• Advertisement

Changes You Would Make to Nickelodeon

Clappy

- Bring Danny Phantom and Invader Zim back

Less than zero percent chance that's happening. Danny Phantom had a legitimate ending (something most shows, especially cartoons, don't get) and Invader Zim wasn't grabbing the demographic Nickelodeon aims for (...and it's been off the air for a decade). Besides, both creators are off doing other projects (Butch Hartman on TUFF Puppy, Jhonen Vasquez on... Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja?). Reruns would be perfectly fine with me, but new episodes aren't ever happening.

• Like 1

Eh. I think Fairly Oddparents started going rapidly downhill after Poof came into the picture, but to each his own.

I was getting bored of FOP before Poof (don't even really see what the problem with him is), and I don't even like the early episodes of the show that much. Sorry.

You know  what I would do? I'd make Nickelodeon a king again. And this is how I'd do it:

1. Burn off dead programs. This is probably Nick's biggest problem. They keep so many things on hiatus that people just forget about them.

This is the current count of episodes left:

• Fanboy and Chum Chum (1 episode; make a stealth premiere at 7am on Nick or ship it off to Nicktoons)
  • Robot and Monster (4 episodes; can be easially  taken  care of with a premiere week)
  • Penguins (4.5 episodes; strip out with another  premiere week, with the final new one being 1/2 new/1/2  re-run)
  • TUFF Puppy (27 episodes (after August premiere week);  Either strip all out with premiere weeks or strip out 5 S2 epi. with premiere week, 2 S2 episodes on  Saturdays, and move S3 to  Nicktoons)
  • Kung Fu Panda (Unknown Amount; Strip Them Out with premiere weeks)

2. Give Shows More of A Chance. Nick really needs to have more faith in their shows, which they're getting  better at, but still.

3. Do Not Get Anymore Aquirred Programming. It's clear that Nick has no faith in them. Power Rangers Megaforce should be moved to Nicktoons  and continue premieres there. Digimon Fusion (if non-popular)  should  also be  sent  to  Nicktoons. Rocket Monkeys should go to Nicktoons, Get Blake (I think that's aquirred), same  deal with Digimon Fusion. Awesomeness TV can finish on Nick, but get burned off immediately.

4. Create a Sunday  2h. Girls Oriented Programming Block. Winx Club has potential, and the Barbie and Monster  High  films show potential.  Nick needs to make a  deal with  Mattel to co-produce  Barbie and Monster High programs and put them with an hour of  Winx Club Sunday mornings.

5. Reboot  nick@nite. It needs a reboot to compete.  First, I'd get rid of the off-the-clock scheduling it has. It's stupid  and  pointless. Then, I'd get  rid of licenses to Yes, Dear and My Wife and Kids. 2nd, I'd make 8pm-11pm family programming. Full House can keep 1 slot at 8  to set the mood. Then, inter-change The Nanny, and nick@nite original family sitcoms with classic Nicktoons. Then at 11pm-1am, air a nick@nite version of The 90's Are All That, showcasing classic Nick sitcoms and some Nicktoons. Then at 1am-5am, air more raunchier programming, including George Lopez,  Friends, new AS-like programming, hell throw South Park and Futurama in from Comedy Central. Then, set the kids mood again with an hour of classic Nicktoons from 5-6am. Sundays would include premieres of nick@nite original family sitcoms, such as See  Dad Run and  Wendall  and Vinnie, followed by a Sunday night movie. Thursdays would include premieres of AS-like programming to compete with [adult swim].

6. Bring back Nick Jr. The preschool programming is an honest mess without it, so  why  not? Slap it with a new mascot too.

7. BETTER SCHEDULING. Nick needs to stop taking hiatuses and making last minute changes.

8.  Cross-promote with Nick's other channels. Put some Nicktoons programming on Sundays and during the week, place some special Nick Jr. channel programming on the Nick Jr. block, and maybe include some TeenNick programs with nick@nite. Heavilly promote the channels during this special programming.

9. Create a Saturday morning Nicktoons block with  special bumpers.

10. Create new bumpers similar to the style of classic Nick.

And that's my ideas on how to run Nickelodeon. The right way.  ;)

• Like 3

TUFF Puppy (27 episodes (after August premiere week);  Either strip all out with premiere weeks or strip out 5 S2 epi. with premiere week, 2 S2 episodes on  Saturdays, and move S3 to  Nicktoons)

I don't want season 3 episodes to premire in Nicktoons

Fix scheduling, fix scheduling, fix scheduling. I can not stress this enough. Most channels aimed torwards kids usually have a new episode of some of their programming about every week. Nick stretches this out for a month, most of the time. Also, as much of a fan of it as I am, Nick really needs to air some more stuff that isn't SpongeBob. Granted, I wouldn't really watch it much, but still. nick@nite is a complete waste and instead is just bad direct-to-DVD movies and dead sitcom reruns. Things like adult swim on the other hand have stuff like popular FOX sitcoms (which still have life in them), some shows people care about, and Toonami on Saturdays, which was a 90s hit and is still pretty popular. Do something with nick@nite. If they did, they'd probably toss it and just put SB reruns in it's place.

also please get rid of Full House, dear God that show is a depressing waste of life

• Like 1

They live from SpongeBob. They make money from SpongeBob. They steal Krabby Patties from SpongeBob. They get inspiration from SpongeBob.

That's why they should make SpongeBob episodes air faster.