• Advertisement

Feminism in SpongeBob??

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

http://www.progressivetheology.org/essays/2005.01.21-SpongeBob-Menace.html

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. It's a children's TV show. It's not like Stephen Hillenburg was thinking, "Hm, how can I advance the gay agenda with this TV show? Let's make a bisexual character have the main role and have him flirt with his neighbor!" It fails to take into consideration that Stephen Hillenburg was a marine biologist and had a strong fascination with sea creatures, especially sponges.

But nothing is as ridiculous as this:

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/12/30/toy-for-3-year-olds-who-want-to-shave-their-crotch-like-a-big-girl/

It's not even real! The real product is called "SpongeBob Groom and Go". Look it up on Amazon.  :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Perhaps the most unusual character in the cast is Sandy, a squirrel from Texas who lives underwater in Bikini Bottom (an allusion to topless bars!). Because she is a land animal, she is forced to wear a deep-sea diving suit at all times. Her inclusion in the group is a not-so-subtle swipe at the notion of the proper role of women in society. Sandy is an A-1 women's libber. She's strong, she's smart, she's outspoken, and she's from the south. Her southern roots imply a criticism of the Southern Baptist Convention's proper recognition that women need to be kept in their places (i.e., out of the pulpit and out of roles of leadership in the church). Sandy's presence in Bikini Bottom is emblematic of the attempts of women everywhere to usurp the leadership roles of men in society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbsWQqnWS_s

• Like 1

I read somewhere Steve Hillenburg said that in "The Great Snail Race", after SpongeBob called Gary a lady, it cut to Sandy and she said, "I don't know, why, but I'm gonna kick SpongeBob's butt tomorrow", that line was added to show kids not to discriminate women.

• Like 2

Guest hilaryfan80

Lol, SpongeBob was created long before people starts getting offended on petty things.

Eh, I don't think so. Feminism was considered "petty" in the 1930s too, but now women can vote and everything. At the same time, SpongeBob has very little to do with it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Eh, I don't think so. Feminism was considered "petty" in the 1930s too, but now women can vote and everything. At the same time, SpongeBob has very little to do with it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'm not talking about Feminism. Eh I don't know how to explain it I screwed up with my words.

On 6/3/2015 at 1:18 PM, Cha said:

I used "lady" to humiliate and demean you. It's a motivational tool we coaches use.

I don't know why, but I think I'll kick SpongeBob's butt tomorrow.

Later...

THAT'S FOR YESTERDAY, SQUAREPANTS!