• Advertisement

Independence Day: Resurgence

BoJack Horseman

I'm definetly hyped for this movie. The first movie was such a marvelous movie and this movie looks even better.  I'm so disappointed that Will Smith will not return for the sequel tho :(. I also know Roland Emmerich's other films are so despised but hopefully this will be great

No thank you.  

The original Independence Day is an absolute guilty pleasure and is fine on it's own.  This has absolutely zero reason to warrant a sequel.  The least they could have done is brought Will Smith back but they couldn't even convince him that this deserves to exist.  That's bad.

Saw this with a friend last night.  Very very messy film.  VERY.  Which for an unneeded sequel, it didn't have to be.  Just do exactly what they did in the first movie.  It's not that hard.  Make a sequel involving the same exact format and maybe...just maybe you could have replicated the success of the first movie.  But no, this movie couldn't even get that right.

Oh and spoiler...they killed Will Smith's character.  Pretty much the best thing of the first movie and you killed him off because you were petty since he didn't believe this needed to exist.  Well since this is the latest sequel to flop, Will Smith is clearly having the last laugh.

On January 5, 2016 at 2:50 PM, whotheteen said:

I'm definetly hyped for this movie. The first movie was such a marvelous movie and this movie looks even better.  I'm so disappointed that Will Smith will not return for the sequel tho :(. I also know Roland Emmerich's other films are so despised but hopefully this will be great

RIP your hopes and dreams.

Hold up, I can't believe we've come so far with this topic without asking the million dollar question in our hands:

Spoiler

Will Boomer Live?

for how much the nostalgia critic's current videos suck, that still never gets old

• Like 1