• Advertisement

Dreamworks Animation: Captain Underpants

Jane

That trailer was a good trip down memory lane.

On 6/23/2016 at 10:58 AM, terminoob said:

Over/under on the chances of them doing a scene with flip-book style animation in the movie?

Well based off that trailer, very likely.  Too bad nobody took the under.

9 hours ago, terminoob said:

Well I hate the voices about as much as I thought I would.

Other than that though this looks really amazing. I'm into it.

The voices for George and Harold really don't seem like they really fit the characters at all. Kevin Hart in particular isn't how I imagined George to sound lmao

10 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

The voices for George and Harold really don't seem like they really fit the characters at all. Kevin Hart in particular isn't how I imagined George to sound lmao

Yeah, Ed Helms doesn't do it for me either. I feel like his voice is too naturally arrogant for Captain Underpants.

4 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Casting adults as children is nothing new. I think they fit perfectly.

Agreed. For instance, Nancy Cartwright and Yeardley Smith are both adults, and they have been voicing Bart and Lisa Simpson respectively since 1987!

2 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Agreed. For instance, Nancy Cartwright and Yeardley Smith are both adults, and they have been voicing Bart and Lisa Simpson respectively since 1987!

Yeah, that's not comparable at all. Remember a few years ago when Chris Rock was at the Oscars and he was like "YEAH VOICE ACTING IS SO EASY I JUST GO IN AND SAY AFRO CIRCUS AND I GET PAID! I DONT EVEN HAVE TO CHANGE OUTTA MY SWEATPANTS!"? Celebrity voice actors do not equal professional voice actors. There are very few celebrities that actually try to sound different, because they're getting paid to be themselves. Kevin Hart is in this movie because he's Kevin Hart, not because he sounds like a schoolboy; him doing stand-up in a recording studio is not the same as Nancy Cartwright manipulating her voice to be a 10 year old boy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Yeah, that's not comparable at all. Remember a few years ago when Chris Rock was at the Oscars and he was like "YEAH VOICE ACTING IS SO EASY I JUST GO IN AND SAY AFRO CIRCUS AND I GET PAID! I DONT EVEN HAVE TO CHANGE OUTTA MY SWEATPANTS!"? Celebrity voice actors do not equal professional voice actors. There are very few celebrities that actually try to sound different, because they're getting paid to be themselves. Kevin Hart is in this movie because he's Kevin Hart, not because he sounds like a schoolboy; him doing stand-up in a recording studio is not the same as Nancy Cartwright manipulating her voice to be a 10 year old boy.

Good point. Kevin Hart and Thomas Middleditch are George and Harold because they're being themselves as comedic, well-meaning goofballs, which fit George and Harold to a T.

2 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Good point. Kevin Hart and Thomas Middleditch are George and Harold because they're being themselves as comedic, well-meaning goofballs, which fit George and Harold to a T.

The point I think terminoob was trying to make was that even if that's true, they... still don't sound like kids.

I never cared to read this franchise back in elementary school specifically, it just looked too silly and I thought it was possibly just filled with little kid gross-out humor. However, this movie looks like it could be really good. Guess I shouldn't have judged my school book fairs' by their covers.