• Advertisement

Pointless Tom & Jerry DVD Movie Number 3409834

Cha

and talk about an outdated and parodied to death story. 

Seriously, this looks like something ripped out of the mid or early 2000's. Or maybe even the 90's.

2007 at the latest. But hey, I'm not a kid anymore so it doesn't really matter what I think. I'm sure there's some kid audience out there who enjoys old aesthetics and doesn't have the money to simply watch the originals on Boomerang. (Okay to be fair I really liked the racing movie as a kid and I think one about the astronauts a little.)

• Like 1

See, what gets me is that this isn't even something, like, "Tom and Jerry sneak into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory after hours and get all mixed up! Hilarious!", or even a fully committed Willy Wonka parody where there's, like, some sort of amazing animal food factory and whoever finds the golden tickets inside specific bags of animal food get to take a tour and there's a cat version of Willy Wonka and the kids are different types of animals and then go from there. What gets me irrationally angry is that, judging from the trailer, this is straight-up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's either an A-plot or a B-plot, but that plot is clearly just moving right along just fine without Tom and Jerry being there, and they're just kind of wandering around and doing things for no good reason. Are you kidding?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, NegiSpongie said:

I guess all they can do is take classic movies and stick Tom and Jerry in it. What will they do next?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Tom and Jerry: Platoon, honestly.

also, the magic ring movie wasn't too shabby neither

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

It could be worse.  They could be butchering The Wizard of Oz.

...and then going back to it.

At least with Oz, almost every show has done it to death and T&J is no different. (But a second Oz movie, wtf..)

better adaption

50 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Hanna-Barbera are probably rolling in their graves rn

That's ASSUMING they're both ACTUALLY dead and did NOT turn themselves into cyborgs! o.o In all honesty, though, I doubt either Hanna OR Barbera would have said 'no' to this; they were the KINGS of Shameless self-promotion, and MERCHANDISED their characters to the point of EXHAUSTION! :rolleyes: I'm more worried that this will desecrate the memory of Gene Wilder! I mean, come ON Warner Bros.! You could at LEAST wait a FEW years after Gene Wilder has passed away, before making a movie like this! :S I'll still probably watch it if there's nothing better on TV, AKA Shameless Self-Loving Cartoon Watcher Lover! :hysterical:

• Like 1

Okay, with all seriousness...

This kind of thing is not new to me, (see The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and Christmas Carol.) but unlike what other properties have done, I see no reason for this to exist than to try to entertain its main demographic. It baffles me that the Tom & Jerry franchise now has the audacity to recycle past movie storylines and characters for a standalone direct-to-DVD movie, but this is harmless at best. From what I've seen from the trailer, I don't feel that the franchise is trying to butcher the original source material, and at the end of the day, it is what it is meant to do: entertain children. Also, it really could've been worse. This crossover would've been with Teen Titans Go....yeah, even if I'm tired of people talking about TTG, I had to bring that up. Still, while I don't think this crossover looks good, it doesn't look awful to me either.

• Like 2