, I've worked with him, and he is efficient, albeit a bit daft. He just has some...unorthodox methods, but I believe he can solve this, and truth be told, I don't know if there's much else I could get out of this either. All I can tell is that this Karmanian beast definitely can cut through strong walls, but I don't know which," Zero replied.

Thorn then appeared out front the bank, talking to officers, as the girls noticed.

"Ugh, just who we need," Cynthia said.

"You know anything, girl?" an officer asked.

"Why yes! I saw a very creepy figure headed to the bank earlier, he was wearing a fancy ol' cowboy hat, and a brown vest, I think that's your guy," Thorn said, reporting it.

"Hmm...I'll consider this, thank you," Hank said, writing the notes down.

Nick then looked at Thorn oddly.

"Hmm..." Nick said, pondering, as she walked away.

From the other side of the bank, a strange figure wearing the description Thorn provided is seen hiding, wearing goggles, and had a steel blade on each arm.

"No sign of target..." the figure said to himself.

At the rebel camp from the previous episode, the Karmanian rebels are seen walking around.

"I hope the guardians can find that robber, we lost so many weapons due to them," a rebel said.

"What does this beast even look like?" another asked.

"I keep hearing strange descriptions, but the only consistent detail I can gather is they have a sharp weapon to break into our storage vaults. If the guardians cannot find them though, do not worry, as we put another on the case," the rebel replied.

Back in Posidonia Fields, the boys and girls are the Golden Seahorse.

"Any conclusions, detective Nick?" Tori asked.

"Not yet. This case is a tough one...but something has been bugging me about it," Nick said, thinking about Thorn.

"I'm sure you'll...figure it out," Cynthia said hesitantly, giving him a thumbs up.

"We just need to wait for another robbery and be ready-" Cameron was saying.

Suddenly, another news report came on.

"BREAKING NEWS: The Eastern Posidonia Fields Bank is in the process of a robbery!" the news reporter reported.

"There's your story, we'll be back grandma!" Audrey said, as the eight got up and ran off at once.

"Good luck. I keep my money in that bank!" Mai said sternly as soon as they left.

The gang was seen outside the Eastern Posidonia Fields Bank, not too far away from the Golden Seahorse. Cops were there again, investigating the scene, along with Hank.

"Twice in a day? This is getting ridiculous, and wasting a lot of time..." Hank said, frustrated.

"Hey dad, our...friend here is an expert, and would like to analyze the crime scene? Can he?" Tori asked.

"You know what, go ahead, since I can't figure out who is doing this for the life of me!" Hank replied, as the cops were interviewing the bank tellers.

Nick then looked at the damage, with the same marks and liquid, and compared a broken rock to the one he found earlier.

"Yup, same rock, same thief." Nick said.

"I'm just wondering what Karmanian beast is strong enough to do this..." Madison wondered, when Thorn appeared again, wearing diva sunglasses, walking up to them.

"Oh hello there...what are you doing?" Thorn asked.

"We're just checking out the crime, wondering who could've done this, nothing you need to worry about," Cynthia replied snidely.

Nick then looked at Thorn again, as he felt something was off. He then walked up to her.

"Hi there, name's Nick, Nick Carson. I saw you earlier at the previous crime. Who are you?" Nick asked.

"I'm Thorn, a new foreign student. I was just here to see what happened," Thorn replied.

Nick then began circling around her, looking at her oddly. He then began sniffing her long hair.

"Umm...." Thorn was saying, while the girls just laughed a bit.

"Uh Nick, it's rude to sniff other people's hair," Jake said, pulling him away.

"Sorry, I was just curious what that scent was in your hair, madame," Nick said to Thorn.

"Oh, it's just...a special perfume, never mind it. HEY, who is that?!" Thorn asked, as she pointed to the shady person from earlier, who was kneeling, touching dirt on the ground.

"They went this way..." the person whispered, as everyone was looking at him, when the heroes noticed the blades on his arms.

"I think he's the bank robber! I saw him earlier at the previous crime!" Thorn said, as she slowly ran away.

"What?" the person asked, as the heroes approached him.

"You've been a slippery one, but the jig is up, we know you're the Karmanian thief!" Jake said.

"Yeah, it has to be! He has blades to cut through the walls!" Audrey said.

"And what's with his lame cowboy get-up?" Cynthia asked.

"How am I supposed to tell my dad a monster from another dimension is the thief?" Tori asked.

"We don't," Madison said.

"There's a misunderstanding here, my name is Steele, and I'm not the robber!" Steele replied.

"Well then, who else is strong enough to break through that wall?" Cameron asked.

"You kids know nothing, stay out of my way!" Steele yelled, as the gang was about to power up in their forms, but there were people around, so they hesitated.

Steele then ran the other way, as the gang gave chase.

"Ugh, we can't risk transforming and having people see us," Madison said, as they slowed down and Steele got away, running off into the city.

"Yeah, it's too risky. We'll have to wait for a better time to corner him," Cameron said.

"I don't know guys...I don't think he's the bank robber," Nick said, as they were confused.

"Are you sure? He seemed to fit the portfolio," Zero asked.

"Yeah, I'm with the doc on this one, sorry Nick. I don't know who else it could be, that Steele guy is the only one who fits the portfolio," Jake said.

"Plus, I've never seen him before in Karmania, and he looks like a thief to me," Cameron said.

"Yeah, I'm taking their word for it, sorry Nick," Tori said.

"I think we should head back, since there's no way for us to catch up with him," Madison said.

"My grandma is also probably expecting me to help out," Audrey replied.

"If you guys say so, but I'm pretty confident it's not him. I'll have to figure this out..." Nick said, as he walked off.

Nick is seen walking off through a neighborhood with a few fish walking around on the nice day. He then sees Thorn walking along a sidewalk. She is seen approaching a house surrounded by lots of flowers along the path. Nick walks up to her, as Thorn seemed confused.

"Hello there ma'am. Nice day, isn't it?" Nick asked.

"Sure. What brings you here...what's your name again?" Thorn asked.

"I'm Nick Carson, the expert from back at the scene. I need to get a DNA sample from you for my investigations and research," Nick said.

