• Advertisement

Changes You Would Make to Nickelodeon

Clappy

So all these worst/best Disney, worst/best CN, etc. has me thinking.  What changes would you guys make to Nickelodeon?  I am curious since Nickelodeon is definitely falling in ratings these days and it wouldn't surprise me if most of the suggestions are about animated programming...but hey, let's give this topic a shot anyway. :P

air more spongebob episodes since well spongebob RUNS nick. cancel monsters vs aliens leave that for the movies, get ride of the crappy live action shows except for BTR(its actually funny) and bring back some old animated shows and get some new animated GOOD shows

• Like 1

Fire the braindead dumbass scheduling monkey that thinks it makes sense to sit on entire Seasons of shows and then burn them off in deathslots or in crappy premiere weeks. I'd also, y'know, let a show last more than one season if it doesn't do gangbusters out of the gate. Nickelodeon is one of the worst-run channels in recent memory.

• Like 4

Like I'm sure others have said before, I'd like to see more consistent airing with their shows. I can understand hiatuses, but their "hiatuses" seem too long. Also Nick needs Breadwinners to air soon. <3

Make new bumpers! Specifically ones that give a classic Nick feel. Because this:

Ain't cuttin' it. That just annoys me.

Have you seen the new bumper for the Krusty Krab? I swear it's somethng out of early post movie seasons.

stop with the live action, take Robot and Monster, TUFF Puppy, and other shows out of their dramatic hiatuses.  IN AUGUST IS THE FIRST NEW EPISODE OF A SHOW THE ENTIRE YEAR WHEN IT PREMIERED YEARS BEFORE THAT IS JUST AWFUL AND NO EXCUSE IS GOOD FOR IT

• Like 1

- Age up the programming (ie: stop catering almost exclusively to the 9 year old and younger demographic; I get that that's where they're comfortable, but it's not helping anything)

- Cut back on Dan Schneider

- Have consistent airing schedules provided they have all the episodes ready (if they don't have episodes to air, you can't get mad at them for not airing new ones)

- Take risks with programming (ie: stop falling back on Spongebob, stop ordering the same kind of cartoon just in different styles [A:TLA/Korra are the exceptions to this rule])

My suggestion? Get rid of all the garbage live-action reruns plaguing Nick at Nite and revamp it completely. Make it their own version of Adult Swim. Order a slew of teenager-oriented programming; heavy action and PG comedy cartoons. Fill up the rest of the timeslots with old cartoon reruns that have lasting appeal; My Life as a Teenage Robot, Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, all the good stuff that teenagers nowadays grew up with. Bring back Oh Yeah! Cartoons and classic shorts; hell, make new shorts. Use the chunk of time they have to experiment with indie cartoons, but with a Nickelodeon twist on it. 

• Like 6

Speaking of Unlimitedcha's suggestion through her point of shows being on hiatus, this bugs me, considering that's it's some kind of family tradition now, A PATTERN!:

-Invader ZIM: Yeah I know, it was claimed to be "cancelled," but yet again, it had remaining episodes to be aired, and where did it go? Nicktoons Network, before the super-duper-ultra-2009-makeover.

-ChalkZone: Was it cancelled? We didn't know until, for some reason, Nickelodeon didn't air the last remainder of episodes for after THREE YEARS it last aired a new episode. This time, the show was finished on Nickelodeon.

-All Grown Up!: Same for ChalkZone on how it was finished in its own network. It went on hiatus for about a couple years, even after Klasky Csupo stated that production was over. It aired a handful of new episodes in 2007. It officially ended its completed run in 2008.

-My Life as a Teenage Robot: Had the same ridiculous gap as ChalkZone, and took THREE YEARS to air Season 3 while Asia already ended its run. This time, the show was finished in Nicktoons Network, yet again, had the chance to re-air on Nickelodeon with its Season 3 episodes, but still.

-Mr. Meaty: Yeah I know, we don't care about this show anymore, but it's a prime victim anyways. Ended on Nickelodeon on March 2007, came back to Nicktoons Network on December 2008.

-Back at the Barnyard: Remember Paging Dr. Filly? That episode didn't until after two years. But that's not the important part. It went on hiatus by 2010 before ended up on Nicktoons to finish its episodes in 2011.

-The Mighty B!: It went on hiatus on Nickelodeon on February 2011. It started airing its remaining episodes in December of that year, and guess where it headed off to! NICKTOONS!

-Fanboy and Chum Chum: Pretty much went on hiatus for a while, but this time, it ended on Nickelodeon. It had a February-October gap. The episode order is confusing enough for me though.

-Planet Sheen: Went on hiatus for months until fans voted to air a couple of new episodes on August 2011. It was still on hiatus up until airing new episodes again on May 2012 on Nicktoons....where the rest of the animated shows end up....TO DIE!

-Spongebob Squarepants: As understandable as it is, the show went on hiatus during broadcast due to production of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

-The Fairly Odd Parents: Went on a year long hiatus in 2007, before airing Fairly Odd Baby in 2008. Again in 2012, it went on ANOTHER year long hiatus, before airing new episodes in 2013.

-Penguins of Madagascar: It seems to be having a good run. Coming from me, I've had a hard time catching up with this show and- (goes to Wikipedia whereas it claims that the show is currently on hiatus). Yep, now it's on hiatus.

-T.U.F.F. Puppy: Had a fair run until October 2012 where it last aired its new episode until coming back as of right now to air new episodes again in August.

Somebody ought to change the title to these cartoon shows to "Hiatustoons."  But you know, I've got an idea, unlike how it's live-action shows are treated like "royalty" and have a fair run for its own episodes (unless you're The Troop), how about giving Nicktoons the same fair share, unless there's a understandable reason behind these "hiatuses."

• Like 9

In the defense of Fairly Odd Parents: That light switch has been going on/off for who knows how long. One day it's cancelled, the next it's airing new episodes. It's more to do with the production team of the show than Nickelodeon. The live-action movie was supposed to be the finale, and then they just did more crap anyway.

All the other shows, yeah, dunno what to say about them. Networks screw around with scheduling all the time and I don't really know why.

• Like 3

In the defense of Fairly Odd Parents: That light switch has been going on/off for who knows how long. One day it's cancelled, the next it's airing new episodes. It's more to do with the production team of the show than Nickelodeon. The live-action movie was supposed to be the finale, and then they just did more crap anyway.

All the other shows, yeah, dunno what to say about them. Networks screw around with scheduling all the time and I don't really know why.

Fairly Oddparents is not crap but the Live-Action movie was crap