• Advertisement

Gordok's Bottom 20 Spongebob Episodes

I actually liked Nautical Novice, Demolotion Doofus and Gone but these episodes has problems too. Even though, Mr. Krabs got what he deserved at the end of The Cent of Money, I really felt bad for Gary in this episode and that's why I didn't likle this episode.

• Like 1

Plankton's regular?

I think #5 is Plankton's Regular

Both of you are correct!

Number 5: Plankton’s Regular

You know, when episodes like this show up, we start to look at the main antagonist, Plankton, and we actually start to really feel sorry for the tiny cyclops.

One day at the Chum Bucket, Plankton is lamenting about how much of a failure he is when a fish named Nat Peterson comes in. Plankton tell him to go away and Nat replies by saying that he only came here because he wanted to try one of Plankton’s chum sticks. Surprised, Plankton gives him one of the chum sticks.

He’s even more surprised when Nat compliments his food. He seems to like Plankton’s food so much that he decides to come to the chum bucket on a daily basis, as Plankton’s regular (just like the name of the episode)! So, Plankton goes to the Krusty Krab and he rubs it in Krabs’ face, which is pretty amusing to watch.

Mr. Krabs doesn’t believe him at first, but after seeing that one of the townspeople likes Plankton’s food, he becomes upset. And then, he becomes paranoid because he thinks that his restaurant will probably fail because of this. Come on! You have almost every person in Bikini Bottom eating at YOUR restaurant! At least feel happy for Plankton that he finally has someone who likes his food!

But of course, he doesn’t do that. Instead, he tries his hardest to get Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab. After many, many, MANY failed attempts, Krabs decides to try and steal Plankton’s secret formula (he brings Spongebob with him)!

Soon enough, Plankton catches Krabs and Spongebob in the act and laughs at the irony of the fact that it’s KRABS that’s trying to steal Plankton’s secret formula (since it’s normally in reverse)! And then, Nat comes in. And this is where it REALLY starts to fall downhill.

Plankton thinks that Nat is coming for another meal, but it turns out that Nat actually hates chum. He hates it and now he is being carried away by two paramedics (since he has to get his stomach pumped, twice).

Plankton asks what’s going on and Karen jumps in to explain. Basically, Karen paid Nat to eat Plankton’s food (and pretend he likes it) so that Plankton would quit lamenting so much. Because of this, Plankton starts sobbing at the fact that it was all a lie. And the episode ends with Krabs laughing at Plankton’s misery.

Mr. Krabs: Well, this irony is pretty good stuff! [laughs]

This is yet ANOTHER example of how selfish Mr. Krabs can be. First, he spends an ENTIRE episode searching for a penny. Then, he abuses Gary just to get his hands on some loose change. And now he tries to make sure that his sad, miserable rival can’t have one customer, not ONE customer? Plankton was so miserable that it probably meant a lot to him that one customer would finally like his food! It’s really upsetting for him to see that this whole thing was an absolute lie. I really felt sorry for Plankton in this episode. If only this was the last “Mr. Krabs is a jerk” episode on this list. And if only Plankton would just find something else to do other than try to sell chum or try to steal the formula.

HInt for next episode: I can't swallow the ice cream

• Like 1

I liked Plankton's Regular. Even though Mr. Krabs was really annoying by not letting Plankton have even a single customer, they had to come up with some kind of conflict for the plot of the episode to work.

Number 4: Stuck in the Wringer

The first time I watched this episode, I knew that it was one of the worst!

The episode begins with Spongebob getting out of his shower before accidentally dropping the soap (don’t laugh), slipping on it, and getting stuck in his wringer. Patrick visits because he wants his lost rubber ducky back. And, not surprisingly, HE is the cause of this conflict! When Spongebob asks Patrick to get him out, Patrick stupidly misunderstands and decides to glue Spongebob to his wringer (with forever glue).

This proves to be a problem for Spongebob, as he has to get to work (for one thing). While at the Krusty Krab, Spongebob tries to work his way around the wringer but it proves to be a bigger obstacle than he thought, since it only causes mass chaos.

Once he gets kicked out, Patrick tries to cheer up Spongebob with some ice cream, but it turns out Spongebob can’t swallow the ice cream with his wringer in the way. So, Patrick decides to take him to the carnival to cheer him up, but that only makes him more miserable (because of the wringer again).

Here’s where it starts to fall downhill! Spongebob sees that Patrick is getting all the joy (I.e. getting a 1st place badge, a plush seahorse, and even some cotton candy. Patrick is really excited.), so he snaps at him.

Patrick: Hey pal, want some of my cotton candy? They gave it to me when I won the dart tournament. I got this too! [shows off his ribbon] Check it out!

SpongeBob: That's nice, Patrick, but I don't want any cotton candy.

Patrick: Well, have some. It'll make you feel better.

SpongeBob: [his patience has run out] I said I don't want any! [turns and knocks it onto the ground]

Patrick: You ruined my cotton candy!

SpongeBob: Good! Maybe now you know how I feel about you ruining my life!

Ball Toss Vendor: Check it out! Public fight!

