• Advertisement

ask nuggets. please. my wife left me

Young Nug

3 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

tho, i don't view roseanne's tweet in any sort of political light (i made that obvious in my status, mainly to avoid bias), it's still a poor "joke" on its own?

it's not even a joke at all

"this looks like this haha" 

3 hours ago, Cha♡ said:

damn brotha who (was) ur wife tho?

she has asked I keep her identity secret bc she was so embarrassed to be w/ me u feel

17 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

exactly my point?

like, how is that a joke? that's anti-humor

yeh

10 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

the best part is that she made an attempt at blaming some drug, and the company tweeted that racism isn't a side effect of their medicine :Laugh:

Ambien the GOAT for that lmao

On 6/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Ambien? REALLY? She's trying to cover her ass that way? :hysterical:

If you read closely on the ambien bottle it does indeed include racism as a side effect 

listening to speedin bullet on prez's recommendation

It's like In Utero in a lot of ways (in that they're noisy, abrasive albums that are far removed from what their respective artists are known for). But there are a wide margin of differences between them. While you could consider In Utero to be self-indulgent, what saves it is that Kurt Cobain's melodic, poppy songwriting still shines through, and that while it was intended to drive away the fanbase that came with Nevermind, it became a fan favorite (to the point where a lot of Nirvana fans like myself consider it better than that album. Speedin' Bullet, on the other hand, is just self-indulgent and had the opposite effect: it not only drove away Cudi's fanbase, it has very little saving graces (the only reason I like it is due to the alt-rock vibe it has), and it was very negatively recieved?

12 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

listening to speedin bullet on prez's recommendation

It's like In Utero in a lot of ways (in that they're noisy, abrasive albums that are far removed from what their respective artists are known for). But there are a wide margin of differences between them. While you could consider In Utero to be self-indulgent, what saves it is that Kurt Cobain's melodic, poppy songwriting still shines through, and that while it was intended to drive away the fanbase that came with Nevermind, it became a fan favorite (to the point where a lot of Nirvana fans like myself consider it better than that album. Speedin' Bullet, on the other hand, is just self-indulgent and had the opposite effect: it not only drove away Cudi's fanbase, it has very little saving graces (the only reason I like it is due to the alt-rock vibe it has), and it was very negatively recieved?

Regardless of the sound of the album you just don’t go from making dreamy, moody hip hop with rock influences to badly imitating Nirvana on an album with Beavis and Butthead interludes 

it was just never gonna work. Cudi is just as unique as Nirvana and trying to imitate them was just like... you already have your own style. Why are you doing this 

Adventures didn’t totally fucking suck though 

10 hours ago, PatBack said:

where the hell did your genius emanate from

my genius?

8 minutes ago, Young Nug said:

Regardless of the sound of the album you just don’t go from making dreamy, moody hip hop with rock influences to badly imitating Nirvana on an album with Beavis and Butthead interludes 

it was just never gonna work. Cudi is just as unique as Nirvana and trying to imitate them was just like... you already have your own style. Why are you doing this 

Adventures didn’t totally fucking suck though 

Exactly my point. The entire album is like if Cudi blended In Utero-era Nirvana with Butthole Surfers and other alt-rock acts into a poor man's imitation?

I finished Atlanta season 2 today and I thought it was even better than the first season. I loved getting to know more of Alfred and Darius (that mansion episode man, it gave me chills) and I really felt Earn had an interesting character arc this season considering all episodes of the show are episodic in a way. 2x1 (alligator man!), 2x6 (mainly for the second half, first half was really slow), 2x8 and 2x10 are my favorite episodes in the entire series thus far. Definitely worth the wait and I hope third season will get even better?

ARR, me lad what be yer opinion on the flawless and totally replayable album known as Scum Fuck Flower Boy? (Which this ol’ soft shell recommends the live concert version as well, one of the best concerts this old man has ever laid his eyes on.)

On 6/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Exactly my point. The entire album is like if Cudi blended In Utero-era Nirvana with Butthole Surfers and other alt-rock acts into a poor man's imitation?

Yeah, it was just a misguided attempt at music that I'm disappointed Mike Judge cosigned

On 6/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, Space Cowboy said:

did you listen to rocky's album

Not in full because Distorted Records hyped me up and then every track after I was terminally bored with lol

On 6/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, Master WhoBruh said:

I finished Atlanta season 2 today and I thought it was even better than the first season. I loved getting to know more of Alfred and Darius (that mansion episode man, it gave me chills) and I really felt Earn had an interesting character arc this season considering all episodes of the show are episodic in a way. 2x1 (alligator man!), 2x6 (mainly for the second half, first half was really slow), 2x8 and 2x10 are my favorite episodes in the entire series thus far. Definitely worth the wait and I hope third season will get even better?

Glad you finished! Teddy Perkins and Aligator Man were definitely highlights, but I also was in love with Helen, Money Bag Shawty, North of the Border and the finale. Surprised you liked FUBU lol. It wasn't bad to me, just felt sort of out of place even though it made sense in the narrative. But Donald said Season 3 is gonna be like the show's version of Graduation so I'm v fucking hyped

On 6/20/2018 at 12:37 PM, Eugene Krabs said:

ARR, me lad what be yer opinion on the flawless and totally replayable album known as Scum Fuck Flower Boy? (Which this ol’ soft shell recommends the live concert version as well, one of the best concerts this old man has ever laid his eyes on.)

lol I don't know who runs this account but yeah Flower Boy is awesome, if just for the fact that it feels like Tyler finally realized the musical aspirations he had ever since he was rapping about murder and rape and shit over industrial Neptunes influenced beats nearly a decade ago. The jazzy lush production on the shit is fucking amazing, and the lyrical content is like a compilation of all of his best verses and a culmination of everything that's been building since Wolf - everything about it just works

what live concert version are you talking about 

10 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

have you ever considered doing a song in the style of early beach boys?

considering I don't play guitar and can't sing for shit and am just now learning how to play the ukulele I don't think that's something that's happening anytime soon lol