• Advertisement

Wumbo's Bottom 50 Songs of All Time

Wumbo

Funny you should say that Charick, because the #2 song is...

2. Come on a Cone - Nicki Minaj

Yeah, this is definitely the worst Minaj song, and that's saying something. First off, this beat sounds like a swarm of wasps. And that's the best part.

In the chorus, she repeats "it should come on a cone" over and over again until it doesn't even sound like it's from this planet.

And then, at around the 2:06 mark...

If you wasn't so ugly, I'd put my dick in yo' face!

Bring it on.

Ooohh-ooh, dick in your face

Put my dick in your face

Put my dick in your face, yeah yeah

Yeah yeah

Yeah yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah, yeah

Yeah-yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah, yeah

And that's how the song ends, people. What a joke. This should have been left in Minaj's warped imagination, not subjected to the innocent public. What did we ever do?

Surprisingly enough, Minaj does not have the worst song ever. That honour goes to a different one, which will be revealed on Christmas Eve!

You know, 2012 really hit a new low for me, as far as music goes. I'm not sure if it was because I was paying more attention with my Knee-Jerk Opinions thread, or music has really gone that far downhill. Regardless of what happened, here's my least favourite song ever:

I hate everything about this shitty song. I hate the beat. Were they trying to make it sound like an eggbeater making this... um, birthday cake? I hate the stupid lyrics, not least because half of them are just "cake" over and over again, or because a birthday cake is a disturbing metaphor for sex, or because 1/4 of this song reaffirms that it's not even Rihanna's birthday. Then why is it called BIRTHDAY Cake?! Why not just Cake? Would that have been so difficult?

And then there's just random shit like "come and put your name on it", which makes NO SENSE (why would he put HIS name on it if it's YOUR cake?), and "doggy want the kitty" (if you're going to have a stupid metaphor, don't abandon it).

But most of all, I hate that Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together, recording. It makes the lyrics all the more worse, first off:

Give it to her in the worst way

​Yeah, I think you already did that by beating her to a pulp, you fucking douche.

Ugh, I just hate Chris Brown so much. But I hate Rihanna even more now for being a terrible role model to young girls. She needs to seek some serious professional help if she's okay with getting back together with this "man".

With the beat, the lyrics, and the unfortunate artist combination, this takes the cake (teehee) as my worst song of all time.

Honourable mentions include:

The Whisper Song by Ying Yang Twins - would have made the list if I had the nerve to listen to it again, really creepy song

No Lie by 2 Chainz ft. Drake - don't want too much current rap in there :P

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen - awful lyrics, but too catchy to put on the list

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith - decided I couldn't really disrespect him, though this song is laughably bad

Swagger Jagger by Cher Lloyd and Christmas by Ryan Bane - didn't make the list because I heard them too late, also I don't recognize the latter as a song

You stole my cake pun! :P

I do agree about this song being abysmal. It would probably be up there on my worst songs ever list. I have no problem with Chris Brown recording with Rihanna again, but I did feel a little blech inside when hearing him saying all these sexual cake metaphors towards her. If they did this for the controversy, go for it, but at least make the song tolerable.

• Like 1

So now that the list is done, what songs did I miss? Feel free to give your opinions on what I got right, and what I got wrong.

Well my main problem with this list was it featured way too much modern rap from this past year. I think some of the rap songs you listed weren't that bad...or at least worthy of being top 50 bad. :P

Otherwise, I do understand that this is your list and I did enjoy going through the ride. Your riffing was constantly humorous.

I'll post more song suggestions in a bit because I'll gladly share some of my horrible music I've grown up with. But for now, allow me to share what would be my bottom two probably if I did this same list:

Sadly that song is not a joke and these guys are actual recording artists. Everything by them is intolerable.

Soulja Boy is the death of rap music. Period.

Yahhh! almost made my list, along with Turn My Swag On, but Yahhh! is so bad it's good territory, and Pretty Boy Swag is just... bad.

That brokeNCYDE (what kind of name is that?) song is definitely Top 50-worthy though. I've never heard it before, but it's really bad. Would probably be Top 20 at least.