• Advertisement

Microsoft vs. Apple

Ron

Huge major almost-a-year-old bump, but this forum is a little inactive to start a new topic.

No shooting me, but I think Apple and Microsoft are both good companies. Microsoft dominates the computer market for a reason. Apple is all-inclusive with their Macs (everything is already set for you), but they only allow Apple-brand computers to run Mac. Their products are also outrageously priced (>$1,000 for a standard-running Mac computer is outrageous.) Windows, on the other hand, can be run on virtually any computer and thus is a more practical operating system.

However, Apple is better at making mp3 players and mobile devices than Microsoft. The iOS app store and music store is over a million times better than Zune will ever be. It's just fact. Microsoft also likes to shove products, such as Internet Explorer and Bing, down mobile user's throats, whereas Apple's products give a wide variety of options. This is where Apple shines.

So, yeah, both are good. /rant

Huge major almost-a-year-old bump, but this forum is a little inactive to start a new topic.

No shooting me, but I think Apple and Microsoft are both good companies. Microsoft dominates the computer market for a reason. Apple is all-inclusive with their Macs (everything is already set for you), but they only allow Apple-brand computers to run Mac. Their products are also outrageously priced (>$1,000 for a standard-running Mac computer is outrageous.) Windows, on the other hand, can be run on virtually any computer and thus is a more practical operating system.

However, Apple is better at making mp3 players and mobile devices than Microsoft. The iOS app store and music store is over a million times better than Zune will ever be. It's just fact. Microsoft also likes to shove products, such as Internet Explorer and Bing, down mobile user's throats, whereas Apple's products give a wide variety of options.

/rant

Agree. 428899.gif But Microsoft's operating system has somewhat of a learning curve, while with Mac OS X, just about anyone can take to ease with it. You can also search your computer easily and efficiently with the OS X Finder, unlike on Windows, where IMO, it can be difficult to find certain files if your hard drive gets big enough. Plus, making a website, creating content, etc. is WAY better on Macs, as anyone can create on a Mac with the included iLife suite, while it might be difficult for someone on a Windows computer.

Agree. 428899.gif But Microsoft's operating system has somewhat of a learning curve, while with Mac OS X, just about anyone can take to ease with it.
Windows 7 is pretty easy to use.

You can also search your computer easily and efficiently with the OS X Finder, unlike on Windows, where IMO, it can be difficult to find certain files if your hard drive gets big enough.
The new search feature in the start menu is very easy to search for files. 428899.gif

Plus, making a website, creating content, etc. is WAY better on Macs, as anyone can create on a Mac with the included iLife suite, while it might be difficult for someone on a Windows computer.
I agree with that, but in all fairness, Windows doesn't come with website-creating software. All software is third-party for that.

+1 for Microsoft

Windows 8 will incorporate facial recognition technology from Kinect. This means that you can login just by sitting down at your computer and lock the computer / log off when you walk away. Pretty cool 630566.gif

+1 for Microsoft

Windows 8 will incorporate facial recognition technology from Kinect. This means that you can login just by sitting down at your computer and lock the computer / log off when you walk away. Pretty cool 630566.gif

That's pretty cool, but Mac's user interface is better than Windows' by a mile. It runs very smooth, and getting a virus on a Mac is nearly impossible. Multitasking is also easy, with the trackpad on the notebooks and the Expose button on desktops. Plus, with laptops, the laptops are much more powerful, as well as way better structure wise. It's far thinner than any Windows laptop I've seen...especially compared to the Macbook Air. 428899.gif

That's pretty cool, but Mac's user interface is better than Windows' by a mile. It runs very smooth, and getting a virus on a Mac is nearly impossible. Multitasking is also easy, with the trackpad on the notebooks and the Expose button on desktops. Plus, with laptops, the laptops are much more powerful, as well as way better structure wise. It's far thinner than any Windows laptop I've seen...especially compared to the Macbook Air. 428899.gif

This message brought to you by Steve Jobs.

This message brought to you by Steve Jobs.

No, I'll admit Windows 7 is an excellent OS. I use both Macs, as well as PCs. But from my experiences, Mac has proved to be the better operating system.

Multitasking is easy with Aero Flip 3D. As for the viruses, Macs would get viruses if it was the most popular OS, not to mention viruses are extremely easy to avoid if you are smart and use an antivirus and don't install something ridiculous like "Free Smileys for your computer!" As for the size of laptops, thinner doesn't always mean better. Windows laptops are fully customizable and there are countless laptops out there to choose from, each perfect for the right person.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love Macs, I'm just pointing out the other viewpoint for no bias.

Multitasking is easy with Aero Flip 3D. As for the viruses, Macs would get viruses if it was the most popular OS, not to mention viruses are extremely easy to avoid if you are smart and use an antivirus and don't install something ridiculous like "Free Smileys for your computer!" As for the size of laptops, thinner doesn't always mean better. Windows laptops are fully customizable and there are countless laptops out there to choose from, each perfect for the right person.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love Macs, I'm just pointing out the other viewpoint for no bias.

But sometimes more isn't always better. For Macs, there are six models: three desktops and three notebooks. It's extremely easy to decide which one you want. But I digress, I do like Windows 7. A huge improvement over previous OS'. But honestly, Mac is becoming much more popular; it's having a rebound effect off of the iPad's popularity. And it may not be the most popular OS, but it is far more superior IMO. Plus, I doubt there'd be many viruses even if it WAS the most popular.

But sometimes more isn't always better. For Macs, there are six models: three desktops and three notebooks. It's extremely easy to decide which one you want. But I digress, I do like Windows 7. A huge improvement over previous OS'. But honestly, Mac is becoming much more popular]Could you take your Apple-fanboy glasses off for once and see logic? All face's points make complete sense. He even said he likes Apple -- he's just being objective/