• Advertisement

Gordok's Bottom 20 Spongebob Episodes

Ok, before I get to the last episode (and because I just love to keep up the suspense), time for a recap!

20-Dear Vikings: Just and annoying episode with one of the cheesiest endings to ever exist. Plus, it makes the Vikings look like wimps.

19-Squid Wood: Just an idiotic, mean-spirited trip from beginning to end. Plus, it’s a Squidward torture fest.

18-Penny Foolish: This episode used to be my least favorite episode of the series when it first came out. While Mr. Krabs' greed was comical in some episodes, this one just takes it way too far!

17-Yours, Mine and Mine: I really hate it when one of my favorite characters acts like a jerk to everyone and doesn't learn his (or her) lesson.

16-The Main Drain: There really isn't much to say about this episode. Except that it is simply boring and doesn't make any sense throughout.

15-I'm with Stupid: Again, I don't like seeing one of my favorite characters (Patrick) act like a big jerk, especially to his best friend.

14-A Day Without Tears: This episode was just plain annoying. There wasn't really any plot to it and the writers tried too hard to make it as sappy as humanly possible.

13-Cephalopod Lodge: This episode has to be the worst Squidward abuse episode I have ever seen. And I have seen some pretty bad Squidward episodes (The thing, Giant Squidward, Tentacle-Vision, and the list goes on)!

12-Choir Boys: I don't hate this episode mainly because of all the Squidward abuse (although that's part of the reason). I just hate that disturbing face Spongebob made when he suddenly had the voice of the gods. Oh my... That face will haunt me forever!

11-The Splinter: I have seen that this episode receives a lot of hate from fans, and for a good reason, too! This episode is just repulsive, vile, and nauseating. I will never be able to forget this one!

10-Gullible Pants: Dear writers, there is such thing as naivety and stupidity. All you have to do is learn to tell the difference!

9-The Cent of Money: Animal Abuse? Bad move, dude. Bad move.

8-Nautical Novice: When I watched this for the first time, I was eager to see Spongebob finally get his license! Unfortunately, that eagerness was thrown out the window by the time it was over.

7-Demolition Doofus: Turning a nice character into a psychopath (who actively tries to kill someone) does NOT make for a good episode!

6-Gone: Spongebob did not deserve this at all!

5-Plankton's Regular: I really felt bad for Plankton by the end of this episode. He really didn't deserve that kind of torture.

4-Stuck in the Wringer: When I first saw this episode, I knew that it was one of the absolute WORST! This episode is nothing but a painful trip from beginning to end and the ending is a huge slap in the face.

3-Little Yellow Book: Like Stuck in the Wringer, this episode is nothing but a sadistic trip from beginning to end. I really hate how the writers portrayed Squidward in such a dark, sadistic way!

2-One Coarse Meal: Just a horrible, twisted, cruel episode that made me hate Mr. Krabs.

And the final episode at the bottom of the barrel IS:

Number 1: A Pal For Gary

A few of you may have expected an episode like Atlantis SquarePantis or All That Glitters to be my number 1 worst, but yes, THIS is my very least favorite episode! The first time I watched this, I knew that this was the ABSOLUTE worst episode to ever hit the air!

While at work at the Krusty Krab, Spongebob starts to feel bad for leaving Gary alone at his house (because he thinks he’s lonely). Although, in reality, Gary is actually happy at home. He’s eating a bag of chips and drinking some soda while watching some western TV shows!

So, on the way home, he decides that he’s gonna get a pal for Gary (just like the name of the episode). On the way home, Spongebob bumps into a gypsy that happens to be selling these ridiculously cute, multi-colored Nudibranches.

So, he decides to buy one of them when the gypsy gives him a warning, saying that these creatures are violent around other pets. But, of course, Spongebob doesn’t pay any attention to her. In fact, he doesn’t pay here anything! He just takes the one he wants and walks away! You better have hoped that that thing was free.

Anyways, when he gets home, he introduces Gary to his new friend (named Puffy Fluffy). And it seems that Gary and Puffy Fluffy don’t get along. When Spongebob is not looking, Puffy Fluffy would bare his huge fangs at Gary, scaring him and causing him to hide. Also, whenever Puffy Fluffy does something bad, Spongebob immediately blames Gary.

And here is an example of Spongebob’s utter obliviousness. While Spongebob is on the couch, eating dinner (while Gary and Puffy Fluffy are right in front of him), Gary tries to offer Puffy a toy, but Puffy then grabs the toy out of Gary’s mouth and proceeds to tear it to shreds. And for some reason, Spongebob doesn’t seem to notice. I’m not kidding. Puffy Fluffy shreds the toy, and Spongebob just eats his dinner and doesn’t show ANY reaction to it.

