• Advertisement

And In Entertainment News...

terminoob

Due to me being a huge movie buff, I figured that I would make a thread similar to the one in the television forums. Obviously this one is about movie news. Sometimes, I will insert my sarcastic two cents for the lulz. So let's get going, shall we?

-Beginning Friday, audiences who go to see Journey 2: The Mysterious Island will be treated to a new original Looney Tunes adventure starring Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd. In Daffy’s Rhapsody, Fudd heads to the theater dressed in a tuxedo but his night is turned upside down when his primal extincts take over at the sight of one certain expectorating duck. The short — which will play in 2-D and 3-D depending on the theater’s format — was inspired by an old Mel Blanc song, and director Matthew O’Callaghan (Curious George) had to craft a story to support the original recording.

-Entertainment Weekly has released a first look image of Benjamin Walker as Abraham Lincoln below. The movie is directed by Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Russian hit film series Day Watch) based off the book "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" is scheduled to be released June 22nd.

Ab-Lincoln-Vampire5_810.jpg

-Early buzz around new potential Disney franchise John Carter has been somewhat positive. Out of three of the four brief leaked reviews posted on /Film, three were impressed, while the other thought it was a poor man's version of Avatar, despite the fact that the books have been around for about 100 years. Some of the positive notes include beautifully made, much better than originally expected, and emotionally engaging. I still feel like that I need to read more reviews before I decide if I see this or not.

-Warner Brothers and Todd Phillips are in talks to make The Hangover Part III. However, a potential road block has come in the way. Series stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zack Galifianakis are all demanding to be paid 15 million each to return. The movie is currently being pegged to be released in the Summer of 2013. In other Todd Phillips news, he is signing on to make four films for Warner Brothers in an attempt for the studio to keep Todd Phillips exclusively making films for WB.

-The guys who made the horrible film "The Devil Inside" are in talks with FilmDistrict to fast track a horror movie called "WER" (probably a werewolf movie) for wide release this October (definitely a werewolf movie). They will be shooting this movie in the same style as The Devil Inside with a bunch of relatively unknown names.

-Empire has released a first look image of Karl Urban in the Judge Dredd reboot. This is slated to come to theaters September 21, 2012. Something tells me this is going to suck...

DREDD202012_Karl20Urban2.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1328554129014

-Even though it's release date is literally a week away, the director of This Means War (McG) is considering releasing alternate endings to the movie. Spoiler alert, but something tells me that one ending involves Reese Witherspoon ending up with Tom Hardy. The other involves Reese Witherspoon ending up with Chris Pine. Maybe there will be a third ending where neither guy ends up with Reese and just kill her off since they are badasses? That's the one I'm hoping for.

-Harrison Ford is in early talks for the long rumored Blade Runner sequel. Suddenly, my interest in this project that I never hoped for has risen.

-Al Pacino has signed on to replace Javier Bardem as the villain in Despicable Me 2. After the past couple of years of him being overly animated in bad movies, now he actually will be. I still love the man anyway and I am actually looking forward to this.

btw i'm pretty sure you made a thread like this back in September.
What you were thinking of is my monthly movie forecast, where I previewed movies that were coming to theaters in that month. This is more of a movie news and gossip kind of ordeal.

Well since I just found a hell of a lot of news from last week that I missed, figured I would share it with you guys twice in one day.

-Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison production company are going to make the board game Candy Land into a live action movie with a release date of April 2014. Adam Sandler is set to star and co-write the movie with the rest of his crew...and sadly I am not making this story up.

-After that horrible news, I bring you something better. Matthew Vaughn is returning to write and direct the sequel to the amazing X-Men: First Class.

-For all you Darren Arononofsky fanboys out there, he has started casting for his next movie. For his alleged dream project of the story of Noah, Russell Crowe has signed on to play the legendary ark builder and Liam Neeson is signed on for an unknown part.

-Ridley Scott, aka the man of a million projects, says that his next movie after this summer's Prometheus will be an adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Counselor. If this is really his next movie, then that will mean there will be delays for his other projects: Monopoly (I swear to God, please don't make this), The Forever War, Child 44, the Gertrude Bell and Gucci biopics and the sequel/spinoff of Blade Runner (if Harrison Ford is in it, then he better make this soon).

-Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin are all Academy Award winners (for Scent of a Woman, The Deer Hunter and Little Miss Sunshine, respectively). Now, the three veteran actors will team up for the Lionsgate action comedy Stand Up Guys, about two aging criminals who are faced with a difficult decision when one of them is hired to kill one of their friends. So pretty much, they are being paid handsomely to star in dreck like they have been for the past five years.

