• Advertisement

[NEWS] Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

Steel Sponge

I don't know if it's the right time for a second try at doing this topic, but here's a new topic for the upcoming movie while it lasts.

Important:

-Don't spam, or at least make posts that don't add to the discussion. We don't need for this thread to derail again.

-If you guys want to goof around and make chipmunk puns, I've at least made a thread in the Industrial Park dedicated to that.

-See how I put "NEWS" behind the title. When more details or a trailer comes out, that's when discussion is most necessary.

• Like 8

It'll bomb at box office, it has no chance to compete with Star Wars, goodbye Chipmunk movies :P

As much as I would like for these movies to cease from existing, this is not going to be that simple.

The Road Chip does have a lot going for it to dispute that it will be a "bomb".  There will be no new G/PG movies in December besides this one.  So unless The Good Dinosaur and Peanuts have super strong holdings, The Road Chip will have the Christmas box office season as the prime family movie option. Also past Chipmunk movies have had formidable competition in the past with the likes of Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, Mission Impossible 4, etc.  So having it go up against the new Star Wars is not the worst thing in the world as counter programming.

This isn't going to make $200 million like the first two did, but this can still be profitable like Chipwrecked.

• Like 1

As much as I would like for these movies to cease from existing, this is not going to be that simple.

The Road Chip does have a lot going for it to dispute that it will be a "bomb".  There will be no new G/PG movies in December besides this one.  So unless The Good Dinosaur and Peanuts have super strong holdings, The Road Chip will have the Christmas box office season as the prime family movie option. Also past Chipmunk movies have had formidable competition in the past with the likes of Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, Mission Impossible 4, etc.  So having it go up against the new Star Wars is not the worst thing in the world as counter programming.

This isn't going to make $200 million like the first two did, but this can still be profitable like Chipwrecked.

good point