• Advertisement

Disney Cartoon, Pickle and Peanut

Dragonball Z

imagine coming home from work and telling your spouse and kids you designed a talking pickle's butt with a wart that has a smiling face on it today

yeah from what I saw from that episode, it didn't seem promising really. 

• Like 3

Well, I decide to watch another episode, but then it still has that awful writing so I just give up and will no longer watch it again. This without a doubt "the" worst Disney related cartoon ever. I would even watch their live action stuff over this.

I honestly feel like this show gets way too much hate, like once you get to watch a few episodes it isn't actually quite bad. One of the funniest episodes has to be the one where Pickle and Peanut are trying to save carts from being stolen by this bloody nose guy.

bump :waddles:

Unpopular opinion time: Honestly, this show is quite enjoyable. It's stupid, so don't expect Gravity Falls kind of humor but it has some pretty funny jokes and moments. Obviously the artstyle turned many off but the animation is surprisingly smooth (It is Disney, after all...) If you only saw the first ep, I encourage you to watch some more if you wanted a very silly/childish but still watchable and funny show :smirk:

(i probably sound like an idiot for praising a show called pickle and peanut but oh well)

Edited by Big Meaty Claws

Here comes the hate for me but I personally don't think the show is as bad as everyone says. Is it good? Nope. I can understand why people don't like this but this has become a guilty pleasure of minefor most part. At first, I checked out first two episodes and one of them was meh, other was funny to me, tho this wasn't a type of show that caught my interest and after seeing so many negative reception, I decided to not check it out until suddenly it became popular on SBM. I still didn't want to give it a shot but later on, I check out some episodes and it was interesting to say the least. For postive stuff I can say this that the show has a messed up humor. Sometimes it makes really dark, creepy jokes or moments that made me laugh and It's always something that I give credit for kids show for appealing to adults as well. In one episode when Pickle, Peanut and Rat King were driving to volcano with freezing peas, so they can stop the volcano, Rat King found this plan to be crazy and Pickle and Peanut said they only live for once and they told him to stop being a wuss about it. Moments like that really got me in a good way. The 2D designs of characters, while they look pretty bad, they catch my attention tho. I'll say they look bad on an interesting way. And as the show goes on there are some improvent for stuff that I don't like and the show becomes more for me. As for bad stuff, sometimes messed up moments look actually disturbing to me, rather than funny and as for rest of jokes, they are not much memorable (although it doesn't have toilet humor like most of recent Nick cartoons at least). The show can get on my nerves, it an be loud or really stupid for me and when they do in your face stuff like saying "DISTRACTION DISTRACTION DISTRACION" in low voice and slow motion as well as close ups really don't do much for me. Another thing I don't like about is (probably my least favorite aspect of this show) adding real life humans into the show and they are really distracting and really irritating. Thank god, in later episodes I've seen some of these problems don't really exist. Overal, I think the show is pretty badly-animated, pretty stupid and disturbing but sometimes It can be a fun time for me and honestly, I'd rather see dumb adventures of Pickle and Peanut than watch Allen Gegory, Breadwinners, Bickleberry and half of modern Family Guy.

Grade: C+

I know it's been a while since I've posted on this topic that I started WAY back when; but was anyone aware that this show SOMEHOW got a second season?! o.o It's airing on Disney XD right now...not that anyone REALLY seems to notice, because Disney XD seems to be BURNING through new episodes like there is no tomorrow! :hysterical: Although granted, there HAVE actually been a few surprisingly good moments from this show; such as the SECOND Christmas special, the "Willy Wonka" spoof episode segment, and the episode segment where they get trapped on a traffic island (sure, "Catdog" and "Sanjay and Craig" have done it, as well, but they had a unique take on it). I mean, if the TERRIBLE "Teen Titans Go" can stay on the air for 200 episodes; maybe this SOMETIMES half-way decent cartoon can make it to 100; not that I'll PROMISE that I will, given the short-attention spans of SOME people (not naming names), are today! :rolleyes: Enough said! ;)