• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

Via Netflix: The 1985 Claymation movie of "The Adventures of Mark Twain," very interesting; and the Richard Williams 1993 forgotten animated classic, "The Thief and the Cobbler," a cult favorite, Vincent Price and Jennifer Beals for the win! :D

Via Netflix: The 1985 Claymation movie of "The Adventures of Mark Twain," very interesting; and the Richard Williams 1993 forgotten animated classic, "The Thief and the Cobbler," a cult favorite, Vincent Price and Jennifer Beals for the win! :D

Which version of Thief are you watching?

Which version of Thief are you watching?

I watched the Miramax version, the one that has Johnathan Winters voicing the Thief (or at least, his thoughts.) More recently, via Netflix; I've seen the 1989 dark comedy/cult classic "Heathers," and the 1942 Shirley Temple movie, "Miss Annie Rooney." In movie theaters, I saw "The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water!" :D Two thumbs WAY up! ^_^ Enough said! ;)

I watched the Miramax version, the one that has Johnathan Winters voicing the Thief (or at least, his thoughts.) More recently, via Netflix; I've seen the 1989 dark comedy/cult classic "Heathers," and the 1942 Shirley Temple movie, "Miss Annie Rooney." In movie theaters, I saw "The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water!" :D Two thumbs WAY up! ^_^ Enough said! ;)

Try watching The Recobbled Cut.

If you know the history of this movie, you know how troubled this production was. It took about 29 years in the making. To make a long story short, Richard Williams got kicked off his own product, and the distributor just didn't care in the least. Miramax's version (known as Arabian Knight for some reason) even further butchered the film and the end result was a shameless Aladdin ripoff that tanked hard at the box office. The Recobbled Cut is the best you'll get at an original version, and it really shows that Williams obviously took time and effort into this.