• Advertisement

Bands/singers/albums you got tired of or ones you want to listen to more?

Cha

Tired of: She & Him (kinda), Mika and Passion Pit. I can't think of any more at the moment. 

Listen to more: Faded Paper Figures, Muse, Foster The People (behinds their album Torches), Weezer's Pinkerton maybe and some hip-hop/rap singers like Rakim and Eric B, LL Cool J and Naughty By Nature.

I usually don't get tired with bands/albums and stuff. I usually just stop listening for a while but a month later listen to them on overkill again. But I want to listen to radiohead albums more. I really like this band now.

tired of: ween, death grips

listen to: swans, the residents, black sabbath, talking heads, opeth, metallica, tom waits, yes, mike oldfield, tyler the creator, explosions in the sky, sigur ros, elliott smith, slowdive, kate bush, bjork, modest mouse, nine inch nails, kendrick lamar, mf doom, boards of canada, deltron 3030, the roots

Most of the ones on the "listen to" list are ones I haven't heard at all, but some of them are "listen to more" though

Tired of (well, not really tired of, but I feel like i've explored their discography satisfactorily): Butthole Surfers, Flipper, No Trend, Misfits, Loop, Ween, The Cure, Primus, Bardo Pond, Hellhammer, Electric Wizard, Three-6 Mafia, Dalek, Death Grips, My Bloody Valentine, Chrome, Skullflower, Les Rallizes Denudes, the Velvet Underground, Geto Boys, Pixies

Should delve deeper into: Cocteau Twins, Virgin Prunes, James Ferraro, Future Sounds of London, Saccharine Trust, Burzum, Voivod, Nachtmystium, Eric B & Rakim, Kool Moe Dee

I've got to soon. Is it really better than Yoshimi? Because that was one of the best start-to-finish records I've ever heard honestly. 

I have to admit man, Soft Bulletin was better. Yoshimi was great, but it's a little bubblegum-y for my tastes.

It's hard for me to get sick of music I don't like, unless I don't like it to begin with. As for what I'd want to listen to more, I'm going with Katniss on this with more Walk the Moon. That's all I can really think of off the top of my head.

Tired of: My Chemical Romance, Insane Clown Posse, Limp Bizkit, Bowling for Soup

Want to Listen to More: Ween, Blink-182, AC-DC, Metallica, Aerosmith

<3<3<3 Blink-182 so much. 

i've gotten a bit tired of Boards of Canada and Pink Floyd. (recently had the Shocking Revelation that some bands i used to love and admire… aren't really as fantastic as i thought they were? certainly not compared to my more recent discoveries.)

right now i want to listen to more Death Grips and Tame Impala - i've only really scratched the surface of their discographies and i like what i'm hearing so far so i think i should check out more of their stuff.

I should hear more Flaming Lips too. i'm only really acquainted with their early stuff.

Oh, I realllly need to hear more Naked City though. Really like me some punk-jazz, but the only full release of theirs i've heard is "Leng t'Eche" (which is a drone-doom piece unlike most of their other work, excellent regardless). Speaking of drone, i should get more into Sunn 0))...