• Advertisement

Donkey Kong Country (Series Discussion)

Minty Car

So, I got the new one for christmas, and it's awesome. It's just simple fun platforming, which is my favorite kind of gaming. It is VERY hard to beat (it made me break out into a sweat no joke) but I still loved it. Discuss the series below (it was originally on the Super NES, if anyone has played that)

I have played, enjoyed, and beaten "Donkey Kong Country" on the Super NES, Game Boy Advance, and the Wii Virtual Console; "Donkey Kong Land II" on the Game Boy; "Donkey Kong Country II: Diddy Kong's Quest" on the Super NES, Game Boy Advance, and the Wii Virtual Console; AND "Donkey Kong Country 3" on the Game Boy Advance! 125508.gif

Donkey Kong Country Returns is really good, much better then I initially thought it'd be. I was worried that it would feel like an imitator and would pale in comparison to the first three... Well, once I played it, my fears were put to rest. I found it to be easily better then Donkey Kong Country 3, and on par with the first two. I don't think it will ever be my #1 favorite though, just because I love the levels and soundtracks of the first two games. But it comes very close! 630566.gif

i played one of the donkey country games on the gameboy advance and i hated it. i think it was a port from the SNES. but i played the returns one on the wii and i loved it. but, it becomes insanely hard once you reach world 3, and it almost takes away the enjoyment of the game and can discourage many players from continuing on.

This game is not relaxing or chill. It really tests your skills, reflexes, patience, and dilligence. I became so agitated in so many levels to the point where i wanted to throw your wii remote against the wall. i didn't do that because then it would break, but i did yell and scream and swear loudly because i just couldn't contain yourself.

This game made my forehead sweat and my heart beat fast. Every level is all or nothing intensity. Checkpoints come too long into a level, and you will have to replay the same part over and over again that you have already past until you get past the hard part that was after that. Or even worse, you will lose all balloons, get a game over, and have to restart the whole level. This can take forever to beat it because of its cruel and brutal difficulty.

There is the Super Guide, but that is a waste to me because someone else is beating the game for you and that to me is just a waste of money. i think it is also a waste of time to go back and try to beat the levels on your own. because if i hadn't of spent hours trying to beat the levels myself the first time, which i did but with stress, i would have had to go back and replay EVERY LEVEL, and that would be like the same thing as playing through the whole game for the first time.

Other than the difficulty, this game is entertaining, addictive, and nostalgic. It brings you back to the past to relive old times of classic video games. It is full of clever and unpredictable platforming segments that make this game a noteworthy one to add to and keep in your collection.

if i hated the donkey kong country one on the gameboy advance but loved the returns one on the wii, whether or not i would like the other games in the series is unpredictable because so far it has been an even balance. i could try, but i really don't feel up to it so i won't for now. i might sometime in the future, but if i do it will be a long time from now.

if i hated the donkey kong country one on the gameboy advance but loved the returns one on the wii, whether or not i would like the other games in the series is unpredictable because so far it has been an even balance. i could try, but i really don't feel up to it so i won't for now. i might sometime in the future, but if i do it will be a long time from now.

All three are up on Virtual Console for Wii, and are like 10 dollars at worst, so that could be a cost effective way to play through the games