Anyways, this goes on until Spongebob goes to sleep. When midnight comes, Gary wakes up and hears a strange noise coming from the kitchen. He goes to the kitchen and finds that Puffy Fluffy has evolved into a huge, green eel-like abomination with huge claws and huge fangs. Once Puffy Fluffy spots Gary, he proceeds to chase him into the library (which is adjacent to Spongebob’s room), banging, crashing, and roaring all over the place. Wait, how can Spongebob not wake up to that?

Then, a fight ensues with Puffy Fluffy trying to grasp Gary and devour him, and Gary trying to defend himself. You know, at this point, I feel pretty sorry for Gary. He has to fight for his life against this monstrosity because his owner is owner is blind, deaf, and incomprehensibly STUPID!

The battle drives on until Spongebob wakes up in the morning, only to find that the house is a wreck. He thinks that Gary is the one who did this (because he thinks that he’s jealous). So, he goes to the kitchen, but the door won’t budge. After charging into the door a few times, he manages to get it open. He walks into the kitchen, only to find that Gary is about to be devoured alive by Puffy Fluffy! And guess how Spongebob reacts. You would think that Spongebob would become terrified and try to save Gary, but instead, he actually yells angrily at Gary, telling HIM to put down PUFFY FLUFFY! I am serious!

Puffy Fluffy notices and he drops Gary and decides to eat Spongebob (GOOD). Using what he learned from his western hobby earlier, Gary manages to lasso the beast and drive it out of their home, thus saving Spongebob, and himself.

But instead of apologizing to Gary for not listening to him, Spongebob STILL thinks that this was all Gary’s fault! So, he decides to take him WHEREVER he goes, thus depriving him of all the joy he rightfully deserves!

This episode infuriated me to a VERY high extent! I really HATED how Spongebob was treating Gary like that. He would not listen to him and he was too stupid to even think that Puffy Fluffy was the monster here! Like One Coarse Meal, this episode made my day bad. I could not stop thinking about this horrid episode! After watching it, I LITERALLY wanted to put my fist through the TV screen! Yes, it’s THAT bad!

I really hate how the writers portrayed Spongebob this way. I never saw Spongebob as stupid! I see him as this naive minded person who actually HAS a brain! This episode just makes him look awful, plus it’s pretty much a Gary torture fest (which, to me, is worse than Squidward torture). In this awful episode, Spongebob didn’t seem to care that Gary was about to be eaten by that monster. He only cared that Gary treated it with respect! Spongebob was so awful, neglectful, and oblivious to the point where it made me want to punch him (and this is the only time I wanted to)! This episode was nothing but a complete disaster scene, making it the Worst Spongebob Episode of all time!

Well, that’s my top 20 worst Spongebob episodes! Hope you all enjoyed it! At some point, I’ll make a top 10 BEST episodes list and I might even make a top 20 worst episodes list, FAN EDITION! Please comment and rate and tell me if you’re really looking forward to it!

I almost forgot! Since you all may be disappointed in the ending for A Pal For Gary, there is a fan fiction (made by someone else) that says what should’ve happened in the end. Enjoy!

http://www.fanfictio...lternate-Ending

• Like 1

I'm glad Atlantis SquarePants wasn't #1. The most underrated SpongeBob episode. I hated A Pal for Gary but It's not my #1. Mine is Pets or Pests. Great list in my opinion. I wonder why Squid's Visit and Boating Buddies wasn't on the list. There are worse than Squid Wood in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm glad Atlantis SquarePants wasn't #1. The most underrated SpongeBob episode. I hated A Pal for Gary but It's not my #1. Mine is Pets or Pests. Great list in my opinion. I wonder why Squid's Visit and Boating Buddies wasn't on the list. There are worse than Squid Wood in my opinion.

I agree. The first time I watched the Atlantian one I didn't see any problems with it (except for the video game scene with the giant nose).

Pet or Pests wasn't too bad in my opinion, but it was kinda gross.

Squid's Visit was alright because I do like episodes with a dark/twisted feel to them.

As for Boating Buddies, that one wasn't too bad either. I did find Spongebob's face kinda funny (though disturbing). I actually can't stare at that face without wanting to laugh!

As for Squid Wood, that one sucks, but I don't really HATE it. The true hate started at Number 18 (Penny Foolish).

One Coarse Meal is nowhere near as terrible as it's made out to be, even though Mr. Krabs wanting Plankton to kill himself was SICK. That's the only thing I really didn't like about it. A Pal For Gary is a good choice for number #1, it's just so freaking annoying... Nice list overall.

• Like 1

How is that not substantial reason to think it terrible?

Well to be fair, the scene where it was revealed Mr. Krabs actually was trying to get Plankton to kill himself was only like a minute long. The scenes where Plankton was being scared were delightfully freaky to me.