• Advertisement

Request A Song To Review

kylie

Team by Lorde   ^_^

Spoiler
Team - Lorde

Released: September 13, 2012

Peak Position: #6

Of Lordes two majorly successful songs, I found this one to be the better of the two- which isn't to say that I dislike Royals at all, it's just that this one sounds better and is written better. This one is more accurate to who Lorde really is, alternative but with a little bit of funk and with some exceptional writing. This sort of song is one I can relate to (moreso when I was a teenager but w/e) and it's nice to see Lorde, who was the same age as Britney Spears or Rihanna were during their debuts, take on a more mature theme in her music but it still feels true to her. Lordes music is far too complex for the pop charts, but I'm hoping her success continues with the release of her next album. 

I have listened to Pure Heroine many times and, although I like most of the songs, this is the only one that really stuck with me. It's a smart, well-written song that gives Lorde a lot more depth as an artist. It left me wanting more from her.

• Like 1

breathe me

Spoiler

<3 I really like this song. Jokes aside, I think it's solid. The piano is beautiful, her voice is gorgeous, and it has it's special place on any sad music playlist for sure. Beautiful lyrics with meaning behind them that I can relate to. Sias most successful works are hardly her best displays of her work- if you want a song that shows you who Sia actually is as an artist, I would recommend Breathe Me. You may also know this song for the fact that it's been in literally ever single "inspirational" commercial of the last decade, but it still gets very little recognition as a breath-taking and tight song.

Otherside- Red Hot Chili Peppers :D

Spoiler

I've never been sure how I felt about the Red Hot Chili Peppers- at times, I absolutely love them, and then sometimes I can not stand them at all. This is one of the times where I love them- I remember this song from when I was a kid quite vividly because my dad actually really liked their music (which is weird cuz hes mostly into classical stuff from our country) so I grew up with this song and so it has a special place in my heart. It's a very meaningful and well-written song, and one of Anthonys best works as a vocalist.

Me and U by Cassie.

Spoiler

You know I love Cassie, and this is one of my fave songs from 2006 as well. There's nothing absolutely spectacular about it but I do still really like it- but I am surprised this didn't make Cassie a star. The only notable thing she's done since this is make a video with Nicki Minaj in which they basically had lesbian sex on screen-

giphy.gif

But I think she deserves more than just this. She has some nice vocals, this song has some great production, and it climbed all the way to #3 on the charts which isn't a bad start to a career.

• Like 3

Rappin for jesus

Spoiler

Rappin for Jesus is exactly what you think it would be- a Christian rap single by none other than the king of rap himself. His flow rivals those of Snoop Dogg and The Notorious B.I.G, but don't even try to discredit his lyrical ability, for example- "Those other MC's I wish them well, but If you live in sin, you burn in hell." That lyric alone definitively made this not only the greatest rap song of our decade, but possibly also the greatest rap song of all time. But that's not all- he's not only rapping the Christian truth, but he keeps it hip with a minimalist yet funky beat that the lord himself would easily approve of. The second verse from Mary Sue, who in all honesty is our queen of rap, absolutely makes this song a timeless classic. Her use of the phrase of turn the other cheek is absolutely iconic, not to mention how she turns her other cheek and is proud to be an American- and she wants Jesus' love to pop a cap in your butt, which is clearly the Christian truth. Take note, other rappers - "If you do drugs and think you're cool, you need to go to Sunday school!" This flawless combination of two world-famous rappers was clearly going to work, but it's only made stronger by the music video. 

If someone doesn't like this song? I forgive him.

3dOzKss.png