"I'm good, but thank you," Thorn replied.

"Well, why can't you? It would be a simple test, because you just have to give me some DNA and stuff, so it's not really a test, at least not one you can fail, if you get my drift," Nick said, laughing a bit.

"Oh...there's no issue, I'll do it," Thorn replied hesitantly, as Nick pulled out a deflated balloon. 

"Blow into this," Nick said, handing it to her.

"I mean, if it's for your research..." Thorn said, as she blew into it, and Nick took it back.

"Thank you. You know, I'm actually pretty good at making balloon animals. Watch!" Nick said, as he began stretching the balloon, and did so for a while.

Thorn seemed annoyed and looking at her house while he was doing so, and Nick finished stretching it into a dolphin shape.

"Tada! It's a dolphin!" Nick said.

"That's...nice, you sure are a talented one," Thorn complimented awkwardly, as Nick walked up to see her house, and noticed the garden.

"Nice house you got here, mind if I go in?" Nick asked, as he walked up the path, and Thorn gasped.

"WAIT, DON'T!" Thorn yelled, as he stopped.

"Why not, is some giant man-eating octopus waiting for me at the door?" Nick asked.

"...No reason, it's...just my parents aren't home yet, I'd hate to have uninvited...company over," Thorn replied.

"My apologies. I have one final question...you say you just moved here? What magical faraway land do you hail from?" Nick asked

"Just a faraway country nobody has heard of," Thorn said, smiling weirdly.

"I see, that will be all. Take care and have a great day!" Nick said, as he waved goodbye, taking the balloon with him. Thorn just gave a bitter face, as he walked away.

She then walked up her pathway, when Broodwing came flying down from a tree in the shadows, startling Thorn.

"You scared me!" Thorn said without her accent.

"What did he want?" Broodwing asked.

"Balloons...stupid questions...this one's definitely not playing around, he's onto me. I thought you were going to get the guardians and tracker off my trail, isn't that what I'm paying you for?" Thorn asked rudely.

"Of course..." Broodwing replied.

Nick is then seen entering his home, where his grandmother is there, sitting on the recliner.

"Hello Nick, my favorite grandson," she said.

"Hey there grandma, I have an important task to do, so I'll be upstairs for research!" Nick said, heading up to his room.

"Have fun," his grandmother said.

Nick is then seen setting up lab equipment, as he puts the balloon he gathered over a device, taking the air out of it. He looked at the results in an intriguing way, and then dipped the two stone pieces he had into test tubes, as the liquid changed colors. In the process of his investigation montage, he watches an episode of Snail-tective for inspiration.

"Snail-tective, it looks like we've had a robbery," the cop said, as they looked into a broken vault with no money in it.

"Meow meow meow," Snail-tective replied, as the captions read "This was no ordinary robbery, officer."

"Wow, I can relate to that snail so much right now. Anyways, the results are in!" Nick said, excited to see them, as he looked over his results.

"AHA, I've figured it out! I'll come up with a conclusion as soon as I figure out what I just figured out!" Nick said.

Meanwhile, Steele is seen hiding in the Posidonia Fields forests, as he was looking at a lake in front of him.

"I've hit a roadblock, and now a bunch of kids think I'm the crook. Maybe she is disguised as one of them..." Steele said to himself

Broodwing is seen watching him from a tree branch above him.

"Take him off her trail, eh? I think I have just the formula to get them both off her trail..." Broodwing said, pulling a red potion out of his cape.

He then tossed it at Steele, which shattered on him, as the red liquid absorbed into his skin. He turned around to see who threw it, but Broodwing vanished.

"Ugh, what's happening to me?!" Steele asked, as he began glowing red. His blades grew sharper and he began feeling angry, as if he was losing control. 

The girls and boys were seen at the Golden Seahorse, when Madison felt the heart began to glow. She put it over the map, and noticed a portal appear next to the Ancient Seal one.

"Uh oh, looks like we've got a code portal," Madison said, as the gang headed off to the forest.

"Watch out, there's bound to be Federation troops around here," Cameron warned, as the seven wandered into the forest.

"Hey wait, where's Nick?" Audrey asked.

"Off in his strange world," Tori replied.

They then kept walking, as Steele was seen ramming into two troops, and slicing their guns in half, as he threw them aside near the recently opened portal.

"HELP ME!" Steele yelled, not in control of his actions.

Madison then pulled out the heart, as the four transformed into guardians, and the three boys got into their knight outfits. 

"Now listen here you beast, I say stop!" a troop ordered to Steele, but he picked him up and threw him across the forest, as the guard's scream echoed. "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"First you rob banks, now you attack...well, I wouldn't say innocent, soldiers!" Madison said, as the seven appeared in front of him.

"The guardians?! They are the girls?! Help me, I can't control myself!" Steele yelled, as he swung at them, and cut through a tree.

"Likely story!" Cynthia said, making the ground rise as she tried to wrap it around him, but he broke through it with his blades.

"Gah, I'm not the thief!" Steele tried yelling, but Tori made water waves swarm around him, as she trapped him, but he broke out of it.

Cameron and Zero tired fighting him, but he bashed both aside, as Jake tried punching him multiple times, but he was very strong. He then swung his blades at him, but he dodged, clashing his sword, as Steele kicked him into a tree, while he charged at him, but Jake quickly moved and Steele cut through the tree.

"I'm sorry!" Steele yelled, as Cameron and Zero tried to restrain him, but the spell made him throw both off of him and to the ground.

Madison then made the heart blast a pink beam at him, as Audrey sent him flying into a tree with a wind, while Cynthia smashed a rock around him, trapping him. He was no longer out of control due to the heart blast.

"You cured me! Listen guardians, I've been set up!" Steele was trying to say.

"Save it for the slammer, pal. You've being charged on counts of the following: theft of rebel weapons, theft of banks in Posidonia Fields, and a vicious rampage. Judgment!" Jake said, as he pulled out the circle scanner and it began judging Steele.

However, instead of guilty, the device marked him as "Innocent".

"Wait...WHAT?!" Madison yelled, confused, as was everyone else.

