• Advertisement

046b. One Krab's Trash

70s

PLOT: Mr. Krabs has an 'antique' sale, and sells SpongeBob a cheap soda drinking hat. Then, collectors approach Mr. Krabs and offer him $1,000,000 for the hat, prompting him to come up with a scheme to get the hat from SpongeBob...

Discuss this episode here.

One Krab's Trash - A-

An interesting plot, and it definitely is one of the best Mr. Krabs episodes of the series. However, I have to say it lacked in laugh-out-loud moments. I only really chuckled at the exchange between SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs when he tells him he looks like a girl in the hat, and then the mailman looks at him with a judging look. Even then, that was more of a slight chuckle moment rather than a total laughing moment. Though, where the episode lacks in comedy it makes up for in plot and edginess. I'm surprised this episode wasn't controversial for a few of the things:

• Mr. Krabs is digging up a body; I'm surprised a parent didn't call foul on this, considering they've freaked out over much less graphic topics.
  • Mr. Krabs's use of the word "flippin" which I was surprised to hear.
  • When he says "How's your sister doing?" to one of the zombies as an insult; I think we all know what that's in reference to lol.
  • Mr. Krabs agreeing to SpongeBob being pretty, and then the mailman looking at them weirdly; a gay reference right there (that's how I perceived it).

Overall, this was a good and memorable episode, although I would've liked more comedic value to it. Then again, this episode was also darker and more Mr. Krabs-centric.

Respectfully disagree with tvguy, as this episode was drop-dead hilarious. Favourite moments:

"Ah, the sweet smell of an all-day sucker!"

"They taste even better!"

FOXY GRANDPA

The "floating shopping list" bit

"'Here lies Squidward's hopes and dreams...' What a baby."

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

"Oh no, I've seen this on the late show! You ghoulish fiends hold me down and take turns nibbling on my innards, then you eat my brain and leave my body for the buzzards!"

"That's disgusting! We just want the hat back."

Also love Clancy's delivery on the line "It must be returned to its owner riiiight nooooow." Awesomely funny episode.

Respectfully disagree with tvguy, as this episode was drop-dead hilarious. Favourite moments:

"Ah, the sweet smell of an all-day sucker!"

"They taste even better!"

FOXY GRANDPA

The "floating shopping list" bit

"'Here lies Squidward's hopes and dreams...' What a baby."

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

"Oh no, I've seen this on the late show! You ghoulish fiends hold me down and take turns nibbling on my innards, then you eat my brain and leave my body for the buzzards!"

"That's disgusting! We just want the hat back."

Also love Clancy's delivery on the line "It must be returned to its owner riiiight nooooow." Awesomely funny episode.

I'll have to respectfully reply. :P

How was ANY of that funny? :S It warrants a smile, a chuckle, but definitely not a laugh. u crazy

I'll have to respectfully reply. :P

How was ANY of that funny? :S It warrants a smile, a chuckle, but definitely not a laugh. u crazy

"Am I a pretty girl?"

"You'll never guess what I found in my sock last night! Go ahead, guess!"

"I'll give you one billion dollars for that hat!"

I refuse to let you trash a Season 3 episode, tvguy! Pun slightly intended!

I'm not trashing it; read my review, I said it's a great episode. However, it's not funny in the slightest. It's humor is nonexistent in comparison to The Snowball Effect, which is easily one of the funniest of Season 3.