• Advertisement

Earworm and The Abrasive Side Air November 27th

Sebby

i don't know if spongebob gets an earwom as in "music stuck in ears", or an earworm as in "a worm in his ear" or if it's just an illness. But it sounds like a good episode!

It's him getting a song stuck in his head. See my recent new post on the previous page with the episode plots.

I've been thinking and I doubt "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" will be the song stuck in his head. It's not really a catchy song and it seems to be sort of random if the episodes not about baseball

So, then this means we might have a future sports episode coming up.

EDIT: Clip for Earworm:

http://video.tvguide.com/SpongeBob+SquarePants/SpongeBob+SquarePants+Ear+Worm+Musical+Doodle/6672276?autoplay=true

By the looks of the commercial, I have a good feeling what the Abrasive Side is going to be like. But how does Spongebob become like that? And how will he get rid of the effects? And will Patrick and his friends like him anymore?

As for the Earworm, sounds a little disgusting like I said earlier.....

By the looks of the commercial, I have a good feeling what the Abrasive Side is going to be like. But how does Spongebob become like that? And how will he get rid of the effects? And will Patrick and his friends like him anymore?

Earworm is about Spongebob getting a song stuck in his head. Doesn't sound disgusting at all.

Plots (From tvguide):

The Abrasive Side: SpongeBob wants to stop being overaccommodating, so he buys a product designed to help him say "no"

Earworm: SpongeBob can't get a catchy song out of his head.

Earworm is about Spongebob getting a song stuck in his head. Doesn't sound disgusting at all.

Oh, I'm sorry. It's about a song type ear worm? Oh, I was thinking it was going to be like an acutal worm got stuck in his ear or something. 526874.gif

Full Episode Plots that were submitted by a user from the UK:

(WARNING: Do not read if you don't want to be spoiled)

The Abrasive Side:

Spoiler

SpongeBob is waiting at the bus stop to go to Glove World. He promised Patrick that they would be first in line, and to be first to get on the bus. Then a lot of fish come and push in front of him. Patrick comes and asks SpongeBob why he is not first (like he promised). Sandy comes and ask SpongeBob for something. Patrick goes to Glove World without SpongeBob. After that, he goes back to the bus stop, then Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob for something. He then goes back to the bus stop and helps Grandma SquarePants cross the road. Patrick returns and tells SpongeBob that sometimes he just has to say no, then asks SpongeBob to scratch his back. He is shown at his house crying. Gary then goes to a catalog and orders something for SpongeBob. The package arrives and says "Abrasive Sponge". He sticks it on his back. He goes out and a fish asks him to carry his laundry for him. His body switches 180 degrees, showing the abrasive side and says "Carry it yourself, fish-face" for SpongeBob. He does the same for Larry, Grandma SquarePants, Sandy Cheeks. He then goes into the Krusty Krab, then Mr. Krabs asks him to do a 17 hours extra shift. SpongeBob says yes, but then his abrasive side says no, unless Mr. Krabs pays for overtime. Mr. Krabs goes to his office to look up the meaning for "overtime" - then is shocked that SpongeBob could use such a word.

He goes home and Squidward says not to annoy him. SpongeBob's abrasive side says the complete opposite that SpongeBob would normally says, then Squidward gets happy and hugs him: "You don't know how long I have waited to hear those words." Patrick says it's time for their play-date. SpongeBob talks and so does his abrasive side, confusing Patrick. He goes into his house to the bathroom and stares into the mirror, and realizes whats wrong - that his abrasive side is getting out of control. He asks Patrick and Mr. Krabs for help, but his abrasive side gets the better of him. He goes to Sandy for help, then explains what happened and why he got an abrasive side. Sandy then rips it off his back, while SpongeBob holds Patrick, then is shown with intense pain for a short while as Sandy rips the abrasive side off. Sandy puts it in a box labelled "Return to sender" and puts it in the mailbox. SpongeBob then remembers to go say sorry to Grandma. He goes, then it turns out that Grandma has got an abrasive side now too.

Earworm:

Spoiler

SpongeBob is shown at the Krusty Krab during closing time with Mr. Krabs and Squidward. He is in the kitchen and starts singing a song (later identified as the "Musical Doodle"). Squidward gets annoyed because SpongeBob is singing that song. Mr. Krabs comes and says to mop the floor. Squidward tells SpongeBob again to stop singing that song. Squidward then puts on the radio, but is playing "Musical Doodle" - SpongeBob picks up the radio and starts dancing to it. Mr. Krabs says it's closing time and Squidward runs out. SpongeBob is sitting down on a table singing to the song. SpongeBob floats out of the Krusty Krab and lands outside a record shop. He hears "Musical Doodle" playing. He then buys the record and goes home, opens up Gary's shell (revealing a record player), and plays the song until night-time (Gary is asleep by then). He goes to sleep but then starts whistling the song. He goes back downstairs to listen to the song again.

He is then shown at the Krusty Krab, looking very tired. Mr. Krabs warns him to get to work. SpongeBob imagines that Mr. Krabs is singing the "Musical Doodle". He is warned to stop singing that song, but finds it very hard to not sing the song. He hands out Krabby Patties while singing the song, at the same time bothering the customers. Mr. Krabs comes out of his office to see what's wrong. All the customers blame SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob once again to stop singing that song, or he will send him home. In the kitchen, his eye sockets form into mouths and start singing the song - the same thing happens with his back. In the next scene, the kitchen is shown absolutely wrecked, with "doodle" written on the walls. SpongeBob seems that he has gone crazy. He goes home while singing the song - Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Patrick and Squidward follow him and tie him to a chair. Sandy explains that he has an "earworm" - which is when a worm is in someone's brain and keeps the song in their head. Sandy says that it can only be cured if another song gets stuck in their head. Mr. Krabs sings a sea-shanty and Sandy sings a Western song, but none succeed. Sandy says "someone with musical talent" can cure him. Squidward starts playing his clarinet very badly. The earworm gets annoyed and leaves. Squidward is then shown in bed, praising himself. The earworm comes and goes into Squidward, now Squidward has the earworm.

