• Advertisement

Shit (aka the Politics thread)

Ron

59 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

-While I am against abortion (unless you have a good, understandable and justifiable reason for doing so), there are a lot more things going on with Planned Parenthood than people realize. 

This belongs in another debate entirely, but you are not the one to decide what a "good, understandable and justifiable reason" for having an abortion performed is. Beyond that, though, what kind of talking point is this? "A lot more things"... what things? Show me. This isn't "next time on Big Brother".

(Incidentally, this point reminds me of the "many people are saying" talking points that Trump is so fond of.)

-Again, I am all for LGBT rights, and as much as people like to deny this, so is Trump. He wants to get rid of the bill simply because the federal government shouldn't have a say in this; the states should. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/22/trump-administration-working-on-new-transgender-bathroom-directive.html

And so Trump, the herald for LGBT rights, wants to actively take away protections that transgender people have received in recent years because it's up to the states to decide? Yeah, we'll see how well that goes for the LGBT community.

-The immigration ban is not targeting all Muslims: it is targeting the countries which are known to be United States enemies in the War on Terror. 

Image result for trump muslim ban map

The War on Terror is and has always been a load of garbage to further political and financial gain, and Trump's arguably the most explicit about it. Zero of the banned countries had anything to do with terrorist attacks in the States. Not to mention that any sort of ban of this nature is illegal in the first place. You can't just bar people from coming to your country because of their country of origin. Not that Mr. Businessman with zero political experience would know jack about that. SEEYA IN COURT

-As for the Meals on Wheels thing and it "not showing results"...I'm not sure about this. I'll look deeper into it, and tell you if I can find a solution.

How about stop defunding important policies and programs to build a stupid border wall

-Same with the above issue; as much as I'd like to protect my borders, why not divide half of what they're planning to spend on the wall with funding the NEA?

In addition to Meals on Wheels and the NEA, Trump's administration has also proposed defunding the Environmental Protection Agency and the god damned DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Why bother defunding all these things? Because as it turns out, when you're a classless ass-monkey with a face like a puked-up Brillo pad, you fail to charm the Mexican president with paying for a wall to keep his people out of your country. And so, shit needs to be cut out of the budget so that you can fund your three-quarter-life crisis and uphold your absurd promises.

• Like 5

it's worth remembering that trump didn't personally pick the countries that the travel ban barred entry from 

(which doesn't justify the travel ban but it's worth mentioning, still.) combatting islamic terrorism is important but shit like this only escalates the problem. 

18 minutes ago, Homie♥ said:

it's worth remembering that trump didn't personally pick the countries that the travel ban barred entry from 

(which doesn't justify the travel ban but it's worth mentioning, still.) combatting islamic terrorism is important but shit like this only escalates the problem. 

didn't most of the countries picked have little to no relation to terrorism in the US

I agree that terrorism is definitely a huge issue but the travel ban wasn't the way to go about it at all. The very faintest idea of it makes a lot of sense (vetting is shit here and needs time to be worked on so it's more streamlined) but like from the moment it was penned to the moment it went through it was terrible

24 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

didn't most of the countries picked have little to no relation to terrorism in the US

I agree that terrorism is definitely a huge issue but the travel ban wasn't the way to go about it at all. The very faintest idea of it makes a lot of sense (vetting is shit here and needs time to be worked on so it's more streamlined) but like from the moment it was penned to the moment it went through it was terrible

i think they're looking at terrorist in the US but also terrorism in other countries as well, which doesn't justify the ban to me but the "trump intentionally left out countries he does business with" argument still doesn't hold much weight considering he didn't pick them

You all bring up very good points. And, admittedly, I do understand Trump has his downsides (and I bring this up so I don't look like some right-wing sheep), but it's mainly not him I'm against...it's Mike Pence that I'm not a big fan of, due to him being a born-again Christian. Fundamentalists such as he are the kind of people that are just as bad as Muslim fundamentalists.

