• Advertisement

SpongeBob Is Making Kids Fat?

Shark Tale

Many media outlets are usually biased, don't believe in everything they say.

Anyway, going to the topic. Every show more or less makes us lazy in some aspects not just Spongebob. Criticizing this series for making children obese is simply not looking at the facts. Spongebob is a children's comedy cartoon, the main purpose of it is to make us enjoy the humor and find it silly. What these media outlets actually want is a more educational Spongebob, but that can't be achieved since it will ruin what the show is all about, which is entertainment. I'd say kids should have the right to enjoy cartoons as it is a big part of their life and taking that away from them will only make things worse. They should accept this fact and embrace it fully; obesity has more to do with the food we eat than a cartoon.

• Like 3

Spongebob isn't making kids fat, our culture is making kids fat.

All of our issues concerning obesity has way more to do with politics, distribution of wealth, and that fact that in many poor areas the only source of food people have are fast food, than a cartoon about a sea sponge.

Instead of putting the blame on shows, why not make an effort to get your kids to eat healthier?

Because that would require doing something.

That would also require them to admit a wrongdoing on their part, and who on Earth would want that now?

I've heard the show is making kids integrate Spongebob into their daily lives. Examples include but aren't limited to: kids only wanting Krabby Patties and nothing else, kids having their mental capacity set back. No offense but this show is kinda making kids dumb

I've heard the show is making kids integrate Spongebob into their daily lives. Examples include but aren't limited to: kids only wanting Krabby Patties and nothing else, kids having their mental capacity set back. No offense but this show is kinda making kids dumb

yeah I remember that study, it was what 2011? and spongebob is broadcasted in how many countries, and why is this only an issue in the US? hmmmm i wonder....

The show's style and popularity seems to make it a target for these stories. These stories are nothing but psychological projection, though since a cartoon is being blamed for making kids stupider or fatter.

Everything goes to parents. They have to say "NO".

• Like 1

The show's style and popularity seems to make it a target for these stories. These stories are nothing but psychological projection, though since a cartoon is being blamed for making kids stupider or fatter.