• Advertisement

spongebob games we played when we were kids

The Pizza Delivery game and the one about popping bubbles to get out of Rock Bottom. As for video games, the movie game and Battle for Bikini Bottom pc

but I've seen a majority of all the video/PC/DS games online. 

I still play Battle for Bikini Bottom. I also plays this amazing SpongeBob game named "SpongeBob Square-off" on PC, so basically it's a mixture between turn based strategy and card collecting game. You can as SpongeBob, and instead of normal attack/move, you must use cards to do anything. Amazing concept but poorly executed in the way that the game is too short and simple.

I always had a soft-spot for SuperSponge on the PS1. Not that it's a great game or anything, as it's actually kind of hilariously bad. There's virtually no attempts at humor and the plot is just about getting ingredients for Mermaid Man's sandwich. It's got this weird Sonic-style ring health system, where you collect spatulas and when you get hit they fly everywhere, and if you get hit without one you'll die. It's pretty poorly designed overall with a lot of cheap deaths, but there's sort of a 'so bad it's good' factor to it that makes me come back to the game every once in a while. I mean, just look at the design of the final boss:

7pjgZaY.png

That's true art right there, I tell ya.

Oh yeah, and of course Battle for Bikini Bottom. That game is still awesome.

• Like 1

How has no one mentioned Revenge of the Flying Dutchman? That one's on top with Battle for Bikini Bottom and The Movie Game. I also liked how they tried to get back to the old style with 2009's Truth or Square (although it was nowhere as good to me).

I too have played Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. Though I actually replayed that one not too long ago and to be honest...playing it now compared to the other games, it kinda lags. Though possibly because I think that was the first SB game on the console.

My favorites are Battle for Bikini Bottom, The Movie, and Creature From the Krusty Krab. I've also enjoyed Light Camera Pants and Truth or Square.

Anyone remember SpongeBob: Invasion of the Lava King?