• Advertisement

Hating Spongebob due to... logic?

Macseed

There's this fanfic I read. Well, actually, it was just a list on fanfiction.net. It was reasons why a user hated Spongebob. Most of his reason is flawed (Krabs is cheap because he endorses fast food. Wait, what?), and some of his reasons are dumb (He hates Old Man Jenkins.) but the thing that aggravates me is... you guessed it! He hates the show because of logic. IT'S A CARTOON. Needless to say, most of the reviews are negative. But ugh. Yes, I know he's a troll, but it seems like people agree with some of the things. Like they hate how a whale is related to a crab. Is this guy 5? What do you think? Would you hate a show because "They eat food that miraculously survives an explosion that landed on the ground"?

How about "They'd take money that was lying on the ground, even though it wasn't theirs"?

If his opinions could be so unreasonably dumb, I wonder how bad his actual fanfics, "Trilogy of Doom," could be. I'll write my response later.

More like "Trilogy of Dumb". This guy sounds unspeakably stupid.

"It glamorizes the fast food industry"

MR. KRABS IS A TYRANT AND SPONGEBOB IS A CLUELESS SYCOPHANT IN MANY OF KRABS' SCHEMES. Not to mention people don't have to eat fast food if they don't want to.

From what I gathered though, the reaction to that list was mostly negative. Many of the recent reviews are pointing out the lack of logic in his reasoning.

HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

A panda riding a rocking horse? No wonder he hates you OMJ.

All joking aside, the fact this guy hates SpongeBob due to logic, shows how he needs to stop taking cartoons so seriously. Maybe he hates Phineas and Ferb due to an overlong summer vacation or Fairly Oddparents due to the existence of fairy godparents in the first place.

• Like 7

That was so great, I'm going to go through every single reason.

's motives - I have watched the show since day one and the only character I liked was Plankton, here we have a guy who is evil, possibly the only character with a legit Degree and had high-tech machinery. The only problem is what he did with them, he was trying to steal a recipe, for a burger! Dude, just take over a government and get some dignity.

How about you take over decent spelling and grammar and get some dignity.

man Jenkins - This was constantly used for an old character that served no purpose whatsoever. If that wasn't bad enough, that was a name for a Scooby doo character.

"Scooby doo character." Damn, I laughed hard.

physics – OK, think back to the first episode. The mutant cheese-block tries to exercise with two stuffed bunnies. In a few later episodes HE CARRIES A LEAF-BLOWER THAT LOOKED LIKE IT WEIGHED 100LBS! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? In the episode where he wanted to fly he flies like a rocket but in "Rock Bottom" he can't try that? This is one factor you all find stupid, right?

HOW DARE A CARTOON NOT FOLLOW PHYSICS HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

's unnecessary misery – This I never got. Squidward is suppose to be the most miserable person ever. If he hates it, why endure it? If he hates his neighbours, why not move? If he hates his job, why not quit? Heck, he gets fired multiple times and he STILL works there! Maybe he's a Sadist? MAKES SENCE!

Oh crap, Squidward is fully aware of the show's status quo. He knows too much.

men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg

"MAKES SENCE!" lolwut

size ratios – You may have noticed this. Almost every character is the same hight. Exhibit A:Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, if they are suppose to be human, why not be human size? I doubt they'd be born that big. Exhibit B: Pearl and Don the Whale. They are suppose to be whales. And they can't outsize a Pineapple... cheese, its as good an answer as any!

HAHAHAHAHAHA what

's constant self-illusion of being a man. - Kids, here's a secret: FULL GROWN MEN DO NOT ACT THIS CHILDISH! Spongebob constantly refers himself as a man, but he skips, he blows bubbles, he even goes "EEEEEEEEEE". He can't man up if he tried folks.

I love how he refers to the readers, as if anybody still cares by now.

Man and Barnacle Boy – It sucks when two of the lamest heroes are being ripped off, but when they rip off two of the greatest heroes as well?! That is two far! And the fact that they're old and as tiny as sardines, I lost all faith.

HOW DARE PEOPLE BE OLD? What has this world come to?!

"two far!" I'm not one to be a Grammar Nazi, but damn :lol:

Patties are "healthy"- Spongebob says they are good. But Squidward said it best "a heart attack on a bun." Next!

Let's just write tl;dr next to this quote and it sums up the whole list.

and Spongebob's intelligence levels – They never take a hint, they always jump to conclusions and they think life is a sissy game. MUST I GO ON?

No, for the love of God, please don't.

cheap Mr Krabbs is – SWEET MOTHER OF SATAN, WHERE DO I BEGIN!?

nooooooooooooo

A. He would never let go if he lost one cent.

B. He endorses fast food.

C. He impersonated a doctor

I don't recall that last one happening, and the second one is just lol.

I'm surprised he's not in the chair at this time

Better go to the electric chair for being cheap. This guy's logic is just bullet-proof.

IN THE SHOW IS AN IDIOTIC JERK! - Don't believe me? Here are the reasons why:

Is this how the fanfic is supposed to be written? With the beginning of sentences missing? Because that's what I'm seeing.

They eat food that miraculously survives an explosion that landed on the ground

lawlz

They'd take money that was lying on the ground, even though it wasn't theirs

Good thing something like this would never happen in real life.

They tease Spongebob in the flight episode and claim that he owes THEM! WHAT?!

I don't remember this episode?

They go with what's "cool" at the time even though it was made at the Chum Bucket

144702_OBJECTION.gif

They say they want to spend money

HAHAHAHA i burst a lung

They believe whatever they are told

wat

They jump to conclusions faster that the two nut-bags

Nut-bags? And also, no sentences are missing anything at the beginning anymore, so was it intentional?

Some are as cheap as Mr Krabbs

Damn fish, being cheap and what-not.

They take a joke WAY to seriously

How+About+No.jpg?1307079577

THE BECOME AN AGREY MOB ON A REGULAR BASIS!

This reminds me of an old TV.com review I once saw, where they guy talked about the show based SOLELY on the fact that there were riots and angry mobs.

Best trolling ever if I do say so myself.