• Advertisement

If You Had to Write-Off One Main SpongeBob Character...

Ron

If you got to choose one of the main 6 characters to leave the show permanently in the present season (Season 9), which would you choose? 

SpongeBob SquarePants?

Squidward Tentacles?

Patrick Star?

Sandy Cheeks?

Eugene Krabs?

Sheldon Plankton?

I would have to choose Plankton, tbh.  :shake:

Sandy is the only one who could go and have it not make a difference, but she basically left the show in Seasons 5-7 so she doesn't need to again. :P

I'd honestly get rid of Squidward, because he's not a good character anymore, honestly. Everything about him's been flanderized/exaggerated to the point where he has no real redeeming anything except for his episodes involving music, and his emotional range literally only consists of angry, irritated, smug, and disinterested. I don't really like Squidward much as a character anymore, so to see him leave wouldn't make me shed a tear.

Everyone else, I'm pretty fine with them staying on. Even Krabs. Sandy is the only one minor enough to actually leave though.

• Like 2

If you got to choose one of the main 6 characters to leave the show permanently in the present season (Season 9), which would you choose? 

SpongeBob SquarePants?

Squidward Tentacles?

Patrick Star?

Sandy Cheeks?

Eugene Krabs?

Sheldon Plankton?

coughcoughandgarycoughcough

And I'd choose Sandy, too, even though it would make the show a sausage fest.

• Like 2

This is a really tough decision, but I'm gonna go with Sandy. It's not gonna leave that big of an impact, and she barely even appeared in any episodes anyway. :P

Yeah. Isn't Gary a main character too?

If I had a choice, I'd write off Plankton. The Plankton episodes are done to death with the same formula almost every time.

As far as Sandy being written out not affecting the show majorly,  I think the same can be said about Patrick. He can be replaced with another dimwit for SpongeBob to hang around and it'd literally make no difference.

• Like 2

How about writing off Mr. Krabs for a while, when you think about it, I think we've had enough Krusty Krab episodes in the last few seasons. Writing off the Krusty Krab for at least one season could breathe new life to the show; they could come out with more boating school episodes and episodes that have to do with other things as well.

• Like 1

Sandy. She's pretty much an extra when it comes down to it. She's supportive friend of SB, probably the only besides Patrick. All her extreme sports and what not is usually unnecessary. Plus she's hard to write for most of the time because of her strong personality. If we were counting Gary, then him. I totally agree with Nuggets on Squidward. He just overreacts to everything now and it gets really annoying.

Yeah. Isn't Gary a main character too?

If I had a choice, I'd write off Plankton. The Plankton episodes are done to death with the same formula almost every time.

As far as Sandy being written out not affecting the show majorly,  I think the same can be said about Patrick. He can be replaced with another dimwit for SpongeBob to hang around and it'd literally make no difference.

coughcoughandgarycoughcough

And I'd choose Sandy, too, even though it would make the show a sausage fest.

I chose not to include Gary because I think that would've been the first choice for everyone to get rid of... he doesn't really do anything aside from meowing. :P

How about writing off Mr. Krabs for a while, when you think about it, I think we've had enough Krusty Krab episodes in the last few seasons. Writing off the Krusty Krab for at least one season could breathe new life to the show; they could come out with more boating school episodes and episodes that have to do with other things as well.

Excellent idea! Hadn't thought of this. 

Patrick, tbh. I don't like him too much anymore.

HOWEVER, this should never happen as the characters pretty much make SB :P

Even with him being my bu I totally agree. S7-S9 Patrick is usually beyond his normal dumb self.

I chose not to include Gary because I think that would've been the first choice for everyone to get rid of... he doesn't really do anything aside from meowing. :P

I'd write off Sandy sooner than Gary. Gary provides companionship to SpongeBob when he's in his house. Sandy, as people have said, is becoming less and less of a main character as the series goes on. It's like she's being written off anyway.

I'd honestly write off Mrs. Puff (she appears enough to be a main character, honestly) The newer boating school episodes aren't really appealing to me anymore, I think Mrs. Puff just comes off as mean most of the time, nowadays. She used to be a fun character, but not really anymore.

• Like 3

I'd honestly write off Mrs. Puff (she appears enough to be a main character, honestly) The newer boating school episodes aren't really appealing to me anymore, I think Mrs. Puff just comes off as mean most of the time, nowadays. She used to be a fun character, but not really anymore.

I'm still trying to forgive her for Demolition Doofus, being a mental break down or not. :P Yeah I agree, but Bumper to Bumper kinda improved her character by her helping SpongeBob through out it.

I'm still trying to forgive her for Demolition Doofus, being a mental break down or not. :P Yeah I agree, but Bumper to Bumper kinda improved her character by her helping SpongeBob through out it.

I have no problem with her in Demolition Doofus, because of stress SpongeBob puts to her throughout the show it's justified, kind of.

If I have to choose one character to be removed from the show, I'll chose Sandy. She rarely appears in recent episodes so it's not going to make any difference. Except that now the shippers have to find someone else to ship SpongeBob with.

I'd write off Patrick Star, for the main reason being, he's utterly detestable in recent episodes. At least Mr. Krabs can have some good performances. The starfish, however, the last time I remember him being even remotely likable was...umm...Ghoul Fools?

The rest of the characters, besides the two, are fine. 

• Like 1