Which Happened First: SBSPM or SOoW?

Guest hilaryfan80

Which happened first?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which happened first?

• The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
    • The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

Guest hilaryfan80

Apparently this is a highly debated topic. Which happened first: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie or The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water?

Honestly, I think The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie came first, and let me explain why. In SOoW, Plankton has this huge development where he basically ends up being everyone's friend by the end of the movie. This would have highly made SBSPM's Plan Z improbable because he wouldn't have been so obsessed with defeating Mr. Krabs.

There's also this hidden treasure in "Thank Gosh It's Monday" (originally part of the movie, mind you) that also proves my point.

FS0EaG4.png

Did you see it? Yep, his kelp mustache is on his living room wall, from SBSPM. Of course, the EOTM chart and the hydro-dynamic spatula makes a cameo in this brief scene as well, but this shows, to me, that SOoW happens after SBSPM.

What do you all think?

Honestly with how the first movie wraps up everything I think it really does take place at the end of the series. Yeah, that screenshot shows it would be after SBSP Movie but since it was cut there was nothing else in SOOW that implied the time placement. I feel like after the show is "done" Plankton is in jail and SpongeBob is the manager of the KK 2, and everything we see will have taken place before that.

Its hard to say which one came first, but the first movie took place after the series with the Krusty Krab 2 being opened. As far as I know, SOoW didn't have a Krusty Krab 2. Then again, SOoW could take place in a different timeline than the original. Kinda like the difference between the King Neptune of the show and of the movie.

• Like 2

Apparently this is a highly debated topic. Which happened first: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie or The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water?

Honestly, I think The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie came first, and let me explain why. In SOoW, Plankton has this huge development where he basically ends up being everyone's friend by the end of the movie. This would have highly made SBSPM's Plan Z improbable because he wouldn't have been so obsessed with defeating Mr. Krabs.

There's also this hidden treasure in "Thank Gosh It's Monday" (originally part of the movie, mind you) that also proves my point.

FS0EaG4.png

Did you see it? Yep, his kelp mustache is on his living room wall, from SBSPM. Of course, the EOTM chart and the hydro-dynamic spatula makes a cameo in this brief scene as well, but this shows, to me, that SOoW happens after SBSPM.

What do you all think?

I think that SOoW happened first. The SBSP movie takes places place at the end of the series, so nothing else can be a sequel to it. I think the "Thank Gosh It's Monday" scene was deleted because the kelp mustache from SBSPM was in it and it may prove that the SBSP as taking place at the end of the series is not right. Also, the Krusty Krab 2 was not present in SOoW and SpongeBob is not a manager. There's also another reason why I think SOoW came first. In SOoW, the sea creatures can't breathe air (as Squidward said). After Bubbles the Dolphin made them breathe air, it probably has permanent effects, so SpongeBob and Patrick can breathe air in SBSPM.

I think that SOoW happened first. The SBSP movie takes places place at the end of the series, so nothing else can be a sequel to it. I think the "Thank Gosh It's Monday" scene was deleted because the kelp mustache from SBSPM was in it and it may prove that the SBSP as taking place at the end of the series is not right. Also, the Krusty Krab 2 was not present in SOoW and SpongeBob is not a manager. There's also another reason why I think SOoW came first. In SOoW, the sea creatures can't breathe air (as Squidward said). After Bubbles the Dolphin made them breathe air, it probably has permanent effects, so SpongeBob and Patrick can breathe air in SBSPM.

That CAN'T be possible! Remember, in the SBSP Movie, Spongebob and Patrick were like super close to being DEAD in a gift shop from oxygen and the lack of water. The fact that the sprinkler system turned on because their tears affected the electrical circuit, probably gave them JUST enough moisture to meet David Hasselhoff and get back to the ocean. Of course, I also think it's much more likely that there are TWO different "Spongebob Squarepants" timelines. In one timeline, Plankton came up with Plan Z, tried to conquer Bikini Bottom, but Spongebob Squarepants stopped him. Now, the reason why a SECOND timeline can exist (without nullifying the existence of the first) stems from the fact that Burger Beard HAD the Magic Book!

From what we saw of its use, the Magic Book was capable of MANY things; it was capable of making the Bikini Bottom formula disappear, which in turn, made the citizens devolve into total anarchy (but the Magic Book probably helped with THAT to), the Magic Book was capable of transporting characters, and even just a PAGE from the Magic Book could turn Spongebob and his friends into SUPERHEROS! Another fact supporting the alternate time-line theories, is the fact that IN the second movie, Spongebob and Plankton actually used TIME travel! Because they traveled to the PAST, in order to PREVENT the Krabby Patty Formula from being stolen by Burger Beard, THAT time-line's Plankton never learned the importance of "Te-amwork," and THAT time-line's Spongebob never learned to breathe oxygen in the second movie. But because Spongebob and Plankton WENT back in time, it affected their OWN time-line, meaning Plankton DID learn the importance of "Te-amwork," and even though Spongebob HAD been put through some out of character moments, that can ALSO be explained by the Magic Book!

