• Advertisement

The 2011 Tucson Shooting

Ron

For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past few days, here:

On January 8th, 2011, Gabrielle Giffords (a congresswoman) was holding a constituent meeting at a Safeway supermarket. While the market was busy and bustling (according to an eyewitness), Gabrielle unfolded a table and around 20-30 people were surrounding her. A gunman then shot Gabrielle in the back of them and then fired into the crowd at seemingly random. Witnesses remember hearing 15-20 gunshots. The shooter than ran off, pandemonium breaking out. He stopped to reload his magazine (a magazine being used to hold bullets) when he dropped the magazine on the sidewalk. Unwounded Patricia Maisch snatched the loaded magazine when he was going to retrieve it. Wounded, former colonel, 74-year old Bill Badger then tackled the gunman, sending him to the ground. He was later stopped by other bystanders, Roger Sulzgeber and Joseph Zamudio. The first 911 call came at 10:12. Giffords' intern applied pressure to Giffords' wound and made sure she didn't choke on her own blood. He has been credited for saving her life.

Shoppers from the supermarket noticed what was occurring. Married doctor and nurse David and Nancy Bowman immediately set up a triage to help a wounded 9-year old girl. Police arrived shortly after at 10:15 with paramedics following at 10:16.

Five people were killed at the scene, twelve being severely injured. The nine-year old girl, Christina Green, was later pronounced dead.

I think this is terrible. Thoughts?

Absolutely horrible. My grandparents live in Tucson. It's a wonderful community, but I guess not everyone is wonderful in Tucson. The gunman is a fucking asshole and I hope he gets the death penalty.

Really, really sad.

But everyone's making the shooter out as too much of a villain. He was mentally unstable.

Damn, I had no clue about that.

Still, the VT shooter was mentally unstable too, but he is still a villain in my eyes. I just think its kinda disgusting to have such sick, twisted thoughts and end another's life in such a way, but I do understand and respect where you are coming from 70s

Damn, I had no clue about that.

Still, the VT shooter was mentally unstable too, but he is still a villain in my eyes. I just think its kinda disgusting to have such sick, twisted thoughts and end another's life in such a way, but I do understand and respect where you are coming from 70s

I agree it's very twisted to have thoughts like that, which is why I personally think he should be sent to an asylum rather than get the death penalty. But, even a mental problem doesn't excuse killing an innocent 9 year old. Now I'm getting wishy-washy. 428899.gif

Absolutely awful. It's so saddening, specially the 9 year-old, she was born in 9-11, did you know? Born in the middle of a tragedy, and died in the middle of another 305752.gif

As for the assassin, I don't even know what to say, I want to hate him for this but then again, you can't blame it all on his mental conditions either. It's complicated, this world is fucked up, that's all I know =_=

I don't fucking care if the psycho was mentally unstable. An innocent 9 year old with a full life ahead of her shouldn't have been killed because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If the guy goes to an insane asylum, they should torture him and put him in misery, just like what he did to all the people he killed and their families. He killed many people, and tore apart dozens of families that may never come over the grief.

I don't fucking care if the psycho was mentally unstable. An innocent 9 year old with a full life ahead of her shouldn't have been killed because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If the guy goes to an insane asylum, they should torture him and put him in misery, just like what he did to all the people he killed and their families. He killed many people, and tore apart dozens of families that may never come over the grief.

Okay, I love you, but that's just a dumb thing to say.

Okay, I love you, but that's just a dumb thing to say.

Okay, so if you were at that Safeway market with Sara, Marti, and Nick, and they all got shot and were killed due to that guy, you WOULDN'T want him tortured? Just put yourself in the shoes of the parent's on the nine year old.

Okay, so if you were at that Safeway market with Sara, Marti, and Nick, and they all got shot and were killed due to that guy, you WOULDN'T want him tortured? Just put yourself in the shoes of the parent's on the nine year old.

That would be putting me in a biased position. It wouldn't matter what I wanted -- of course I would want him dead. That's not relevant.

That would be putting me in a biased position. It wouldn't matter what I wanted -- of course I would want him dead. That's not relevant.

There is NO DOUBT that the parents of the nine year old want the guy dead. I don't think he should be killed, but I think he should be put through the exact same pain he put the family members through.

There is NO DOUBT that the parents of the nine year old want the guy dead. I don't think he should be killed, but I think he should be put through the exact same pain he put the family members through.

Still disagree. Two wrongs =/= right. I think he belongs in a straitjacket or behind bars.