• Advertisement

154a. Drive Thru

Jjs Goodman

Airs tonight at 7:30 PM. Discuss.

Drive_Thru.png

Drive Thru

* Just getting this out of the way, but there was a drive-thru in Driven to Tears. Of course, SpongeBob doesn't have much continuity so..

* Oh no, a bigger hole!

* A fish mistakes the whole for a drive thru.

* Nice decor SpongeBob.

* And now, the Krusty Krab has its own drive thru.

* This might not turn out so well..

* Another hole!

* Oh hai Plankton.

* Poor Plankton.

* Now Pearl is getting into the action.

* Yikes, don't hurt Squidward's ears!

* I admit, it was nice to see some civilians in their boats.

* But how does SpongeBob get up there?

* I didn't know that was a law.

* Someone is feisty.

* Uh oh..the mayor! But really, it was nice to see the mayor again.

* How many holes will Mr. Krabs make?

* Boat crash!

* I hate lines too.

* Sorry Plankton, but no thanks.

* Now it is a riot!

* No, not another one!

* I knew it would collapse.

* A decent episode, although I saw the ending coming.

Grade: B+

Wasn't as good as yesterday's episode, but still okay and have some funny moments.

7/10

BTW, WithOrWithoutNuts, something's wrong with your posts that's causing your avatar and information to show up in your signature instead.

Now that I got my cable back, I can catch all the episodes I missed 125508.gif

I thought this episode was pretty good, not the best but still enjoyable. I liked seeing Pearl and Larry visit the Drive-Thru, and thought it was funny when Plankton got run over by the old man. I kept getting enoyed at Mr. Krabs busting holes to make more drive-thrus and completely ignoring the real problems going on, but that's to be expected.

What a fantastic episode. Felt like good ol' times.

Every joke was perfect.

There were so many different situations due to the variety of customers that they delivered a lot of funny moments.

A+

My favorite episode.

300px-Drive_Thru.png

========== Drive Thru ==================

Writers - Dani Micheali, Aaron Springer

Rating - (★★★) 6/10.

Prod. Code - 154a.

Season 8

====================================

Am I the only one who think this episode is kind of eh/mediocre?

Um.. yeah. There's not much to say about this episode other than that.. it is so average it is the Oxford dictionary official definition. I wasn't really hyped for it, I was just hoping that it would be.. watchable. Then again, with Dani and Aaron on board, I wasn't expecting any miracles. But, hey, it was watchable. So that eased a haul off my back. So, what's the plot?

It's an average day at the Krusty Krab. There's a hole in the wall, and Mr. Krabs tries to glue it back together with toothpaste. Jesus Christ, how much does this man have? He owns the only restaurant in the sea fish probably dream about. Unfortunately, and I use that term kind of loosely at this point, Krabs' penny-pinching doesn't fix the situation at all - in fact, it makes it even worse. After a few jokes are cracked, a family comes over to the Krusty Krab for some mid-day lunch, where the father believes that the Krab has finally put in a drive-thru. So then and there, Krabs comes up with a new way to make even more money - a drive-thru with the most positively amateur drive-thru you'll ever see in your life. It makes a children's playset look like the real thing. The microphone is actually just two connected cans. Woooooooow.

But, the drive thru seems to create more trouble than intended. At first, SpongeBob can't even get any patties to the customers out in cars. Actually, weirdly enough, a fish ACTUALLY comes to have Krabs pay for his dry-cleaning. I never thought these people could stand up to what I thought was their patty-boss overlord. To solve it.. they make a bigger hole! I guess Bikini Bottom is stuck in a economic standstill. Later, Plankton attempts to steal the patty formula by just ordering a Krabby Patty. But, then an old man runs over him and the elder and Squidward (who is running the drive thru window) have a misunderstanding. One of the only jokes that I laughed at in this episode.

Next, Pearl and her friends...

BEING A TEENAGER AND ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

prank Squidward by ordering with a megaphone (no, not a creation of Kim Dotcom) and effectively hurt one of his ears. Squid demands that they get a new microphone and speaker, and when Larry comes by in a overly-big S.U.B (heh) and breaks the so-called "sound system", they're forced to replace it. But Mr. Krabs just replaces them with more cans. After SpongeBob, once more, cannot reach Larry's S.U.B, Mr. Krabs makes, you guessed it, another hole in the wall. But Larry's SUB and it's repeated problems seemed to have caused a massive line in the quaint and moronic town of Bikini Bottom. Everyone's favorite Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful ticket cop returns to give Krabs a ticket, but it just turns out to be an order. Finally, a guy smart enough to actually go in the restaurant itself. But, the mayor comes through to ask what the barnacles is going on. Krabs decides to shorten the line A LITTLE with TWO drive-thrus. Chaos ensues as the Krusty Krew try to give everyone their food, while antics occur outside due to the angsty customers. But, after Krabs makes his.. let me see... probably his FIFTH or so hole in the wall, the Krusty Krab finally falls to the ground, and the customers flee.

And that's the end.

Honestly.. I don't really HATE this episode, but I don't LOVE it either. I kind of liked the old man and the jokes surrounding him, and perhaps even Plankton. Even the antics with the customers were sort of funny sometimes, but nothing really popped out humor-wise in this episode. The plot didn't really interest me too much either. The Krusty Krab gets a drive-thru!.. and that's it. It feels like the average episode of SpongeBob. The characters were treated well in this episode. Everyone's as they should be, post-movie-wise, anyway. SpongeBob's his typical deluded optimist-self, Squidward's the wise cracker, and Krabs is the cheap maniac. So, at least there's nothing horrible to report character wise.

I don't hate it, but eh, I don't love it either.

★★★. 6/10.

To be honest, I didn't think this episode was funny when I watched it for first time but when I watched this episode again, I was actually laughing. It's a perfect season 8 episode in my opinion. The idea of Mr. Krabs having drive thru is nothing new because Mr. Krabs had a drive thru in Driven to Tears but that's okay. Mr. Krabs was cheap in this episode but at least he got what he deserved at the end. Also I hated Pearl and friend's prank to Squidward but I thought that part was funny. Plankton getting run over by the old man twice cracked me up. Mr. Krabs smashing holes into the Krusty Krab to solve problems were funny. For some reason, Squidward's "Oh it's days like this that make me wish I had gone back to college." line made me laugh. SpongeBob throwing the food at the trampoline, then the food bouncing and then the food splattered at the costumer's face was very funny. Larry's cameo was funny. The costumers biting Squidward was funny. The ending was also funny. My rating for this episode used to be 8.5/10, now It's 10/10. Great job writers.

I feel that Mr. Krabs is at his cheapest in this episode. The kind that is annoying to watch. Fixing everything with toothpaste, turning down SpongeBob's professional drive-thru stuff for cheaply made stuff, and solving every problem by making more holes in the Krusty Krab.

Pretty much the thing I don't like about this episode.