-Death Wish was a 1974 "revenge killer" movie starring Charles Bronson that ended up spawning four sequels. Sylvester Stallone considered rebooting the franchise in the mid-2000s, but that project eventually fell apart. Now, the idea of a Death Wish remake has resurfaced, thanks to director Joe Carnahan (Narc, Smokin' Aces, The A-Team, The Grey), who will write the adaptation of the 1972 Brian Garfield novel for MGM and Paramount. Joe Carnahan apparently heard a lot of feedback online about the idea of Death Wish being remade, because he soon after posted about it on his Twitter feed. Here's what Carnahan had to say, "I'm doing Death Wish. But this version is a re-imagining of the book and set in present day Los Angeles. The L.A. of Collateral. It's on buses, cabs, metro trains. I want to show an unseen version of L.A. L.A. on foot. Prowling. Hunting. The vast emptiness of downtown." So in other words, Carnahan wants to make it like every other traditional action movie. Brilliant...*sarcasm*

-So yeah, remember when Osama Bin Laden was killed last year? Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) and Mark Boal (The Hurt Locker, In The Valley of Elah) have been making this project for the past year with the working title "Kill Bin Laden" set to be released this year. The movie stars Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong, and Jessica Chastain. So pretty much a project that is looking to contend at the Oscars for next year.

Now, we are going to be treated to another version of the same movie called "Code Name Geronimo" which is on the fast track. This one is directed by John Stockwell (Into The Blue), written by a bunch of first time script writers, and is starring Cam Gigandet (Twilight), Anson Mount (AMC's Hell on Wheels), Freddy Rodriguez (HBO's Six Feet Under) and rapper-turned-actor Xzibit (as Navy SEALS). William Fichtner (Armageddon), Kathleen Robertson (Beverly Hills 90210) and Eddie Kaye Thomas (American Pie) will also star as CIA members. No release date yet, but this could have Razzies written all over it for whenever it is released.

-Tyler Perry is making his 12093123th Madea movie. This one is called Madea's Witness Protection and it also stars Eugene Levy. It will have a huge opening weekend, fall flat on its face the couple weekends of release afterwards, make money on DVD, go straight to BET, and then turn into a TBS comedy just like the rest of Tyler Perry's stuff.

NBC had a great night last night! In its first of two hours, The Voice got a 5.6 rating in the demo and 16.08 million viewers. That's outstanding for NBC, right? I mean, they've been competing with The CW for the lowest ratings on network TV lately. But then in its second hour the singing competition got a 7.3 rating with 19.30 million viewers! DAMN! After that, the series premiere of Smash received 11.5 million viewers and a 3.8 rating in the demo. This was NBC's highest-rated night since the 2004 Olympics.

American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy says season 2 is "going to be somewhere on the East Coast and it's going to be a 'horror institution.'" He also says that Golden Globe winner Jessica Lange will return for season 2 of the hit series, but it's not clear in what capacity. "I'm in negotiations with four of the people who were on last year's show, none of them were the Harmons. But none of the deals have closed, so I can't say [who they are]," Murphy says. I'm kind of disappointed Taissa Farmiga (Violet) won't be in season 2, but I'm excited!

The Goonies star Sean Astin will guest star on NCIS as a "psychological operations investigator". The episode, scheduled to air in late March, will also feature Jamie Lee Curtis (Laurie Strode, obvs).

Syfy has renewed Face Off for a third season.

Joanna Garcia has landed the female lead role in a new CBS comedy pilot. God, I love Joanna Garcia.

Sarah Chalke is returning to ABC! Chalke has landed the lead role in the pilot How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life (and you thought How I Met Your Mother had a long title), a comedy about a newly divorced mom who moves back in with her parents. God, I love Sarah Chalke.

-The sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine is now pegged to be released next summer on July 26, 2013. It will be competing against the remake of Dirty Dancing and the part animated/part live-action Phineas and Ferb movie.

-It is now official that there will be sequels to the 2010 film Machete. Machete Kills is set to film this April with a third movie coming out if this once is successful called Machete Kills Again...In Space (seriously). Danny Trejo and others are returning, including Robert Rodriguez directing. Cool Robert Rodriguez, it's not like you promised us many projects, only to further delay them once again for movies that no one was asking for. Just go on and start making Sin City 2 like you've been saying you have for the past seven years.

-The best song contenders will not be competing at this years Oscars like previous installments. This disappoints me because I was actually looking forward to seeing Jason Segel, Jim Parsons, and those two Muppets performing "Man or Muppet".

-According to Sigourney Weaver, James Cameron wants special submarines to film scenes for the two sequels to Avatar. Avatar 2: Into The Blue?

-Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to make his directorial debut in a sexy comedy that he will star in with Scarlett Johansson. This will also cause him to drop out of the new Quentin Tarantino film "Django Unchained". It's not the end of the world though JGL fans as he is set to appear in four films this year, but five might have been overkill. Look what happened to Seth Rogen a couple years ago and you will understand.

-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson thinks that somewhere down the line, he will leave acting and go into politics. *facepalm*

-Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg are set to star in an action movie called 2 Guns. 2 Guns sounds like a cousin of The Departed as it’s about an undercover Navel intelligence officer and DEA agent who are both investigating each other.

-Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are re-teaming to star in a comedy called Interns, which will be directed by Date Night director Shawn Levy.

