• Advertisement

Season 9.1: Best Episode Tournament: Seance Shmeance vs. Kenny the Cat

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

It's now time for Match C of Round 1! Since Evil Spatula got burned badly (sorry Fred and Trophy, but at least we have two opinions of dissent this time), we'll move on early again. Eek, An Urchin! has moved on and will face SpongeBob, You're Fired in Match J for Round 2. From here on out I will wait at least 24 hours since I know people may be busy with school during the weekdays. Now, here's Match C...

ROUND 1

ur8T94b.png?1

VS.

8FIEgSU.jpg?1

Winner faces: Patrick-Man! in Round 2

Jjs' prediction:

Spoiler

Honestly, out of all the matches, I think this might be the one I have no clear idea who will win for Round 1. To be honest, I don't know who I vote for - this is the first match I am stumped on. I had to actually re-watch Seance Shmeance again because frankly...I didn't remember anything that happened in it, and I somewhat forgot its existence until recently. In fact, it may arguably be the most forgettable episode of the season so far (Not in a "Good episode", "Bad episode" kind of way, just a "Nothing of note" way). Kenny the Cat I recall had a very mixed/mediocre feedback when it premiered. I personally was not a fan of it back then, if you saw my scathing review. It even made my Bottom 25 lists for Clappy's Top 50 Worst Episodes list this year, although I probably didn't need to put it there. Now I have warmed up to a bit, but I'm still not a fan of the way it played out. The concept just didn't work for me, and I didn't like Sandy's characterization in it.

For who I think will move on, it's a tough one. I guess maybe Seance even though it's such an unremarkable episode to me, the mediocre reception to Kenny is sticking with me, unless the feedback to it has changed over the past year. I don't know for sure, so this should be an interesting match.

Hmm, Kenny the Cat was eh, even though having Biz Markie do a voice for the show was awesome. Seance Schmeance is kinda forgettable but Kenny the Cat has more issues like Sandy's characterizations, so yeah, SS gets my vote.

I actually enjoyed Kenny the Cat, imo it was one of the first of season 9 that really expanded on the plot compared to the past seasons but I think I have to say Seance Shmeance was more memorable overall, with the new characters and making a different use for the Krusty Krab. Plus, it was cool to see another new Halloween themed episode.

Hmm...

you know, I just can't help what to decide between these two.,SS was alright  and it kind of forgettable to me but it did looks spooky a bit.

As for Kenny the Cat, *sighs* where did this go wrong? i mean Sandy's being OOC. She didn't try to save this episode for SpongeBob and what did she do at the end? she sends Kenny away...that's terriable ending IMO. Not disappointed but rather mediocre ending.

so I have to chose between these two. then I just have to say SS gets my vote.

Séance Shméance, the choice was pretty easy here. While it's very forgettable there were some funny parts I liked in it, something that I think Kenny the Cat is lacking. For some reason I really like Patrick screaming when SpongeBob said that he can't eat the furniture