• Advertisement

The Muppets (2015 television series)

Clappy

At least this breaks the notion that the Muppets are only for kids now. I'll take a peek at it. :)

The Muppets have never been solely for kids. :P

The Muppets have never been solely for kids. :P

You actually have a point there, because believe it or not, the Muppets (or at least a VERSION of them) appeared on "Saturday Night Live" as 'cast-members' in its very first season (1975-1976). :P

You actually have a point there, because believe it or not, the Muppets (or at least a VERSION of them) appeared on "Saturday Night Live" as 'cast-members' in its very first season (1975-1976). :P

It wasn't actually The Muppets, it was just some Jim Henson puppets.

They pulled out because Jim thought SML was too adult.

One of friends, who's a huge Muppets fan, showed me this and he said he was skeptical. I am too, as this could either be awesome like the Muppets are 99% of the time.....OR this just ends up like "The Looney Tunes Show". Hopefully it's the former!

Okay the high definition, Fozzie Bear driving a car, the joke about how they couldn't swear and the sort of show within a show were good. Not sure if the humor or plots will be good enough for the show to last, but I'll keep watching it for a few more episodes. I'm kinda sad that the actual Muppets show doesn't exist in their world and instead it's Ms. Piggy's talk show. I dunno, I mean I can handle Ms. Piggy but her attitude gets annoying after a while. Especially if she's the main focus. 

Yeah the pacing felt really off during the pilot. I don't know if they had to cut scenes to make the run time but the beginning felt very rushed. I get that we are suppose to know who The Muppets are by now and the concept of it being a show within a show, but they should have slowed it down somewhat to let us know more.

The jokes were funny though especially the entire subplot with Fozzie and his girlfriend's parents. The father especially stole every scene he was in. I'll probably still tune in for a few more episodes for it to really win me over, but for a pilot, it wasn't that bad. Just confused at times with what direction they were trying to go in. Oh and Elizabeth Banks interactions with Scooter were amazing too btw. More scene stealing guest stars, the better (although I could have done without Imagine Dragons unless they have more musical acts at the end as a homage to The Muppet Show).