• Advertisement

E3 2016

Jane

Runs from the 14th to 16th.

PREDICTIONS:

Sony: 

-PS4 Neo announced. Will be $400 and launch this October.

-More The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 7 remake. 

-Horizon Zero Dawn delay.

-Whatever Sucker Punch is working on will get announced, same with Bend.

-New Ratchet & Clank possibly.

Xbox:

Don't care. Probably a similarly upgraded Xbox.

Nintendo:

1280px-Hindenburg_burning.jpg

I will be watching Sony's for whatever Sucker Punch and Bend's games are, a new R&C potentially and TLG. I will also see Nintendo's out of pure curiosity (they're fucked)

Edited by Teamwork

59 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

Nintendo:

1280px-Hindenburg_burning.jpg

I will also see Nintendo's out of pure curiosity (they're fucked)

You realize Nintendo is showing more than Zelda now

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/06/03/nintendo-is-showing-more-than-just-zelda-at-e3-after-all-but-still-no-nx/#69e023e97c2e

• Like 1

I'm hoping Nintendo gives us a sneak peek of the NX as well as info on the new Zelda. As for Sony, i'm looking forward to the FFVII remake and probably some RPGs. Microsoft could show something nice also. Let's see what happens when the show gets started.

1 hour ago, crushingmayhem said:

I'm hoping Nintendo gives us a sneak peek of the NX as well as info on the new Zelda. As for Sony, i'm looking forward to the FFVII remake and probably some RPGs. Microsoft could show something nice also. Let's see what happens when the show gets started.

Nintendo will only be showing Zelda U and some other upcoming Wii U games (already announced though). No NX.

28 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

Nintendo will only be showing Zelda U and some other upcoming Wii U games (already announced though). No NX.

Most companies say they won't show stuff but in the end they do mention them on their press conferences even if its not the full information.

• Like 1

Just now, crushingmayhem said:

Most companies say they won't show stuff but in the end they do mention them on their press conferences even if its not the full information.

They wouldn't have said three months in advance during an investor briefing they wouldn't.

It would be awesome though if this was all an elaborate ruse and they're unveiling the NX there.

Maybe this is my lifelong love for Nintendo blinding me, even with personal acknowledgment that they are struggling in the home console market right now, but why does it feel like whenever I view any sort of gaming news thread here, it consists of someone bashing the company?  I'm seriously getting tired of anybody beating the dead horse that is Nintendo's home console struggles.  The joke isn't funny anymore, even if the Wii U is one of the biggest console busts in recent memory.  You know Nintendo has much more being announced than Zelda at E3, right?  They are not "fucked" overall when they are still making plenty of money in the handheld market.  I, for one, am excited about all the releases coming out for their handhelds and mobile gaming.  Even if the NX doesn't get revealed, so what?  Nintendo has many more trade shows to reveal the console.  E3 may be the biggest, but there is still plenty of time to unveil it and plan it out.  I think they are at a fine point right now in establishing what the NX is that they can afford just a brief amount of time at E3 to just go over some more of it.  Although, it wouldn't surprise me if its just a ruse right now.

Plus, I thought the point of E3 was to not just unveil what other gamers already know, but also surprise announcements?  Because I'm pretty sure not just with Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft will have plenty of surprises up each company's own individual sleeves.  Hell I remember years ago when I use to heavily follow these gaming publications that Sony wouldn't unveil the PS3 due to wanting the PS2 to be another ten year console like the PS1 (yeah I know, I'm old) and guess what they did?  Yeah I'm sure this entire post will come off as fanboy bias and I'm perfectly fine with that since mostly everyone knows by now that I've owned every single Nintendo console and handheld at one point or another.  Who knows, maybe I will end up looking like a fool three weeks from now when Nintendo underwhelms at E3 once again?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

I mean, I guess I'm glad I can finally play Birth By Sleep and Back Cover, but I wish they'd just get to the third one already. It's been 11 years since Kingdom Hearts 2 and the gap only gets bigger - how the hell is it going to live up to that amount of anticipation?

• Like 1

Another Xbox game I've been looking forward to for a while. What they showed here was pretty tight. It definitely shows that Platinum is focusing a lil less on the crazy ass action here than in the likes of Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns. Protag is kinda ehh so far from my angle. It seems very Monster Hunter-esque, which I can dig. Saw the Crackdown 3 delay coming, but whatever gives us the "best experience", hopefully. Glad to see that Tekken 7 finally has a release window.

Pretty hyped for Sea of Thieves too. It's good to see Rare finally churning out something new after that Project Spark shit. Looks like a blast to play with peeps, I can imagine the amount of frustrations already. Plus I'm a sucker for pirate stuff.

• Like 1