• Advertisement

How does your environment react on your SpongeBob-fan-ness?

Karen

Do you tell your friends/family about your SB obsession, or are you a secret fan? Do you talk a lot about it, or only with people here on the forum? What do your friends/family think about you being a SpongeBob fan?

In real life, I'm a secret fan. I don't want anyone to know that I'm a crazed fanatic of a little kiddie show at the age of 14. Don't want anyone to think that I'm weird. icon_rolleyes.gif

In this case, I only talk about SB here.

I think my parents know that I love the older episodes, but whenever they sit down and watch the post movie episodes, they automatically assume that I love every season, which is not entirely true since I am not that big a fan >.>

My parents are worried about me I am that crazy about SB! I am weird and don't have any close friends. People are constantly telling me to get a life. I am just a SB freak and proud!

My friends and I are still fond of the show. Hell, we used to quote and reference it all the time during our school days. I'm not as big of a fan I used to be in my youth, but I'm still enough of a fan to remember quotes and stuff. As for my family, that's a different story.

well I am a spongebob-freak,and darn proud.But people at school don't like spongebob as much as I do,one of my friends called him gay :( . so I just don't talk about SB as much as I used to.My family on the other hand: My mom,worries about it affecting my grades,or says I neeed to tone it down a bit. My dad,is okay with it but is concerned like my mom.my sister,she doesn't particully like it when I talk about SB alot around my family and says I need to get over my obession.There are only to people (besides the internet) I can talk about SB too,my cousin(11yrs) and my friend(12 or 13 IDK)

ratings on how people react in my enivronment

school 2/10

family 5/10

other members of my family(my cousin) 10/10

friend(1) 9/10

yep thats my life with my spongebob obession..

Yes even at the age of 17 I watch Spongebob. People at my school could care less about Spongebob. My mom thinks I'm crazy because I'm 17 and still like Spongebob, but it's impossible to explain to her that there are people older than me that watch Spongebob.

I don't really have any friends that know I watch it, but my family pretty much knows because I used to watch it all the time in my younger days. The only thing close to mockery I ever received was occasionally from my older siblings for liking the newer seasons, but other than that, no one's ever had any qualms with me liking Spongebob.

My life doesn't really react too seriously, and my family doesn't really talk about Spongebob, though they aren't really oblivious to my Spongebob obsession. For me, I don't discuss it in reality either, considering that I'm one of the shy ones. In school, I don't frankly see/hear people talking about it, even if they were and I wasn't listening closely, I'd still ignore.