"It's never wrong. Is Nick actually right?!" Zero asked.

"That's right, I was, surprisingly!" Nick's voice said, as he appeared in his green outfit.

"How did you find us?" Cameron asked.

"I asked Mai, and I also followed the trial of unconscious dudes, heh," Nick said, as a flashback showed him looking at the troops Steele beat up. "But anyways, yes, Steele is NOT the robber!"

"Then who is?" Cynthia asked, when Thorn walked into the clearing, causing everyone (except Nick) much confusion.

"Stop! I'm telling you, he's the robber!" Thorn said.

"HER?! Why is she here?" Cynthia asked.

"And now she sees us in our forms..." Tori said.

"The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime....well, not this scene, but this is close to the scene, you get the point! You may be clever, or cleverer, or most clever, or is it cleverest? Anyways, I figured it out! SHE is the bank robber!" Nick yelled, pointing to her.

"That's what I've been trying to say! It's her!" Steele yelled.

"No no no, this is a misunderstanding, it's HIM!" Thorn yelled, without her accent. "Oops."

"Hey...your accent is gone..." Madison said suspiciously.

"Nick, are you sure about this?" Zero asked. 

"I don't know, how would she know to come to this location?" Jake asked.

"I know it, and she knows, it too. I'm sure enough to do THIS!" Nick yelled, as he picked up some of the sliced tree from Steele's rampage.

"Nick, what are you doing?!" Cameron asked.

He then threw it at Thorn, when she transformed into a green and purple Karmanian beast, and used her arm to spray a sharp acid blast through it with cutting it in half. Everyone was shocked to see this, as she looked at her arms.

"Oh dear..." Thorn said.

"That's no foreign school girl, that's a Karmanian beast, who is an Iverian. Her species uses a very high-pressure acidic blast which explains the mysterious liquid left behind at the scene of the crime, and she tried making us think it was Steele due to his sharp blades. The next piece of evidence was that I found out her breath was Karmanian breath, or something like that. But the biggest piece of evidence was that I figured out her house wasn't even sold to anybody, and I bet that's where she's been hiding the stolen money, which is why she didn't let me go into it! I got you!" Nick said.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you! I was an undercover tracker sent by the rebels to find her! I was then infected with a potion, which is why I had no control!" Steele revealed.

"...Oh, well, we screwed up big time here," Madison said, feeling guilt, as did everyone else.

"Yeah...we definitely jumped the gun a bit. This is why I'm not going to be a cop," Tori said.

"...Huh, so Nick did figure something out before me. I'm impressed, and also confused," Zero said.

"I think we all are," Jake said.

"Fine, you got me. I disguised myself as one of you lowly brats to cover my identity. It doesn't matter though, as I will destroy you all!" Thorn said.

"Ha, I knew something was off about her, especially her hair!" Cynthia said.

"Not unless I say anything about it, since you messed with my friends," Nick said, pulling out his sword.

"So much for Broodwing getting you all off my trail, but no matter, I'll just finish you right here!" Thorn yelled.

"Wait, who is Broodwing-" Audrey asked, when Thorn released deadly acid blasts at them, as the guardians quickly flew and avoided them, as the knights also ran. They burnt through the trees, and they all fell over. Audrey blew a gust of wind at her, but she sprayed more acid, as Audrey quickly dodged.

Nick then clashed his sword with Thorn, as she tried throwing poison darts at his armor, but they had no efect.

"Looks like you forgot I came with protection, your poison can't get through this hard armor! Or maybe you didn't forget and you're just being really stupid. You think you are clever, but I'm always a step ahead of you!" Nick boasted.

"Do you EVER SHUT UP?!!?!" Thorn yelled, shooting another beam of acid, and as Nick dodged, it broke through Steele's rock prison, freeing him.

"Nope, but that's the Nick we love," Cameron said, as he jumped up and kicked Thorn, as it sent her smashing into a tree, while Tori threw a circle of water around her, trapping her in the circle, as it restrained her to the tree.

"Cynthia, do your thing!" Tori said.

"I've been waiting for this," Cynthia said, as she picked up another rock, and threw it at Thorn, as it wrapped around her like Steele's prison.

"Ugh, let me out!" Thorn yelled.

"You will be let out, in cuffs! I'll take it from here. You are being charged with theft, deceit, impersonation, and larceny!" Nick said, pulling out his scanner.

"Nick, theft and larceny are the same thing," Zero said.

"Exactly! Now then...judgment!" Nick said, as the scanner looked at Thorn, and judged her as "Guilty", as the containment unit came out of the device.

"NOO!" Thorn yelled.

Madison then used the heart blast on it, as it sent the blast flying at Thorn, trapping her in the containment, leaving her stunned for good, as she tried to use her acid blasts, but to no avail.

"Ugh...beaten by a bunch of kids, and especially a loudmouth who can't keep his thoughts to himself. I'll give him this though, that green guy is smarter than he looks," Thorn said.

"Thanks!...I think?" Nick replied.

"Thank you guardians, I'll take her from here," Steele said, grabbing her.

"Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess we jumped to conclusions. We should've listened to you," Madison said.

"No worries, I should've been to the point. You're going away for a long time," Steele said, as he went through the portal with Thorn. 

Madison then used the heart to close it.

"I just wonder how we'll tell the school she's gone, those boys will be so heartbroken," Audrey said.

"Eh, I'm sure they'll forget about her in a week." Tori replied.

"Good, and that way they'll move on to me again," Cynthia bragged.

"Oh right, didn't you say she had all the stolen money at her fake house, Nick? Looks like we can make a call to Tori's dad," Madison suggested.

"Nick, despite your strange methods, you really helped us out today," Cameron said to Nick.

"It was no problem, I just figured that your first suspect is probably not always the perp," Nick said.

"You definitely proved me wrong Nick, you were able to solve a case without my help. I'm impressed," Zero said, as Nick felt honored to hear that.

"In a shocking development, the police received an anonymous tip about where the stash of stolen money has been. We may never know who the perp is, but since the robberies have died down, we may not need to worry anymore," the news reporter said, as the girls and boys saw it on the restaurant's television. Ranen then entered the restaurant.

