• Advertisement

The Walking Dead

70s

MAGGIE VS. RICK LET'S GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The way that scene of her wailing played out was like she just got the worst April Fools prank ever pulled on her. 

I guess Carol will play the middle in this battle of the 5 originals. Glad Morgan's removed because I was sick of them exploiting his mental state like a gimmick.

Bets on how long it takes Negan to be free in s9? Is EugenexRosita reality yet? Will Enid take the role Carl would have had?

I liked the seeds of dissent that they planted between Maggie and Rick, but Jesus being apart of the whole deal and seeming as if he's genuinely siding with Maggie makes him look a huge hypocrite (especially when they spent a good bit of the episode showing him drilling the concept of mercy back into Morgan's head. And on that subject, I do agree with Hayden that this flip flopping with Morgan, while it did give some of the season's most badass moments, had also grown tiresome to me). Maybe Jesus could just be pretending in order to keep tabs on both sides, but still, that was maybe the most off putting thing that stuck out to me. I guess this also finally gives Daryl something character-wise for once, but I wasn't really impressed with the Daryl vs Rick teases earlier in the season so I don't know if I'll care if/when that beef finally boils over. Maybe he'll end up filling in Dante's role next season, that'd certainly breathe new life into his character.

Morgan sure is looking as though he's the one pulling the comic Michonne move, deciding to just up and leave post-war (and here I thought that honor would've went to Carol before the Morgan crossover was announced). Whatever keeps Morgan alive and fresh, mang, he's one of my faves. I recorded the FTWD premiere and I very much want to see where his story goes from here, but I feel like I need to watch the rest of that series first in order to get a full grasp on that part of the Walking Dead world and to put together the pieces a bit better of where Morgan will fit into it. So idk when I'll get to that, but a change of pace is definitely what he needs atm, and hopefully a new locale and cast of characters to bounce off on will provide him with just that.

Knowing what pace this show can go, Negan might not be free until season 10 :Laugh: depending on the time skip, maybe Judith will be the one to go Lion King II with The Whisperers. Idk, I'm still reeling from the lapse of judgement that was killing off Carl. What he had left ahead of him was the ideal route for his character to go (and Enid is on a better fast track to become Sophia). I can't imagine them being able to transition that off to somebody else seamlessly. Hopefully some positive changes will be made and some things can be salvaged with the arrival of a new showrunner. I really hope, but that's gonna be a pretty steep ass hill to climb.

The Eugene twist (while I sorta saw it coming) was well done and a good way to redeem his character. Gabriel reaching spiritual enlightenment was honestly pretty sweet to see too. They really went above and beyond to put these two cowards over in this war. I personally can't wait to see how they redeem Gregory next handle the Hilltop leadership situation with Gregory next. Should take up a good half a season, that. Should be interesting to see how warrior priest Gabriel will end up being in the conflicts to come. Bummed to not see Negan get one more lick in by breaking Rick's leg, but I guess it's a case similar to why Rick didn't lose his hand. And Tara gets to live to see another season. Who've thunk. 

George-Costanza-Im-out.gif

Rick and Carl were the lifeblood of the whole story. Dad fighting off an unforgiving world to leave a better one for his kid. I can deal with one or the other being gone (although killing off Carl first was a far tougher pill to swallow than had Rick died beforehand), but now to see that both characters are about to be gone (assuming they'll more than likely kill Rick off)...gotdamn. Tho this is something that's been on the back of my mind for a couple years as he's already been playing the role for 8 years, there is still plenty of story left for Rick, like, what could be years worth knowing the writing of this show (and last I heard, AMC has made it clear Walking Dead is here to stay for quite some time). My thoughts on where Daryl stands right now is pretty well known at this point and the thought of him taking the reins is a huge ass turn off for me.

• God Himself 3

I don't even watch The Walking Dead but I read the comments and criticism of this show and I can tell you this. I sympathize with you all and I do agree these are all stupid decisions. I know how it's like to be

- invested in a show adapted by comic books only to shit on source material (tho I've heard comics are dragging too).

- have a one trick pony showrunner that likes shock value, hypocritical decisions, reharshed stories and dragged on arcs

- making a minor character into lead and being all one dimensional dull one

- kill off a character important to the source material

- have the actor of the supposedly main lead isn't fan of the show's direction

to sum up shortly

Spoiler

Ä°lgili resim

luckily we have a new showrunner but even then, I feel tired of it. I just hope The Walking Dead will be put out of its misery if that's what every fan wants. 

• Thanks 1

That’s okay Andrew Lincoln is leaving. Now they can now focus on the evolution of Carl Grimes which is what Robert Kirkman intended the whole time!  Oh wait...

...yeah this show screwed the pooch years ago.  Like the last season I legitimately enjoyed was the first half of Season 5.  After that, head scratching creative decision after head scratching creative decision.  But man, just when I thought S6 finale/S7 premiere mega botch couldn’t be topped, the decision to kill off the freaking future of the series in Carl just shat the bed right all over that.

And now that Maggie, Rick, and rumor has it Michonne too, are all leaving, what the hell is even the point of continuing this?  I read that they are about to pay Norman Reedus 20 million to take over as the lead. That is batshit insanely desperate for a character who somehow still has such a huge following when everything remotely interesting about the character disappeared like five seasons ago.

But hey, anything to keep their last remaining hope of relevance alive.  Right AMC?

• God Himself 2

Here we go, the big resolve of what has felt like an isolated 5 episode arc. There are Pilot callbacks galore so I'd watch that Halloween night if I were you. (8th anniversary of Rick's first episode).

Also I guess since a 5-6 year time jump is at the end of next week's episode, we might also see Maggie's last scene (until Season 10 at least). Exiled or self-exiled?