Other Vendor: Working at the carnival sure has its perks. [crowd gathers around SpongeBob and Patrick]

SpongeBob: I have never felt so ashamed.

Patrick: What do you mean?

SpongeBob: If it wasn't for your Forever Glue, I wouldn't be stuck in this thing.

Patrick: I was only trying to help.

SpongeBob: [shouts] Help?! I think you've helped quite enough today. [This is the exact same thing Mr. Krabs said earlier]

Patrick: Okay, if that's how you feel... I won't help you anymore! [runs off sobbing]

Okay, as good as it felt to see Spongebob slap some sense into Patrick, the good feeling goes away when this happens. After Spongebob chews out Patrick, the crowd then chews out Spongebob for being fierce towards Patrick. Wait. Patrick disables Spongebob and selfishly puts his joy before his best friend’s pain and Spongebob is not allowed to yell at him for that? Butt out townspeople!

Later, Patrick tries to give Spongebob the cold shoulder but he can’t resist. He hurries towards Spongebob’s house only to find that he’s sitting at the TV (staring at static), hearing things in his head. Patrick feels ashamed of himself and he sheds a tear. His tear then rolls down into Spongebob’s wringer, allowing Spongebob’s arm to be let free!

·  SpongeBob: Patrick! Your tears! They're melting the glue! Keep crying! I'll do the same and maybe I can slip out of this thing! [both start crying, and all of the glue melts off. He then pulls himself out of the wringer] Look! It worked!

·  SpongeBob and Patrick: All right! [spongeBob throws the wringer up in the air]

Once they both get the wringer off, we then get yet another one of the worst endings in Spongebob history!

- SpongeBob: I guess crying does solve your problems after all. Come here, buddy!

That’s the message they are going for. WHY?!

[spongeBob and Patrick hug. The wringer falls down, trapping SpongeBob and Patrick in it]

Patrick: Well, at least we're together! Heh. Hey, should I get the glue?

Crying solves almost none of your problems! I’ve cried a lot as a kid and that did NOT solve anything!  Honestly, this would’ve made a really good episode! But that (Spongebob saying that crying solves your problems), that just MURDERED IT! Let’s move on before I put my fist through my monitor. Yes, it’s THAT bad!

Hint for the next episode: Secrets will be revealed

• Like 1

I'm also one of the few who liked Stuck in the Wringer. I'll never understand why so many people thought the "moral" was meant to be taken seriously...it was just a joke.

Well, if it was a joke, then I don't see the humor within it.

I think I didn't like Stuck in a Wringer too. #3 is The Great Patty Caper or Patty Caper?

The Great Patty Caper was bad, but not really bottom 20 worthy. And Patty Caper at the very least, had a good ending.

Number 3: Little Yellow Book

Alright, to kick off the final 3, we have Little Yellow Book.

In this episode, Spongebob is hiding something (at work) and Squidward is curious to know what it is. After quite a few attempts, Squidward eventually finds what Spongebob is keeping secret; his diary!

Upon seeing this, he sneaks the diary to the cash register and he starts to read it. And the entries seem so hilarious to him that he starts laughing out loud. And soon enough, Squidward starts reading the diary to everyone, I mean EVERYONE at the Krusty Krab.

Eventually Spongebob finds out and he is very upset, so upset that he starts shedding tears. And, the citizens of Bikini Bottom start shunning Squidward because of it. And, you know how Squidward reacts? Huh? Instead of feeling guilty or feeling the slightest bit of shame, he actually starts laughing and smiling at Spongebob’s misery! Ok, I knew Squidward was a bit mean, but I didn’t think he was THAT mean!

After this, Squidward starts experiencing unfortunate events. He doesn’t get to ride the taxi. No one wants to talk to him now (who would?). And he even loses his own house! When Squidward sleeps on a bench, the police come and they recognize him as the diary reader. So, they lock him in the stocks where people can throw tomatoes at him.

When Spongebob sees Squidward, Squidward tries to apologize for reading his diary. Spongebob replies by saying that he forgives him and that the diary he read was only his work diary (if Squidward read his personal diary, which Spongebob brought with him, then that would be REALLY embarrassing). Apparently, the work diary was so comical that Spongebob decided to publish it.

The townspeople continued to throw tomatoes at Squidward. And, when Spongebob tried to tell them that he forgave Squidward for his actions, one of the townspeople point out that Squidward is actually reading Spongebob’s personal diary! Spongebob starts to tear up again, but Squidward laughs hysterically, saying this: “I don’t care! This is sooooo worth it!”

Now, in Fools in April, Squidward played a very mean prank on Spongebob, which caused Spongebob to cry and run home.  After that, Squidward actually started to feel guilty, even ashamed of himself to the point where he tried to apologize. In that episode, Squidward actually showed remorse because he made Spongebob very upset. In this episode however, Squidward acts like a heartless jerk who doesn’t give a darn whether Spongebob sobs or not. This upset me (as well as other Squidward fans) because Squidward is way out of character. He’s not the cynical, realistic guy who, at least, has a heart. Instead, he’s this evil, heartless jerk who shows a vast amount of sadism (because he laughs at Spongebob being sad). This isn’t the kind of character we all favor and admire! The writers should really be ashamed of themselves for making this episode and I hope that they don’t make another one like that again.

