• Advertisement

210b. Burst Your Bubble

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Bubbles: One bubble boat, coming up!
    • 4/5 Bubbles: Lovely day for a boat wash!
    • 3/5 Bubbles: Calm down, SpongeBob!
    • 2/5 Bubbles: Whoa, maybe I shouldn't have borrowed Pearl's shorts...
    • 1/5 Bubbles: You're never getting a boating license!

(No promo image available at this time) 

Premieres: 

Saturday, March 18th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, March 18th @ 3:45pm ET/PT

Saturday, March 18th @ 11:45am ET/PT

Saturday, March 25th @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob blows himself a bubble boat, everyone in town starts to want one.

Clips:

N/A

Mixing in bubble blowing with boating sounds like an interesting combination, so this could be fun.

Edited by jjsthekid

Great episode. This is honestly up there with Mimic Madness as one of my favorite Season 10 episodes so far. First thing's first, I really just loved the concept. Mixing bubble blowing (which we haven't really seen in a long time, so that's a welcome return) with boating school was a creative idea. I loved the execution. There were so many funny gags (Patrick with his boat, Mr. Krabs washing his boat, the cop, Mrs. Puff popping at the end, etc.), and it gave me a couple of good smirks. I liked the irony of SpongeBob teaching Mrs. Puff to drive the bubble boats, which was done much better here than it was in Summer Job. I liked Mrs. Puff's role in it too. I genuinely felt bad when the school had to close (in a good way). It was sweet how Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob were able to kind of get along near the end when driving the bubble boat, even though it was obvious she was going to mess up. While obviously things would go back to normal by the end, I did like what the episode did with its concept. I didn't mind the fast opening, since it got right to the point and we didn't need another long intro of SpongeBob failing his test. Another minor note, but I also liked how SpongeBob legit wanted to help everyone in town get their own bubble boat, it was nice to see his helpful side return. Very fun ride (pun intended).

Grade: A

(yay jjs didn't give a negative review to a Season 10 episode)

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

"Learn how to drive!". "I'M TRYING".

Larry cameo was a neat way to make Spongebob jealous, Krabs wearing Pearl's shorts was a disturbing gag. and Patrick playing frisbee with his boat was silly.

The bubble boats had unique designs to them (since I'm pretty sure we already know what a bubble resembling a boatmobile looks like).

It was great to see Spongebob happy with his alternative. After all, a bubble can't hurt anybody. Which is why it was sad when a bunch of people who didn't need bubble boats to drive had to go and ruin it for him because they thought it was trendy.

It was an interesting dynamic to see Mrs. Puff struggle with something everyone else found so simple. Giving her a chance to walk a mile in Spongebob's shoes.

It was also a nice touch that the boating school obstacle course resembled its classic counterpart. That freeway also seems to be a new recurring area.

"That's kind of a wash I guess". It's a shame things had to revert back to status quo, the bubble boat mishap wasn't exactly on Spongebob's hands. Get it? Cause soap?

This episode mostly proved that creative boating school episodes still exist somewhere in the tank. Now maybe one day an episode can explore Puff's rap sheet.

• Like 2

I really liked this episode. In the beginning, I actually did feel bad for SpongeBob failing his test this time around, but it was funny seeing Mr. Krabs washing his boat in Pearl's shorts. Also kinda interesting seeing Patrick have a boat, even though he lost his license. I really liked the design of the bubble boats and the mechanics behind it. I kinda enjoyed SpongeBob teaching Mrs. Puff how to drive since unlike last time he taught driver's ed, he's actually qualified this time. I kinda saw the bubble boats backfiring in some way, but it wasn't really SpongeBob's intention to start a trend. 

This is indeed one of the best episodes of season 10 so far and this is pretty much how you do such a compelling storyline. When the show came back from the hiatus, I thought the show really improved but it still had some pacing issues for me. This episode however has one of the most balanced pacings in a while. The episode never felt too fast or too slow. The plot moved pretty smoothly. I really loved how the storytelling was so compelling here. It's a simple premise, SpongeBob decides to make bubble boat for himself and then people wants him to make bubble boats too but I really think the characterizations made this episode strong. It's really nice to see SpongeBob's jealousy over people having boats, even Patrick. Tho Patrick plays with the boat, rather than drive it, good joke. Ater Mrs. Puff finally kicks him out of boating school, it's really sad to see that SpongeBob won't be able to drive a boat and you can see that all he wants is some excitement from driving. I really loved seeing how Mrs. Puff becomes SpongeBob's teacher. Unlike Summer Job, this episode knows how to switch roles so well. Their dynamic is definitely sweet and pretty fun. The climax kind of reminded me of Bumper to Bumper but still the climax was so fun to watch. I realy enjoyed this episode form start to finish. It was a bit light on gags but it still had moments that made me smile, especially Mr. Krab cleaing up his boat. If there's something to be annoyed about is that the status quo here is weird. Mrs. Puff decides to kick SpongeBob out of boating school, yet SpongeBob tells her that they'll see each other in boating school again. Just what??? I mean of course everything just goes back to normal but that ending just didn't make so much sense to me. Plus it's weird how no one else has to take lessons from SpongeBob but Mrs. Puff has to. Then again actual boats are outlawed in the episode, so I can kind of let it slide???????????????????? 

Despite all these, this is definitely a great episode from season 10 and one of the best boating school episodes in years.

Grade: A-

• Like 1

Omg so good. I like how SpongeBob found way to drive without boats. (reminds me of the pattywagon) I thought plot would be resolved rather quick with the bubble boats not working, but they actually let it milk out a bit. And ironically Mrs. Puff becomes his student and they go through the whole ordeal. It was nice to see her not get really angry at SB either. 

A

also this season's flowing animation, dang

• Like 1