"I see news travels fast," Mai said.

"I heard. I'm glad you were all able to solve the case," Ranen said.

"Well, not us, it was mostly Nick." Madison said, as Nick was seen doing another headstand, meditating.

"I am impressed, Carson...and what are you doing?" Ranen asked.

"Meditating, and thanks sir!" Nick said.

"Nick, I don't understand half the things you say, but you helped us out a lot today with your strange methods," Jake complimented.

"Thanks, not even I understand half my strange methods!" Nick said, getting back up.

"There's something bugging me though. She mentioned someone called Broodwing, who is that?" Audrey asked.

"Broodwing...I've heard this name. He is a dangerous black market salesman in Posidonia, selling illegal weapons, but he does not just operate here. He also operates in Karmania, selling weapons, robots and potions to any Karmanian who can afford them. He cares little on the destruction and chaos that follows, and just on the money he makes," Ranen explained.

"I just had a bad thought...What if he joins Ramos?" Cameron asked.

"My guess? He already has, knowing the robots you have faced." Ranen said.

Ramos is then seen walking around Broodwing, who is in the middle of his throne room.

"Broodwing...that was not exactly a very clever plan you had back there, Broodwing. You need to be careful. If the guardians find out I work with you, it could jeopardize my entire plan. I cannot have beasts going around here robbing places all willy nilly." Ramos said.

"My apologies, sire. I'm just trying to make a living," Broodwing replied.

"The highest bidder gets your devotion, and I know I am your most loyal customer. How can I make it so these mistakes won't happen again?" Ramos asked.

"You could always just pay me more," Broodwing replied.

"BAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ramos and Broodwing both laughed, echoing through the castle, when Van Gordon and Doyle entered in.

"Are we interrupting something?" Doyle asked.

"No, but you are just in time. I believe I do have a use for you two after all..." Ramos said.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Thorn, Steele, Audrey's parents, and Nick's grandmother

-Area Debuts: Posidonia Fields National Bank and Eastern Posidonia Fields Bank

-First time the judgment scanner has "Innocent" as an outcome.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3

Great episode. It was a nice breather, plus I really liked the focus that Nick got. I was impressed with how well he handled the case on his own, for the most part. 

• Like 1

10. Friend

Van Gordon and Doyle are seen outside a store being set up, with the name "VG & D Treasures" as its sign. Ramos was there with a construction crew.

"Come on men, let's pick up the pace!" Ramos barked to the workers.

"So, why are we doing this again?" Doyle asked.

"I found a way to put you in my plan. I want you to go undercover in the city, and run this treasure store." Ramos ordered.

"...That it?! This is the insult!" Van Gordon snapped back.

"You two are the most unsuspecting ones I can use! You need to pose as two normal businessmen, running this store where you can sell any of your nonsensical treasures, but I need you to use it as a cover, to keep out for any teenage girls," Ramos explained, as Van Gordon and Doyle had concerned looks on their faces.

"...I do not like where this is going, mate," Doyle said.

"What?! No, I mean I need you to look out for the princess using this store," Ramos explained again.

"How do we even know who the princess will be!? Crikey, do you know how many bloomin' girls there are in this city?" Doyle asked.

"I thought by giving us the use, you meant us doing some action!" Van Gordon said, smashing his fists together.

"Well, this is all I could do, so shut up and put your junk in the store! That is an order from your king! When the time comes, you'll know who she is, trust me..." Ramos said strangely, as he walked off.

"I always did want to own a store, but not for some twisted plot!" Doyle said.

"Let just do work, you put your stuff on left side, I keep mine on right!" Van Gordon ordered.

"Who put you in charge of the store?" Doyle asked.

"My items should be on right side because they better looking, and more welcoming to the customer," Van Gordon replied.

"Whatever, I just hate how we have to do that gallah's grunt work." Doyle said.

"But he is king, you fool, we must obey!" Van Gordon said.

"Perhaps we need to reconsider our alignment to him, it's not like that fool even wanted our presence..." Doyle said.

The guardians and knights are seen at Ranen's dojo, as he has an announcement for them.

"I will be taking a trip to Central Karmania, to attend to a meeting at the rebels' main base of operations there. In the meantime, Jake is in charge of this building until I return, so the knights will answer to him. Don't let any suspicious people into the building, but you should know that anyways," Ranen ordered, as Jake saluted.

"Yes sir, I won't let you down!" Jake replied.

"How are you even going to get to Karmania without being caught by the soldiers? Can you do it on your own?" Tori asked.

"Ha, we've snuck in there plenty of times for training, this will be no different. I'll be fine." Ranen replied.

"Where is your big super secret base?" Madison asked.

"Should we tell them, sir?" Cameron asked to Ranen.

"They are a part of our resistance, so it does not hurt. Our main operation base is hidden below, in the Underground City. It is an ancient area, where we moved to last year, since the Federation kept finding our past main ones. The Federation does not know of this city's location however, and I would like to keep it that way," Ranen said.

"Underground City? Gross, how can you stay under dirt?" Cynthia asked.

"It's actually not as dirty as you'd think, which I know is like a contradiction since it's underground all those disgusting worms and junk," Nick replied.

"To condense Nick's answer, the Underground City is actually very beautifully designed, one of the remaining structures from ancient Karmania," Zero explained.

"Can we see what it looks like one day?" Audrey asked.

"Maybe one day, but for now, I cannot compromise its location. Now then, have fun, and don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone, I'll be back in 12 hours," Ranen said, grabbing a suitcase and walked out the door, as they said their farewells.

"So, I'm in charge now. That's cool," Jake said, feeling honored.

"Hey now, don't forget who is also the heart keeper," Madison reminded snidely.

"I meant in charge of this building," Jake replied snidely back.

"You two have fun with that, but it's getting late," Tori pointed out.

"I just wonder how I'll explain where you are to my parents..." Madison wondered.

"Just say I have to stay overnight at practice for important things," Jake replied.

"That works." Madison replied.

Jake stayed behind with Nick, Cameron and Zero, as the girls headed off. Madison arrived home.

"Where's Jake?" Susan asked.

