• Advertisement

Disney Cartoon, Pickle and Peanut

Dragonball Z

This is a REAL thing, a Cartoon made by Disney called Pickle and Peanut. Before you read on, I just want to state that this show is actually BETTER than what the promos make it out to be! Sure, the animation is a mixed bag and the humor is somewhat strange (especially for a Disney Cartoon!) But it DOES have Jon Heder in the vocal talents! The biggest reason I make this topic is because PEOPLE might want to talk about this topic. So I'm making this before somebody else does. Just don't hate for the sake of hating, okay? Before you judge this show preemptively like I did, try actually watching it! You might be in for a surprise!

Edited by 4EverGreen

I don't like pickles.

Peanuts are fine though.

Also it hasn't aired yet and I doubt it will be the worst animated program the network has to offer.

I'll stick with the 5 other premieres I have on the night of September 7th though.

If I'm honest, the animation is unique in a good way. It gives the show its own look and doesn't look like anyone else. That said, both the animation and the concept aren't very Disney-like, which might be a make/break for many. I'm gonna be optimistic about it.

It just feels like animators are just looking at everyday objects and trying to make them into cartoon characters. How else can you explain "Pig Goat Banana Cricket?!" Honestly, I'd be surprised if the show even LASTS for a whole season!

If a trash can and an ice cream cone can qualify as Pokemon, then I can assure a pickle and peanut could qualify as cartoon characters.

As for the show, whether it's good or bad is up to me once I see this for myself.

• Like 2

It just feels like animators are just looking at everyday objects and trying to make them into cartoon characters. How else can you explain "Pig Goat Banana Cricket?!" Honestly, I'd be surprised if the show even LASTS for a whole season!

Amen brother. What next? A show about a talking sponge?! That won't make it past the first episode!

• Like 1

This looks interesting enough to give a shot. Seems like Disney is trying to branch out of their comfort zone a bit with concept ideas and I'm not against it. The one thing that does have me a bit concerned is it's from the guy who made Fish Hooks, which I was not a fan of at all. However, it has Fish Hooks brand of humor which for some reason works better here than it did there off the one-two minute clips I've seen. I also realized that the voice of Picke is Jon Heder, who's an actor I find underrated. I'm interested how he'll do here since Napoleon Dynamite the animated series was short lived and I kinda enjoyed it more than others.

I often give bad received shows chances, but this show doesn't look too good based on the preview I just saw. The voice acting is obnoxious (which I rarely complain about obnoxious VA) and the animation is so lazy that I have no purpose of watching this cartoon. I'll give it all the episodes premiering this month and if there's more bad than good, then I'll watch stopping.

I decided to actually GIVE the show a shot!  :happykrabs: To be honest, the promos were like PURPOSELY underselling the cartoon!  o.o It's weirdly good, but in an understated way!  :unsure: My impressions of this show is; it is what it is.  :okay: And I thought it was interesting that this cartoon is only ONE episode in, and it's already referenced "Ren and Stimpy" with the Happy Helmet!  :thumbsup: So, anyone keeping track for how long it TAKES Disney to refernce a Nickelodeon cartoon, it's 24 years.  :ph34r: For once, I'm actually glad that I was wrong about my initial thoughts for a cartoon series.  :) This might actually LAST a whole season, as long as they DON'T do anything stupid! :rolleyes: Enough said! B)

Yeah just watched the pilot on the XAT and....

Fucking terrible.  Worst animated series Disney has done in ten years at least.  Maybe longer.  This was trying way too hard to be like Regular Show and failing at it.  Badly.  The jokes were painfully unfunny.  Both of these characters are detestable.  And all those attempts at trying to modernize this with pop culture references and trends was horrendously forced.

If this is a sign of how the rest of the series is, I have absolutely no interest in this piece of shit.

• Like 2

I know pilots can be a little rough but this pilot was awful. I don't think I laughed once throughout the entire 11-minute episode. Both of the main characters are obnoxious (and when Pickle was twerking...no. Just NO). 

I haven't seen all of Disney XD's cartoons but I like the ones I have seen (GF, Star, Wander, and Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja looks decent at least). This is a definite exception though. Mix the annoying ness of Breadwinners in a blender with Fish Hooks style animation (yes I know this is by that show's creator) and this is the slop you get.

• Like 1