• Advertisement

Vampire Weekend

The Simpsons

I'm surprised there wasn't already a topic on Vampire Weekend yet.

But yeah, does anyone else listen to this band besides me and Katniss? I think they're a really great band. Their self-titled album and Contra are two of my favorites. I hope they release more albums in the future.

My favorite songs by them? Oxford Comma, Giving Up the Gun, obviously A-Punk, Kids Don't Stand a Chance, Run, and Unbelievers, just to name a few.

Yes I love them and their really unique sound. My favorite songs from them are Unbelievers, Diplomat's Son and Campus. 

Also Katniss and I like many of the same bands, so you can assume that whatever she listens to I most likely do too.:funny:

Edited by Cha

Saw them live at Warped Tour back in (I want to say 2012?) and have a few of their songs on my iPod.  Can't say I've listened to any of their newer stuff but their older stuff is pretty solid.

Contra has to be one of my favorite indie pop albums of recent times, so yeah, I'd say I like these guys, too. Still have to dig into their third album, though. Wonder if anything new is on the horizon with them.

9 hours ago, Lord Dominator said:

That makes two of us. I honestly didn't know this band existed until I saw the thread.

Tbh, I thought "Vampire Weekend" was gonna be about some sort of event surrounding vampires when I first saw this thread pop up. :laugh:

On 12/8/2015 at 10:40 PM, Santa Squidward said:

Eh, I listened to their self-titled record and didn't really like it at all. Maybe I should relisten but I'm not very impressed from what I've heard

They have some good songs outside of that album. Contra is a pretty great album. Not sure how I feel about Modern Vampires of the City though.

3 hours ago, Robot Santa said:

They have some good songs outside of that album. Contra is a pretty great album. Not sure how I feel about Modern Vampires of the City though.

I thought MVOTC was okay. There's songs on that album I like but not many I love like on Vampire Weekend and Contra.