Hint for next episode: Fear of an attacker

• Like 2

Little Yellow Book wasn't bad but It wasn't good either. There were some funny parts in this episode but Squidward was mean in this episode. I would like that episode, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary. Even though I felt bad for Squidward sometimes, I hate Squidward now. I hated him in this episode more than in "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob?".  #2 is SpongeBob Meets the Strangler?

• Like 1

Little Yellow Book wasn't bad but It wasn't good either. There were some funny parts in this episode but Squidward was mean in this episode. I would like that episode, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary. Even though I felt bad for Squidward sometimes, I hate Squidward now. I hated him in this episode more than in "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob?".  #2 is SpongeBob Meets the Strangler?

It's not Spongebob Meets the Strangler. Another hint: You are afraid something is going to EAT you!

One Coarse Meal

You are correct!

Number 2: One Coarse Meal

Remember when I said that there are episodes that make you look at Plankton and feel sorry for him? Well, THIS is the epitome of that! I don’t even know where to start! Oh, I know. How about this? Whoever made Mr. Krabs into a soulless beast needs to be sacked immediately! This is where I lost all respect for Mr. Krabs whatsoever. This is the episode that made me wonder who I should be siding with.

The episode begins with Plankton carrying out another one of his Krabby Patty stealing schemes (and he traps Krabs and Spongebob while he’s at it), until Pearl shows up. Upon seeing her, he becomes so freaked out that he runs out of the room, which shows us that Plankton is afraid of whales, because a pack once ate his ancestors and now he thinks that he’s next.

Upon learning this, Mr. Krabs decides to dress up as Pearl and scare Plankton out of his mind. Now, he doesn’t do it a couple times then reveal himself. No. Instead, he decides to scare him 24/7 (even out of his own house) to the point where Plankton can’t feel safe anywhere. He has been suffering from paranoia, fear, and insanity for 16 DAYS! Poor Plankton.

And then we get treated to his nightmares, which involve him being eaten and digested by an evil-looking Pearl. Although it looks all cartoony, it actually is a really graphic scene considering that the imagination is powerful, powerful enough to fill the gaps of what’s really happening.

The next day, Planktons decides he can’t take it anymore and you know what he does? Do you? Well, he thinks that there’s no point in moving on (living in case you didn’t know) so he decides to lie in the street and get purposely get run over! I wish I was kidding! Plankton is so scared and paranoid that he decides to end himself so he won’t feel anymore terror. Already this episode feels like an R-rated horror movie! That’s right. The writers actually decided to make such a dark episode that it’s unbelievable. If this show was supposed to be dark, then I wouldn’t be all that surprised. But this is SPONGEBOB! A show that’s supposed to make us laugh, not make us despressed.

And when Spongebob arrives, Plankton asks him to STEP on him as hard as he can! But, it’s against Spongebob’s nature. Learning that Plankton is lying in the street, waiting to get squashed, Spongebob goes to alert Mr. Krabs. And this has got to be the worst part of the episode! Mr. Krabs actually says this: “*laughs* Hah! He’s a mess!”

That right there just made my day depressing! Mr. Krabs actually is happy (or just doesn’t care) that Plankton is about to kill himself. Instead of feeling the slightest bit of guilt and shame, he actually laughs at Plankton’s misery. And, to add insult to injury, Mr. Krabs and Plankton were actually once best friends, from the time they were babies! And their golden friendship ended all because of MONEY! What happened? Do you not care about the good times you had together? Do you not care about the fact that you were closer than two peas in a pod when you were kids? Do you hate Plankton SO much that you don’t care if he suffers and kills himself? This really made me lose all respect I had left for Mr. Krabs. He’s not the money hungry guy who at least cares about others. No! Instead, he’s the money hungry, soulless beast who cares about no one but himself and is a total sadist!

Anyways, since Krabs doesn’t give a darn, Spongebob reveals to Plankton that the whale was actually Krabs in disguise. And he even tells him Krabs’ greatest fear; mimes. Huh. I thought his greatest fear was being forced to give away money.

Spongebob and Plankton set up a trap for Krabs and scare him out of his mind with a dancing mime. So, Plankton can get his justified payback, until Spongebob betrays him. Spongebob sets up a projector screen showing a large swarm of whales outside the Krusty Krab. This makes Plankton scared and he goes through a nail hole in the floor (back to the Chum Bucket). Why? Why couldn’t you side with Plankton for once?

This really made my day sad because I could only think about that cruel episode. It was cruel, awful, depressing, and one of the darkest episodes in Spongebob history. This made me hate Mr. Krabs and it also made me wonder who the antagonist of the show REALLY is.

Okay, now that I have listed 19 awful episodes, I am going to take a little break from it now. During my break time, I want you all to try and guess what Number 1 might be! Think hard! I’ll give you a hint: I found you a new friend!

• Like 1