"He'll be staying at the dojo overnight, some big stuff going on there," Madison lied.

"Oh okay then, I hope he is back soon!" Henry replied, as Madison went up to bed, while Susan seemed suspicious.

"What could Jake be doing that requires him to stay this late?" Susan wondered to herself.

Later that night, a flashing white object is seen smashing into a Central Karmania valley from the sky...

"Everyone, look at this! We have an emergency. An unidentified object has crashed at Central Karmania!" Zero said, looking at the dojo's scanner of the crash on a Central Karmania map.

"What is it?!" Cameron asked.

"I don't know, but should I contact the girls? This could be a threat," Zero said.

"I guess, but they probably won't be happy to wake up," Jake said, as he texted Madison.

Madison is seen sleeping her pajamas, when her cell phone begins vibrating. She ignores it and turns over, as it vibrates again. She wakes up angrily and picks it up, reading Jake's texts.

"get your friends, we got a problem," Jake's text said, as she read it

"Really, at this hour? Ugh..." Madison said angrily, texting the others.

Cynthia, Audrey and Tori are all seen getting Madison's texts, as they are sleeping.

"No, just a few more hours, mom..." Tori muttered in her sleep.

Eventually, all three got up angrily, as Madison kept texting them.

"There went my beauty sleep..." Cynthia mumbled angrily, as all three met up with Madison, Jake and the others at the dojo.

"This better be important for us to wake up at 2 am..." Audrey said, yawning.

"Couldn't this wait until morning?" Cynthia asked, feeling irritated.

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood for fighting some weird thing at this hour..." Tori said.

"You guys really need some coffee or something to keep yourself awake. Coffee is what I use to keep my brain awake at this hour!" Nick said, winking, as he took a sip from a cup of coffee.

"I'm sorry to ruin your sleep cycles, but a mysterious object crashed into Karmania, and I have no idea what is inside, but if it is deadly, we need would you need your immediate help," Zero explained.

"And as temporary leader, I order we go now. But uh...are you guys going to go wearing those?" Jake asked, referring to their pajamas and night gowns.

"Yeah, I don't mind showing this off," Cynthia said, in her green night gown.

"Well, we might transform anyways, and I don't feel like walking back," Madison said.

"Let's get a move on, my parents will freak if they find out I snuck out!" Audrey said.

Madison felt the heart glow, as a new portal appeared on the map. The eight made their way to it, as they found a glowing portal in an alley near the dojo.

"I better be impressed by whatever this is..." Tori said, as they walked in.

They arrived out the other side, to see a strange metal craft crashed into the valley, with lots of steam coming out.

"I'm impressed....and confused..." Tori said, not believing it.

"Is that a UFO?!" Audrey asked.

"No, it looks like Federation tech..." Cameron said, feeling uneasy about it.

The gang powered into their forms, as they approached near the crashed ship. Out of the ship, a door opened up, and a figure came walking out of it in the smoke.

"Who is that?" Madison asked.

The figure kept walking, to reveal they had a gray uniform and silver helmet with a blue visor on. They raised their hands in the air.

"I come in peace, stand down," the figure said, stopping a few steps away from the knights and guardians.

"That voice..." Cameron said, recognizing it.

Cameron then powered down, as the figure recognized Cameron.

"Cam?" the figure asked, as they took off their helmet to show a Karmanian with odd dots on his head.

"Drew, it is you!" Cameron said, as both ran up, as they shook their hands.

They pulled down their sleeves to reveal they had matching metal bracelets on their wrists, as they clashed them together.

"So it is you. I see you got a promotion, old friend," Drew said.

"Who is this?" Audrey asked.

"Everyone, stand down. This is Drew, an old friend of mine. He is a rebel," Cameron explained.

"Oh yeah, Drew, good old Drew! Good to have you back, because you've been gone for like over a year now, if I am adding right..." Nick said, thinking.

"I see Nick is still the same," Drew said.

"So uh hi, we're the new guardians," Tori greeted.

"Hello. The new generation of guardians and knights aren't what I expected..." Drew said, looking at all eight.

"Is that good or bad?" Cynthia whispered to Madison.

"Where did you get this Federation ship from?" Zero asked.

"Stolen, the Neptunula Academy had a lot of them," Drew replied. 

"What where you doing for the past year?" Cameron asked.

"In due time, I'll explain. It's quite a story," Drew replied, smirking. 

"I never met you, Cadet Drew, I'm Jake Landers, the current red knight. We're glad to have you back." Jake introduced to him.

"We can bring you into Ranen's base if you want to rest," Cameron offered.

"Sure, I am looking forward to knowing you all..." Drew said.

"What do you want us to do with your ship?" Jake asked.

"Leave it, I don't need it anymore. It won't do the Federation any good," Drew replied.

The nine went out the portal, as Madison closed it. They then headed to Ranen's dojo.

"Looks the same as I remembered it," Drew said.

"So Drew, what crazy shenanigans did you get into over the past year?" Cameron asked.

"I was actually tracking a Karmanian criminal, a Santu. It was my first assignment at the Neptunula Academy. I chased him all around Karmania, but had no luck finding him. My ship ran out of fuel and then crashed in Central Karmania," Drew explained.

"What was the name of the criminal you chased?" Jake asked.

"That's not important. I'm just glad to be back. I trust this new generation is doing well against the Federation." Drew said.

"I guess you could say that," Madison replied.

"So why are you so chummy with Cameron?" Cynthia asked.

"Haha, Cameron and I were best friends at rebel training. We first met when Ranen recruited us, even if we're from different dimensions, we had matching personalities," Drew explained.

"Yeah, and we got these to show that," Cameron said, showing his bracelet, as did Drew.

"Why did you get sent away?" Audrey asked.

"The rebel soldiers felt I was so experienced, that I should go out to help the Neptunula Academy, located faraway in Western Karmania, which was thankfully safe form Federation evil. It was sad I had to leave people like Cameron behind, but hey, now I'm back," Drew replied happily.

"Well, isn't that heartwarming? Now that we know there wasn't a threat, can we go back to sleep now?" Cynthia asked.

