• Advertisement

190a. Lost in Bikini Bottom

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: I can't wait to see your face when you get to work and I'm already there!
    • 4/5 Stars: There's ALWAYS a shortcut!
    • 3/5 Stars: Thanks for waiting, Squidward!
    • 2/5 Stars: THE KRUSTY KLAM?!
    • 1/5 Stars: I'M LOST!

Yooooo we're on the right track with this stuff

Da Good

-Seeing Bob Camp and Jack Pendarvis' names on SpongeBob credits was surreal in a great way

-That sunrise animation<3

-Squidward and SpongeBob walking to work scenes are like the backbone of episodes like these. Always great material here. Loved Squidward's explanation of a straight line that SpongeBob was too dumb to understand.

-"Mmm, strawberry!"

-"YOO HOO"

-The shortcut song was catchy

-Not totally relevant but the boards here are really really nice. Bob Camp has this crazy way of drawing SpongeBob and his world that's kinetic yet reserved and bruh it's just great all around Season 4 level stuff

-Dead @ Krabby Krust

-Heidi The Hydrant for Best New Character

-"Isn't it a little early to be hitting the blunt high-fructose corn syrup?" Great sequence! It was really out-of-nowhere and random but it was done in an intelligent way that was funny just for how out-of-place it was. Scott also confirmed Best New Character sorry Heidi

-the sequence with SpongeBob saying what was happening as he made it back to the KK was also great and had some great lines. "Fall down this hill of broken glass!"

-"But most of all, I missed you, choking guy."

-Crazy Squidward at the end reminded me of his mental breakdown in Born To Be Wild, which is always nice. I like how he wasn't a garbage character in these two episodes.

-"No, it said, 'Buy For A Fee'."

Da Bad

-Uhhh... I mean, the plot wasn't totally original I guess? It's basically Rock Bottom with a Krusty Krab twist and not as adventurous but I still liked it. And I guess SpongeBob was sorta over-the-top at the start, but it was fine.

Even though everything felt really different and I'm going to miss Luke, Marc, Mr. L and the gang, hopefully this new era can live up to the heights those 3 created. If this is any indication, it shouldn't be too hard for them. Small, simple plot, funny execution, good-natured silly humor and great art.

Great start. 8.5/10.

• Like 4

The animation and music in this episode were on point. Loved Squidward in this, especially at the end when he was rolling around in the dirt and Mr. Krabs hosed him XD SpongeBob was a bit annoying but not as unbearable like in other episodes. Scott was a nice touch as well and a fairly amusing minor character. LOL at all those KK ripoffs. And Mr. Krabs's "YOO HOO" needs to be a ringtone or something, haha. I'll give this a 7.5/10. 

The animation with the sunrise was so beautiful. Infact, this episode has some of the best animation in the whole series. Hell, this episode IS one of the best episodes in the series. I haven't enjoyed SpongeBob this much in like 4 years. The jokes were hilarious, the plot worked well and the whole thing was just perfect. Every second of it worked so well and i love this one to death. This gives me tons of faith in the new episodes! 11/10

I loved it too, it was a breath of fresh air and if you and I are too hyped by this episode it's only because of this can be a normal episode than we could have the good episodes of the season be really funny and great ones the quality of the premovie aka Chocolate with Nuts, Band Geeks, Hooky ETC. I'm hyped because if this is average, it's an average pre movie episode and that means I can look forward to gems in the future.

I loved this episode's music, and like the others said, the visuals were excellent. I didn't think it was as good overall as Tutor Sauce, but I thought it did a good job making the most out of a simple plotline, and it had really wonderful moments like Squidward's "straight line" talk and of course the whole thing with Scott and his version of Uber. Episodes like this where nobody's out of characters and things don't go too off the rails are exactly what the show needs to bounce after Yeti Krabs, and I'm excited to see what's coming next. 7/10

Glad you mentioned the music. It felt inspired, hell even the background noise felt a step up from recent times. I think someone pointed out they had been slacking a bit.

Well, I was disappointed with this episode. It has some funny parts but most of them are spoiled by Nickelodeon and SpongeBob was an idiot in this episode. Yes, he is naive but not stupid. He acted like Patrick in this episode. I gotta give a credit for the animation tho. It's pretty nice. Nothing amazing but still. Also the last minutes cracked me up. I gave it a B-.

You go Scott.

Spongebob may have been an idiot but I can forgive that because he wasn't an idiot that was ruining someone's day and he wasn't obnoxious in his stupidity, also the voice was kept sounding the same. He didn't sound like an infant or anything, he just sounded like he was trying to reinvent the wheel or eh... straight line.

I finally saw this episode segment for the first time, I thought it was a really good segment! Scott IS a good new character, but not as good as Norton in my honest opinion. Introverts for the win! I would've liked to have seen what the Krusty Klam was like, but I guess that's what fan-fictions are for! A 10/10! Enough said!

Right after the second movie, the show saw a drastic increase in quality for the most part. This episode is an example of that. Even just the plot of the episode (Spongebob getting lost while trying to take a shortcut) is good; the episode itself is greatly done also. While I don't think this episode is "pre-movie" quality or anything, it's still very enjoyable. The humor is spot-on, the story is interesting, the animation is good (this episode was storyboarded by Bob Camp, a former Ren and Stimpy writer) and overall the episode just works. While it's not great, I'd be willing to say it's the best of Season 9 up to this point.

FINAL RATING: 8/10 (GOOD episode)