The Abrasive Side:

Spoiler

SpongeBob is waiting at the bus stop to go to Glove World. He promised Patrick that they would be first in line, and to be first to get on the bus. Then a lot of fish come and push in front of him. Patrick comes and asks SpongeBob why he is not first (like he promised). Sandy comes and ask SpongeBob for something. Patrick goes to Glove World without SpongeBob. After that, he goes back to the bus stop, then Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob for something. He then goes back to the bus stop and helps Grandma SquarePants cross the road. Patrick returns and tells SpongeBob that sometimes he just has to say no, then asks SpongeBob to scratch his back. He is shown at his house crying. Gary then goes to a catalog and orders something for SpongeBob. The package arrives and says "Abrasive Sponge". He sticks it on his back. He goes out and a fish asks him to carry his laundry for him. His body switches 180 degrees, showing the abrasive side and says "Carry it yourself, fish-face" for SpongeBob. He does the same for Larry, Grandma SquarePants, Sandy Cheeks. He then goes into the Krusty Krab, then Mr. Krabs asks him to do a 17 hours extra shift. SpongeBob says yes, but then his abrasive side says no, unless Mr. Krabs pays for overtime. Mr. Krabs goes to his office to look up the meaning for "overtime" - then is shocked that SpongeBob could use such a word.

He goes home and Squidward says not to annoy him. SpongeBob's abrasive side says the complete opposite that SpongeBob would normally says, then Squidward gets happy and hugs him: "You don't know how long I have waited to hear those words." Patrick says it's time for their play-date. SpongeBob talks and so does his abrasive side, confusing Patrick. He goes into his house to the bathroom and stares into the mirror, and realizes whats wrong - that his abrasive side is getting out of control. He asks Patrick and Mr. Krabs for help, but his abrasive side gets the better of him. He goes to Sandy for help, then explains what happened and why he got an abrasive side. Sandy then rips it off his back, while SpongeBob holds Patrick, then is shown with intense pain for a short while as Sandy rips the abrasive side off. Sandy puts it in a box labelled "Return to sender" and puts it in the mailbox. SpongeBob then remembers to go say sorry to Grandma. He goes, then it turns out that Grandma has got an abrasive side now too.

Earworm:

Spoiler

SpongeBob is shown at the Krusty Krab during closing time with Mr. Krabs and Squidward. He is in the kitchen and starts singing a song (later identified as the "Musical Doodle"). Squidward gets annoyed because SpongeBob is singing that song. Mr. Krabs comes and says to mop the floor. Squidward tells SpongeBob again to stop singing that song. Squidward then puts on the radio, but is playing "Musical Doodle" - SpongeBob picks up the radio and starts dancing to it. Mr. Krabs says it's closing time and Squidward runs out. SpongeBob is sitting down on a table singing to the song. SpongeBob floats out of the Krusty Krab and lands outside a record shop. He hears "Musical Doodle" playing. He then buys the record and goes home, opens up Gary's shell (revealing a record player), and plays the song until night-time (Gary is asleep by then). He goes to sleep but then starts whistling the song. He goes back downstairs to listen to the song again.

He is then shown at the Krusty Krab, looking very tired. Mr. Krabs warns him to get to work. SpongeBob imagines that Mr. Krabs is singing the "Musical Doodle". He is warned to stop singing that song, but finds it very hard to not sing the song. He hands out Krabby Patties while singing the song, at the same time bothering the customers. Mr. Krabs comes out of his office to see what's wrong. All the customers blame SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob once again to stop singing that song, or he will send him home. In the kitchen, his eye sockets form into mouths and start singing the song - the same thing happens with his back. In the next scene, the kitchen is shown absolutely wrecked, with "doodle" written on the walls. SpongeBob seems that he has gone crazy. He goes home while singing the song - Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Patrick and Squidward follow him and tie him to a chair. Sandy explains that he has an "earworm" - which is when a worm is in someone's brain and keeps the song in their head. Sandy says that it can only be cured if another song gets stuck in their head. Mr. Krabs sings a sea-shanty and Sandy sings a Western song, but none succeed. Sandy says "someone with musical talent" can cure him. Squidward starts playing his clarinet very badly. The earworm gets annoyed and leaves. Squidward is then shown in bed, praising himself. The earworm comes and goes into Squidward, now Squidward has the earworm.

I would read them, but i'm lazy at the moment. 428899.gif

The Abrasive Side:

Spoiler

Earworm:

Spoiler

So there IS a realt ear worm after all...

I'm actually pretty glad those episodes are pointed out before I see them.

Most of the times I like it the second time I watch it better, becouse I already know what's gonna happen.

Thanks for the clip, SpongeSeb! It's unusual to see them put two clips for a normal-length episode.

Edit: I discovered clips from "The Abrasive Side" ! 125508.gif

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/play/sponge-bob-abrasive-side-clip-1

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/play/sponge-bob-abrasive-side-clip-2