"Go ahead, we can let Drew stay here, there is a vacant room," Jake said, as the girls waved farewell and headed off.

"Let's hope my mom doesn't find out I snuck out..." Madison said, as she walked off.

"Cam, I see you lost your laid back personality. I sure missed a lot over the past year," Drew said to Cameron.

"Well, when you become a knight, you have to put the foot down sometimes," Cameron replied to him.

"I see. How about we get some shooting practice in, for old time's sake?" Drew asked to him.

"Sure, I've got some time, but let's make it quick as I also need some beauty sleep," Cameron replied.

"I can join if you want," Jake asked.

"No, it's fine, Drew and I can handle it," Cameron replied.

"No, let him join, Cam. The more the merrier." Drew replied.

They went into a target room, as they were behind the shooting range. Cameron was up first, as he put on visor glasses, and got out a a small rebel handgun from Ranen's inventory. He pressed a button, as three posters of Karmanian beasts went flying in front of the wall from side to side. Cameron shot at them using all three bullets in the gun, as he got them each directly on the bullseye. 

"See, I still have my shooting guns," Cameron bragged to Drew.

"Let me try," Jake said, as Cameron gave him the visor and gun.

"Steady now, don't get too cocky," Drew said to Jake.

"...Thanks? I've done this before, you know," Jake replied.

The Karmanian beast posters went flying around the wall, as Jake shot at each of them using the three bullets again, getting them each directly on the bullseye like Cameron.

"Impressive. But a true shooting master doesn't need to use all three." Drew remarked.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"A true skilled shooter only needs one bullet," Drew said, as he took the visor and gun out of Jake's fins. Jake then snickered a bit.

"Only one bullet? If you insist, man..." Jake said, confused on what Drew was doing.

"Watch and learn." Drew said, as he hit the button.

"There's no way you can-" Jake was saying, when Drew shot all three posters, directly in front of each other at a certain point, and he got through each bullseye. Drew blew off steam from his gun, as he put it and the visor away. Cameron was impressed.

"See, only one needed." Drew said.

"Show-off," Jake muttered under his breath.

"I see you didn't lose your skills, same old Drew. Let's get you into bed, it's late," Cameron said, as he escorted Drew out of the room, while Jake seemed jealous.

They went down a hall, to see Zero and Cameron getting ready to go into their rooms.

"Don't you have homes?" Drew asked.

"Sometimes I like staying overnight when working on projects here, and it gets lonely at my apartment. I can't say the same for Nick though..." Zero replied.

"What Zero said, it gets lonely at my home with just my grandma, and I like being really really close to you guys..." Nick said, as Cameron and Zero felt awkward.

"Uhh...thanks, Nick," Cameron replied.

"That came out wrong. Anyways, here, you can use this room dude," Nick said, as he opened his room up for Drew.

"Nick, that's your room," Zero reminded.

"Yeah, but Drew is so cool he can get mine! PLEASE!" Nick begged to him, as Jake overheard this and rolled his eyes.

"Nick, it's fine. The one called Jake told me there was a vacant room," Drew replied, as Cameron showed it to him. He went in, as Cameron shut the door and went to his room.

Later that night, Jake is seen looking over rebel documents at Ranen's desk, and keeping his seat warm. Suddenly, a strange clawed shadow is seen emerging from behind him.

"WHOA!" Jake yelled, as Drew appeared in front of him. "You scared me, shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Sorry. I just wanted to know where Commander Ranen was, I thought he was just out temporarily," Drew replied.

"Commander Ranen went to a meeting at the new rebel base, he'll be back at 9 in the morning," Jake replied.

"Thank you. I'll let you get back to whatever you're doing then, and I'll be going back to bed." Drew replied, as he walked off.

"Wait, Drew," Jake said, as he got up.

"Yes?" Drew asked, stopping.

"Cameron said you were missing in action for the Neptunula Academy. Where were you?" Jake asked.

"I already told you, it's not much of a story really. I was chasing that Santu across Karmania," Drew replied.

"How does chasing a criminal take over a year?" Jake asked.

"Well, the Santu is a tricky species, they hide a lot. It's not as easy as you think." Drew replied.

"Did you ever see him?" Jake asked.

"The truth is...I don't really remember." Drew replied.

"A whole year and you can't remember?" Jake asked.

"I left this out of my story, but while chasing them...I crashed in another kingdom, but it was not damaged enough. However...I...had amnesia when they found me, but not a severe case. I forgot any progress I had on the Santu's trail as a result, and was going on a wild goose chase," Drew replied.

"I see. That will be all," Jake replied, about to go back.

"Wait. You mentioned a new main rebel base in Karmania. Where is it?" Drew asked.

"Why do you need to know?" Jake replied, when Cameron walked in, seen polishing the handgun from earlier with a towel.

"Hey guys...what's going on?" Cameron asked, seeing the two.

"Nothing, I was just asking him a few que-" Jake was saying when Drew interrupted.

"He was interrogating me." Drew replied, surprising Cameron.

"He was wandering around the dojo-wait, I don't have to answer to you. Cameron, take him back to his quarters," Jake ordered.

"I just wanted to know where the new operation base was," Drew said.

"Yeah, Drew is a part of the rebels. He has the right to know," Cameron replied.

"Drew WAS part of the rebels. He was missing in action for over a year and has to be reexamined. He will not be told the base's location until then." Jake commanded sternly.

"Yes sir..." Cameron replied annoyed, as he walked off with Drew.

"So what's up with that guy? How can you stand to be around him?" Drew asked to Cameron, walking down the hallway.

"I can't," Cameron replied, as he seemed uneasy about something else.

"Hey. What's up with you? I've known you long enough to know something is troubling you." Drew asked.

"I can't sleep. I ran a check on the Santu you were chasing, and our records report our main prison having one Santu there," Cameron replied.

"Did you ever think he may have escaped?" Drew asked.

"Well, that's the thing. I checked the logs, and he's still there. Something's not adding up here Drew, what's going on?" Cameron asked, feeling suspicious, and now giving him reason to not tell Drew the Underground City's whereabouts.

