• Advertisement

SBC Christmas Trivia Contests - Grand Central

Wumbo

Hi, folks! Do you like trivia? More importantly, do you like prizes? Then come on down to our Christmas trivia games!

Just be on the forums at 7:00 EST on December 1st to participate in the first one. The category is Christmas Music, and you're to name that tune (based on the lyrics).

10 questions will be asked in this thread, each of which you have 5 minutes to answer. In those 5 minutes, you must PM me or Clappy, whoever's hosting, your answer. The first 5 people to get it right within 5 minutes will win points! 5 for the first person, 4 for the second, and so on. (If only 4 get it within the time limit, it's 4 for the first, 3 for the second, etc.)

At the end, the person with the most points gets to pick out a prize from a special new feature being installed for Christmas on SBC. In the interest of fairness, the same person cannot win twice in a row.

So come on down each weekend for some Christmas trivia fun!

• Like 7

All right guys, let the Trivia contest begin! This is Name That Christmas Tune!

Rules:

-I'll post a line or two from a Christmas song. In 5 minutes, you must PM your answer to me. Just the song title is necessary, as Christmas songs have been covered many times. After I post, "Time's Up!", guesses will not be accepted, so think fast!

-The first 5 correct answers get points, descending from 5 to 1 based on who answered first. For example, if CNF, Michaelmn, jjs, OMJ, and Clappy sent in their answers in that order, CNF would get 5, michaelmn would get 4, and so on. Same deal if there's less than 5 correct answers, but 5 is the cutoff.

-At the end of the tenth question, the person with the highest total wins! They will get to pick out a special prize from Santa's Workshop.

I'll give you a little time to read this over before I post the first lyric.

All right, so 2 correct answers were received in the time limit. Sorry CNF, but it's simply Winter Wonderland, rather than Walking In a Winter Wonderland. (By the way, Internet searching is permitted, because some of these can get difficult.)

So, the scoreboard so far:

Maxwell: 2

Aquatic Nuggets: 1

Name Tune #2:

"Mix and a'mingle in the jinglin' feet"

Okay, so the answer was one of my personal favourites, Jingle Bell Rock! 2 correct answers were received within the time limit.

Scoreboard

Maxwell: 4

Aquatic Nuggets: 1

CNF: 1:

Name Tune #3:

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"