Remember, we don't know exactly how LONG Burger Beard HAD the Magic Book! He could've been affecting changes, waiting for the right moment to strike, and he CHOSE to strike right in the middle of Spongebob's and Plankton's struggle! By striking at THAT particular moment, it forever SPLIT "Spongebob Squarepants" into two different time-lines, and Spongebob and Plankton going BACK in time only STRENGTHENED the two different time-lines!  :blush: Sorry for the long explanation, but I just wanted to clear the air around here. :excl:

That CAN'T be possible! Remember, in the SBSP Movie, Spongebob and Patrick were like super close to being DEAD in a gift shop from oxygen and the lack of water. The fact that the sprinkler system turned on because their tears affected the electrical circuit, probably gave them JUST enough moisture to meet David Hasselhoff and get back to the ocean. Of course, I also think it's much more likely that there are TWO different "Spongebob Squarepants" timelines. In one timeline, Plankton came up with Plan Z, tried to conquer Bikini Bottom, but Spongebob Squarepants stopped him. Now, the reason why a SECOND timeline can exist (without nullifying the existence of the first) stems from the fact that Burger Beard HAD the Magic Book!

From what we saw of its use, the Magic Book was capable of MANY things; it was capable of making the Bikini Bottom formula disappear, which in turn, made the citizens devolve into total anarchy (but the Magic Book probably helped with THAT to), the Magic Book was capable of transporting characters, and even just a PAGE from the Magic Book could turn Spongebob and his friends into SUPERHEROS! Another fact supporting the alternate time-line theories, is the fact that IN the second movie, Spongebob and Plankton actually used TIME travel! Because they traveled to the PAST, in order to PREVENT the Krabby Patty Formula from being stolen by Burger Beard, THAT time-line's Plankton never learned the importance of "Te-amwork," and THAT time-line's Spongebob never learned to breathe oxygen in the second movie. But because Spongebob and Plankton WENT back in time, it affected their OWN time-line, meaning Plankton DID learn the importance of "Te-amwork," and even though Spongebob HAD been put through some out of character moments, that can ALSO be explained by the Magic Book!

Remember, we don't know exactly how LONG Burger Beard HAD the Magic Book! He could've been affecting changes, waiting for the right moment to strike, and he CHOSE to strike right in the middle of Spongebob's and Plankton's struggle! By striking at THAT particular moment, it forever SPLIT "Spongebob Squarepants" into two different time-lines, and Spongebob and Plankton going BACK in time only STRENGTHENED the two different time-lines!  :blush: Sorry for the long explanation, but I just wanted to clear the air around here. :excl:

Oh..right. I forgot something in the movie. Thank you for making things clear. I now get it. :)

Guest hilaryfan80

That's a bit of a stretch.  :lol: Burger Beard wouldn't have had an incentive to create another timeline like that. Also, the Plankton of the past was nulled when present SpongeBob and Plankton changed the events of the past. I like the way you're thinking, though!

What would be more likely is the third movie (which has been confirmed) may explain the connection between the two movies. Perhaps the third movie will be a prequel to the first two, creating the continuity between them.

FS0EaG4.png

Of course, the EOTM chart 

SO SQUIDWARD DID WIN, I KNEW IT! :D Unless that counts Fresh Breath  :ph34r:  Nice spatula cameo as well.  ;)

I wanna say the first one happened first not because of that, but it seems likely that a behavior change in Plankton would've happened, plus what the heck happened to Karen? I just want to think she was able to be functional again, which would go the other way, but it seems highly likely she could be rebooted with some of the time machine or Bubbles the Dolphin logic. :P

I have yet to see the second movie, but I don't think SpongeBob is even following a chronological order. I feel like everything they do is in a floating timeline. If there is order, it's unorganized lol

Hmm, you see, the first SB movie was supposed to be the ending of the movie. But since the movie was so popular Nick forced the crew to make new episodes. So, technically the first movie is the ending, because SB becomes manager and Plankton gets arrested. The second movie is definitely before the first movie.

But, the Sponge Out Of Water came first.  :D

• Like 2

On 5/2/2015 at 2:34 PM, The Boulder said:

SO SQUIDWARD DID WIN, I KNEW IT! :D Unless that counts Fresh Breath  :ph34r:  Nice spatula cameo as well.  ;)

I wanna say the first one happened first not because of that, but it seems likely that a behavior change in Plankton would've happened, plus what the heck happened to Karen? I just want to think she was able to be functional again, which would go the other way, but it seems highly likely she could be rebooted with some of the time machine or Bubbles the Dolphin logic. :P

Hi 13 year old me, what the fuck where you doung engaging in a question that's so stupid it could literally onky be asked by someone who didnt remember the right events from the movies endings?