"I knew there was no way getting my arrival past you. You are still the best Cam, but think about it: I'm a rebel doing an assignment for Academy. I'm on a top secret mission." Drew said, pointing to his badge, as he walked into his room. "I've said too much. Good night, old friend."

The door closed, as Cameron walked off. From behind the closed door, Drew is seen standing in his empty room. He then laughs, as his body begins moving weirdly. He keeps breathing oddly, as he then transforms into a large black and blue Karmanian beast with a gun on its right arm. 

"BAHAHAHAHA!" Drew laughed in a menacing voice, in his true form.

The next day, the girls and knights (Drew was missing) stood in front of the dojo, as Ranen appeared, holding his suitcase, happy to see they were okay.

"Hello all, I trust Landers ran the place well?" Ranen asked.

"I kept your seat warm, so I guess so," Jake replied.

"Wait...where is Drew?" Audrey asked, when suddenly...

"THREAT DETECTED!" an alarm went off on the knights' devices.

"What?!" everyone yelled in disbelief, as the footage showed Drew (in his monster form) looking around the rooms for the Underground City location, and making a mess in the rooms.

"How is this possible?" Ranen asked.

"Sir, this is my fault. I let Cadet Drew back here," Cameron told Ranen to the side, without the others hearing.

"What? He returned? Cam, we will have a long talk about this," Ranen replied, albeit confused.

The knights and guardians powered up, as they powered up. They went inside the dojo to look for the beast, when they found it in Zero's room. Zero did a quick scan of the beast.

"Get out of there, dude!" Nick yelled.

"How did this thing even get in here?" Audrey asked.

"I'll assume Ramos let in through the Ancient Seal!" Zero theorized, as Drew blasts at them from his arm gun.

"WHOA, that thing is loaded!" Cynthia said surprised, as she threw rocks at him, but he smashed through them.

Audrey tried blowing at him, but it didn't affect him. Just as Tori launched a blast of water at him, he quickly avoided the piercing blast. Jake, Madison, Nick and Zero tried to fight him off, but he pushed them all back into the wall, and ran off. He saw Ranen outside the dojo talking to Cameron, as he quickly shot a blast right at Ranen's chest, as he fell to the ground. Drew quickly ran off to the side, and as Cameron saw him, he gave chase.

"Commander!" the others yelled, as they came outside to see him on the ground and helped him.

"Don't die on us!" Nick said, helping him get up, as did some other rebels.

"I'm-I'm fine Nick, I've survived much worse." Ranen reassured, coughing.

"Don't worry, my grandma can probably help." Audrey replied.

"Now where did that thing go?" Tori asked.

"And...Cameron?" Cynthia also asked, noticing he was missing.

Cameron chased Drew around the dojo, as they arrived at the back lot.

"Drew, stop!" Cameron yelled, as the beast stopped.

Drew then revealed his normal form back, smiling.

"What was that?" Cameron asked, as he powered down.

"My true Dragnanian body. It's beautiful, isn't it. Even best friends have secrets." Drew replied.

"Why Ranen?" Cameron asked angrily, as he had his handgun ready.

"Easy. The fortune and money. Grow up, Cam! You think being a rebel is everything," Drew replied.

"We both did!" Cameron replied back, as they were circling each other.

"I was just naive and young. Until I met Broodwing." Drew replied, smiling.

"Broodwing?" Cameron asked, confused.

"He showed me the way while I was at the Academy. All I have to do is take few orders like the rebels do." Drew replied.

"Drew, you're talking crazy. I can get you help-" Cameron was saying.

"I don't need help! I don't need you! I don't need anyone anymore!" Drew replied.

He then began walking away.

"STOP, Drew! Drew, stop, I have to bring you in. You're under arrest!" Cameron yelled, as Drew stopped and laughing.

"HAHAHAHA! You are SUCH A FOOL!" Drew yelled, as he quickly turned behind and shot a blast from his handgun at Cameron's, as it broke the friendship bracelet off his wrist in half, and he fell to the ground.

Cameron tried reaching for his blaster, despite having his fin injured, when Drew kicked it aside and bowed to him. He then picked up a broken bracelet piece.

"I'll let you off easy this time. Next time...only one of us will walk away," Drew said, as he tossed it aside, and walked away.

The guardians and knights find Cameron on the ground, as he got up.

"There he is!" Madison said, as they all powered down.

"Cameron, you can tell us what happened later. Let's regroup at Mai's, she might be able to help Ranen," Jake said, as Cameron went with them..

Drew is then seen walking through a subway station, when Broodwing appeared out of the shadows.

"You failed me!" Broodwing yelled angrily.

"I didn't. I took care of Ranen," Drew replied.

"Then why does he still live? Why don't you know where their base is? Do the CORRECT job you are paid for, or else!" Broodwing threatened, as he pushed Drew and walked off.

The heroes were seen at the Golden Seahorse, as Mai was giving Ranen tea. Cameron had a bandage around his blasted hand, and Ranen also had bandages.

"Oh dear, this is not good. What did you people face?" Mai asked.

"It was my friend, Drew. It turns out he is evil now, and tried to take out Ranen. It's my fault, I shouldn't have let him back," Cameron explained, as Jake seemed to feel bad.

"It's not your fault, I can't believe he was that ugly thing..." Cynthia said.

"He seemed so nice...WHY?!" Nick yelled, crying.

"It's nobody's fault, we all make mistakes. Cameron assumed Drew was still the same, but looks can be deceiving," Ranen said.

Madison then felt the heart glow, as a portal appeared on her map.

"It's underground, that must be the Posidonia Fields Subway," Tori pointed out.

"Looks like Drew has a way to escape, we better catch him before he terrorizes more people," Madison said.

Zero then looked at his scanners of Karmania.

"Looks like he already went into the portal, because I am detecting a signal of his species in this area..." Zero said, showing the map to Nick.

"Alright, looks like Drew, aka freaky blue monster thing, is somewhere in-between those cool rebel tent camps and an old abandoned building," Nick said, looking at the locations.

"Before we go, I'd like to speak to Jake. Alone." Cameron said, as everyone understood and went into another room.