-Eddie Murphy's new movie A Thousand Words release date has bumped up to March 9th. This has been the fifth release date change for this movie. Let me save you all the trouble and warn you that this movie has been savaged in screening tests. So it is guaranteed to be a bad movie. With all the terrible career choices Eddie Murphy is making, he should just give up, go to Nickelodeon, and ask to make a tv spin-off to the Shrek movies about Donkey. Then Nickelodeon will have their next hit animated project for the next decade.

-Warner Brothers and Todd Phillips are in talks to make The Hangover Part III. However, a potential road block has come in the way. Series stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zack Galifianakis are all demanding to be paid 15 million each to return.
Why not just save some money and play the first movie over again? That's what it's going to be like anyway.

-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson thinks that somewhere down the line, he will leave acting and go into politics. *facepalm*
Ahahahahahaha.

-Miley Cyrus is clearly too busy partying. Now she is dropping out of Adam Sandler's animated project Hotel Transylvania due to fatigue. Which means the total amount of projects she is pursuing in movies, music, and television is at the the grand total of....ZERO. How exhausting.

-Selena Gomez is now taking Miley Cyrus's sloppy seconds as she has signed on to take the role of Dracula's daughter Mavis in the movie listed above.

-So it is confirmed that Ridley Scott's next project will be an adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's "The Counselor" and now it is rumored that Michael Fassbender (Magneto from X-Men: First Class) will take the lead role.

-In the "Should Have Seen That Coming" category, George Lucas is working on Indiana Jones 5. This time with more Shia LaBeouf swinging with the monkeys action.

-Michael Bay may return to direct Transformers 4. Well, we have our frontrunner for worst movie of 2013.

-DreamWorks is going to remake Alfred Hitchcock's only Best Picture Winner: Rebecca (1940). The screenwriter from "Eastern Promises" is attached and David Cronenberg is in early talks to direct.

-Naomi Watts really wants to be Princess Diana in the movie "Caught in Flight". Good for you, now go out there and win the part, champ.

-In even more George Lucas news! Lucas did an interview with The Hollywood Reporter where he offers what I think is the most plausible and straightforward answer he’s ever given as to why he changed the Greedo/Han Solo scene in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

George Lucas: The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.

-Legendary Pictures has killed off the big budgeted war in the heavens film "Paradise Lost", based off the epic poem by John Milton. Bradley Cooper is disappointed because now this means that he has to do The Hangover Part III.

-Joseph Konsinski's next movie Oblivion has just gotten a bit more interesting. He has cast Tom Cruise (as the protagonist) and Morgan Freeman (as the antagonist) in the two lead roles. Tom Cruise vs Morgan Freeman? I am very intrigued.

-Michael Showalter says that a Wet Hot American Summer sequel is absolutely happening.

-Martin McDonagh's (In Bruges) next film, Seven Psychopaths is coming out this year. As a huge fan of In Bruges, I can't wait to see McDonagh's follow up.

-Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are collaborating on a project together. Yay! The project is about Walt Disney's 14 year effort to persuade author P.L. Travers to sell the rights to the tale of Mary Poppins. Yawn!

-Scottish actor/comedian, Billy Connolly, is the final addition to the cast of The Hobbit. He will be playing Dain Ironfoot, a Dwarf warrior. This cast is ridiculously huge. I am going to insert the link to its page on IMDB to show how huge this cast list really is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

Isn't Geendey Torkvarsky or whatever his name is directing Hotel Translyvania?
Yes he is which excites me. However with all these Adam Sandler regulars being involved, my hopes aren't set too high.

-Universal is bringing Dracula: Year Zero back from the dead. The studio killed the project a couple years ago due to an escalating budget. It is unknown if Alex Proyas will come back as director or Sam Worthington as Dracula like first planned.

-Saoirse Ronan will play Snow White in Disney's Snow White project, "The Order of the Seven". Clearly Disney will not kill this project off, despite the fact that there are two Snow White movies coming out this year. At least Saoirse Ronan will bring credibility to the project. One of the best child/teenage stars in the business today.

-Zombie romance Warm Bodies has been pushed back to February 2013. This is the second project starring Nicholas Hoult that has been pushed back from 2012 to 2013. The first being Jack The Giant Killer.

-Modern Family's Ty Burrell has signed on to be in the movie Switch. Switch is the prequel to Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown.

-Patton Oswalt will star in Ben Stiller's The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

-With Summit now being a subsidiary of Lionsgate, Lionsgate will make more Twilight movies if Stephanie Meyer writes more books. The CEO has made it clear that he wants to continue the franchise either through film or television. If this isn't a clear declaration of putting a bounty on Stephenie Meyer's head, then I don't know what is.

-The 1986 version of Heat starring Burt Reynolds is getting remade starring Jason Statham. Just be thankful they aren't remaking the 1995 version with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro.

-Henry Cavill (aka the new Superman), who is Caucasian, will star in a movie about the creation of The Great Wall of China. Let the obvious flaw with this news sink in.

-On my last note for this post, Toy Fair Images have revealed the villains of The Avengers. Yes, Loki is a villain, but there are more. Since I am blanking out on the spoiler tag code at the moment, let me insert the link below...

http://www.slashfilm.com/toy-fair-images-revealed-the-avengers-villains/