• Advertisement

Lady Gaga Endorses Obama, Nicki Minaj Endorses Romney

Ron

Recently, both supported the opposing candidates. Gaga revealed her political stance via Twitter, and Minaj in her lyrics. Gaga indirectly said Romney knows less about the economic issues of the United States than Obama does, while Minaj said "They're (Democrats) are fucking up the economy."

What are your thoughts on this? Should artists even give their political opinions?

------

TVGUY'S TAKE

Minaj is trash. Minaj is fake. She supports Romney.

Gaga is lovely. Gaga is real. She supports Obama.

I think that reflects the candidates themselves. :)

Voting for Romney because Nicki Minaj told you to is like voting for Obama because Will.i.am told you to. Not only is it completely stupid and dishonest, but there are much better artists out there to take political advice from.

• Like 1

Wow. I hate both artisits anyway, so i'm not gonna listen to them. I'm on Romney's side anyways.

lol.

I always feel like people want to be Republican just because it's a status in society. Numerous times, I've asked people who they're voting for (because I'm a kid and can get away with it) and whenever they reply Romney and are asked why, they say, "Oh, I dunno." PLEASE give valid reasons on why you're supporting Romney (or why you're parents are, and you're just following suit).

A bigger question is, can Nicki Minaj be called an artist on the first place?? Her opinion doesn't count so ignore that.

I'd be severely disappointed if Lady Gaga supported Romney, so knowing she supports Obama makes me like her even more.

I think celebrities should be allowed to give their political opinions. However, I don't think people should vote for this person or that person because of a celebrity's political beliefs. If anything, it's not hard to form your own opinions :P.

That being said, good for Nicki Minaj to support Romney and good for Lady Gaga to support Obama. However, their support for each person won't help me in forming my own vote. :P

Really don't care about this election at all. That said, it'd be nice if Obama was reelected because I heard he added gay rights to his platform.

Yeah, he's the first sitting president to openly support gay marriage.

Really don't care about this election at all. That said, it'd be nice if Obama was reelected because I heard he added gay rights to his platform.

Gay rights was always on his platform. Gay marriage, however, was a whole 'nother deal.