• Advertisement

The Twilight Saga

Clappy

Yes, I know I know. Why make a thread for the movie series that gets constantly mocked by me? Well while I am certainly not a fan of it, there is a fanbase out there. I am not denying the impact this film franchise has on modern cinema today. Plus, preorder tickets for Breaking Dawn Part 1 are pretty high and this will definitely be one of the top grossing films of the year.

So yeah, discuss The Twilight Saga here. At least let's try to have an intelligent discussion about these films instead of "Twilight sucks LOLOLOLOL".

I read all the books, and I've seen all the movies so far. I actually kind of liked the books, even though they seemed like mediocre fanfiction. The movies are not as good, but at least there are pretty people. Having read the books though, I know the first part will be boring as fuck. Don't know if I'll see it.

I don't understand why this series is so popular. I read the first chapter of the first book, and I already felt like blowing my brains out. I made it halfway through the movie, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't mean to bash it or anything, but like Clappy says: Twilight sucks LOLOLOLOL

I read all the books, and I've seen all the movies so far. I actually kind of liked the books, even though they seemed like mediocre fanfiction. The movies are not as good, but at least there are pretty people. Having read the books though, I know the first part will be boring as fuck. Don't know if I'll see it.

This.

I find it hilarious that Bella is pregnant, yet has a completely flat stomach in the trailer.

As for the series of movies, they never really interested me. I'm a sucker for romance, but Twilight just wasn't really targeted at me. I have nothing against the books. It's the fans that drive me up the wall. Not to mention Stephenie Meyer has said some really ignorant stuff in the past, like saying her characters are better than J.K. Rowling's. And by that I mean she said ''Edward could snap Harry's neck in 0.02 seconds'' (I'm not kidding, that's in an actual interview from muggle.net). Yyyyeah. Okay. I just think the whole thing is crazy. Most people think that you can't be a Twilight fan and a Harry Potter fan at the same time, but my step-sister is living proof. She tried to get me into it, and she was a little frustrated when I told her I read one page and put it down, but she understands why I dislike the craziness. I also dislike that it's mentioned EVERY. FIVE. SECONDS. on all the shows on Disney Channel, Nick, and Cartoon Network (mainly MAD).

As much as I hate this book and movies, I did try to give it a chance. I watched the first movie and kinda liked it. My stepdad forced me to read the book, but when I got midway through the second or third chapter, I couldn't bear anymore. It really bored me and I also don't really like reading first-person stories. As I learned about the future events in the next books, the Bella character really annoyed me, especially what happens to her in the last book- which kinda proves that everyone's right about her being a Mary-Sue. Can't say I didn't try to give it a chance.

I'm trying to resist saying, "Twilight sucks LOLOLOLOL"

I find it hilarious that Bella is pregnant, yet has a completely flat stomach in the trailer.

As for the series of movies, they never really interested me. I'm a sucker for romance, but Twilight just wasn't really targeted at me. I have nothing against the books. It's the fans that drive me up the wall. Not to mention Stephenie Meyer has said some really ignorant stuff in the past, like saying her characters are better than J.K. Rowling's. And by that I mean she said ''Edward could snap Harry's neck in 0.02 seconds'' (I'm not kidding, that's in an actual interview from muggle.net). Yyyyeah. Okay. I just think the whole thing is crazy. Most people think that you can't be a Twilight fan and a Harry Potter fan at the same time, but my step-sister is living proof. She tried to get me into it, and she was a little frustrated when I told her I read one page and put it down, but she understands why I dislike the craziness. I also dislike that it's mentioned EVERY. FIVE. SECONDS. on all the shows on Disney Channel, Nick, and Cartoon Network (mainly MAD).

She said that? HA! She's so full of herself; her writing is quite literally crap compared to Jo's. Rowling's characters are very real, whereas Meyer's (as stated by 70s) seem like they'd be featured in some sort of cheaply written fan fic.

As much as I hate this book and movies, I did try to give it a chance. I watched the first movie and kinda liked it. My stepdad forced me to read the book, but when I got midway through the second or third chapter, I couldn't bear anymore. It really bored me and I also don't really like reading first-person stories. As I learned about the future events in the next books, the Bella character really annoyed me, especially what happens to her in the last book- which kinda proves that everyone's right about her being a Mary-Sue. Can't say I didn't try to give it a chance.

I'm trying to resist saying, "Twilight sucks LOLOLOLOL"

I really want to say that too. Twilight sucks LOLOL- Wait, I'm not meant to say it.

Sad thing is that the films can be so much better. I have seen the first three (when you are a helpless romantic like yours truly, you let your dates pick the movies, no matter how bad they are).

Twilight - Horrible

New Moon - Much worse than Twilight

Now here is the funny thing. Eclipse wasn't actually all that bad. It was okay. They got a good director who has some experience with the genre (David Slade) and made a decent film.

I am going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 over break on a date night, so hopefully Bill Condon (Oscar nominated director for Dreamgirls) did a good job, but with the negative feedback so far, I highly doubt it.

Guest hilaryfan80

I read the first 25 pages of the first book, saw the horrors of her writing, and threw the book across the room. Where is it now? Somewhere between my dresser and my wall. :)

Her writing style is unique. I don't think it's bad per se, but it's like coffee. You have to acquire a taste, and most people who like good books don't have that taste. :P But the fan girls have that taste for shitty writing. They also apparently enjoy the fact that Bella entirely relies on Edward and her entire world revolves around him.

I am going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 over break on a date night, so hopefully Bill Condon (Oscar nominated director for Dreamgirls) did a good job, but with the negative feedback so far, I highly doubt it.

I hope I'm not too late, because you're about to make the biggest mistake of your life.

I hope I'm not too late, because you're about to make the biggest mistake of your life.
Too late. While I did not enjoy it, it's not like you've seen any of the Twilight movies. You are just going based on other people's judgments. :P