• Advertisement

Microsoft vs. Apple

Ron

Yes, and I also stated that I like Windows 7. But IMO, I prefer Mac OS X. And 'see logic'? I've used and looked at both OS', but IN MY OPINION I like Mac OS X...

Yes, but you act like any claim that Macs have flaws is completely false.

Guest hilaryfan80

Mac OS X, if you can afford it. Linux, if you can't afford Mac or want to use an existing PC. Windows blows. 893573.gif

Yes, but you act like any claim that Macs have flaws is completely false.

Yes, I'll admit it DOES have flaws, but it's nowhere near the number of flaws Windows has....

But, Linux is pretty useless IMO...

Yes, I'll admit it DOES have flaws, but it's nowhere near the number of flaws Windows has....

But, Linux is pretty useless IMO...

I've never had a real problem with any Windows computer. They have crashed before -- but that's not because of a virus or anything of the sort; it's because of my ignorance, I hadn't charged them and the batteries ran out. Pretty sure that would happen with a Mac as well.

And a point that's already been made: If Macs were more popular than they are, then they would definitely not be virus-free. They're not very popular, so for now, users don't have to worry about viruses. But if Windows users are careful, they generally never have to worry about viruses either. Just don't go to OBVIOUS scam sites, etc.

IMO Windows is far superior to Mac. Mac just doesn't have any... personality? I know that's a strange thing to say, but Macs have just always seemed so bland. This isn't an argument against them, just a personal quibble.

Oh, and I got a HUGE desktop, laptop, and mini-laptop for just $999 a while ago. Last time I checked, all three are cheaper than one Macbook, and they work extraordinarily well.

I've never had a real problem with any Windows computer. They have crashed before -- but that's not because of a virus or anything of the sort; it's because of my ignorance, I hadn't charged them and the batteries ran out. Pretty sure that would happen with a Mac as well.

And a point that's already been made: If Macs were more popular than they are, then they would definitely not be virus-free. They're not very popular, so for now, users don't have to worry about viruses. But if Windows users are careful, they generally never have to worry about viruses either. Just don't go to OBVIOUS scam sites, etc.

IMO Windows is far superior to Mac. Mac just doesn't have any... personality? I know that's a strange thing to say, but Macs have just always seemed so bland. This isn't an argument against them, just a personal quibble.

Oh, and I got a HUGE desktop, laptop, and mini-laptop for just $999 a while ago. Last time I checked, all three are cheaper than one Macbook, and they work extraordinarily well.

IMO, Macs are the originals. Steve Jobs is the one that first gave computers personality, with different fonts and colors. Windows then followed, and, oh look, now every OS, popular or not, has a pretty sleek UI. But Macs have more personality IMO than just a lousy start menu and a superbar...

Commodore rules all.

/thread

Haha they're giving the Commodore a reboot. xD

IMO, Macs are the originals. Steve Jobs is the one that first gave computers personality, with different fonts and colors. Windows then followed, and, oh look, now every OS, popular or not, has a pretty sleek UI. But Macs have more personality IMO than just a lousy start menu and a superbar...

Way to comment on the part that I clearly stated was my personal opinion. Props.

Guest hilaryfan80

Guess what? Linux is the most stable because there's always a developer that fixes a security hole within two hours.

Way to comment on the part that I clearly stated was my personal opinion. Props.

Well, Macs are like the Bentley. No, you don't need it and you can buy several Pontiacs for the price of a Bentley. Macs, IMO, are more luxurious, like a Bentley, but not necessary. Sure, they may be better, but Pontiacs are cheaper... but they might not be as great.

It's not officially released, but it's currently in development. You can download it for VMWare / VirtualBox / Live USB here.

It's stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppiddd. I think everyone is satisfied with the top 3 OS's as of now...

It's stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppiddd. I think everyone is satisfied with the top 3 OS's as of now...

Then some competition won't hurt, will it?

I think you're afraid for Apple. 428899.gif

Then some competition won't hurt, will it?

I think you're afraid for Apple. 428899.gif

lol no. Apples not going anywhere; iPhone, iPod, and iPad sales speak for themselves. 428899.gif

But competition? A computer is a computer; not a bigass Chrome window the entire time. Chrome always seemed watered-down IMO.

lol no. Apples not going anywhere]http://r12.imgfast.net/users/1211/23/64/63/smiles/428899.gif

But competition? A computer is a computer; not a bigass Chrome window the entire time. Chrome always seemed watered-down IMO.

Google still has Android Honeycomb, so they aren't too worried if Chrome OS flops or not. As much as I love Chrome (<3), Chrome OS is almost like taking computers a step backward. Maybe the people in Africa might like it for its low hardware requirements and modern Web 2.0 updates.

Guest hilaryfan80

I think ChromeOS has the potential to become the most popular netbook OS.

Just you wait: in 10 years, Linux will become more popular than Windows. 125508.gif