"Look, Drew was my friend. I brought him here, and I'll take him in," Cameron volunteered.

"I don't know, as we are a team..." Jake said, and saw Cameron's face. "But you can have a five minute head-start, since we have to get ready and who knows how long it'll take for Cynthia to do her nails."

"Thank you," Cameron said, as he ran off.

Cameron is seen going into the subway, as he sees the portal in the shadows. Nobody else was around, as he took a breath and went in. He arrived near the rebel camp, seeing them in the distance, and he went right to an old abandoned building. He walked inside after getting through the rusty gates, and arrived at an empty room.

"Drew, come out. I know you're here," Cameron shouted, when the dark room lit up from a film projector, as it shined behind Cameron against the wall. Drew appeared out of the shadows beside it.

"Ever the rebel knight, I figured you would know I was where it all began, this original rebel training building," Drew said.

"My friends will be here in a few minutes. Turn yourself in, I can help you," Cameron offered.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have been so lenient last time." Drew said.

"Probably not." Cameron replied.

"You really think you can beat me?" Drew asked, as there was silence. 

Drew transformed into his beast body, as Cameron powered up into his blue knight form.

"Aaagh...hahaha. When the projector runs out of film, we do this." Drew said, as Cameron got his handgun ready.

"So be it then," Cameron said, as both were ready with their guns.

Drew laughed a bit, and the projector ran out of film. Both then immediately turned around, and a quick blast was heard. Both stood still, when Drew felt a pain, as he was smoking a bit and fell to the ground.

"Ugh...agh....Impossible. How could you beat me?" Drew asked.

"You don't make the same mistake a second time. I learned that from a good rebel a few years ago. It was you." Cameron said, as Drew kept groaning. "I'm a knight first, always."

"GAHH, YOU FOOL! ALL YOU HAVE IS PRIDE, WHAT GOOD IS THAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO FORTUNE, NO POWER! YOU HAVE NOTHING, NOTHING! BUT I HAVE MORE THAN THAT!" Drew yelled, as he pulled out a device and threw it to the ground, shooting sparks everywhere. The device explodes, as Cameron dodged the blast. The building began to crumble and fall apart, and Drew's bracelet fell off.

"Watch out!" Cynthia yelled, as she used her powers to hold together the building, as Drew escaped. The others appeared.

"Looks like we came at the worst possible time!" Tori said, using her powers to wash away the debris.

"Thanks, now let's get out of here!" Cameron said, as the eight left the crumbling building.

"Hope we're not too late for the fun," Jake said.

"Nope, just in time. There he is!" Cameron yelled, as Drew was running up a hill into the forests, as the guardians flew after.

Drew kept running, as Cynthia made a wall rise up from the ground in front of him. He blasted through it, but Tori blasted him back with a water blast.

"You idiots! You have no true power, all you have is magic!" Drew yelled, firing at them multiple times, but Audrey used her wind powers to blast the beams back, as he took cover.

"Yeah, but they also have pride," Cameron said, as he jumped down from a tree and punched Drew, and the other knights appeared, ganging up on him.

"I'll destroy you all!" Drew yelled, as he fired multiple blasts, but knights shielded themselves.

Tori threw more piercing water blasts at him, as one gave him a cut on his arm.

"Looks like someone is getting rusty," Tori said.

Jake was punching Drew, but he blocked it. Cameron tried attacking Drew from behind, but he swung at him, knocking him aside.

"Fool, did you really think that would work?!" Drew asked.

"No, but I got you into position." Cameron said, smiling, as Drew was confused.

Madison then did a heart blast right at Drew, and due to Audrey's heavy winds, it sent him flying back near Cynthia's wall, trying to get up. Due to Audrey's wind speed, Cameron did a jump kick at him, slicing at him with his sword. The combo move sent him smashing through Cynthia's wall, and he tumbled down a hill.

"Have a nice trip, see ya next fall!" Nick said, laughing.

Drew was lying on the grassy ground, as Cameron powered down and approached him, as did the others. Drew then glowed, as he turned back to his normal Karmanian body. He was breathing heavily, barely able to get up. Cameron then pulled out his judgment device, holding it in his bandaged fin, and approached Drew. 

"Old friend...You're under arrest." Cameron said sternly, as Drew accepted defeat. Light from the dark sky shined into their clearing, due to the sunset in the distance.

After the portal was closed, Cameron is then seen outside the Golden Seahorse, washing the building slowly with a toothbrush due to his broken fin. Jake and the girls were watching, and Jake approached him.

"This is your punishment?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, Ranen said Mai's place needed a cleaning. I suppose this punishment could've been a lot worse, he went easy on me," Cameron said, washing it, as Mai looked at the progress.

"Keep scrubbing, it needs to be cleaner! So clean I can see my full reflection!" Mai demanded, as the girls laughed and went back inside.

"I thought you may want this," Jake said, handing him the friendship bracelet Drew dropped, which Jake grabbed before it collapsed.

"Thanks, I guess a bracelet alone doesn't make me best friends with someone," Cameron said.

Jake then grabbed a sponge and began washing the building with him.

"What are you doing?" Cameron asked.

"Helping you, duh," Jake replied.

"You don't have to, but alright," Cameron replied.

"Missed a spot," Jake said, washing the window, as Cameron then laughed.

"What's so funny?" Jake asked, laughing as well.

"Nothing. Well...this toothbrush is actually Nick's, but don't tell him that," Cameron said, as they laughed.

At Ramos's palace, he is seen on his throne alone in the shadows, looking at someone's birth record.

"We have suffered a defeat today, but it is only a minor one. I gained a victory, because I know where to look now..." Ramos said, laughing, as he looked at Elana's birth record, which said "Unknown birth date"...

______

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Drew

-Area Debuts: Abandoned Building, Subway, and "VG & D Treasures"

-The Underground City is mentioned, which is the rebels' central base.

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

"Why Ranen?" Cameron asked angrily, as he had his handgun ready.

"Easy. The fortune and money. Grow up, Cam! You think being a rebel is everything," Cameron said.

Interesting conversation Cameron had with himself there. :P Great episode nonetheless.

• Like 1