• Advertisement

Charlie Puth

Steel Sponge

Making a thread for him after I decided to listen to all of Twelve Nine Track Mind. Before then, I hated most of what he released and after giving his debut album a listen, the rest of the songs range from being a mixed bag to just being really awful. (Except only "Some Type of Love")

In my opinion, he's one of the worst current pop stars out there. If any of you guys do like him, that's perfectly fine, I'm just expressing my thoughts here.

I wouldn't call him one of the worst current pop stars but his music doesn't do much for me. Marvin Gaye is cringeworthy and One Call Away is laughably bad, but his singing in See You Again was decent. Puth is just a big ball of blandness but at least his music doesn't actively annoy me as much as his pal Meghan Trainor's does.

Yeah I wouldn't call him the worst of anything either.  His stuff is either hilariously bad or incredibly bland, but at the very least, the guy can sing.  He just doesn't leave much of an impression on me to really annoy me.

So, um...the new Charlie Puth has completely defied my expectations since back when I said that I was not going to expect great things to come from the guy. I didn't listen to all of his second album, but I've been loving his three singles from it compared to how I loathed a majority of songs from his debut album.

What's also interesting to note is that Puth had said that he felt his output from "Nine Track Mind" was dishonest as he wanted to make the type of music like what he makes now. It's no wonder the singer's sound matured so significantly (and meanwhile, Meghan Trainor is still making mediocre pop music).

7 minutes ago, kevin said:

attention is still a bop n a half. 

and Charlie is hot

but yeah I definitely think he's improved since Nine Track Mind. Attention, How Long, and Done for Me are jams.

• God Himself 1

His... new album is really good? There are quite a few songs I love on it but I've been listening to Boy non-stop for like two months now. We love an ugly-hot king