• Advertisement

Do You Wish SpongeBob Ever Followed A Legit Storyline?

Ron

Do you wish SpongeBob ever had an arc of continuous, related episodes? You may be thinking, "Well, that's Legends of Bikini Bottom." What I mean is a storyline or subplot that is followed throughout the series. With other shows, people have things to look forward to because there's conflict. Obviously, this is a comedy, but at times, I wish there was an extra dimension to the show. For example, in "The Office", there are relationships, tensions, and things that are followed up upon in each episode. The only thing I can think of that's constantly shown is the Squidward/SpongeBob conflict. Other than that, though, there's nothing and I really wish that there was. Going into its ninth season and a new era, I think the show really needs to start pushing the envelope and changing for the better.

SpongeBob with a story arc would be interesting. Still, I think it's too late in it's run to change it's identity completely. Would be interesting if they did though because that would come completely out of left field for a channel like Nickelodeon.

While I wouldn't mind it, SpongeBob's fine as it is really. What I WOULD like is more continuity. We have yet to see things like Rock Bottom a second time. I also wish that more background characters got some spotlight.

• Like 1

I'd rather Spongebob just go with the notion of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"; He's been going with episodes continuity free for 13 years. At about Season 7, continuity started popping up in spades, however. So, a continuity arc would be pretty cool.While Legends Of Bikini Bottom failed at it's original purpose (an arc) Runaway Roadtrip actually semi-succeeded at an arc (but some things didn't make sense continuity-wise, because the episodes were probably all written simultaneously). An arc would be interesting, for sure; Imagine Spongebob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs going on a quest to get the secret formula back from Plankton for 3 or so episodes? It could be cool. And, with the overall new focus on continuity in kids shows nowadays anyway, it wouldn't be out of place for Spongebob to do so.

It could be cool, but the continuity free episodes are pretty fine too. If they did it as a one-off thing this season, that'd be cool.

• Like 2