• Advertisement

Patchy?

thecrad15

14 members have voted

1. 1. What happened to Patchy?

• He's not a SpongeBob fan anymore
    • Tom Kenny does not like to do Patchy anymore
    • He died

I think that PieGuyRulz and the Man who Shan't be Named finally managed to crack through Nickelodeon's thick, thick skull, and made them realize how horrible and annoying Patchy was, with that crossover :P

In all seriousness I think it's just because he's kinda getting dated compared to the show itself, and it's the time to move on now.

Maybe Patchy way fired and killed because of how moronic he was in Truth or Square. Or maybe he went to a mental asylum because he went insane over Spongebob and painted himself Yellow and place hole stickers on himself, as well as wearing Spongebob's clothes. He also probably got plastic surgery done and made his front teeth huge. All in all, Patchy probably went iinsane over Spongebob, he dressed, talked, and acted like Spongebob, and ended up in a mental asylum for the rest of his life.

Not only is Patchy a living outdated parody of something that's long since stopped being a thing (when was the last time a kids show with a cheesy live action host existed and mattered), but it seems that Patchy became less of a parody and more of an actual legitimate thing as time went on and that caused his downward spiral in quality. Giving him his own plotlines starting in Friend or Foe and moving through Atlantis Squarepantis and Truth Or Square just killed all aspect of the crappy children's show host parody and made him a little too much of an actual character and it wasn't for the better.

I think the writers realized that and decided it'd be for the better not to use him unless it was in a capacity like that again, which is why I appreciated him in IASBC. If he appears again he needs to just be back in his house doing stupid stuff, like he was back in the day.

I lowkey didn't even like his appearance in Ugh too much so I mean Patchy being kinda Garbo isn't a solely post-movie thing even

• Like 9