4 minutes ago, Homie♥ said:

i still think he only chose pence as a runningmate to lock down the evangelical christian vote, i don't think they see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues 

That's true. I remember you were afraid Pence would crack down on LGBT issues. That's unlikely to happen, since the US government is structured in such a way that it would be almost impossible to do. You never know, however...

On 3/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, Ichiro♥ said:

i still think he only chose pence as a runningmate to lock down the evangelical christian vote, i don't think they see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues 

I see it this way; Bill Clinton chose Al Gore to mirror him, both being Democrats from southern states. Donald Trump chose Mike Pence because they're both completely extreme right wing. I remember my Civics teacher told me this, and I don't know if I should take his word, but it sounds accurate; when Mike Pence left to become VPOTUS, a lot of Indiana's legislature crossed out a good amount of Pence's progress, or pushed for it to be revised/obsolete because it was all so extreme. Keep in mind, this is Indiana. A state that is conservative as hell. I don't think you're wrong though, at all. Definitely Pence's extreme christian beliefs had a lot to do with it. I just think it's more so the extremism; and yeah I doubt they really see eye to eye from most issues, mainly because Trump is just... well, Trump. Simply put. Batshit insane.

Where do we start with Trump's presidency? My god. I made a journal entry a while back on just how the face of conservative extremism was seen; 10 years ago everyone portrayed Bush as some sort of hellspawn, extremist, warmonger, etc....... While he was an awful president from a bad handling of the economy, Dick Cheney being a thing, rolling back of social programs such as abortion and LGBT, and of course, how he blew the biggest excess of money in US history left by Clinton all for the Iraq War. But jesus, Trump. It literally feels like inaguration day was 20 years ago. What else can I say? A reprehensible, deplorable (no pun intended), down right terrifying roll back of acts forced to help LGBT and trans kids, the travel ban which was meant to pin everything on one group and as DoodleDave pointed out to stroke his own ego and get even MORE money BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT'S WHAT TRUMP FUCKING NEEDS!!!!!

I...I'm sorry. It's just, I miss Obama. I miss the days when the White House was seen as a crowning jewel, a place where America thrived. A place known for royalty. We get Obama's kindness, care, and support for all groups of people and his dedication to this country, and then we get a cheeto faced psychopath who uses Twitter like a 13 year old to attack celebrities WHICH HE SHOULD BE DOING OTHER THINGS BECAUSE HE'S THE FUCKING LEADER OF THE UNITED STATES, and just being a national embarassment. If this guy gets another term (or Pence, or Ryan, or McConnell, or whoever the hell else is in the line of sucession) I swear to god. Also he just thinks being president means he gets to press a button and everything will be handed to him on a silver platter because of how goddamn delusional he is. I'm pretty sure 10 year olds know that's not how the government works.

Oh yeah? Cabinet picks? They're the icing on the cake for how awful everything is. Tillerson is just another way for Trump to support Putin. Do I need to go on about DeVos and Sessions? We all know why they're fucking awful and are going to fuck everything up. Frankly that's just the tip of the iceberg and I don't know too much about the others, but I'm scared to go into depth over those just to become more scared of the rest of Trump's time in office.

Just....... god. Rant over. Fuck Trump to hell and back. 2020 better be a goddamn landslide election. We need some Reagan/Mondale or Nixon/McGovern shit. Except the Republicans don't win in a landslide. Yes, I'm a Democrat.

EDIT: For the cabinet picks I can't believe I forgot about Scott Pruitt. A "opponent of the EPA" as THE HEAD OF THE EPA.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

I'm starting to think this dipshit is gonna be out of office by the end of this year. Depending on the pace of the Russia investigation and whether congressional Republicans grow backbones, I say he lasts no more than 2 years, at the most. 

9 hours ago, tvguy said:

I'm starting to think this dipshit is gonna be out of office by the end of this year. Depending on the pace of the Russia investigation and whether congressional Republicans grow backbones, I say he lasts no more than 2 years, at the most. 

I read that he's six votes away from impeachment so I believe that congressional Republicans are starting to grow tired of his antics.  Like I said in your blog post about 2020, I give it another year tops before Pence becomes our next president.

• Like 1