• Advertisement

Glasses.

TheBigOcean

I've been wearing glasses since I was a kid. I don't want to get contacts because I don't want to stick something in my eye and have to worry about taking them out so I don't fall asleep with them on. It gets annoying having to clean glasses but overall I like them.

• Like 1

I've had glasses for most of my life at this point. I used to really hate them, and then I started to really like them, but over the past year or so I've started to sort of hate them again, but I don't want to deal with contacts and I don't have the money for laser eye surgery. I think part of the problem is I can't find a pair of frames I actually like anymore. Warby Parker seems to have some that look really nice though, so maybe if I snag a pair of those I'll change my mind.

I'll also add that the amount of people that think I know everything because I wear glasses is absolutely absurd. In middle school and high school all of the jocks and slackers thought I was super smart because I wore glasses and they'd always want to partner up with me on projects because they thought they'd get a good grade, and at my job all my co-workers and customers think I know everything about fashion because I'm the only one in the Men's department that wears glasses.

I've had to wear glasses ever since I was five or six years old because my vision sucks. I've never been interested in getting contacts because I don't like the idea of literally wearing something on my eyes and I also have no interest in laser surgery because I really don't like the idea of getting my eyes zapped with a beam of light. Besides, regardless of what others say, I think glasses make me look better.

Edited by Metal Snake