• 2/5 Gloves
    • 1/5 Gloves

1x8behC.png 

Premieres: 

Saturday, January 18th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, January 19th @ 9:30am ET/PT

Sunday, January 19th @ 1:00pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob and Patrick are sent to jail in the underground tunnels of Glove World, leading to a daring escape.

Guest Star: Rob Paulsen

• Confused 1

This special ended up being not as good as expected and it wasn't as good as Handemounium but it was a much better special than Birthday Bloutout imo. My only complaints with this episode are that pacing can be messy at times and i wish they'd cut down on craziness and loudness but what made me like the episode was the overall plot. It was just too much fun to see behind the scenes of Glove World and I loved parallels they made with Glove World/Disneyland and Mr. Glove World/Walt Disney. Best jokes to me were the reference about frozen Walt Disney theory, hamfisted line, Mickey Mouse reference, and Patrick yelling at the old robot that he broke the Mr. Glove's head cuz old robot kept saying they broke the rules. I do wish this episode was better than what we got but it was still a pretty entertaining SpongeBob special imo.

Grade: B+

• Like 1

Checked this one out out of curiosity, it wasn't a bad episode. However, I did have a couple issues with it at points. Most of it came from directional issues; Spongebob and Patrick were written really off the rails this time around, even for this point of the show. I feel like they could've toned them down a fair bit and the episode would've turned out tons better. This also adds another issue; I feel like the stakes weren't high enough for a good majority of the episode, and instead of going for a full-on plot, it throws that aside just to be another instance of "lol funny". With that in mind, the episode feels less like an escape plot and more of an exploration plot for a good portion of the episode (of course, that is not a bad thing at all; what they did do with the plot, locations, etc. was actually rather creative). In addition, there are definitely parts of the episode I found legitimately funny. Overall, I would probably give this episode a fair 7/10; watchable and enjoyable for the most part but not without flaws and other things which could have been improved upon.

• Like 1
  • Happy 1

The episode was good, though not as great as it could've been. I enjoyed the parallels between Glove World and Disneyland and Walt Disney and Heronimous Glove. The kid SpongeBob and Patrick kinda annoyed me, but he wasn't the most annoying kid the show has had. There were also times I thought the episode got real slow paced and what was up with the SpongeBob/Patrick moment? I wish the episode had more funny moments, but it wasn't bad.

I think that the concept, in of itself, was pretty good. The major thing keeping me from rating this any higher, like many of the other people here have stated, is the pacing. It feels too uneven, even by the standards of "Spongebob Squarepants". I think that if they tightened up the pacing in some of the slower spots, and maybe focused more on an actual plot instead of just fast-paced action, the episode would've turned out better. Still, it is interesting to see Glove World now become the "Spongebob Squarepants" equivalent of Disneyland (I'm SURPRISED they didn't do this sooner), and make the founder of Glove World the in-universe equivalent of Walt Disney. Overall, I'd give this episode an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!